Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Messed up dreaming as of late > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 6911 | Total Posts: 94 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-17-09 08:29:18 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Lately I've been having this thing, where I wake up and get out of bed and start doing my morning routine, brushing my teeth or checking my email, but something is wrong, like I can't keep my toothbrush in my mouth, or I can't type accurately. Then I jerk my head and I'm back in bed and it was all a dream. So then I get up and start my morning routine again, but then the same thing happens and I end up in bed again! Each time I'm equally surprised that it was all a dream. This can happen for several layers in a row. It's really weird. It's kind of scary because it seems like I can't wake up, that I'm stuck inside these embedded dreams. I think it might have something to do with the sleep mask I've been wearing. Does this happen to anyone else?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-17-09 10:00:31 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Sometimes I have dreams that I can figure out are dreams, but can't control. It's like lucid dreaming, but it's not all puppies and flying. I can't do any of that shit, I just have to pray to wake up.

Also, my dreams have been really vivid lately, I blame quitting smoking. Speaking of which, I have a dream about twice a week where I smoke and I wake up feeling guilty for the first couple hours of the day.

I need sleep meds.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 2 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-17-09 01:48:36 PM)

Quote:

Also, my dreams have been really vivid lately, I blame quitting smoking. Speaking of which, I have a dream about twice a week where I smoke and I wake up feeling guilty for the first couple hours of the day.

I hate dreams sometimes. They can be such cruel assholes, especially when they mess with your morning.

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 3 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-19-09 11:31:22 AM)

I've only had a couple of those type of dreams that I can recall. They always made me really paranoid afterwards.

I got a tooth pulled on monday so I've been on hydrocodone which unfortunately has not given me any cool dreams. Just lots of deep, deep sleep.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 4 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-19-09 07:58:13 PM)

I got tylenol 3 (codeine) when I got my wisdom teeth out and all it did was cure my pain. No fun side effects. Fucking bullshit.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 5 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-20-09 08:44:07 AM)

Last night I dreamt that Amphy accidentally put a video of my penis on youtube.
-Wandering Idiot
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-20-09 11:29:31 AM)

Are you sure it was a dream?
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
D
Administrator

Reply 7 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-20-09 12:04:50 PM)

I think I had like a 20 second dream-between-dreams that sukkit banned me for not being serious enough in SD.

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 8 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-20-09 12:31:49 PM)

Quoted from Amphy:
Are you sure it was a dream?

I suppose there is a blurry overlap between dream and fantasy.
-Wandering Idiot
webturbo
"This body is old but it's all that I got. When 900 you reach, look so good you will not!"

Soundgarden is actually one of my favorite bands ever.

Ballkicks: (+17 / -4)
Reg. Date: Oct 2007
Reply 9 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-30-09 03:49:11 PM)

I dreamed I was awake, woke up and I was asleep!!

big grin
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 10 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-30-09 07:13:59 PM)

Last night I dreamt that my cat got into a fight with a dog and was hurt really bad. But Stevie was a shapeshifter like Odo so I coached him into remembering his form before he got hurt.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 11 of 94 (Originally posted on: 12-30-09 07:37:55 PM)

Was the chicken watching?

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 12 of 94 (Originally posted on: 01-06-10 02:33:45 PM)

Does anyone have any experience keeping a dream journal?
I've been trying, but it's hard writing in the dark off my back. Any tips? Anything I do write becomes almost illegible and on a random page. Turning the light on would wake me up more.
-Wandering Idiot
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 13 of 94 (Originally posted on: 01-06-10 02:54:19 PM)

I always have really vivid dreams. Usually my dreams reflect what I have been thinking about. Sometimes, they do come straight out of left field but that is very rare.

Have you started taking new vitamins or minerals Ztolk? Sometimes shifts in medication or supplements can give you crazy dreams. Melatonin especially.

Quoted from Web MD:
There are no known serious side effects to regulated
melatonin supplementation. Some people may experience vivid dreams or
nightmares.

My Music Blog
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 14 of 94 (Originally posted on: 01-06-10 03:29:01 PM)

No I haven't. I think the dreams where I wake up and then wake up again might be caused by a sleep mask. Like I wake up from a dream, but my eyes don't see anything so I don't wake up for real and go back into a dream, then try getting out of bed while dreaming, etc.
-Wandering Idiot
webturbo
"This body is old but it's all that I got. When 900 you reach, look so good you will not!"

Soundgarden is actually one of my favorite bands ever.

Ballkicks: (+17 / -4)
Reg. Date: Oct 2007
Reply 15 of 94 (Originally posted on: 01-06-10 04:22:05 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Does anyone have any experience keeping a dream journal?
I've been trying, but it's hard writing in the dark off my back. Any tips? Anything I do write becomes almost illegible and on a random page. Turning the light on would wake me up more.

Keeping a dream journal is a lot like going to the gym. As long as you do it every day and keep the momentum going, it's easy. But skip one time and it gets harder and harder to keep it going.
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 16 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-11-10 09:48:23 AM)

Last night I dreamt that several INTLers had become zombies and I had to kill or exorcise them. I think I managed to exorcise one person. Afterwards, INTL's activity was down because I had killed a bunch of people.
-Wandering Idiot
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 17 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-11-10 03:55:15 PM)

JERK
No problem.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 18 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-11-10 05:28:53 PM)

I bet it wasn't me

you fucking DICK!
D
Administrator

Reply 19 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-11-10 07:40:29 PM)

Was there a 3 page debate thread on whether or not a more active part-zombie INTL was better than a low activity, zombie-free INTL? Because I bet there would be IRL.

C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 20 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-12-10 10:22:38 AM)

vis would be complaining about the jewish zombies running things

albannach would be in a relationship with 6 of the zombies.

sunshine would type up 6 pages about what the zombies motivations were.
No problem.
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-13-10 02:50:20 AM)

Is it weird that INTL has no new york (city) ers? Not only that, but I don't think we've ever had any (prominent members).

Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 22 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-14-10 07:51:30 AM)

Last night I dreamt that I bought a Valentine's Day card for my friend/crewmate Seven of Nine, but I ate the card before I could give it to her. Then I had to buy a "I'm Sorry" card to give her for eating her Valentine's Day card.

I think Tyr, Hessian, and Wanderlust were from NY. I'm not sure how I remember this.
D
Administrator

Reply 23 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-14-10 01:19:22 PM)

NYC? I dont remember the others but I dont think Tyr was from NYC

Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 24 of 94 (Originally posted on: 02-14-10 01:25:42 PM)

Tyr was from upstate NY & Hessian was from New England iirc.

Wanderlust was from NYC though.

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6911 | Total Posts: 94 ]