Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Guys, we're getting old. Let's all be sad about it, ok? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2929 | Total Posts: 41 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Let's all be sad about it, ok?
This poll has no expiration.
Ok! Vote in poll to view results
Nope. Vote in poll to view results
Is it still cool to say Drahnier? Vote in poll to view results
Who the fuck is Smokey? Vote in poll to view results
Modify Poll
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
(Originally posted on: 05-01-09 02:56:33 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I searched a lot of my old screen names tonight and found a lot of really embarrassing stuff. While I periodically make my way back to INTL for whatever strange reason - a lot of these other nooks and crannies on the internet haven't seen me in years. A lot of years. I've traced myself back to high-school.

The first thing I noticed was that the way I wrote back then was humiliating...or should have been. I constantly spelled "believe" wrong (belive) - I said yall, aint, tryin, gonna, lol, wtf, etc. - some of you probably remember. And while I still have no qualms about forcefully shoving personal information down the throats of unsuspecting sexless geeks...I was pretty fucking full of myself about it. Did you guys notice that? Nah, you probably didn't. I'm kind of amazing, though.

But these internet versions of myself were indicative of a lot of things that were more real and close to me. Things I could look back on with that embarrassment, remember the reality attached to them, and reflect in that introspective way which I was at one time convinced would get me laid. It doesn't. My thought process back then wasn't brutally illogical, but its flaws were plain as day nonetheless. They were all laced with that tone of teenage immortality - even a bit into my 20's you can find evidence of this. You probably will, too, because you're probably still dicks.

I had a rough life growing up, not horrible and nowhere near as bad as I depicted on the net, but there were some extremely rocky roads. It's interesting to look back on all of these public records, despite the fact that they only really hold any kind of significance to yourself, and shatter some delusions you may have conceived of how you were when you were younger with some hardcore evidence that you, too, were just a little shit like the rest of the kids these days.

Now I sit on the back porch with my friends and we talk about glow worm, fruit stripes, slap bracelets, Alf, Ninja Turtles, Vanilla Ice in Ninja Turtles 2, Spaced Invaders, My Buddy, MST3K, and...stuff. My friend is a fashion designer and one of her models is an 18 year old cutie. Talking to her about high-school is either fascinating, sad, or both. The immortality is gone. While it's satisfying to be capable of giving life advice to people, it comes at the expense of the following:

1. Sounding too much like your father
2. Knowing that you're the only one listening to yourself
3. The attraction is now...actually, nevermind...you still want to fuck them. There is no #3.

People who were born in '88 can drink. I can have sex with people who were born in '91...I can hope for sex with people who were born in '91, actively pursue it, succeed, get caught, and get shot at by her angry father. It's weird. This whole quarter life crisis thing is really getting me down. Is it getting you down?

I kind of owed this place another less than coherent early morning rant. I need go take my heart pills now.
Check out this new sig, brah! It's like the last one only with more words.
This reply was last edited on 05-01-09 03:04:00 AM by Smokey.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 04:25:55 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Teenagers were born in 1996.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 2 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 04:45:09 AM)

Don't be so pathetic.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 3 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 05:32:05 AM)

The internet is where I go to be pathetic.
Sex
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 4 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 05:33:56 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Teenagers were born in 1996.

...fuck...

my little brother and cousin recently built themselves a car to race at the dirt track. I was blown away that they were letting kids that young race on a track. My dad laughed at me and informed me that he already had his drivers license. wtf?

and more to the point, I didnt have a car until I was 17, how in the fuck does my little brother come up with a god damned racecar? thats a load of bullshit, I want a racecar.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 5 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 07:07:19 AM)

what?

This morning I finished making a few backups of my old data. I ended up looking through a folder of pictures taken over the past ten years .... at first I thought, yeah that was an awesome vacation, or - whoa, I moved seven times already since then?

after a while though, I figured fuck; thats ten years ago already...

TEN FUCKING YEARS!!! granted, I had a lot of fun but I still cant get over the feeling that its somehow horrible that its been ten years. I can't explain.
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 08:58:45 AM)

I'm pretty shocked by it, myself. What's interesting is that we're the first generation that spent their teen years with the internet close at hand.. It has molded us into an entirely different creature, socially. Cell phones too.

Being a janitor at a high school, I think about how young some of these kids are, and I wonder what the hell I was doing at their age. I mostly can't remember, but what I do wasn't that interesting. I guess I feel that I didn't really do anything back then, when I could, and I'm still not doing anything, and I'll probably look back at this time in my life and think the same damn thing. Rinse and repeat until I die.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 7 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 09:09:13 AM)

I'm still a teenager for 10 more days.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 8 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 09:55:18 AM)

I've read my older stuff and, while a lot of it was juvenile, I actually kinda like some of it...I have pretty much the same sense of humor which is interesting

ps WHO THE TITS IS SMOKEY
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 9 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 10:02:46 AM)

soulja boy was born in 1990
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 10 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 12:49:45 PM)

I turned 30 two months ago and didn't even realize it until halfway through the day. There comes a point in time when you just quit worrying about it.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 11 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 02:11:34 PM)

I have a small patch of greys that has been steadily growing in size since I turned 18. I tried pulling them out, but then they grow back scraggly, making them more noticeable. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
if you have time to read my sig you have time to post in my forum
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 12 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 02:24:25 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:
Is it getting you down?

Life is definitely better for me than it was 10 years ago. I have grown into a man and left (most) childish actions behind. I actually find myself trying to recapture the sense of wonder that life brought me then.

I think the trick to aging well is not to become a cynic. We are all smart enough and logical enough to realize the inconsistencies that life throws at us now. We can see the lies that our government throws in our faces and we are old enough to really regret some of the decisions we have made for the first time in our lives.

Life was more entertaining when we actually thought we could drink a gallon of whiskey and wake up at 5am the next morning. We did it, and did it well. Now we have that voice of reason that single handedly sucks all the fun out of life. More often than not, I find age and wisdom a curse. I don't get the same pleasure out of making bad decisions as I once did.

26 year old Nick going home with a 19 year old - "Ugg... you are doing it again. You are just gonna wake up tommorrow mad at yourself. Why are you doing this?"

17 year old Nick going home with a 19 year old - "Ass up, face in the pillow! Shove this X pill up my ass! Cup my balls! Goddamn, I'm the man!"

No, aging does not have me down. We just have to make the time to go build a sandcastle once in awhile so we don't get disconnected from what actually makes life worthwhile. It's easy to get caught up in the cycle of work and bills.

P.S. - Post MOAR
It is what it is...
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 13 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 02:49:20 PM)

I've spent the last week without an hour of free time, working on projects and taking tests and not having a moment to stop and think "This is the last time i'm ever going to do this." I will complete my last academic obligation early Monday morning. Graduation is a couple weekends away.

I just got home from a project presentation and I have the night free before I have to get working again on a paper due Sunday. I'm glad I used this small oasis of free time to read this thread and depress the shit out of myself.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 14 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 03:15:32 PM)

gj dimi!
Quote:
Is it getting you down?

No.
idk, I like growing older. You experience more, do more, whatever else. I have gray hair like Zippo, but I think they came along more from stress in college than age. Either way, I just leave them, cause I like them. Adds character. I don't really look at age as indicative of how much of your life is over, but rather as how much is left to experience. Of course I freak out about finding a job and moving out on my own, but I'm not all OMG THE BEST YEARS ARE OVER WAAAAAH about it. Makes the whole quarter-life crisis pretty nonexistent to me.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

¡Spanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 15 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 08:23:22 PM)

Quoted from Zippo:
I have a small patch of greys that has been steadily growing in size since I turned 18. I tried pulling them out, but then they grow back scraggly, making them more noticeable. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Hairs in the ol' nether regions?
oh me
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 16 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 08:34:01 PM)

You are demented.
if you have time to read my sig you have time to post in my forum
GoC
causes drama in intl fantasy sports

Ballkicks: (+18 / -2)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 17 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 08:42:58 PM)

Quote:
Is it getting you down?

Occasionally. I don't know if I ever really think that the best years of my life are behind me or anything like that, but I have thought along the lines of "I can't believe that's something I'm probably never going to do/experience/etc again" when I think about days gone by. And I'm not even that old; I'd guess by the standards of this forum 23 is pretty young (yes? no?). Being out of school for the last couple of years really made me feel like I wasn't that young anymore.

If anyone else has a reasonably large family/extended family, then they might identify with this - I think one of the weirdest things is seeing your younger siblings/cousins who you're pretty sure you remember being 9 years old a couple of years ago just moved away from home to go to college.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 18 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 08:51:48 PM)

Quoted from GoC:
I think one of the weirdest things is seeing your younger siblings/cousins who you're pretty sure you remember being 9 years old a couple of years ago just moved away from home to go to college.

soulja was like a brother to me MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
GoC
causes drama in intl fantasy sports

Ballkicks: (+18 / -2)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 19 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-01-09 09:18:11 PM)

Was? MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Another productive partnership, ruined.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 20 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-02-09 06:03:28 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
I've spent the last week without an hour of free time, working on projects and taking tests and not having a moment to stop and think "This is the last time i'm ever going to do this." I will complete my last academic obligation early Monday morning. Graduation is a couple weekends away.

I just got home from a project presentation and I have the night free before I have to get working again on a paper due Sunday. I'm glad I used this small oasis of free time to read this thread and depress the shit out of myself.

That's kind of how this thread came about. I've started work writing copy for a graphic design studio, on top of working tech support (still with the college but more monayz) and finishing up my BA which has unfortunately hit more than a few snags. Then, I got a chance to stop and think!

Car accident. I was sober, and it wasn't my fault.

See? Things have changed.
Sex
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 21 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-02-09 10:28:43 AM)

I'm a teenager for a couple of months yet, and I just moved home from a year at school. Last night, I was going through photo albums with my little (now 6'4, 16 year old) brother and I remembered the events in my head so vividly that I was shocked when I realized that that was my 9th birthday, etc. I feel like I've had no time at all but also all the time in the world.

You might say, yeah, but you're only 19. True, but I think it's fair to say that in Utah people are made older quicker. According to a friend who graduated high school the year after me, of the 120 people in her graduating class, 20 or 30 were on missions, and 79 were either married, pregnant, or engaged.

Tons of my friends are already married, and I think it's all insane. I've decided I've got to leave Utah and reclaim some of my youth. By Utah standards I only have a couple more years before I'm an old maid.

What the fuck.

Also, a couple of years ago I decided that I'm not going to make new years revolutions, but that instead, I intend to go on at least one adventure each year of my life. It doesn't have to be something big; could even be something like skydiving, but so far I've kept up with it and it makes me feel a lot better about life in general.

Also have decided that every year or two I'm going to pick up a new hobby. This year I picked up pilates and rock climbing. I hope I'll actually be a cool individual by the time I'm 80.

Feel weird posting this because I'm a lot younger than most of you, but oh well.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 22 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-02-09 10:37:17 AM)

Quote:
Is it still cool to say Drahnier?

You warm my heart, smokey.
DRAHNIER
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 23 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-02-09 10:52:27 AM)

Quoted from Just Dandy:
I intend to go on at least one adventure each year of my life. It doesn't have to be something big; could even be something like skydiving, but so far I've kept up with it and it makes me feel a lot better about life in general.

You have it figured out. Age is a number and you are as old as you act. Do things that are fun and exciting until your body won't let you anymore.
It is what it is...
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 24 of 41 (Originally posted on: 05-02-09 01:55:36 PM)

Quoted from Zippo:

Fuck you! You can dye it, I started balding at the age of 18, what the fuck can I do about that?
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2929 | Total Posts: 41 ]