Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I'm five miles from a serial killer > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2295 | Total Posts: 27 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
(Originally posted on: 07-04-09 06:21:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

We all know I live in the middle of fucking nowhere. This has some advantages--people don't bother you as much, there's lots of land, and there's a relatively low crime rate.

UNTIL NOW LOL.

The past few days have been rather harrowing in neighbouring Cherokee County (I live about 1/4 mile from the county line), where a serial killer's fifth victim died today from her injuries. Cherokee County isn't highly populated, though there's a large town called Gaffney where we eat dinner sometimes and get our feed. The first person killed, Kline Cash, was a farmer who lived right near our feed store.
Quoted from the article:
Despite dozens of local, state and federal investigators assigned to this case the killer struck again, killing 48-year-old Stephen Tyler and his daughter less then a half a mile away from the sheriff's office which is serving as the headquarters for the investigation.

People are running out and buying rifles and other hunting guns to arm themselves. The serial killer's MO seems to be knocking on the doors of houses and killing the people who let him in. It's really scary--last night I saw lights come down the street and FREAKED out, but fortunately it was just the newspaper guy. The killer is supposedly targeting women, though two of the five victims have been male.

What the hell. I mean, living in Atlantic City certainly came with its own set of problems, but never a serial killer. And this isn't the first time Cherokee County's been targeted--the Gaffney Strangler wreaked havoc 40 years ago.

But on the bright side, we beat Michael Jackson on the national news tonight--second story vs. his fifth coal

Anyone dealt with anything like this before? Suggestions beside the obvious lock the doors/windows and sleep with a gun under my pillow?
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 1 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-04-09 06:25:03 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

There was one in the Kansas City area (I believed I lived there then) that road the railroads around random spots to kill. The railroad is a block behind my mom's house. So we were a bit nervous.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 2 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-04-09 10:26:13 PM)

Was the woman who survived (albeit shortly) able to give any sort of detail as to how the killer looked? If so keep a phone with you at all times and let the police know if you see the guy. I'm going to guess he doesn't kill during the day and maybe even uses a gun with a silencer, probably a pistol.

If it's a small town you probably are familiar with the faces. You can probably also note what everyone usually wears. If this is someone from another area they should stick out. Check hair styles. If it's someone from the area you may just be out of luck on that bit.

I don't think having a gun with you would help the situation unless you knew how to use one really well and you're actually willing to kill someone within split seconds. That kind of decision making you can't purchase at a gun shop.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 3 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-05-09 12:22:57 AM)

Silencers are legal in most places now assuming you pass a sttict-ish background check and pay an ATF fee of $200. Fucking retarded.

Just be precautious. Paranoia leads to buying a lot of cameras.
Too lazy to reply properly.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 4 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-05-09 03:20:34 AM)

Quote:
The killer is supposedly targeting women, though two of the five victims have been male.

Huh?

This is terrible, he might have killed up to 17% of the local population already.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 5 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-05-09 09:45:05 AM)

Quoted from Jiffy:
Quoted from the article:
Despite dozens of local, state and federal investigators assigned to this case the killer struck again, killing 48-year-old Stephen Tyler and his daughter less then a half a mile away from the sheriff's office which is serving as the headquarters for the investigation.

What will come of Aerosmith now?

Seriously, that sucks though. I imagine that the paranoia this is causing in your area is likely to cause people to kill innocent people in a moment of confusion and haste. If he were smart, he'd quit while he is ahead and let the train of paranoia gain full momentum. But he's probably just a psychopath, in which case, I'm sure he'll continue until he's caught.

The only thing remotely close to this happening was back when I was about seven years old, there was an escaped convict and murderer and he was speculated to be evading authorities around where I lived at the time. My mother was scared, then one day, we came home and our house had been broken into. She called the police, they came over, checked the place out, took prints, etc. A little while later, the guy was caught and a report came back that his prints were found in our house, though nothing was stolen. Was pretty unsettling.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 6 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-05-09 02:26:52 PM)

Quoted from Aaron:
Was the woman who survived (albeit shortly) able to give any sort of detail as to how the killer looked? If so keep a phone with you at all times and let the police know if you see the guy. I'm going to guess he doesn't kill during the day and maybe even uses a gun with a silencer, probably a pistol.

I don't believe she was able to herself, but apparently witnesses were able to update the police sketch of him and better ID the vehicle the killer is suspected of using.
Quoted from szaukjkjit:
Quote:
The killer is supposedly targeting women, though two of the five victims have been male.

Huh?

The first person he killed was a man, but the next two were female. They think that when he shot the next two (a father and daughter) he was planning to just kill the girl & didn't know his father was there--he was in the back of the building--but when the killer found out he was there, he shot the man as well.
Quoted from Sandamnit:
What will come of Aerosmith now?

Benefit concert!
Quote:
Seriously, that sucks though. I imagine that the paranoia this is causing in your area is likely to cause people to kill innocent people in a moment of confusion and haste. If he were smart, he'd quit while he is ahead and let the train of paranoia gain full momentum. But he's probably just a psychopath, in which case, I'm sure he'll continue until he's caught.

People are really, really scared. Our neighbours leave their outdoor radio on all night as a precaution, and we've started closing our front gates. It's gotten to the point that Cherokee County police are setting up check points on 110 and 11 (the main roads in the county) to search for this guy & notify people who may have been away. It's been a few days since the killer has struck, and it's certainly making people more nervous because no one knows if the buck stops here or if the killer will return. Which is probably his plan, to scare the shit out of people. It's certainly working.
Quote:
My mother was scared, then one day, we came home and our house had been broken into. She called the police, they came over, checked the place out, took prints, etc. A little while later, the guy was caught and a report came back that his prints were found in our house, though nothing was stolen. Was pretty unsettling.

That's prety terrifying. The worst thing that happened to us in Atlantic City (aside from shootings/bar fights on our block, etc.) was that someone broke into our house in the time that we were at the store and our basement tenant was walking his dog. Like, obviously someone was watching to see when we'd all be gone. Fortunately whoever broke in was not slick enough to take anything of major value (my mom's costume jewelry, my & my dad's cameras--mine was a shitty viewfinder but my dad's was an SLR), but the person was never caught. My parents had ADT out the next day.

D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-05-09 08:20:54 PM)

Quote:
Which is probably his plan, to scare the shit out of people.

I doubt it. I'm assuming this guy isn't a Joker-esque criminal, just your run of the mill psychopathic serial killer.

When we lived in Philly, our house got robbed once. I was young but I think they only took money.
misterscumbag
stick my jimmy in ya mouf roof
guy's name is like misters cumbag hahaomanlol funnyGUy

Ballkicks: (+7 / -5)
Reg. Date: Jul 2009
Reply 8 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-06-09 06:57:58 AM)

shifty sociopaths! i would keep a shotgun handy for this richard ramirez wannabe prick.
i like rusty spoons
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 9 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-06-09 05:28:52 PM)

I'd imagine the reason they don't actually take valuables (aside from money) is because to get any use out of them they'd have to hawk them at a pawn shop. If you've just killed a bunch of women I doubt the places you want to show up are there, as most of the one's I've been to are run by retired cops/armed forces and usually carry.

I mentioned the silencer because it seems a little stupid to just go to someone's house and shoot them. Unless he knew the person and it was personal. I don't know too much about the situation so I can't say either way.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 10 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-06-09 05:56:26 PM)

I heard on the radio that he was caught/shot dead while attempting to burglarize. confirm/deny?
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
misterscumbag
stick my jimmy in ya mouf roof
guy's name is like misters cumbag hahaomanlol funnyGUy

Ballkicks: (+7 / -5)
Reg. Date: Jul 2009
Reply 11 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-06-09 07:06:55 PM)

i just read this,
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090707/ap_on_re_us/us_sc_killing_spree
i like rusty spoons
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 12 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-06-09 07:14:56 PM)

Confirm. I'm seriously glad this is over, but disappointed that we might never know why he did it and the victims' families will never get an apology from the bastard.

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 13 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-07-09 01:50:08 PM)

Quoted from Jiffy:
Confirm. I'm seriously glad this is over, but disappointed that we might never know why he did it and the victims' families will never get an apology from the bastard.

Yeah I don't think "i'm sry" would really help.

I'm sure they're much more at ease with the fact that he's dead. So what was this guy's issue? Son of Sam type random killer? I didn't notice any pattern in the shootings.
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
D
Administrator

Reply 14 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-07-09 01:59:34 PM)

I read the spunkers article but I'm still pretty confused what happened. Have you heard a better explanation?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 15 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-07-09 07:35:28 PM)

Quote:
Yeah I don't think "i'm sry" would really help.

I'm sure they're much more at ease with the fact that he's dead.

Yeah, though if it had been my family I would've loved to see him with a needle in his arm for what he did.
Quote:
So what was this guy's issue? Son of Sam type random killer? I didn't notice any pattern in the shootings.

&
Quote:
I read the spunkers article but I'm still pretty confused what happened. Have you heard a better explanation?

Well, they're still not really sure why he did it--apparently he picked his victims at random and as we all know, he has quite the criminal history (25 page record spanning every state in the east coast from Maryland to Florida) so it isn't like he just decided one day to do something bad. Last I heard the police hadn't announced his last known address, but the people who were with him before/during the burglary attempt said they had no idea he was the killer based on his behaviour and he was making jokes about it. Hopefully more info will be unearthed in the coming days/weeks.

D
Administrator

Reply 16 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-07-09 09:11:46 PM)

I meant I didn't really understand the explanation of what happened the night he was killed. The story was really confusing for me.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 17 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-07-09 09:20:28 PM)

I know there's more to this story, but the most frightening headline I've ever read is "Police believe man they shot and killed was serial killer"
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 18 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-08-09 07:56:35 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
I meant I didn't really understand the explanation of what happened the night he was killed. The story was really confusing for me.

Ohhhhhhhhh. Okay, let me try to explain.

The neighbours of this abandoned house in Gastonia saw three people get out of a silver Ford Explorer, and two of the people were the owners of the place, but the third was a man who was staggering around and shouting. They thought it was suspicious, so they called the police to come investigate.The police came and the man (mr. serial killer) took the other two people hostage, and began shooting at the police. He shot one in the foot. Police shot back, and killed the man, who they later found out looked similar to the sketch of the serial killer, and had the same auto as the serial killer...and then totally was the serial killer.

That's essentially what happened.
Quoted from Muzta:
I know there's more to this story, but the most frightening headline I've ever read is "Police believe man they shot and killed was serial killer"

Ha, I never came across that headline. The Cherokee County sheriff almost immediately came out and said that he was the guy, because ballistics were a perfect match.

D
Administrator

Reply 19 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-08-09 08:24:55 PM)

Quote:
The neighbours of this abandoned house in Gastonia saw three people get out of a silver Ford Explorer, and two of the people were the owners of the place, but the third was a man who was staggering around and shouting. They thought it was suspicious, so they called the police to come investigate.The police came and the man (mr. serial killer) took the other two people hostage, and began shooting at the police. He shot one in the foot. Police shot back, and killed the man, who they later found out looked similar to the sketch of the serial killer, and had the same auto as the serial killer...and then totally was the serial killer.

Did the killer know/come with these two people, or did he just follow them in randomly?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 20 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-08-09 08:30:34 PM)

According to what the police disclosed, the people were partying with him the night before and all day, and they had no idea who he was before that. I guess they met at a bar somewhere or something.

D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-08-09 08:42:36 PM)

That's going to be an amazing story for them
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 22 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-08-09 08:49:22 PM)

Seriously, not many people get to brag about chillin with a serial killer

Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 23 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-08-09 09:05:33 PM)

Quoted from Jiffy:
line. The Cherokee County sheriff almost immediately came out and said that he was the guy, because ballistics were a perfect match.

Yeah, it was kind of hilarious

Headline: Investigators now believe that that man shot and killed by police may have been serial killer

Muzta (to himself):...why did they shoot him again?
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
D
Administrator

Reply 24 of 27 (Originally posted on: 07-08-09 09:13:45 PM)

Quoted from Jiffy:
Seriously, not many people get to brag about chillin with a serial killer

Not to be insensitive... but are you kidding?? Thats the story of a lifetime!
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2295 | Total Posts: 27 ]