Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > My parents have emptied my room and littered it with Jesus. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2498 | Total Posts: 32 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
(Originally posted on: 06-15-09 04:29:35 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This was about a week ago. Not a word was said about it. Still no idea where my stuff is.

Also, Jesus is ALL OVER MY ROOM now. How subtle of them.

The very last Jesus picture shown is of me casually chatting with Jesus at age 11.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 05:06:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'd say it's about time to move out then.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 05:26:32 PM)

God that is so creepy.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 3 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 05:54:34 PM)

They MIGHT be trying to tell you something.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 4 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 05:58:36 PM)

I don't know, honestly. I mean, if they are, they're just being so damn subtle about it.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 5 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 06:05:09 PM)

Look how ruggedly manly Jesus is in that one framed picture with all the children. Oh my! Are we sure that's not a picture of Hugh Jackman?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 6 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 06:30:35 PM)

Jesus did host the Academy Awards that one time...

Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 7 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 06:58:07 PM)

You should bring it up giving the impression that you believe that Jesus himself in his infinite narcissism placed those pictures in your house.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-16-09 02:35:19 AM)

you should tell them that if jesus did exist, he was brown, not white
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 9 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-16-09 02:50:21 AM)

When I was younger I visited a convent and that's what their bedrooms looked like. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
if you have time to read my sig you have time to post in my forum
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 10 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-16-09 04:51:48 AM)

Quoted from Zippo:
When I was younger I visited a convent and that's what their bedrooms looked like. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
are you still a jesus lady teaching sunday school
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 11 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-16-09 02:00:35 PM)

Hell no.
if you have time to read my sig you have time to post in my forum
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 12 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-16-09 06:24:30 PM)

Maybe if you didn't have such loose morals your parents wouldn't have to do that!
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 13 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-16-09 08:49:11 PM)

I used to consider it so annoying that my parents would make me go to church and tried to shove religion down my throat. As I matured, I realized what a compliment it was that they cared enough about my well-being to do these things. I know that it's hard to look past the injustice of the whole thing right now, but it's only objects. Yes, they invaded your space and hid your possessions, but your parents are obviously worried about you and are pulling out all the stops in order to make sure that you are OK by their standards.

You may not agree with them, but they're saying that they love you in their own weird way. It sounds like you're handling it well, at least. You could try to tell them that you don't believe in Jesus (I don't know if you do or not) and ask them to respect your space, but I don't know that it will do anything but promote more confrontation.

My fiancee works with at-risk teens, and a lot of them don't have parents that give a shit what they do, legal or not. It may not feel like it, but you're lucky.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 14 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-16-09 09:43:34 PM)

Yeah, I have my problems with my parents, but I know I'm lucky and I love them. They're just batshit crazy.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 15 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-19-09 06:52:40 AM)

Jesus was definitely going in for a smooch with that little girl.

My parents don't hesitate to change a room as soon as somebody moves out. My sister's room was changed into a really nice guest room, my room was turned into a games/computer/storage room, and my brother has been shifted down to the basement for his room to be turned into a television room.

I currently sleep in the guest room, but I'm not allowed to keep anything that is mine in there, in case we suddenly have guests, in which case I will sleep on the couch or on the floor of the basement, depending on the guest.

My mom tells me every couple of weeks how she can't wait for me to move out so she can decorate a new room how she wants.

Anyway, that's only tangentially related. Basically jimmy has it right, even if it is a little weird to surround you with images of Jesus. If you absolutely have to bring it up (which will spark confrontation in horrible ways regardless), you could also play the "Jesus wants me to be who I am" angle. This comes from when I was cleaning out some closets earlier this spring, and found some old religion homework. "Jesus' bottom line to you is keep your eye on the prize and your soul on the goal" which is from the book of Fridge Magnets 1:4 or something and other stuff like that.

But I'm confused - where did all this come from? Why did they empty your room? Did I miss a thread?
how is this for a quote
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 16 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 12:44:58 PM)

That is a great way to fuck with your children. I'm taking notes.
It is company policy not to release this information.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 17 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 02:34:13 PM)

This thread is really, really sad.

I hope you grew the stones to confront your parents about this, because if you didn't, you can fully expect this kind of treatment to continue. By remaining passive, you only reinforced their position, which, unfortunately for you, is on the side of God and Jesus, therefore righteous and just.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 18 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 03:02:04 PM)

Quote:
I hope you grew the stones to confront your parents about this, because if you didn't, you can fully expect this kind of treatment to continue

until she moves out

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 19 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 03:09:39 PM)

Unless she plans to cut off ties completely, not even moving out will help. Think of the kind of shenanigans they could pull for her wedding.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
jimmy

Reply 20 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 03:27:42 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
This thread is really, really sad.

I hope you grew the stones to confront your parents about this, because if you didn't, you can fully expect this kind of treatment to continue. By remaining passive, you only reinforced their position, which, unfortunately for you, is on the side of God and Jesus, therefore righteous and just.

Why is this not a valid viewpoint for her parents? Why should they not be able to influence the way in which their child grows up? It's annoying that anything having to do with religion is automatically scorned by some board members, simply because they don't believe. Oddly enough, these are the ones whose names will likely show up the most when you search for the word "tolerance" on the site. Your stereotyping of all religious people is just as bad as the racism/sexism/homophobia that you fly the equality banner against every day.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 21 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 03:32:33 PM)

You don't think this is a little heavyhanded jimmy?
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 22 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 04:40:44 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
Why is this not a valid viewpoint for her parents? Why should they not be able to influence the way in which their child grows up? It's annoying that anything having to do with religion is automatically scorned by some board members, simply because they don't believe. Oddly enough, these are the ones whose names will likely show up the most when you search for the word "tolerance" on the site. Your stereotyping of all religious people is just as bad as the racism/sexism/homophobia that you fly the equality banner against every day.
It depends on how you define the act of influencing someone. I'm all for influencing people. I am always trying to influence people to watch movies I like and listen to music I like and read books I like. However, I do not litter my friends' rooms with pictures of Dostoevsky and Evil Dead posters as a means of trying to influence them into liking the things I like. I also do not force someone to endure things that I like, if they do not voluntarily submit to giving it a chance. That's where I draw the line.

Influence your children to accept Jesus all you like, but do not put them in a position where they are essentially forced to accept it by threat of eviction or being disowned. That's just fucked up.

I gather that JD didn't want Jesus paraphernalia littering her room and her possessions hidden. Yet her parents decided to exploit their power over her as a means of thrusting religion upon her, forcibly. Why should I tolerate this kind of action? And don't tell me that it's their house, therefore their rules, because that's bullshit.
jimmy

Reply 23 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 07:54:58 PM)

I absolutely believe that it's heavy handed and misguided, but you're making her parents out to be bad people, which is a theory I don't subscribe to. You may see religious zealots smothering a potential convert, but what I see are two parents who are obviously VERY concerned about their child and feel like they have to resort to extreme measures. I can sympathize with that, because it's what my parents have had to go through with almost all of their children (my sister being the exception).

It's hard on my dad, knowing that organized religion just isn't for us, and they tried their hardest. I can only imagine what it's like to believe that your own children are going to hell.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 24 of 32 (Originally posted on: 06-22-09 08:19:48 PM)

Quote:
And don't tell me that it's their house, therefore their rules, because that's bullshit.

How is that bullshit? I mean...they do own the place. Unless jd's paying rent (which I don't think she is but I could be wrong), it's their property and they can do with it what they wish.

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2498 | Total Posts: 32 ]