Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Oakland Riots (pictures) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 4686 | Total Posts: 80 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:02:08 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So on New Year's an unarmed man was killed by a BART Police Officer at an Oakland station. BART is the regional train lines in the bay area. It stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit. At least three people got the shooting on video. It was obviously excessive force as the subject was cooperating with the police and was in fact laying submissively belly down on the pavement when he was fatally shot in the back.

videos:

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/01/06/18559091.php

Anyway I went to a protest last week in Oakland that turned into a riot, here's what I wrote on another forum about it:

Quote:
so what happened was that there was a protest at the Fruitdale BART. it was pretty boring honestly and we were about to leave when we heard that some people had flipped a cop car at the lake merritt bart and were heading downtown, so we rode our bikes over there and checked it out

the crowd was stopped at 14th and Broadway in downtown Oakland with riot cops blocking two ways. it stayed like that for about an hour, but then the cops started advancing and pushing the crowd back

they were trying to intimidate everyone (doing a pretty good job tbh). what they would do would be to point at a guy, and then like 6 or 7 cops would break off from the main group and run into the crowd and grab the dude they pointed at and push/drag him behind the police line and arrest him. none of the people who i saw arrested seemed to have done anything different from what everyone was doing. i saw a girl get FUCKED UP by a billy club, it was pretty messed up

after they had dispersed the crowd into a bunch of different groups, people started burning cars and breaking windows, before that it was mostly limited to lighting trash cans on fire.

i really think that if the cops hadn't started freaking everyone out and attacking random people it probably wouldn't have gotten so violent

I took some pictures, but not a huge amount because I was fairly busy running from riot police, etc, but here are the ones I got:

thank you for reading my thread ID
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 1 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:06:10 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

You just rode into a riot on a bike?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 2 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:15:17 PM)

No, I was protesting and then I participated in a riot on a bike
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 3 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:52:08 PM)

he was black, he was bound to get shot by cops at some point.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

Reply 4 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:54:05 PM)

haha vissario part deux
User was warned for this post.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 5 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:58:27 PM)

Stop RSing up the goddamn thread.

Has anything occurred since the riot?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 6 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:58:37 PM)

I don't care how you rationalize retreating from this thread in shame, just do it without posting any more retarded shit, okay?
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 7 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 07:59:18 PM)

ok. but seriously what's your thread about?
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV

User was banned for this post.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 8 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 08:00:07 PM)

Quoted from Old Gregg:
Stop RSing up the goddamn thread.

Has anything occurred since the riot?

The officer resigned before he could be forced to explain himself. The BART internal police just concluded their internal "investigation" into the events but as of yet the officer has not been charged with anything.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 9 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 08:05:07 PM)

Why have there not been any more protests / riots towards that? Seems like a shit hole thing to do after the fact, especially in California.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 10 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 08:06:23 PM)

he's black
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 11 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 08:08:31 PM)

After the Rodney King riots, I wouldn't hold it passed them; black or no.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 12 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-12-09 08:20:08 PM)

The real riots will happen after the cop gets acquitted by an all-white jury from the Berkeley hills, don't worry.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 13 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 09:27:02 AM)

Wow, cool pics. Did you get arrested or anything?
It is company policy not to release this information.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 14 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 09:33:32 AM)

No, but apparently more than 120 people were arrested by morning, which is weird because there were only about 400 people or so and it didn't seem like they were grabbing that many people.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 15 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 01:06:28 PM)

I honestly can't say I am saddened that another random black person has been shot by 'the man'. How many of you can honestly say you are? Not many, I would suspect.

The reason for my antipathy or "racism" as some of you might describe it is in response to the antipathy or "racism" I see coming my way from the black population of this country. They don't care about me or my kind no more than they care for shutting the trap of BET or absurd mouthpieces in the radical community they happily foster. They raise their children to either be underperforming slackers or highly reactionary fascists hell-bent on criticizing every aspect of the society they live in as flawed and needing of immediate "reform" which, unsurprisingly, benefit themselves above everyone else. They play this race card to make idealistic young liberals like Ice feel sorry for them and their pathetic position in our society and demand that they give concessions for that reason.

Their agenda is one of racial preference for their own self-benefit, so why should I not do the same? It's probably because they don't think I should be right and that they and their supporters are the only ones who should be left.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 16 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 01:29:58 PM)

Quoted from President Elect:
I honestly can't say I am saddened that another random black person has been shot by 'the man'. How many of you can honestly say you are? Not many, I would suspect.

The reason for my antipathy or "racism" as some of you might describe it is in response to the antipathy or "racism" I see coming my way from the black population of this country. They don't care about me or my kind no more than they care for shutting the trap of BET or absurd mouthpieces in the radical community they happily foster. They raise their children to either be underperforming slackers or highly reactionary fascists hell-bent on criticizing every aspect of the society they live in as flawed and needing of immediate "reform" which, unsurprisingly, benefit themselves above everyone else. They play this race card to make idealistic young liberals like Ice feel sorry for them and their pathetic position in our society and demand that they give concessions for that reason.

Their agenda is one of racial preference for their own self-benefit, so why should I not do the same? It's probably because they don't think I should be right and that they and their supporters are the only ones who should be left.
cool
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

Reply 17 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 01:36:03 PM)

See, I just don't really care about anyone. If it was a white guy I wouldn't really care anyway.
I totally understand how this could be a race thing though.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 18 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 03:51:11 PM)

Since when do subway cops get guns?

The other day I saw a big protest near my house about the whole Gaza thing. I was tempted to lob bagels at them.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 19 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 04:39:36 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Since when do subway cops get guns?
This is America!
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 20 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 05:59:25 PM)

Is that car on fire in the last picture?

See that's the people I feel sorry for. Innocent civilians whose shops or cars are vandalized because a bunch of teenagers need an excuse to vent their pent-up hormonal energy. Maybe half of those people in the riot actually care about the poor bastard who got shot. The rest are just interested in causing havoc. Those damn pigs shot somebody! Let's torch a mini-mart! If they had any guts they'd march on the local precinct and burn it down. But no they're all real pussies at heart.
I'm the conjurer of demons,
I'm the father of your death.
I bring forth the ancient evil,
I control his every breath.
I instigate your misfortune,
With the birth of killing trolls.
I awaken armageddon,
Feeding on a thousand souls.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 21 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 06:10:07 PM)

Yeah a couple cars got burned.

It's an unfortunate side effect of riots that people's stuff gets fucked up. A lot of cars were messed up and only a smallish proportion of them were owned by the city.

However governments are extremely reluctant to move on social issues if there isn't significant public pressure for them to do so. Even if the only reason they end up prosecuting the officer is to stop riots, and the only reason officers in future decide not to kill unarmed people is because they're worried about the riots that will follow, maybe it's worth it.

Also, riot police are terrifying, and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to fight them, especially when the protest is about excessive use of force in the first place.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 22 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 06:22:42 PM)

Of course but my point was the anarchists who want to be radical and destructive. If you want to protest the system by being radical and destructive then why bother vandalizing the property of innocent people.
I'm the conjurer of demons,
I'm the father of your death.
I bring forth the ancient evil,
I control his every breath.
I instigate your misfortune,
With the birth of killing trolls.
I awaken armageddon,
Feeding on a thousand souls.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 23 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-13-09 09:53:20 PM)

What did Oakland Police Department do? Isn't the BART police force separate all together?
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 24 of 80 (Originally posted on: 01-14-09 12:37:55 AM)

Been alot of rioting here in Oslo the last week, in relation to demonstrations concerning the Gaza conflict.
Kinda surreal. Fucking douchebags....
The Big Deal
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4686 | Total Posts: 80 ]