Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Fuck you, McDonald's > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2563 | Total Posts: 25 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-14-09 11:34:34 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So last night I was out and about and waiting for the bus. It was gonna be about twenty minutes and I was thirsty. The McD's across the street had a sign advertising their summer deal where you got a large coke for a buck so I crossed over and bought me one. I handed the guy a 20 and he handed me back a sheaf of bills that appeared to be a ten, a five and four ones (I only saw the five and four ones at the time). Since the guy was a manager I didn't bother to actually check my change (big mistake) and instead just stuck the money in my wallet. After that I catch the bus (using change out of my coat, never taking my wallet out) and head home.

This morning, however, I pick up my wallet as I'm getting ready to leave for an appointment and there's only nine dollars in my wallet. A five and four ones. Now I'm 100% positive I never took my wallet out of my pocket until I got home last night and there's no way a ten dollar bill could've fallen out or been lost somehow. The cash went into my wallet, wallet into my pocket, wallet out of pocket and onto table. So after my appointment I head over to the McDonald's to see the manager. It goes like this:

Me: Yeah, I was here last night and I bought a large drink for a buck with a twenty dollar bill and when I checked my wallet this morning I only had nine dollars in it so I'm pretty sure I was shorted ten bucks by this guy Ian last night. I put the change right into my wallet and never took it out until I got home so it's not like I dropped it between here and there.
Manager Lady: Ok, well let me go check our cash and see if they were over. If not there's nothing I can do.
Me: Alright..
[I see the manager lady go back into the office and talk to another manager (probably the boss) and read her lips a few times "says hes missing ten dollars" "short-changed" "Ian" blahblahblah. She does something on the computer for a moment and comes back to me.]
Manager Lady: Well our cash wasn't over, so I'm sorry there's-
Me: You didn't even ask me what register I ordered at, so did you just check the safe report from last night or something?
Manager Lady: *surprised*
Me: Look, I work fast food. I know that if another till was short which happens pretty often on drive-thru that when you combined them into the safe the overage would make up for any shortages and the missing ten dollars would disappear.
Manager Lady: Well, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do.
Me: You could check the register's individual cash report.
Manager Lady: I'm sorry, my boss said if the safe wasn't over there's nothing I can do.
Me: Well that's great. Thanks anyways.

This is utter bullshit. I've dealt with customers reporting missing change before and that's not how you handle it. You always go by the individual till's cash report and not the end of the night safe report. So in essence I paid eleven dollars for a fucking large coke. Fuck.

tl;dr I went to McDonald's and didn't check my change and got fucked out of ten bucks.
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 12:32:28 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Ok, you work in fast food and know how the counts work. Once, I dropped 10 bux in the road. Later, I went back and yelled at the road but it just kicked dust in my eyes. After that, I went on home.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 2 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 10:11:35 AM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
Ok, you work in fast food and know how the counts work. Once, I dropped 10 bux in the road. Later, I went back and yelled at the road but it just kicked dust in my eyes. After that, I went on home.

You should've called the police to report that the road had mugged you.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 3 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 11:04:23 AM)

I'm kind of shocked that you expected them to give you money just because you said they should.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 4 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 02:25:11 PM)

I'm kind of shocked that you think he wanted them to give him money because he said they should, instead of realizing that his point was that they didn't check the individual cash register report, which would have very easily shown either a surplus or balance, resolving this conflict.

I'm fairly sure that had they checked the individual cash register report and it had balanced out, FA would have begrudgingly accepted it and moved on, justifiably a bit annoyed, whether at them or himself. Otherwise, had there been a surplus, the conflict would have been resolved then and there.

You people are seriously lacking at comprehension skills.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 5 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 03:33:08 PM)

Quote:
and that's not how you handle it

That's how they handle it, though. Tough luck, but there really isn't anything you can do and the manager's hands were tied.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 6 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 03:51:10 PM)

I think we need to decide, as a forum, to stop buying stuff at McDonalds. I feel like I'm reading a thread a week from you guys bitching about this stuff.
It is company policy not to release this information.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 7 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 04:08:59 PM)

This thread is making me hungry for a mcchicken
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 8 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-16-09 07:49:55 PM)

i'm lovin it
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 9 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-17-09 10:47:36 AM)

vissario 2.0
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 10 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-17-09 01:30:11 PM)

McDonald's can get away with shitty customer service because every fatass in America visits them at least 4 times a week.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 11 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-17-09 02:59:16 PM)

Quoted from Obi Wan Kenobi:
I think we need to decide, as a forum, to stop buying stuff at McDonalds. I feel like I'm reading a thread a week from you guys bitching about this stuff.

I would but the McKinley Mac is so fuckin' good.

jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 12 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-19-09 01:27:39 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
I'm kind of shocked that you think he wanted them to give him money because he said they should, instead of realizing that his point was that they didn't check the individual cash register report, which would have very easily shown either a surplus or balance, resolving this conflict.

I'm fairly sure that had they checked the individual cash register report and it had balanced out, FA would have begrudgingly accepted it and moved on, justifiably a bit annoyed, whether at them or himself. Otherwise, had there been a surplus, the conflict would have been resolved then and there.

You people are seriously lacking at comprehension skills.

So you're saying that the same people who constantly fuck up orders and give incorrect change at the drive-through have tills that are 100% accurate every night? If they're not, shouldn't the drawers be off every night? I would imagine that there is a discrepancy at least 4 times a week, so are they just supposed to offer that to the first person that shows up and says "hey, I didn't get the right change lolol". If you run back within half an hour to the same person, fine. If you show up the next day, I'd say you're pretty much fucked, and you're wasting time. If their cash balanced the night before (as she said it did) why does it matter which register was off or on, or which one they borrowed from to balance the other? Why should the company take the loss (which they would if their cash balanced) just because someone says they got shortchanged? How does FA know that he didn't just drop the bill on the way home?
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 13 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 11:06:35 AM)

Quote:
I would imagine that there is a discrepancy at least 4 times a week, so are they just supposed to offer that to the first person that shows up and says "hey, I didn't get the right change lolol".

You would have to mention your order specifically, obviously.

Quote:
Why should the company take the loss (which they would if their cash balanced) just because someone says they got shortchanged?

Because they fucked up?

Quote:
How does FA know that he didn't just drop the bill on the way home?

I stuck the money in my wallet in the store, put my wallet in my pants, took the wallet out when I got home and laid it on the table, then picked my wallet up the next morning. Where exactly am I going to drop a ten dollar bill in that timeline?

Again your reading comprehension sucks ass.

Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 14 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 03:32:10 PM)

It's no loss to the company if there was an accidental $10 overage on Register X between a specific time and, then, the next day, a customer comes back to asks them to check the report for Register X at a specific time for a $10 overage. The fact that the overall daily report came back balanced doesn't prove anything, for either party. Only the individual register report for that period of time can actually "prove" whether someone was shortchanged or not. Yet, despite that, they were unwilling to verify that report, thus the whole issue here. Again, had they done that, this conflict would be resolved.

If a customer comes in and claims to have been shortchanged a specific amount of money at a specific time at a specific register from a specific cashier and, then, the manager checks their records from the previous day (which requires the arduous task of opening an Excel spreadsheet) to find the claimed overage, it's pretty safe to say that the customer is well within their rights to reasonably demand their money back. It's not like he came in saying, "yo i was shortchanged $10 yesterday, give it back" and was expecting them to say, "i trust you, sir, here you go, $10, have a nice day!"
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 15 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 04:39:08 PM)

Uh guys even if the till were off by 10 bucks, it wouldn't mean that FA was necessarily shortchanged, it just means that someone was.

this is 100% FA's fault for not counting his money, I wouldn't have taken him seriously either

edit: also one time at In-N-Out I gave the dude a 10 and he thought I had given him a 20 and gave me extra change, you better believe I didn't correct his mistake.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 16 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-20-09 11:50:48 PM)

The probability is pretty high that a customer's claim is legit if time, register, amount, and cashier line up with the records of the restaurant.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 17 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-09 06:48:17 AM)

What if the guy working then just took the extra ten?

The bottom line is count your change and if your to rushed to do that pay with a card.

Theres no way FA can 100% prove he didn't misplace the money anywhere else. All we have is a missing 10$ bill. Pout all he may he's the only one to blame for it missing.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 18 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-09 09:43:19 AM)

Bank error not in your favor
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 19 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-09 04:25:44 PM)

Quoted from Greedo:
What if the guy working then just took the extra ten?

The bottom line is count your change and if your to rushed to do that pay with a card.

Theres no way FA can 100% prove he didn't misplace the money anywhere else. All we have is a missing 10$ bill. Pout all he may he's the only one to blame for it missing.

I know for a fact I didn't misplace the money. Unless my wallet contains a portal to some sort of pocket universe, the money never made it to my wallet. But it's still my fault for not checking the money. Also the cashier's fault, but I should've checked the change.

Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 20 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-09 04:29:36 PM)

This is why it is good practice for the cashier to leave the money on the counter and then count out the change in front of the customer. That way there is no mistaking how much the customer gave and how much change was returned. I always do this when working the register.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 21 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-23-09 02:17:35 AM)

You could just stand at a busy street corner with an acoustic guitar for 30 minutes and someone will probably throw you at least a $20 bill. Not a huge loss.
‹just dandy› but. again. funnel aspect. I don't want anything put in there unawares. I'm no Richard Gere.
‹Purple› If it was Sunny doing it, s/he'd be pretty rough
‹just dandy› ouch. I just involuntarily clenched.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 22 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-23-09 09:34:58 AM)

I had McDonald's food (not ice cream) for the first time in 9 years yesterday.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 23 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-23-09 04:07:19 PM)

Quoted from Lord Helmet:
You could just stand at a busy street corner with an acoustic guitar for 30 minutes and someone will probably throw you at least a $20 bill. Not a huge loss.

If I had a guitar and could play I might do this.

Quoted from Princess Vespa:
I had McDonald's food (not ice cream) for the first time in 9 years yesterday.

What did you get?
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 24 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-23-09 07:09:30 PM)

I wanted to try something new, so I got a Teriyaki Quarter Pounder.

Quoted from Dr. House:
Quoted from Lord Helmet:

If I had a guitar and could play I might do this.

I've done that in Banff. You can make a ton of money, just make sure to get a good singer and be open for requests.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2563 | Total Posts: 25 ]