Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > The Fourth Kind > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1087 | Total Posts: 15 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Did you like Fourth Kind?
This poll has no expiration.
Yes Vote in poll to view results
No Vote in poll to view results
Modify Poll
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

(Originally posted on: 11-22-09 07:41:01 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I got dragged to this movie by a few buddies on base and figured, "meh, its 8$, but so what?". I watched it, and afterwards, I was pretty freaked out about it. I mean, holy shit, guys talking Sumerian in a strange accent, home-made videos of people getting their mouths pulled wide open, and people floating about during hypnosis. Even more shocking, it had an air of being real!

I was convinced I would have fucking nightmares from this video!

Then I found out it was all bullshit. The videos they posed as authentic were manufactured and glitzed up. The supposed abnormal amounts of disappearances around Nome are not particularly special compared to the rest of Alaska. Even better, there aren't any substantiated examples in Nome that correspond to the events in the movie. It's all BULLSHIT, but unlike most sci-fi movies that you know are, this one goes out of its way to convince you that it's not. That really ticks me off. Because, in all honesty, the only reason this movie was at all good is rests with the idea that it is real. Past that, it is just another cheesy alien flick with a terrible plot.

All in all, if you hadn't read this post, I would recommend seeing it. But now, fuck no.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-22-09 07:52:17 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I have no idea what the Fourth Kind is. I assume it's some kind of Blair Witch-esque youtube video?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 2 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-22-09 07:59:27 PM)

The Fourth Kind

It's hard to say, really. It is supposedly real amateur video interspersed with acting scenes about alien abductions. Some of it is very compelling when it comes to the amateur video, but against the grain of it all lacking any real bearing in Nome, it loses its most potent aspect.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 3 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-22-09 11:00:25 PM)

So you saw a horror movie and you're pissed it wasn't real?

Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 4 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-22-09 11:47:43 PM)

Why would you think getting probed in the butt from aliens is real?

I'm sure aliens have better things to do then to check out your rectum.

EDIT: But.. Fire in the Sky was a freaky film.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 5 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-23-09 10:59:13 PM)

All of that is true, but it wasn't so much the premise as it was the material that had me going. They had grainy, realistic amateur video with shocking footage of people being turned into noise boxes for some being not of this world. It had an air that it might actually not be just special effect bullshit. The director went to great lengths to make this seem authentic and had me convinced until I looked it up on line.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 6 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-24-09 02:55:27 PM)

You were actually convinced? Didn't you learn your lesson from The Blair Witch Project?

Also it's really, really easy to disappear in Alaska. There's a lot of fucking space.
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 7 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-24-09 06:49:33 PM)

Harry Potter isn't real. This life is fucking bullshit.
ANIME IS FAG
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 8 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-30-09 03:21:33 PM)

Isn't Milla Jovovich (5th Element, Resident Evil, Ultraviolet) in this flick? Did people think she was really being terrorized by aliens? In real life?
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 9 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-30-09 04:48:16 PM)

Quoted from British Agent:
Isn't Milla Jovovich (5th Element, Resident Evil, Ultraviolet) in this flick? Did people think she was really being terrorized by aliens? In real life?

No, it had convincing footage of what looked like the people she was dramatizing in the film.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 10 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-30-09 08:38:14 PM)

Ah. Paranormal Activity was the same sort of deal (like Blair Witch). Pretending to be real, but of course, had a cast, director, crew, etc.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 11 of 15 (Originally posted on: 11-30-09 11:17:50 PM)

This is just some of the shit that they had on it.

Some of the more graphic stuff they left out; one of the real gems was the guy pictured opening his mouth to at least a foot from bottom to top and the woman, Dr. Tyler, going into a argument with the extraterrestrials.

It was a mind-fuck believing this might actually be true. Now it is just annoying to know that they shamelessly promoted it as such with special-effects. I would still recommend seeing it, though.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 12 of 15 (Originally posted on: 12-01-09 10:26:28 AM)

Quote:
It was a mind-fuck believing this might actually be true. Now it is just annoying to know that they shamelessly promoted it as such with special-effects. I would still recommend seeing it, though.

Come on man, you're smarter than that.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 13 of 15 (Originally posted on: 12-01-09 04:38:55 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Quote:

Come on man, you're smarter than that.

I didn't say that I did believe it was true. Instead, it had me intrigued enough to take the time to go through the news reports that debunked it as being mere hype. I figured it was probably a hoax, but I had to see for myself that it was.

And you people call me cynical.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 14 of 15 (Originally posted on: 12-01-09 05:09:22 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwY5o2fsG7Y#t=0m39s

poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 15 of 15 (Originally posted on: 12-02-09 02:18:46 PM)

this is your finest moment, vissario
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1087 | Total Posts: 15 ]