Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Your Favorite Drinks (alcoholic) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2508 | Total Posts: 47 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-17-08 07:13:05 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Recently I've been experimenting with some of the more esoteric liqueurs and cocktails. Since I know many of you are alcoholics, what kind of drinks do you like? I debated putting this in the other alcohol thread, but figured that that one is more about alcohol as related to drunken debauchery. Think of this as the classier version.

Here's a drink that I've recently discovered to be quite good:

The Last Word

- 3/4 oz gin
- 3/4 oz Maraschino
- 3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
- 3/4 oz lime juice
Shake well until very cold, strain and serve. I use New Amsterdam gin and Luxardo Maraschino. The only downside to this drink is that it is a bit expensive to drink very regularly or to serve in significant quantities to guests.

So what drinks do you and your friends drink before you get to the point when you no longer care what the alcohol tastes like? Feel free to post favorite recipes.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like

This reply was last edited on 12-18-08 03:04:29 PM by emtilt.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 1 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-17-08 07:15:38 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Lately I've been a fan of red wine. Otherwise I'm a fan of drinks like those, but not too sweet. Appletinis are good.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 2 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-17-08 07:21:12 PM)

Wine is fun, too. I've recently started drinking it more with dinners and such, occasionally. The selection and variety of wines available is completely daunting to a non-expert, but it's fun having every bottle be a bit of a surprise.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 3 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-17-08 08:15:27 PM)

Generally I drink whiskey sours at bars and gin and tonics at home (I'm not that creative). recently I had a manhattan at a work party, I didn't like it that much though.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 4 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-17-08 09:11:12 PM)

Yeah I'm not very creative either. I typically drink whiskey and coke.
It is company policy not to release this information.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 5 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-17-08 09:54:37 PM)

Long Island Iced Tea

A popular version mixes equal parts vodka, gin, tequila, rum and triple sec with 1 1/2 parts sour mix and a splash of cola.

This is easily the best tasting, cost effective drunk in a bar setting.

At home I usually drink Jameson on the rocks. If I can afford it at the time of purchase, I like to splurge and get a bottle of Dimple Pinch or Glenfiddich scotch whiskey.
www.nickolati.blogspot.com
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 12:58:43 AM)

Anejo tequila on the rocks.

Either that or any bright-colored girly drink that has a bunch of sugar and fruit in it.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 7 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 12:32:58 PM)

Shirley Temple.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 12:38:18 PM)

I'm mostly a beer drinker, but when it comes to liqeur, for me, it's whisky or bust.

I'll accept any whisky based drink, although I'm particularly partial to the whisky sours. I'm a little bit picky on which whisky, though. Maybe subconsciously it's just the patriotism, but I grossly prefer canadian whiskies over tennesee/texas whiskies. I'm a huge Crown Royal fan. Crown royal is the sexiest drink known to man.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 9 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 12:43:09 PM)

Crown Royal gets you fucked up.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 10 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 02:08:43 PM)

I do not like green chartruese!

I'm not a fan of really strong tasting alcohol drinks. I used to be. I used to love the taste of booze. now I try to mask it a bit more. Drinks I like are:

Amaretto sours (sort of weak though)
Cherry vodka sour
Cherry vodka/ diet coke

Red wines:
Rioja
Pinot Noir
Cabernet Sauvignon
Tempranillo
Malbec

Whites:
Viognier
Chardonnay (sometimes)
Nothing too acidic or crisp (any suggestions?)

That's really all I drink these days.

I'm not an alcoholic anymore.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 11 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 02:23:40 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Crown Royal gets you fucked up.

in the best kinda way
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 12 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 02:36:15 PM)

Gin and Tonic, and Big Red(Cranberry Juice+Vodka).

Appletinis if I can get my hands on one.
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 13 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 03:01:35 PM)

If I'm out bar in Orlando has dollar shots of Rumple Minze on Wednesdays, otherwise double Rum (anything but Bacardi) and Coke.

If it's a house party or whatever I usually show up with Sailor Jerry's rum and Monster.

I've pretty much destroyed my ability to drink anything other than rum at this point, especially vodka.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 14 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 03:03:29 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:

Have you tried Yellow Chartreuse? I hear it's sweeter and milder, but no stores or bars around here have it, so I haven't been able to try it. Next time I'm in Tampa I'm gonna try one of the liquor stores in the rich South Tampa area and see if they have it.

Quote:
shots of Rumple Minze

That stuff is so pepperminty that I can barely swallow it.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 15 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-18-08 10:28:38 PM)

I haven't had many opportunities to get too creative, though i'd love to. I also haven't tried many of the popular 'drinks' either because they're so damn expensive at bars.

As far as hard liquor goes, i'm pretty much a rum man. Whiskey is good, but straight shots can be pretty rough. Vodka is only good insofar that it usually mixes well with mostly anything. Tequila is like rum but tends tickles my barf muscles. Thats all I really have enough experience with to have much of an opinion on. I'd like to try more regional liquors though.

Mixed drinks, like I said, I haven't really had the opportunity to try most of the classics. My safe bet is a rum and coke, and if possible, rum and cherry coke. And if possible, Bacardi 151 with cherry coke.

Pretty much every professionally made drink that i've tried tastes good though, unless it has a particular ingredient I don't like (banana, coffee).

Never really liked wines, though I've never really tried any 'fancy' wines. But the basic taste of them doesn't do much for me.

Beers. I used to hate beer, but i've worked myself pretty deep into them. My beer of choice would probably be Coors light. It's a pretty good beer to be a favorite, because it's usually at every party and always pretty cheap and often on special at bars.

I don't generally like very dark beers. They remind me of coffee, which I hate.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 16 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 01:29:11 AM)

Yea 151 is great. You don't need to drink more than a couple shots to get drunk.

Timesavin'

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 17 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 05:22:10 AM)

White Russian!

It's like Kahlua and milk and vodka, or something.
I don't know exactly.
Tastes like chocolate.

It's not like i actually make elaborate drinks for myself though, vodka and orange juice works fine.

And of course, beer.

Porter.
DRAHNIER
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 18 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 05:36:08 AM)

As far as beer goes, I'm a huge fan. I prefer IPAs, favorite is Hercules Double IPA.

greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 19 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 09:10:42 AM)

Quoted from emtilt:
Quoted from greenidentity:

Have you tried Yellow Chartreuse? I hear it's sweeter and milder, but no stores or bars around here have it, so I haven't been able to try it. Next time I'm in Tampa I'm gonna try one of the liquor stores in the rich South Tampa area and see if they have it.

Quote:
shots of Rumple Minze

That stuff is so pepperminty that I can barely swallow it.

I actually haven't tried the yellow variety. We do have it here, but I never buy it. I want to try it first and not waste the money.

I rarely drink beer, but I am somewhat of a beer snob. I won't drink "most" domestic beer (i don't like pisswater)except for some local brewed stuff around here. My favorite beer of all time is Belhaven, second is Mythos.

Quoted from Nemesis:
If I'm out bar in Orlando has dollar shots of Rumple Minze on Wednesdays

I used to love Rumpleminze. That shit makes me black out now. It's too fucking strong.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 20 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 09:18:36 AM)

i'll fuckin drink anything
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 21 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 09:22:16 AM)

Sparks is gonna be discontinued. How the hell am I supposed to get underaged girls drunk now?
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 22 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 09:42:38 AM)

Tilt.
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 23 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 08:30:14 PM)

Chopin, up, with a twist.

Beer. Usually something hoppy like Matilda. Or just a good ole Miller Lite will do.
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 24 of 47 (Originally posted on: 12-19-08 08:30:14 PM)

Chopin, up, with a twist.

Beer. Usually something hoppy like Matilda. Or just a good ole Miller Lite will do.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2508 | Total Posts: 47 ]