Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Fucking pig needs prescription aviators. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 4581 | Total Posts: 79 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
(Originally posted on: 04-23-09 12:46:35 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I was on driving to a job fair today when I drove by this cop when I was making a turn. A minute later and a mile down the road and another turn later I see the cop pull up behind me and turn on his lights.

So I pullover and he gets out and says, the reason I pulled you over is because you didn't have your seat belt on.

BULLSHIT

I had my seat belt on the entire way, I put it on in my fucking driveway and did not touch it. So I politely tell him that I have had it on the entire time and he says, "Well all I am doing today is looking for seat belt violations so I only pull people over if i'm 100% sure that I am right."

So he proceeds to write me up a $51 ticket for "not-wearing" a seat belt. And if I want to fight it, its just going to be my word against his, that doesn't give me a very good chance since there isn't really anything I can say or do to prove I was wearing a seat belt.

Also, what the fuck kind of stupid ass law is that anyway. There shouldn't be an officer wasting his time looking only for seat belt violations. OMFG.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 01:25:33 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Why weren't you wearing your seat belt? That was very reckless of you. They save lives.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 2 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 01:29:49 PM)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHCCKKKKKK YOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 01:32:01 PM)

That's pretty awful.

If you went to court about it and he didn't show up, it would get thrown out. Also if he makes a habit of pulling people over and ticketing them for not having a seatbelt, it's possible that a lot of people will also go to court to fight it, and maybe that would reflect badly on him?

Probably, at 50 bucks, I would just end up paying it. It's not worth missing a day of work.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 4 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 02:35:31 PM)

Quote:
Also, what the fuck kind of stupid ass law is that anyway

You are seriously contending that the seat-belt laws in this country should be revoked?

I might agree, actually; American motorists are idiots who deserve to die from their own stupidity
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
This reply was last edited on 04-23-09 02:42:41 PM by atlas sighed (at me).
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 5 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 02:47:59 PM)

Quoted from take it sleazy:
That's pretty awful.

If you went to court about it and he didn't show up, it would get thrown out. Also if he makes a habit of pulling people over and ticketing them for not having a seatbelt, it's possible that a lot of people will also go to court to fight it, and maybe that would reflect badly on him?

That's a good point, and almost gives justification to fight the charge. Pretty obviously you'll lose, but it probably will go on his record as a contested charge? I'm just assuming, but if it makes the pig look like a dick, I'd say go for it.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 6 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 03:36:41 PM)

I had an incident that was very similar, though it was compounded by the nature of the incident...

A couple years ago, on probably the hottest summer day in B.C. (around July 30th), I was driving my then shitty Neon through the back roads of a small town. I was heading to a friend's house, for some reason I've now forgotten.

These back roads were located on the rim of a dry, desert-esque hillside, overlooking the main city slightly in the distance. For the most part, the roads were barren on both sides; imagine pine trees with desert undergrowth. Near the turn off to the main highway, the police had a service station - a place where they would keep their vehicles. Further down the back road, there was a hardware store, and an ashphault company. Just down the hill, and far in the distance near the entrance to the city I could see a Tim Hortons (a Canadian coffee and donut cafe).

The car overheated and broke down outside the hardware store, which was closed. It didn't have AC, there was no wind. It was just after noon, so the sun was high and hot. I went to call one of my friends from in town, who I knew worked as a mechanic. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car. My cellphone was dead... so I decided to walk to Tim Hortons to use their phone.

I trekked there through the dry bush. I had never been so happy to be inside an air-conditioned Tim Hortons. Called. My friend was at work for the next two hours. Two hours later, we meet up at Tim Hortons. After some fucking around, and an hour later, the car was fixed.

By then, I opted to just go home. So I'm driving passed the fucking cop service station, and I get pulled over. I can claim to the contrary, but my seat belt was apparently off EVEN THOUGH HE SAW THAT I HAD IT ON WHEN HE CAME TO THE DOOR. He suggested I just put it on before he came to the door, even though I had thought he was going to give me a speeding ticket. I personally think they were just trying to fulfill their operational quotas, as the RCMP is apt to have here. The ticket was 175 dollars. He made the comment "don't expect to challenge it, I will show up."

FUCKING HELL.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 7 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 09:10:22 PM)

If you can swing it, go to court. Even if you don't win, it will deter other cops from giving you a ticket when they pull you over and see that you fight tickets on their computer. They don't want to show up for that shit.

edit: I can't believe they give seatbelt tickets to people. I've never known anyone who's gotten one.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 8 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-23-09 09:18:29 PM)

Quoted from Shine:
I had an incident that was very similar, though it was compounded by the nature of the incident...

A couple years ago, on probably the hottest summer day in B.C. (around July 30th), I was driving my then shitty Neon through the back roads of a small town. I was heading to a friend's house, for some reason I've now forgotten.

These back roads were located on the rim of a dry, desert-esque hillside, overlooking the main city slightly in the distance. For the most part, the roads were barren on both sides; imagine pine trees with desert undergrowth. Near the turn off to the main highway, the police had a service station - a place where they would keep their vehicles. Further down the back road, there was a hardware store, and an ashphault company. Just down the hill, and far in the distance near the entrance to the city I could see a Tim Hortons (a Canadian coffee and donut cafe).

The car overheated and broke down outside the hardware store, which was closed. It didn't have AC, there was no wind. It was just after noon, so the sun was high and hot. I went to call one of my friends from in town, who I knew worked as a mechanic. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car. My cellphone was dead... so I decided to walk to Tim Hortons to use their phone.

I trekked there through the dry bush. I had never been so happy to be inside an air-conditioned Tim Hortons. Called. My friend was at work for the next two hours. Two hours later, we meet up at Tim Hortons. After some fucking around, and an hour later, the car was fixed.

By then, I opted to just go home. So I'm driving passed the fucking cop service station, and I get pulled over. I can claim to the contrary, but my seat belt was apparently off EVEN THOUGH HE SAW THAT I HAD IT ON WHEN HE CAME TO THE DOOR. He suggested I just put it on before he came to the door, even though I had thought he was going to give me a speeding ticket. I personally think they were just trying to fulfill their operational quotas, as the RCMP is apt to have here. The ticket was 175 dollars. He made the comment "don't expect to challenge it, I will show up."

FUCKING HELL.

This story felt like it was leading to sex the whole time
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 9 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-24-09 12:16:28 AM)

I have a feeling that this'll happen to me one day just by chance, so I worked out a "solution" that would help me to get out of my ticket.

When I go out driving around I take my camera with me. It has a 16GB card in it, good for dozens of hours of video. I just set it to record a low-quality 15fps video and then place it in the cupholder such that it's more or less facing me.

The microphone is pretty sensitive so when I put my seatbelt on it goes ka-CLICK. If anyone pulls me over and accuses me of being intoxicated/drugged/not wearing my seatbelt, I'll have an iron witness that TELLS NO LIES.
You are the reason I post here, and that annoys me.
Minus, The Nightmare
Desperado

Ballkicks: (+7 / -6)
Reg. Date: Mar 2009
Reply 10 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-24-09 05:23:32 AM)

Quoted from Chimp:

edit: I can't believe they give seatbelt tickets to people. I've never known anyone who's gotten one.

I got one last month.

It has to be paid by June. Mine was only $10, though.

Does that put a point on your lisence?
[ABA]= Anti-Backwashing Activists
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 11 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-24-09 06:27:43 AM)

I have no idea what the laws are in Tennessee regarding that.

In Missouri it's a 10 dollar ticket (I know this from community service 7 years ago) but I'm not thinking they give them often.

Hell, everytime I've been pulled over in the past 5 years I haven't been wearing a seat belt and I haven't gotten a ticket. The only time I thought I was going to get a seat belt ticket I was strapped to a backboard and somehow the drugs made me a pretty convincing liar when I was talking to the cop, despite having shattered the windshield with my forehead.

Also, pay the ticket.

Now.

Unless you want to forget about it and end up with a bench warrant for a 10 dollar ticket.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 12 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-24-09 09:25:42 AM)

Quoted from ThePerfectCore:
I have a feeling that this'll happen to me one day just by chance, so I worked out a "solution" that would help me to get out of my ticket.

When I go out driving around I take my camera with me. It has a 16GB card in it, good for dozens of hours of video. I just set it to record a low-quality 15fps video and then place it in the cupholder such that it's more or less facing me.

The microphone is pretty sensitive so when I put my seatbelt on it goes ka-CLICK. If anyone pulls me over and accuses me of being intoxicated/drugged/not wearing my seatbelt, I'll have an iron witness that TELLS NO LIES.

You seriously do that every time you get in the car? That's not worth it
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 13 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-24-09 11:00:53 AM)

Quoted from NickLivesUnderYourBed:
Quoted from Chimp:

I got one last month.

It has to be paid by June. Mine was only $10, though.

Does that put a point on your lisence?
The officer told me it was a non-moving violation so therefore there will be no points involved.

Either way, I have no job and won't even have the 50 bucks to pay for the ticket until i get my income tax return so I plan on fighting it. Gah makes me so mad just thinking about it.

The actual ticket was $25 but there was a bunch of other bullshit processing fines or whatever that all added up to $51.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

Reply 14 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-24-09 05:06:53 PM)

Quoted from take it sleazy:
lolshit

You seriously do that every time you get in the car? That's not worth it

But it's gonna be SO WORTH IT to STICK IT TO THE MAN

WOOO ANARCHY
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 15 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 07:16:15 AM)

(09:13:27 AM) oirassiv: most courts don't take camcorders or cameras as reliable evidence
(09:13:38 AM) oirassiv: just thought i'd shit on your plan to fuck with the coppers
(09:13:51 AM) SimTPC: That's because most video usually sucks
(09:14:09 AM) SimTPC: Also, check the attitude, and kindly fuck off
(09:14:14 AM) SimTPC: BYEFAGGOT

pretty clever, log off before I could tell him that any half-way intelligent judge will throw the video out on the basis that it was made by the defendant for the purpose of acquitting the defendant in the expectation that he might be stopped; also possible tampering, editing, smokes and mirrors

i guess what i am trying to say is FUCK I FUCKING OWNED YOU TPC FUCKING OF FUCKING GOD FUCKING YES I AM FEELING LIKE A FUCKING GOD TO-FUCKING-DAY
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

Reply 16 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 08:02:11 AM)

Quoted from vissario:
lol

HEY I'M VISSARIO

LISTEN TO ME BITCH!

bitch bitch bitch biiiiiitch bitch bitch bitch bitch
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 17 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 08:19:09 AM)

Quoted from vissario:
lol

I actually did lol when writing that
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 18 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 12:45:43 PM)

ok
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 19 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 04:29:42 PM)

That was possibly the gayest forum battle ever
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

Reply 20 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 05:11:47 PM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
That was possibly the gayest forum battle ever

Shouldn't you be off fucking kids and just generally being a worthless little rimjob?

Quoted from vissario:

YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LAUGH WHEN YOU'RE RAAAAAGING, YOU STUPID FUCK.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 21 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 05:38:28 PM)

Quoted from vissario:

anger 101
learn u some stuff ok??

Maybe this'll turn out better than Algebra.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 22 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 06:23:45 PM)

Quoted from vissario:

You just don't understand, man, my anger at this point is so dry and controlled that I, too, find it hard to start spitting puss.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 23 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-25-09 08:26:24 PM)

This thread is worse than a glued-in weave.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 24 of 79 (Originally posted on: 04-26-09 06:46:19 AM)

wtf is that? and why the fuck is it relevant? either use the word FUCK or GET THE FUCK OUT
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4581 | Total Posts: 79 ]