Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > INTL is rediculously inactive. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3568 | Total Posts: 50 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Dong Kollector Jax
INTL Dick Twisters

[CEMETARY MAN (1994) SPOILERS]

Ballkicks: (+136 / -33)
Reg. Date: Feb 2009
(Originally posted on: 02-24-09 02:38:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Just a few days ago, I reveled in the wonderful flurry of incoming posts, each feeding my desire for online interaction. It was amazing, but I've since realized that flurry was a temporary fling caused by my registration and, let's face it, forum-stirring posts.

Whereas OD (a few days ago, considered by myself to be much more inactive than INTL) gets a post every 10 minutes or so, someone basically has to wait an hour for a post in ID, one that in all likelihood won't be in a thread that person is interested in.

There obviously has to be some downward trend in posting psychology or whatever. I can no longer hook you all by beating around the bush and continuing my unparalleled stint in online entertainment, so I'll be direct.

Please post.
I'm too lazy to look up the banner size limits, so I will display the tiniest one possible.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 02:45:22 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

If you don't like it, go away. You don't seem to understand this forum has a userbase that is fairly different from OD's, and our posting habits are different. We don't feel the need to post too much inane shit, and this forum is not a substitute for better forms of interaction, online or otherwise.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Dong Kollector Jax
INTL Dick Twisters

Reply 2 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 02:54:07 PM)

Good job! You found another perfect opportunity to antagonize me, and just as you've done before, you cashed in when others wouldn't think to.

Speaking of others, at least a few of them agree with me. Sunny, for instance, went to drastic means to increase posting. I can't find the thread, but she issued some sort of daily post challenge, then she retracted it as having horrible repercussions.

Not posting inane crap doesn't equal a random post popping up every hour or two.
I'm too lazy to look up the banner size limits, so I will display the tiniest one possible.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 03:01:23 PM)

Quote:
and this forum is not a substitute for better forms of interaction, online or otherwise.

It is for me. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 4 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 03:02:03 PM)

You missed the point completely.
Activity is good, I agree. I wish people posted more.
You still missed the point.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 5 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 03:07:26 PM)

I know you hate sukkit so you're purposely missing his point.

I'm pretty sure you don't hate me though, and I'm going to say the same thing. We aren't OD. We're older and for most of us we have other stuff to do on top of posting at INTL--it isn't our #1 priority, and that's okay. Those one or two posts an hour is enough for us since we aren't all on INTL 24/7.

e: except for drah
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
Dong Kollector Jax
INTL Dick Twisters

Reply 6 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 03:30:51 PM)

As I said, it seems you missed my point, also, so if you can listen for a moment without exploding into some liberal tangent, I'll repeat it. If my post didn't address your point, that would necessitate your post not addressing mine, since the subject at hand is activity on the forums. I will never post in that shithole of a forum you own until someone gets the guts to abort the malformed fetus in the womb of these miscreants that is your moderation. So we'll debate here, you deranged son of a bitch.

In the first paragraph, I was using a joke as a device to portray my point while amusing anyone remotely like-minded enough, which apparently doesn't include you, you shitless motherfucker. The sole serious message of the first paragraph was that, a few days ago, the forums were active. A day after that, they were active. Now, they're not, which bothers me.

The point of the second paragraph was that I once considered OD less active than INTL, but now it's clearly more. I'm using it as a measuring stick, while saying nothing about its forum culture or level of maturity. How you brought that into the fold and made your pot with your marijuana-shriveled brain is beyond me.

My final complete paragraph expressed the idea that there must be a downward trend in posting based on the difference I've observed. And I offered a simple solution without analyzing that trend: posting.

I hope that spider I sent crawls up your ass and wades through mountains of fecified paella and tortilla de patatas, only to lay eggs in your intestines.

This reply was last edited on 02-24-09 03:49:02 PM by Dong Kollector Jax.
Dong Kollector Jax
INTL Dick Twisters

Reply 7 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 03:32:37 PM)

(Just kidding on all the mean stuff, but the points in paragraphs 2-4 are serious.)

This reply was last edited on 02-24-09 03:50:01 PM by Dong Kollector Jax.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 8 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 04:01:03 PM)

guess who can't make a new thread for a week or so?
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Dong Kollector Jax
INTL Dick Twisters

Reply 9 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 04:05:38 PM)

Sukkit can't!

Thanks so much, man.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 10 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 05:07:20 PM)

INTL and OD are both inactive, with ups and downs depending on what the topics are, and whether or not there are any new and interesting topics. Forumers are around on a daily basis - even if they have to work for most of the day. Most just tend to lurk until they find a topic that they haven't already responded to, and want to respond to.

There will be periods of stagnation for both forums. This last day or so has been a bit low, partly because there are few new compelling topics, but also (and I think primarily) because the server has been having issues, and the forum has been literally slow. It will pick up sooner than later.

Quote:
Speaking of others, at least a few of them agree with me. Sunny, for instance, went to drastic means to increase posting. I can't find the thread, but she issued some sort of daily post challenge, then she retracted it as having horrible repercussions.

I want activity just like the next person; only that it is qualitative activity that matters. If it became a choice between increasing activity equivalent to spam or less activity with quality, then the obvious choice is the latter.
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 11 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-24-09 05:40:08 PM)

You've made over 200 posts in less then a month, I don't think you have any concept of what's active or inactive.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 12 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-25-09 09:18:14 AM)

hey foundmissing, stop posting
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 13 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-25-09 01:21:22 PM)

Admins, I need a favor.

Can you make it so that FM can only post in Rejection Station?

Thanks
www.nickolati.blogspot.com
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 14 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-25-09 03:35:18 PM)

It's times like these that I truly regret creating INTL.
Dong Kollector Jax
INTL Dick Twisters

Reply 15 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-25-09 04:12:03 PM)

I'll regret this thread in a few years, too. I'll look back on it as a prime example of how immature I once was.

Right now, it's awesome, though!
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 16 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-26-09 08:17:50 PM)

don't worry about sukkit....he's basically the INTL troll
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 17 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-26-09 08:19:48 PM)

Quote:
In the first paragraph, I was using a joke as a device to portray my point while amusing anyone remotely like-minded enough, which apparently doesn't include you, you shitless motherfucker.

And you were dead on about that. Sukkit doesn't have ANY shit anymore.

PS - two posts in a row. My bad, but I didn't want to edit my post
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 18 of 50 (Originally posted on: 02-26-09 09:10:45 PM)

Quoted from take it sleazy:

yes, and wheezy too

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 19 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-01-09 09:30:53 AM)

Quoted from STFU, biatch:
Quoted from take it sleazy:

yes, and wheezy too
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 20 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-01-09 03:13:36 PM)

Are you guys kidding? With the posts that place is netting we need everything that can be had. Someone start sucking FM's e-cock. I nominate Byron for this sacrifice!
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 21 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-01-09 08:37:40 PM)

fm is saving intl
with his posts
they are so good
they are our manna in this posting wilderness
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 22 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-02-09 04:35:55 PM)

3ms, only you can prevent forum fires.
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 23 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-02-09 05:02:34 PM)

get out of RS
actually its shitty right now so just go hog wild i guess
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 24 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-02-09 05:06:29 PM)

Ah, 3ms. You should be more active, it is good to see you around.

Mmm... chat time later tonight.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3568 | Total Posts: 50 ]