Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > What the Fucking Fuckity fuck!? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1287 | Total Posts: 19 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

(Originally posted on: 01-20-09 12:06:33 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Today was better than most days to me; school has finally started, I am looking forward to some possible events in the future, and it is a bright and sunny day. But then, out of the blue, I am reminded to expect the worse from fast joints and I honestly shouldn't be surprised by being let down by yet another, but this time it is a true fucking low: they lost my fucking credit card.

I'm pulling into the drive-thru, I roll down the window, and I shout four times that I want "THREE BEAN BURRITOS" in the loudest civil voice I know. I am finally told to pull up and out goes my card to the cashier and back comes a brown sack with the reassuring words "your card is in the bag with your receipt". I instantly smell a rat and park my car half-way out the drive and start rummaging through the sack for my card. BUT IT'S NOT THERE. But to insult my intelligence a little further, the cashier then says that it probably got folded up in the napkins. Amazed, but hoping that to be true, I unfurl all of them and don't see the golden sheen of my card glistening. I am angry at this point and pull into opposing traffic to make a u-turn back into the parking lot.

Unluckily for them, no one hits me and I storm in there demanding to know what happened to my card. In the back I can hear big momma' yelling to her boss that she gave me my card and I can see him stumbling my way with a frown on his face knowing he is going to have to calm another angry customer. I try to tone my now booming voice down and he gives me the corporate line "are you sure its not in your car". I yell back 'YES' and feel again insulted for being accused of not having already thrown all of the stuff in my front seat around in search for the card. He repeats his line, though, and tells me that the card is most definately not in the back and it isn't on the ground of the drive-thru. By now, I am so pissed off that I storm out the door as I'm calling WaMu or Chase or whatever new fucking bank "merged" with it in the past few months. This is fucking rediculous and now, three hours after the fact, I am still livid with the anger of having to write checks for every single fucking purchase I will make. And no, I don't trust debit cards because they have absolutely no fraud protection. It's going to take weeks for the corporate machine to print me a new one and I will have to manually change all of my charge accounts to the new card number. If they don't e-mail me back the new number, I am going to have a hell of a time explaining to the UT collection agency why they can't withdraw the next installment payment on my credit account. What the fuck is wrong when you can't even buy a fucking bean burrito without something potentially destroying your entire life?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 12:27:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Most fast food places here had to install card-readers at the register for the customers to use themselves, because when you give their employees your card they write down or take a cellphone photo of the numbers on it and use it to buy shit on the internet.
DRAHNIER
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 12:51:29 PM)

That's right, you are now part of the credit culture, the great devil of consumerism. Real men would pay with cash.

Anyways, I find it funny you would hold up a drive-thru line for a few cents but not for a credit card.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 3 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 01:01:08 PM)

This time I sympathize with you; this is a fuckup on a grand scale, and I'm sure you might be able to make a case against them for theft.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 4 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 01:02:10 PM)

Quoted from SciBrad:
Anyways, I find it funny you would hold up a drive-thru line for a few cents but not for a credit card.

Seriously. If someone ever tells you that your card is in the bag, you better check right then and there before driving away from the window.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 5 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 01:04:12 PM)

stop eating fast food bean burritos you dumbass, you live in Austin
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 6 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 01:59:00 PM)

So what restaurant was it?
lizardbreath

WARNING: Using acid (LSD) during pregnancy will result in mental giants such as myself!

Ballkicks: (+146 / -15)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 7 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 03:41:15 PM)

Just be happy that it was just a credit card, and considering they're already sending you out a new one, no one probably had the chance to make any charges on it. There are a lot worse things that could happen.

And it's kind of sad if you can't survive without a credit card.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 8 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 04:14:47 PM)

Should've gone to Chipotle
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 9 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 05:53:16 PM)

Next time carry more then 2 dollars on you at a time.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 10 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 05:56:55 PM)

post deleted
This reply was last edited on 01-21-09 04:47:36 AM by atlas sighed (at me).
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 11 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 08:47:13 PM)

I would've stayed right there in the window until I had my credit card and then refused to move until I got it. You shouldn't let this go so easily. Nearly all fast food joints have cameras trained on every register so the manager can easily check to see if the bitch took your card or whatever.
Nun: Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.
House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

Dr. House: Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.

Eve: Abortion is murder.
Dr. House: True. It's a life and you should end it.
Eve: Every life is sacred.
Dr. House: Come on. Talk to me. Don't quote me bumper stickers.
Eve: It's true.
Dr. House: It's meaningless.
Eve: It means that every life matters to God.
Dr. House: Not to me. Not to you. Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 12 of 19 (Originally posted on: 01-20-09 09:03:35 PM)

Quote:
Right, so then, when I lose it (cash), I can go on and show how manly men don't get reimbursed. Thanks for the advice, Sci Brad.

Anytime, I mean if you're going to take every word I say literally might as well do it for you too.

My point by the way remains: You held up a line for a few cents, yet didn't for a credit card, which many would and could argue is more important.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
This reply was last edited on 01-21-09 05:14:51 AM by Science Brad.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 13 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-18-09 05:50:47 PM)

Quoted from dirty_P:
Most fast food places here had to install card-readers at the register for the customers to use themselves, because when you give their employees your card they write down or take a cellphone photo of the numbers on it and use it to buy shit on the internet.

This is an easy problem to fix.

Your card probably has one of those CVV2 security codes on the back of it, which online retailers require in order to process a transaction. When you get the card, memorize the three digit code, then scrape it off with a knife. If you're feeling really paranoid, you can also scrape the phone number off the back.

The card is now useless without a reader.

Also, unless you do your banking at Mega$hit M0ney Bank of India, your debit card has fraud protection.
Don't worry there is 6.7 billion of us on the planet, someone wants to get penetrated by you.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 14 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-28-09 10:34:30 AM)

Quoted from Science Brad:
Quote:
Right, so then, when I lose it (cash), I can go on and show how manly men don't get reimbursed. Thanks for the advice, Sci Brad.

Anytime, I mean if you're going to take every word I say literally might as well do it for you too.

My point by the way remains: You held up a line for a few cents, yet didn't for a credit card, which many would and could argue is more important.

I did make a scene you moron. I made sure every single person waiting in line knew that they goofed up and lost my card.

Update: I finally got another card from Chase (not WaMu, blargh god damnit god damnit god damnit) and am irritated by that fact as well; they are stiffing me on the bonus points being rolled-over from my WaMu Gold MasterCard and have hiked up my interest rate an extra 1% without giving me one reason as to why. That kills me; not only did they gobble up my bank, but now they lied to me about keeping my quarterly points and are effectively charging me more money for my money. It's not that the latter really matters though, I always pay the bill off in full before its due, but still, the moxie!
This reply was last edited on 03-01-09 03:14:41 PM by atlas sighed (at me).
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 15 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-28-09 01:11:36 PM)

moxie*
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 16 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-28-09 03:33:17 PM)

That word sounds made up, twice.
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 17 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-01-09 08:40:44 PM)

Moxie is a real word "Harold Sakata". Expect some negative karma for that one!

Also I think he means "gall". I don't judge though.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 18 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-02-09 04:37:30 PM)

"The Moxie" is very similar to the name of a restaurant here, "Moxies." I can't help but think Vissario always would pay the bill there. Always.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 19 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-02-09 05:16:19 PM)

Quoted from Old Gregg:
"The Moxie" is very similar to the name of a restaurant here, "Moxies." I can't help but think Vissario always would pay the bill there. Always.

Used, abused, and on booze MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1287 | Total Posts: 19 ]