Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > So How's Your Summer Going? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3098 | Total Posts: 54 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 06-13-09 10:37:57 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Is it turning out to be all work? Unemployed bored bliss? Taking summer courses? Go anywhere, do anything?

Mine is absolute shit. Incredibly boring. Hopeless job hunt. Friends are preoccupied, and there's a perpetual mess growing around me. And I'm getting increasingly depressed...

What about you?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-13-09 10:41:46 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I got a job. I'm taking a trip (with my own money for the first time ever!) at the end of July. Otherwise I have zero plans to do anything with my life. It's just swell.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 2 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-13-09 11:02:09 PM)

Busy with working. I'm working on research that I hope to have finished by the end of summer, so that takes a lot of time. But it's good. It's a good learning experience, I need it to get into grad school, plus I get paid. Additionally I teach/tutor intro physics, so that takes an additional 10ish hours a week. My girlfriend isn't in town for the first half of the summer, so many of my days without work I go visit her or she visits me. Certainly not a summer with a lot of down time.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 3 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-13-09 11:09:18 PM)

Taking a summer course, working on two research projects (one of which will probably lead to something being published), been reading a lot, catching up on movies, spending time with friends occasionally, and learning how to play piano/keyboard. Summer is going good so far.
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 4 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-13-09 11:15:46 PM)

I'm by now stuck on a dead end job as a general practitioner doing outpatient consult and minor surgery, which, brought to more familiar terms, means I'm everyone's bitch, and as underpaid as any other colombian GP. To get any other more interesting job, like at an ER or a hospital, I must get the AHA ACLS certification, which we don't get by default at medschool, and it costs 500 bucks, which I cannot afford these days due the the amount of debt I must take care of.
Surrounded by this scenario, Im supposed to be studying for my US board certification, which I'm not doing as hard as I should.
Well, that is what I have been doing for Spring and now Summer.
Despair came knocking at my door
and I let her in.
For a while.
lizardbreath

WARNING: Using acid (LSD) during pregnancy will result in mental giants such as myself!

Ballkicks: (+146 / -15)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 5 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 03:39:15 AM)

I'm working full time at the shittiest job ever. I work in a building where there's no windows at all, and everyone acts like it's high school. The pay sucks and they keep fucking around on me- they changed my shift, days off, and my pay will be lower soon.

I bought a car though, so I'm happy. I feel kind of trapped though, I hate having something tying me down here so I can't go travel whenever I want. Oh well, it's nice to have.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 6 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 07:02:09 AM)

I started graduate school. Looking for a new job (still). Got married.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 7 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 07:30:10 AM)

Finally went back to school, but in another state. Am now very close to getting my associates and transferring to a four year school. At the moment I'm going for broadcasting and wanting to get a job in television, hopefully somewhere in New York or California (or even my home state NC.) If I end up not going for broadcasting then I'll be a freelance writer.

I was definitely not ready for 7 week courses. I feel incredibly stupid. I actually had to drop Spanish 2 because I wasn't retaining things fast enough. And why does math always gay itself up with algebra? Trig was just fine and then it had to go and mention the quadratic formula. Which I'm suppose to just know this stuff. It doesn't even make sense that I need to know this for television. But hey it's an interesting subject and I like applying things to graphs. I just don't care to prove identities.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 8 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 09:19:25 AM)

Been working during the day, play soccer on weekends, and occasionally go out with friends. Nothing too exciting. My dad wanted to go to Iceland with me but I figured it would be too stressful spending more time with him. I go for long bike rides occasionally.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 9 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 02:40:27 PM)

Quoted from Aaron:
Finally went back to school, but in another state. Am now very close to getting my associates and transferring to a four year school. At the moment I'm going for broadcasting and wanting to get a job in television, hopefully somewhere in New York or California (or even my home state NC.) If I end up not going for broadcasting then I'll be a freelance writer.

I was definitely not ready for 7 week courses. I feel incredibly stupid. I actually had to drop Spanish 2 because I wasn't retaining things fast enough. And why does math always gay itself up with algebra? Trig was just fine and then it had to go and mention the quadratic formula. Which I'm suppose to just know this stuff. It doesn't even make sense that I need to know this for television. But hey it's an interesting subject and I like applying things to graphs. I just don't care to prove identities.

I really, really, really suck at math, and even I know how to use the Quadratic formula.

What are you, 6?
‹just dandy› but. again. funnel aspect. I don't want anything put in there unawares. I'm no Richard Gere.
‹Purple› If it was Sunny doing it, s/he'd be pretty rough
‹just dandy› ouch. I just involuntarily clenched.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 10 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 02:50:40 PM)

Quote:
I really, really, really suck at math, and even I know how to use the Quadratic formula.

Funny thing, when you stop using that kind of stuff for years, you forget. Believe me, I used to be good at math.

As for my summer, well, I'm still recovering from the consequences of my trip to Canada. I had a blast of a birthday party. I have two exams left before I'm done with my degree, so that's pretty big. I'm stuck with my internship until September, which is OK because I need the money and I'm not sure I could find anything else.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 04:21:37 PM)

Quote:
If you are having a hard time in algebra, spend more time on it, seriously. It doesn't ever go away, as long as you remain in math. Everything in math, for the most part, builds off of everything you've learned in the past. Even in partial differential equations and advanced proof-writing, you use things as simple as the quadratic formula or partial fraction decomposition to build bigger and better principles. Don't get caught up on memorization, that's not going to help at all. Try to understanding why certain things like the quadratic formula work and how they are applicable. You'll be better off in the long run.

Also, in regard to not caring to prove identities, don't underestimate the underlying skills you learn in doing that. Think of it more as developing the ability to go logically from an assumption to a conclusion, given certain axioms and rules on which to build your argument and make it sound. Math is an incredibly powerful tool to help you improve and enhance your ability to reason both deductively and inductively that transcends just your ability to solve a problem on a test.
This reply was last edited on 06-14-09 04:26:40 PM by Air Bud.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-14-09 04:23:51 PM)

spaniard I wouldn't mind hearing about your trip to canada
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 13 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-15-09 04:13:16 PM)

I'm working as a welder's helper in the oilfield to earn money to globetrot. The oilfield is dying and my hours have been cut back to 50 from 60. It's ok though. I'm actually learning how to weld (not because I want to do it for life or anything, but because I like learning stuff)and my welder is awesome.

Apart from the daily sexual harassment, it's A-OK.

Intend to go rock climbing more this summer and possibly hang glide.

The only thing actually exciting I've done this summer is meet up with Snook and Vissario.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 14 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 03:40:57 PM)

Quoted from TEE:
spaniard I wouldn't mind hearing about your trip to canada

I keep forgetting to reply to this.

It was really nice. I went to Montreal to visit this friend who's been studying there as an exchange student. We were to go camping on the first weekend but it was cold and rainy so we made alternative plans for the weekend that included some Mont Tremblant tourism and, huh, extreme sports or something? Anyway, we saw almost all that there's to see in Montreal (except, well, Mont Royal, ironically enough), I had lots of fun but mainly with the Spanish students because everybody else would only talk in French (but some did try to speak English with me and that was cool), we spent two days in Ottawa admiring the relative Britishness and riding some tandems, I saw a bit of Montreal's night life (which I thought was pretty tame but hey, I got to sing along to "I'm on a Boat"), and I was very bummed to have to come back.

I was terrified about having to fly there on my own because I'm insecure and have no sense of direction and I was quite sure I'd get lost in the airports, but turns out any retard can manage.

Edit: Oh, and the Montreal metro? It sucks.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reply 15 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 04:02:23 PM)

How many skin bars.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 16 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 04:14:40 PM)

This isn't RS, so you're going to have to post something I can understand.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 04:23:40 PM)

He wants to know how many strip clubs there are. Gentlemen's clubs. Titty bars. Full nude dancers. XXX GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS XXX
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 18 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 04:36:25 PM)

It sucks. Fuck you.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 19 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 04:47:43 PM)

This summer is kicking ass. Last summer we had about three sunny days. So far this summer we've had thirty plus and it's been in the 70s pretty regularly.

Hurrah global warming!
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 20 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 07:12:41 PM)

it's been in the 90s here haha i win
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 21 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-17-09 07:20:28 PM)

My apartment in Montreal is 300 meters from the biggest strip club*

*probably won't make it
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 22 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-18-09 07:58:29 AM)

Oh yeah, the place's packed full of strip clubs, sex shops and the like. Especially one particular street whose name escapes me at the moment but which was pretty close to the center.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 23 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-18-09 03:20:01 PM)

My summer has been pretty quiet. I found a job at the start of the month working in a grocery distribution warehouse, and the rest of the time has been dedicated to rehearsals, improv, a soccer team, a bunch of writing, cartooning, reading, builing a bunch of Lego using instructions from the internet, expanding my music collection and organizing my possessions and life.

Occasionally, I get out to see a couple friends, but most of them are out of the province/country. On the plus side, I've started to see older friends more regularly.
how is this for a quote
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 24 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-18-09 04:26:07 PM)

It's been hot.

I've been out on the river a lot and I've gotten a couple sunburns.

And it's wedding season. Love is in the air, I'm trying not to inhale too much of it.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3098 | Total Posts: 54 ]