Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > AoM expansion ideas > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1780 | Total Posts: 19 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-17-02 09:01:07 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'd post this at AoMH, but it's really overdone over there.

So what ideas do you have for the AoM expansion?

I thought of two cultures I'd like to see.

Babylonian/Sumerian: Have Marduk, Enlil, someone else as major gods. Could gain favour by sending female villagers to temples for the gods to fuck (they actually did this, but I doubt they'd put it in a game). Could have Gilgamesh, Sargon and others as heros.

Aztecs: Major gods could include Quetzlcoatl and Huitzilapochti. Could gain favour by human sacrifice. That would be really cool to watch.
"If murder was legalised then everyone who is 14 or under would be killed by pedophiles."
-neo222
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-17-02 09:04:10 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I would like to see some Japanese and Native North American. Yeah. I don't know too much about the deities of those, but I know they're polytheistic and Paganist, so that owuld be cool. I would especially like to see some Oni (Japanese midget demons).
This post brought to you by the letters F and U

"You're not really funny" - PR
"ULTIMATE FUCK-UP OF THE WEEK!!" - FA
"it's not too late." - Mr. Pixies
"asschowder." - Mirthalac
"I really, really dislike you." - Dani
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-17-02 09:40:51 PM)

OH!
I know!
Make it 2d. And change the unit limit from whatever the hell it is now to about 5000.

And make it not suck.
Yeah.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 3 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-17-02 10:48:53 PM)

Though I have already stated this at AoMH, I haven't stated it here.

In an expansion pack, I'd like to see either: Moche, Another Meso-American Civ, A Mesopotamian Civ, Japanese, or a Celtic civ. If a civ can not be created, I'd like to see either many new and unique bonuses, or another age added onto the game.i'm a serial-killer :)

That is pretty much it.i'm a serial-killer :)

At the moment, I prefer some ESO changes.i'm a serial-killer :)

Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reply 4 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-18-02 03:57:03 PM)

I don't think I'd like to see another game based on the AoM engine. the first time I booted the game up I thought I had accidentaly loaded up Empire Earth.
No FA, I was very specific, I would let a woman, FUCK ME, IN THE ASS, WITH A, STRAP ON OR DILDO.
Woadie

Communism works in principle, and so do I

Ballkicks: (+52 / -11)
Reply 5 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-18-02 05:07:13 PM)

I am going to smack you.....
As tha polls close like a casket, On truth devoured
A silent play on the shadow of power! A spectacle monopolized!
The camera's eye on choice disguised. Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil? - Rage Against the Machine
FISHMANPET

Reply 6 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-18-02 05:29:12 PM)

3D is shit for RTS. It adds nothing.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 7 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-19-02 06:54:40 PM)

Babylonian, Aztec, and Celtic.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Outspoken, Opinionated, Empassioned and Shameless.
"It's kinda ironic because I'm not a virgin.."-Globethrasher...yes, Globethrasher.
MurphGuitar

Ballkicks: (+33 / -11)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 8 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-20-02 03:26:14 AM)

I just doubt they'll add more than one culture. I hope it's Celtic. They'll add one culture and add a few boring units and god powers to the existing cultures. And I can't believe noone has made a random map yet with like double the typical number of settlements.
Defy me at your peril.

AKA Sir William of Pork
Woadie

Reply 9 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-20-02 03:33:01 PM)

Murph does the pop cap hurt you that much? You no longer need 100 villies to support an economy as a norse I need like 35 vills and 15 dwarves and the rest of my pop is military.
The camera's eye on choice disguised. Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
FISHMANPET

Reply 10 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-20-02 09:56:23 PM)

AOM looks good if you're interested in mythology, otherwise it looks like shit.
SimonW

Ballkicks: (+19 / -17)
Reply 11 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-21-02 07:42:15 PM)

And why is that, FMP?
|SimonW
|Resident Mexican
|"Man's most powerful weapon is faith." Bercilak
|"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda
FISHMANPET

Reply 12 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-21-02 10:18:43 PM)

I just think that 3d doesn't add much to gameplay. Higher unit limits and bigger maps, for grander strategies and less micro management is what's needed. Like Cossacks and American Conquest.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+361 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 13 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-22-02 12:22:27 AM)

So in other words, we should n00bify the game?

I don't care either way about 2D or 3D rendering. I prefer 3D, because it makes everything seem so much more smooth and vibrant. The water is nice, too.

But because the rip I got doesn't include the dialogues, I trashed it and loaded up EE. It's actually fun, for some reason.
So, yay
FISHMANPET

Reply 14 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-22-02 04:32:57 PM)

Cossacks is *not* a n00b game. It's in a lot of ways more complicated than any of ES' games.
MurphGuitar

Ballkicks: (+33 / -11)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 15 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-22-02 05:05:11 PM)

Argh I still haven't tried the American conquest demo!!

Moving on, yes, Woadster, the pop cap annoys me greatly. I like to have huge armies. Just now I played a single player 6v6 game. I need a map that big to get the number of settlements I want. Eventually someone will make a random map script with double or triple the typical number of settlements and this will be solved. I'm disgusted they haven't made it yet. Anyways, in this 6v6, I had a few extra settlements, and my army had 11 frost giants. ELEVEN. You can't have that with your little baby typical pop cap of 160. And bigger armies are more fun.
Defy me at your peril.

AKA Sir William of Pork
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 16 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-23-02 12:12:02 PM)

The max pop is 300, even if you have 50 settlements.
"If murder was legalised then everyone who is 14 or under would be killed by pedophiles."
-neo222
Woadie

Reply 17 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-23-02 02:40:52 PM)

they need to increase the number of houses to 14 so we can get to 200 without having to whip your enemy
KoRnNick

Ballkicks: (+6 / -18)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 18 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-23-02 05:38:26 PM)

What is AOM?
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 19 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-23-02 06:34:04 PM)

Uggy.

http://aom.heavengames.com
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1780 | Total Posts: 19 ]