Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Health & Beauty: chances are you possess neither of these > How do you like your steak? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3509 | Total Posts: 33 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
I like my steak...
This poll has no expiration.
Raw (uncooked) Vote in poll to view results
Very Rare (sometimes referred to as "black and blue") Vote in poll to view results
Rare Vote in poll to view results
Medium Rare Vote in poll to view results
Medium Vote in poll to view results
Medium Well Done Vote in poll to view results
Well Done Vote in poll to view results
I don't eat meat. Vote in poll to view results
Modify Poll
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
(Originally posted on: 03-14-09 05:12:37 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Oh, god, steak is so delicious.

How do you prefer yours to be cooked?

Definitions courtesy of Wikipedia:

Raw - Uncooked
Very rare - (37.8°C/100°F core temp) Cooked very quickly; the outside is seared, but the inside is usually cool and barely cooked.
Rare - (48.9°C/120°F core temp) The outside is gray-brown, and the middle of the steak is red and slightly warm.
Medium rare - (52.2°C/126°F degrees core temp) The steak will have a fully red, warm center.
Medium - (57.2°C/135°F degrees core temp) The middle of the steak is hot and red with pink surrounding the center. The outside is gray-brown.
Medium well done - (62.8°C/145°F degrees core temp) The meat is light pink surrounding the center.
Well done - (73.9°C/165°F degrees core temp) The meat is gray-brown throughout and slightly charred.
This reply was last edited on 03-14-09 05:18:27 PM by Zippo.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 1 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-14-09 05:28:24 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Alive and in a field, munching on some grass.

learn u some stuff ok??
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 2 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-14-09 06:47:05 PM)

Hahahaha snook.

I prefer my steak on the medium side of medium rare--seeing bright pink on the inside of my meat just makes me think of salmonella poisoning, although I know it's a moot worry. If I can cut it with a regular knife, it has not been cooked long enough.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
Shadowe

I kinda want to see that up someone's ass

Ballkicks: (+90 / -84)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 3 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-14-09 07:36:58 PM)

Halikhically done. Most would call it ruined but any chef with a brain and without said brain half up his own ass knows it IS possible to cook a steak until there's no pink left without ruining it.

Also char ftw, if done right char = flavor.
Hanlon's Razor: Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 4 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-14-09 07:47:38 PM)

I prefer mine medium rare. Sometimes the amount of blood when I cut it bothers me a little, but when I put steak sauce on it, it mixes together and tastes delicious.
noose
NOOSES: get hung!

Ballkicks: (+11 / -4)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-14-09 10:33:30 PM)

I prefer medium-rare side of medium, but so often when cooking steaks on a bbq people will end up over cooking them and forcing out quite a bit of flavour. It's rather annoying so I often stick to sausages at bbqs.

If I'm cooking the steak myself or at a restaurant though then it's not an issue.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-14-09 11:18:19 PM)

i like it rare
also anyone who likes steak more than medium rare is ruining the steak
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 01:00:22 AM)

Medium well. Antpocas, you're a jackass as always. Perhaps one day you'll express an opinion without arrogantly and baselessly insulting anyone with a potentially opposing view. Maybe you'll also realize that being a prick about every mundane thing only make your opinions seem less valid.
Awenydd
Fast and bulbous.

Indecipherable String Band

Ballkicks: (+24 / -2)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 8 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 04:47:29 AM)

Snook are we meant to pick Raw (uncooked)?
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 9 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 06:40:54 AM)

Usually I will have steak and egg for breakfast, and I like it rare.

I do really like a nice veal carpaccio or venison tartare though.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 10 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 07:53:59 AM)

I'm not a fan of steak, but with any beef (unless its ground for a taco dish) I like it medium rare. Beef tenderloin is my favorite, and if it's a good cut and cooked right it's a real delight.

Oddly I've never eaten lamb or veal, though I think I've tried goat (ah the south).
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 11 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 09:35:00 AM)

Quoted from Awenydd:
Snook are we meant to pick Raw (uncooked)?

You vote the vegetarian option that I just added!
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 12 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 11:21:05 AM)

Definitely the medium rare. Of course, I also like it almost burnt at times, just because I like the crispy burnt taste, but I always order medium rare.
Awenydd
Fast and bulbous.

Indecipherable String Band

Ballkicks: (+24 / -2)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 13 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 03:24:07 PM)

Quote:
You vote the vegetarian option that I just added!

2 votes. That's as many as Medium Well Done!
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 14 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 03:55:47 PM)

*high five*

Though I'm technically pescatarian, though I don't eat fish all that often (actually I'm liking it less and less as time goes on.)
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 15 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 03:56:53 PM)

Rare as shit, super dooper rare, blood dripping out down my chin

it's a waste of good steak to cook it past medium rare, after that it all starts to taste the same.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 16 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 04:48:15 PM)

Definitely true. You wont get a true taste of the meats quality if it's cooked further.
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 17 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 06:21:01 PM)

I like mine rare, but at restaurant's I order medium rare just because.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 18 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 07:19:11 PM)

Quoted from goatstack:
Definitely true. You wont get a true taste of the meats quality if it's cooked further.

If you order above medium rare the generally give you a worse cut because of this. You won't be able to tell it's worse.
D
Administrator

Reply 19 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-15-09 11:44:19 PM)

Anyone ever have a bad experience with a vein in your steak? The first time I saw one I was scarred for life. I pretty much avoid steak these days.

Firstly, I find it a pain to cut all the most delicious parts out. Too much work for a meal. Secondly, they're damn expensive and I don't enjoy the taste that much. Third, the thought of running into another vein super-highway makes me immediately lose my appetite. The whole meal is spent cautiously searching for veins.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 20 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-16-09 12:08:06 AM)

What happens when you find a vien? Blood everywhere or something?
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-16-09 12:51:12 AM)

No blood. It's just a disgusting system of rubbery veins crawling through my food.

Of course I know that a living animal died so that I could have my food, but that is the kind of reminder that can put me off of that food for quite a while.
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 22 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-16-09 06:39:58 AM)

I understand Dimi. Same problem before, but I got over it. I still order my steaks next to living.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 23 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-16-09 12:18:16 PM)

Quoted from Dimi :
Anyone ever have a bad experience with a vein in your steak? The first time I saw one I was scarred for life. I pretty much avoid steak these days.

Yes, and it's really really gross. I try to avoid steak when I can too, in part because of this.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 24 of 33 (Originally posted on: 03-16-09 01:46:42 PM)

I remember that happened to me once at scout camp. We were having roast beef and I found a big ol' rubbery artery in my slice. It made me decide to go veggie for the rest of my stay. I've accepted that finding occasional blood vessels is part of eating something that had blood in it at one time, but whenever I cook I do my best to excise those bits in the process. If somebody else serves me meat with a vein in it, I discreetly cut that part out and sneak it into a napkin.

I usually prefer medium steak, all said. It's usually a good balance between the meat being tender and fully cooked. There's a reason it's conventionally called "medium" and not "omg you're ruining it."
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3509 | Total Posts: 33 ]