Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Why is the rum always gone?! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 7812 | Total Posts: 111 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Ballkicks: (+27 / -24)
Reg. Date: Apr 2008
(Originally posted on: 02-02-09 11:22:09 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I'm a poor college student, and i cant buy alcohol legally yet, so me and my roommate are making our own.

were using 2, 1 gallon jugs of lemonade
sugar
yeast
balloon (to let gas escape)

Anyone done this before? supposedly im going to get like 9% alcohol.

who wants to wager if it works or not

Your thoughts X here.
And you know when I'm down to my socks...what time it is..It's buisness time.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 1 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-02-09 11:29:11 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

At least this skill will give you leverage in prison.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 2 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-02-09 11:51:19 PM)

Post pics of the process and a review of the homemade hooch.

This also reminds me of how I've been sober for a month now. That's the longest I've been sober for the past 6 months.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 3 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 12:53:17 AM)

Congratulation snook, how long have you been in AA for, don't you get some sort of party for lasting that long? i made this smiley for lbh's birthday
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 4 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:08:56 AM)

I wish. I want some drink.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 5 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:37:21 AM)

No alcohol at this party buddy. You should tell us about hitting rock bottom.

seventhlight, it's gonna taste like shit. You should direct your efforts towards buying alcohol instead. A great money saving tip is to alternate your drinks with little bumps of K, after 3 drinks you'll be off your face.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 6 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 06:08:34 AM)

Why don't you just grow some testicles and start your own meth lab so you can buy booze legally? You might even solve your problem of being poor, too, but not of being low class.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 7 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 06:48:19 AM)

Quote:
You'll still be low class...

Yeah. To fix that you have to go on a string of violent rampages to edge out the other meth producers in your area. Starting a gang usually helps.

I suggest using Saints Row or GTA San Andreas for research in how to accomplish this succesfully. learn u some stuff ok??

A serious note: Watch out for methanol. It will exist in certain amounts in any home-made alcohol not produced exclusively from one fruit. I don't know why that is or what the mechanism is. Hell, I could be wrong about the one-fruit thing, but it's a serious concern. You need testing equipment to check for it, and if you drink too much, you can go blind.

You can add extra sugar to fortify your product (I.E. Make more alcohol), but if you don't buy the right yeast (Yeast that has been cultured to survive above a certain alcohol content), you're not going to get much of a percentage of alcohol even with extra sugar.

Also, fermentation is an incredibly aromatic experience. You don't want to be doing this in your dorm room closet unless you want to smell like rotting fruit for the next few years.

Finally, unless you set up a distill of some kind, this is going to be both unsafe and un-fucking-drinkable. It's going to taste like someone shat a lemon. That's just too acidic a product to start with (lemonade.)

You should probably switch to grape juice.

IF you don't go blind, let me know how this turned out. I'm planning to ferment about 60 pounds of honey mixed with springwater and make mead from a viking recipe an old norse scholar recently translated. I've already got the carbomer jugs to start the fermentation, and permission to use a neighbors barn. I'm using a water tray and hoses to let the gas escape without allowing oxygen in. (Oxygen=Vinnegar)

One of the local winemakers that went out of business gave me some of their testing equipment. A friend is going to show me how to use it.

Has anyone else ever attempted to produce their own alcohol?
"All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." -IF Stone
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 8 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 06:55:15 AM)

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?threadid=27531

Though this one already got more action. big grin
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 9 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 06:57:06 AM)

It's a common misconception that there will be methanol in home-made alcohol. In reality, you will only get methanol if you ferment it with wood. That said, please don't do this with lemonade, as previously stated it's far too acidic to actually get anything worth drinking out of the whole ordeal. I'm going to recommend either pear juice or apple juice, as they have more sugar to ferment. I realize that you're planning on adding sugar to it, but trust me when I say it will come out tasting terrible.
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Reply 10 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 07:54:47 AM)

Quoted from vislet:
Why don't you just grow some testicles and start your own meth lab so you can buy booze legally? You might even solve your problem of being poor, too, but not of being low class.

who ever said i was of low class? I'm just in college and i have to pay for a bunch of shit. I guess we can't all be communist/class labeling hypocrites like you vissario.

Plus my testicles have dropped far enough to not be afraid of posting my picture for people to see. I got over that fear in like 2nd grade.

I will take some pics later today, but i have to head to class now.

also applejuice next time. we bought the lemonade because it was the biggest container we could find. im sure it wont taste amazing, but it will have alcohol.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 07:56:50 AM)

He's posted his pic btw.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 12 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 08:02:36 AM)

Quote:
who ever said i was of low class?

Since you have already posted your picture, seventhlight, someone in the audience should do us the favor of photoshopping your face onto this man's censored face and then force it as your neu avatar. Yes, that would be delightful!
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 13 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 11:54:59 AM)

just get someone else to buy it for you sheesh
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Reply 14 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 12:49:10 PM)

someone should do me a favor and rearrange your face vissario. you're really pissing me off. It would be delightful if i could do it myself! Funny how you pussied out when your roommates starting posted info about you...Embarrased about something? Grow some testicles. By the way, Nice hairdo d-bag. I really like the ace ventura look on you.

Agreed, Tazzo. I do when i can, but it rarely ever works out so smoothly. I like to get my drink on at certain weekends, and most of the time people are too lazy to do it for me.
Tazzo

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Reply 15 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 12:53:35 PM)

get a few bottles of cheap rum at once and stock up on mixers PROBLEM SOLVED
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Reply 16 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:14:31 PM)

i'll probably do that in the future... but i might as well finish this, i mean its already about 6 days into the process

Here it is. the inflated balloon lets co2 escape while preventing oxygen from ruining the process. But that means that alcohol is in fact being created right now. Plus if i freeze it and drain the alcohol off, i could get around 20% concentrated alcohol. For a grand total of $1.25

Tazzo

Reply 17 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:21:41 PM)

whatever either way i gave you +k for the ace venture remark
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Reply 18 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:23:06 PM)

lol isnt' it true though big grin. by the way thanks for the k
This reply was last edited on 02-03-09 01:31:41 PM by jackattack.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 19 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:24:18 PM)

This reminds me of when some friends and I tried to make some apple cider. It actually tasted pretty good, but had a very low proof (10, MAYBE 15.)
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 20 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:30:33 PM)

Woah a Pirates and an Ace Ventura reference?? (top o' the line pop culture itt)
Also, try jhenkem. It does way more to you.
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Reply 21 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:43:13 PM)

i'll pass on the shit huffing. You could suggest it to vissario though.

by the way is snook really in AA?
Tazzo

Reply 22 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:45:54 PM)

jhenkem is some pretty great shit see what i did there oh god;
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Reply 23 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 01:48:00 PM)

pun intended.
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 24 of 111 (Originally posted on: 02-03-09 02:02:41 PM)

Holy Shit! Anti-comedy!

No but really, jhenkem gives you nearly full auditory and visual hallucinations. Mmmmmm methane.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7812 | Total Posts: 111 ]