Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Meals you were thankful for... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 865 | Total Posts: 8 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
(Originally posted on: 07-20-09 07:28:32 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The year was 2006.

I had just decided that for the sake of my own life and existence on the planet, I had to get the fuck out of Murfreesboro. I was eating too many drugs and was on the fast track to death. I woke up one morning with a fire, and decided that was the day I was going to make my escape. In a mad dash I threw all my stuff into my Ford Taurus and left the city.

I arrived in Clarksville with roughly $900 dollars to my name. I paid the security deposit on an apartment and moved in. After paying the deposit and the prorated rent amount, I was left with about 300 bucks. I went ahead and got the power turned on, which dropped me another $150. After that, I went ahead and got internet and a phone, which pretty much bled me dry. Needless to say, by the time I was finished, I was flat broke. I didn't have enough for Taco Bell, let alone groceries.

As far as possessions, I had a computer, my clothes, and a pillow. It was all I gave a fuck about in the entire world. I left some stuff in Murfreesboro, but it was just shit.

Anyway... fast forward a week. I am still looking for a job and freaking out. I haven't eaten in about 3 days and I am starting to feel like shit.

The phone rings!

Me - Hello?
Her - I heard you were back in town from a little bird!
Me - I don't think anyone knows yet... how do you?
Her - Looked that shit up online.

Blah Blah Blah

She eventually asked me if I wanted to go out for drinks. I explained that I hadn't eaten and I was flat broke. She told me not to worry about it and said she would pay for everything.

She took me to Outback Steakhouse. I ordered the Melbourne. After not eating for three days and wondering where my next meal was coming from, t his was a godsend. I devoured the 26 ounces of beef like a rabid dog eating a dead squirrel. She ate a salad and giggled as I tore that shit up.

I've been in some lame spots, but for some reason that steak seemed like a slice of God on a plate. It came from heaven and went directly in my belly.

Have you ever been down and out and just been thankful to be eating?
My Music Blog
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 07:35:31 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

For the past week it's been a steady diet of horribly cooked chow hall meals. The first night's meal was christened fried Alpo and vomit potatoes. Yeah, they've all been on par with that. That or an MRE, which isn't awful, but Jesus they all taste the same and they give you some awful fucking gas.

Anyway, Saturday night we got released on pass. My friend and I managed to acquire a government truck and hit the town looking for a spot to eat. I ended up eating 60 dollars worth of sushi and an entire hibachi meal. I'd never have thought that the best sushi place I would ever eat would be in Iowa, but so far it is. After eating that, it seemed like a cruel joke to come back to fried egg substitute and shoe leather sausage. Seriously, our cooks fucking suck.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 2 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 07:52:16 PM)

Where are you at Chimp? Leonard Wood?
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 3 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 07:58:35 PM)

This last semester I was beyond broke and eating approximately a pack of ramen noodles every two days. I got sickly skinny. Needless to say once I started eating again I put it back really really fast.

But I'd get at least one square meal a week because I'd go to my roommate's parents house for Sunday dinners. Other than that I'd keep an eye out for any free food on campus. Healthy times.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 4 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 08:12:09 PM)

Quoted from Stoffel:
Where are you at Chimp? Leonard Wood?

Nah, I'm at Camp Dodge, IA right now.

I'm at Leonard Wood every other week though.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 5 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 09:49:26 PM)

I tend not to say anything about my birthday. Not that I have anything against it, I just find that there's a weird pressure and obligation about knowing someone's birthday so I avoid mentioning it in general.

My roommates (and also our upstairs friends/neighbours) found out when it was when they looked at my driver's license a couple of days beforehand. They surprised me with a spaghetti dinner and a cake. I really appreciated that they went out of their way for me. It was a very nice and very thoughtful gesture for something not at all necessary.
how is this for a quote
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 6 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 10:22:32 PM)

After three days of showering with hand soap in a Sydney Hostile, and taking a 14 hour flight back to LA, I spent some time wandering around LAX looking for real food. I happened to wander into the restaurant in the tower, Encounter.

So I walk in, and I realize that I'm surrounded by people in suites and business apparel, some of whom are giving me sideways glances. I'm wearing shorts and a ratty t-shirt with a back pack and smell like ass. I have that moment of "should I go back down the elevator?" instead, I walk up to the maître d’ and ask for a table for one, she gives me a weird look and seats me. The waitress then comes over and gives me the menu and is actually very pleasant. So I order, a 18 Dollar Angus Hamburger and a coke, took my time eating it and left a 20 dollar tip, which pretty much tapped all of the money I had left from my trip. Then I just walked out with a shit eating grin on my face.

Something about that moment was defining for me, that moment of "fuck you all" and trying to return the favor of some who showed me unexpected kindness to me.

Maybe that sounds like bullshit, but at the time it felt.....good
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-21-09 03:40:04 PM)

December 29th, 2006.

16 months in prison. 16 months of the same shitty food day in and day out. Finally I'm released on the 29th. After the long drive home my mother and I stop at the store and buy up some foodstuffs for my first big meal. 18oz ribeye, baked beans, saffron rice (a favorite of mine), and some of my favorite cheesey kaiser rolls from a local bakery. I get home, shovel off the deck and the barbeque, and grill up that monster. The steak was beautiful. Huge, deliciously marbled, and bright bright red. Looked like it came off the cow just days prior.

I ate that entire steak (each bite was like an orgasm), a huge can of Bush's baked beans, at least 8oz of that saffron rice and two big cheesey kaiser rolls. Not to mention two bottles of Guinness. Heaven. Thinking of that meal today reminds me of something comedian Louis C.K. said: "The meal isn't over when I'm full. The meal is over when I hate myself."

Fuck I'm hungry now.
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
misterscumbag
stick my jimmy in ya mouf roof
guy's name is like misters cumbag hahaomanlol funnyGUy

Ballkicks: (+7 / -5)
Reg. Date: Jul 2009
Reply 8 of 8 (Originally posted on: 07-21-09 04:09:40 PM)

i have 2 the first was in winter of 04, i got dump by my girl of 5 years, the next day i started a new job and had orientaion for probation, i started living in my jeep, while waiting for my move in date on a shitty apartment. all my money went to the deposit and rent. i would park at work after hanging with friends when i could. depressed so i couldnt eat if i had money for food. after a couple of weeks of bouncing around from friends couches and the back of my freezing jeep i got a pay check, met a cool girl, got my appetite back. went to a japanese steak house. spicy tuna sushi and beef fried rice never tasted so good after living off of vitamins, soda, water and romen noodles.

the other is after a month in county for probation violations (same probation for previous story), i came home and drank a roomates natural light beer, and had some nice left over pizza.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 865 | Total Posts: 8 ]