Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > BEER! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 8801 | Total Posts: 123 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:03:29 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Do you like beer? Who doesn't love beer! Let's talk about BEER!

I drink mainly porters and stouts and at home I've got a six pack of Deschutes Obsidian Stout waiting to be destroyed. I just wish I had some burgers to go with it. If you can find this beer it's worth a try. It's a great stout that's fairly smooth with a delicious coffee-chocolate undertone.

What kind of beer do YOU drink? If you say anything "light" you will be banned. Also the drinking of Budweiser is prohibited.
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:08:40 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I drink Bud Light.

When I'm in bumfuck, Missouri, that is.

Whenever I can get back east, I love me some Yuengling Lager.

Also, the Lager at Springfield Brew Co. Can't remember what it's called though.

A kinda fun bar drink is 1/2 Guinness, 1/2 Leinenklugel. Some drunk guy I met called it a Thundercloud, though I've been told it's a glorified black and tan.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 2 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:26:19 PM)

That sounds like the worst black and tan imaginable. That Leinenkugel tastes like fucking fruit loops.

I am a big fan of Rogue beer.

It is what it is...
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 3 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:32:58 PM)

The guys who introduced it to me said "fruity pebbles." And yeah, I hate it by itself, but it makes something drinkable with the guinness, although probably not a true black and tan.
No problem.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 4 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:38:07 PM)

None of the above.

Beer tastes fucking awful. And before you go accusing me of being swayed by shitty American beer, as I'm sure you're all wont to do, I have had my fair share in drinking different kinds of beer and through my experience, I've come to the conclusion that either I have completely fucked up taste buds or people are conditioned into thinking beer tastes good out of some kind of social pressure to conform.

Thoughts?
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 5 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:42:19 PM)

Beer is definitely a taste you have to want to acquire. Although I really do enjoy it now, although not like I enjoy Pepsi or a mixed drink. It's different, but it's definitely relaxing.
No problem.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 6 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:46:39 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
None of the above.

Beer tastes fucking awful. And before you go accusing me of being swayed by shitty American beer, as I'm sure you're all wont to do, I have had my fair share in drinking different kinds of beer and through my experience, I've come to the conclusion that either I have completely fucked up taste buds or people are conditioned into thinking beer tastes good out of some kind of social pressure to conform.

Thoughts?

I enjoy the flavor of various beers. I have had some that I love, and some that I completely adore. In my opinion beer is more pleasurable to drink than a pepsi or a coke. I am not a fan of sugary stuff.
It is what it is...
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 7 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:55:38 PM)

I still think there is still a sense of social pressure when it comes to the desire to acquire that taste that Chimp mentioned, not necessarily just for beer, but for alcohol in general. Certainly more so than with sodas or sugary drinks to say the least. And if it weren't for the perpetually consistent and present social factors involved such as fitting in with the guys/gals, a need to prove oneself as an adult as a teenager, or the natural lubricant it serves in getting laid and so forth, there would be no market for someone to come to enjoy various flavors. Or at least, the practice would be far less pronounced than it is.

It also seems to me that the pleasure derived from drinking a beer stems almost from conditioning in the extent that typically when you drink beer, you're having a good time (out with your friends, at a party, watching the game, etc.) so there certainly may be a psychological factor involved in coming home and having a beer that causes you to enjoy it so much. That's just my take on it.

Personally though, I just don't like the taste or the texture as compared to wines or hell, even various mixed drinks.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 8 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:56:35 PM)

Munich Lager.
Quote:
Also, the Lager at Springfield Brew Co. Can't remember what it's called though.
Quote:
Golden-colored lager reminiscent of the pale lagers popular in the Bavarian region of Germany. Malty, toasty flavors derived from a blend of Munich and two-row barley malts are balanced by a careful blend of hops to give this beer a complex palate and exceptional drinkabiltiy. A nice complement to any dish or conversation.

OG = 11.8° Plato IBU = 23 Bitterness Units
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 9 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 06:58:57 PM)

I like beer. I'm not a beer snob or someone who ONLY DRINKS EFFEFLETTE LIGHT LAGER ALE BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST, although Rickard's white is good.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 07:20:15 PM)

Entering my third year of college next September, I have learned to enjoy cheap beer. That said, I generally drink what I can get my hands on, which tends to be: Lakeport, Canadian, or Coors. Guinness is for special occasions. At home in Waterloo, I enjoy Waterloo Dark and Lion's Lager.

Really, though, unless it's a specifically flavoured beer, like Hoegaarden or however it's spelled, that has the aftertaste of moss, most of the main (bigger name) beer produced tastes pretty similar, I find.
how is this for a quote
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 11 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 07:25:37 PM)

What I usually drink: Key Light, Coors Light. If a party has Coors, it's considered a "high class" party.

As for what I like to drink, it depends on what I have. I enjoy almost any beer I can get, though I've had a few awful ones...
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 12 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 07:56:58 PM)

Beer is fine but bourbon is my poison. Lately I've been sipping down 1792, but I have a soft spot for Maker's Mark. Besides, my drinking habit has dropped off a cliff. One bottle lasts me a month now.
Too lazy to reply properly.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 13 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 07:58:50 PM)

I'm not a beer snob; most of the beer I drink is pretty cheap. in order of frequency of consumption I would guess:

PBR
Miller High Life
Red Stripe
Tecate
Pacifico

However if we're talking about snobby beers that actually cost money, like more than 8 bucks for a 6 pack, I tend to like belgian white beers or hefewiezens. Paulaner Hefeweissbier is probably my favorite expensive beer.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 14 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:00:41 PM)

Fucking love beer. My alcohol love is ranked

1. Beer
2. Tequila
3. Whiskey
4. Everything else

HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 15 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:12:11 PM)

I am tolerant of beer. I don't really specifically like it (I used to hate it), but i've learned to deal with it. If I had my choice i'd do rum-cokes or gin-tonics and stuff, but those are expensive at bars, not packaged nicely together for home use, and also fill you up with too much sugar. Beer is good because it will get you buzzed and is always cheap and readily available.

When I go to bars I usually get Coors light or Bud light just because it's usually the cheapest and going out to bars can get expensive. I haven't picked my 'favorite' beer yet, but generally I don't like very dark, very heavy, very bittery beers.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 16 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:20:52 PM)

Dimi and I drank beer together.

It was magical.

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
D
Administrator

Reply 17 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:24:16 PM)

Thats true (the magic).
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 18 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:25:54 PM)

That's not true (the drank).

D
Administrator

Reply 19 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:28:18 PM)

Yes it is, we totally drank beer together. You had an IPA and I had a Coors I think.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 20 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:38:52 PM)

Man I just got back from drinking like 15 pitchers of wellington special pale ale and sweet jesus that shit is like drinking gold

had a few shots of liquor in between, but shit I really dont understand how people can like liquor more than beer. I mean one tastes fucking delicious (beer) and one tastes like medicine.

and btw, it's not "peer pressure" that makes people like beer. the fact that it is delicious has something to do with it

favorite brewskis, in no particular order:

-sleeman original
-sleeman silver creek
-wellington county special pale ale
-wellington county dark ale
-gosser lager
-heineken lager
-steam whistle ale
-RED CAP ALE
-steam whistle
-amsterdam blond
-rickeards red
-rickaeards white
-alexander keiths
-keith's red
-stella artois
-

several others too that I can't think of. Sleeman brewery makes the finest brews though. It's brewed out of Guelph ontario and I'm pretty sure it's nationwide here, but I doubt any of the americans have seen it. If you see it in your brewer catalogs though, I'd recommend springing for a case of the original draught. that shit is way way smoother than any beer you've tasted, but still strong enough to leave you satisfied. It's a tasty treat

beers that I refuse to acknowledge as anything other than piss-water:
molson canadian, budweiser, coors, labatt blue
This reply was last edited on 05-19-09 09:46:17 PM by poop.
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 09:54:23 PM)

I like beer and I definitely don't think it's delicious, at all.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 22 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 10:28:30 PM)

I don't think peer pressure has everything to do with beer drinking. People have been making and drinking it since 9000 B.C., so there must be some redeeming quality other than "all the other mesopotamians were doing it."

I like

Leinenkugels' Sunset Wheat
Any hefeweizen
brown ales
ambers
pales (sometimes)
real pilsners (not the American kind)

I used to work in a brewery...that was fantastic. My friend was the brewmaster, so we always got to try his "on the side" projects. He makes a chili ale every Cinco de Mayo, a pumpkin ale for October, an Irish Red for St. Patricks and he even made a garlic roasted chicken beer once. That was weird. The best he ever made though was this like 15%ABV mead that we all drank and got hammered.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 23 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-19-09 10:44:16 PM)

Even if you don't love the taste of beer, beer is the best alcohol period. It's perfect for socializing. Since it's a low alcohol content, you can't get trashed without actually putting real effort into it. You typically just stay within the good happy tipsy/drunk area. It's also cheap, even the really good stuff (compared to liquor and wine). And it goes well with a wide range of food, so it's good for social dinners.

Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 24 of 123 (Originally posted on: 05-20-09 12:40:35 AM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
I don't think peer pressure has everything to do with beer drinking. People have been making and drinking it since 9000 B.C., so there must be some redeeming quality other than "all the other mesopotamians were doing it."
I'll agree with you on that, but you can't deny the effect of peer pressure in relatively modern times. That said, even so far back as 9000 B.C., the consumption of alcohol had to do with a combination of religious rites, magic practices, and the obvious relief that intoxication helped bring to temporarily subdue the stress of living in a constant state of the threat of violent death. As civilization evolved, so did the role that alcohol played in our lives, which no doubt accounts for the integration of alcohol into our cultural fabric and which no doubt accounts for the role it plays in our current culture, as I've said.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 8801 | Total Posts: 123 ]