Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Share Your Infinite Wisdom > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2927 | Total Posts: 44 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-04-08 06:55:41 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Looking at the Post Your Photo thread has had me thinking. Most of you "kids" were 12-15 the last time I posted here. My! How you all have grown! I know that I've grown as a person a lot, a lot, a lot.

When I was 15 I thought I had it all figured out. When I was 20 I couldn't believe how stupid I was at 15 and figured that I finally had it all figured out. Now, I realize that I was stupid then, I'm stupid now and I'll be stupid until I die.

I've realized that I'm not as open-minded as I thought and that open-mindedness is not always such a great thing.

People that I thought would be in my life forever have gracefully or ungracefully exited and people I never dreamed would be my best buds have stuck through thick and thin. Life never ceases to amaze me and neither do I.

Name some of your greatest lessons learned and your biggest accomplishments/changes as a person.*

*That wasn't a demand, just a request.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 1 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 07:04:24 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Things I've learned over the years:

Trying to please others by compromising your own values is a quick way to feel miserable.

If you want something to happen, you have to actually do things to make it happen.

All lies will catch up with you somehow.

It's ok to say "no." <-- still learning this one

PS - Welcome back, Sarah. i'm a serial-killer :)
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 2 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 07:04:25 PM)

I don't have much to add, except that I think "most of us" were closer to 18 last time you posted. Some, like me, were probably 15 yes. But that's besides the point.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
dramamine
INTL Premium Member

Travelling, swallowing,

Reply 3 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 07:17:01 PM)

You can't make people who you want them to be. You can only accept them for who they are. If you don't like it, then you don't like them.

I'm the only one I have at the end of the day. Yes, I can talk to others and care about others but what others think of me or do is no concern to me. I am the most important person to me. I can live with or without anyone. I am the star of my show. And probably most of yours too.

Thanks Zips. Long time no...anything. i'm a serial-killer :)
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 07:29:14 PM)

Having a few good friends is more rewarding than have a busload of "Oh hey bro" friends.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Wiki
User is currently banned until further notice.

I mean,

Reply 5 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 07:44:24 PM)

I was irritating as hell and suicidal. I needed help, and I needed help badly. I had been in therapy my whole life having been struck with severe mental illness which first started producing noticeable adverse effects in my life at the bizarrely early time of around 3rd grade. Around the age of 19 something changed in the chemical mechanics of my brain that I cannot really explain, but it was if suddenly everything had changed completely. I was done searching for who I was. I for the most part then understood who I was and what made me happy in life. I realized that I needed to stop trying to be "normal" or be like "everyone else." I am just not like everyone else, I am very different, but that is just fine, and people will still accept me regardless. I realized I was simply a unique individual, and that even though I still had problems, every day became an opportunity to work on those issues rather than let them hold me back.

No, I can't put my finger on exactly what happened or exactly what inspired the change, whether it was I was switched to more effective medication, or if I just simply approached life in a different way and viewed things in a better perspective, or a combination of the two. But I can tell you for sure, I've been in my own personal hell before for years at a time. If something is going to stop me from succeeding in life at this point, I would certainly hope it presents a stronger force than the devil can muster.

Obligatory "Benjee post tl;dr"

Once I was crazy in a terrible, depressing, and sad way.
Now I am just crazy in ways that are totally awesome.
dramamine
INTL Premium Member

Travelling, swallowing,

Reply 6 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 08:12:39 PM)

Benjee: Everyone is fucked up and no one is "normal" and there is no "everyone else". When people are alone...well, everyone is weird or crazy (whichever you prefer). Seriously, the human brain is too complex for everyone to be normal. Good for you for being cool with whatever you have going on in there. I can personally say that it's hard to except not only who you are and who you want to be but also how your brain works. Word!

I've learned that the grass is definitely always greener on the other side. ALWAYS! Unfortunately, you are never on the greenest side.

Life is like a box of chocolates...
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 7 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 08:56:31 PM)

Don't do what will make everyone else happy, do what makes you happy.
The hardest pill to swallow is usually the one you need the most.
Get professionally measured for a bra. (No, srsly.)
Always have a way home.
Quoted from zip:
It's ok to say "no." <-- still learning this one

Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 8 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 10:53:49 PM)

More people want to see you fail than succeed. The world is a disgusting, competitive, and depressing place.

I am me, and it is all I will ever be. I should not ever sacrifice what I believe in to suit others.

I am a good judge of character, and I should trust my instincts rather than giving people the benefit of the doubt.
www.nickolati.blogspot.com
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 9 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 11:09:45 PM)

Everything is beautiful. This is my greatest lesson learned.

Most everything you need to know about life can be found in Don Quixote and The Brothers Karamazov and Fanny and Alexander.

Regrets more often stem from inaction than action.

It never pays to be an intellectual coward.

I went through most of the changes dramamine mentioned. Repeatedly thinking I had it all figured out, then realizing I was a dumb kid. Now I know I'm a dumb kid. People that I thought would always be close to me are no longer, and other people have become important to me out of nowhere. I still have many of my shortcomings, but I'm more conscious of them in a I'm-working-on-that sort of way.

Also, don't be afraid to sing. Or to dance. Or to do anything musical, even if you have no idea what you're doing, because you're no worse than the greatest musicians ever.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like

This reply was last edited on 12-04-08 11:17:56 PM by emtilt.
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 10 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 12:06:47 AM)

The road less traveled results in one hell of a ride. Make sure to not give to the pressure's of society to try and make it big. Live life the way you want to.
I Cant Skat3: Well, I may be stupid. I'll let others decide that.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 11 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 07:21:55 AM)

Whatever will be, will be. Raging against things which I cannot change wastes my time and energy and leaves me only dissatisfied and depressed.

The past is the past. Wishing it were different will get me nowhere. The moment I can be comfortable with what has happened I can start working on my future.

It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all.
I'm the conjurer of demons,
I'm the father of your death.
I bring forth the ancient evil,
I control his every breath.
I instigate your misfortune,
With the birth of killing trolls.
I awaken armageddon,
Feeding on a thousand souls.
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 12 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 04:03:19 PM)

Talk less and do more.
And if you are not doing anything, just enjoy yourself.
You are nothing more than a gray office employee right now.
People pay you to keep them alive, it doesn't matter if they deserve it or not.
Always be nice to nurses.
Despair came knocking at my door
and I let her in.
For a while.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 13 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 04:08:07 PM)

undergarments are overrated.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 14 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 04:10:15 PM)

bitches ain't shit
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 15 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 04:23:48 PM)

Pretty much always in a flux of looking back one year and saying, "wow, I was an idiot back then." It's a good thing though, having a reminder of your own stupidity is better than having no retrospect and continuing on a path of ignorance. I've come to terms with pretty much being a stubborn and cocky asshole for the most part, but over the years I've tried to curb that mentality, because it's only led to additional misery, disappointment, and regret.

Through it all though, I'd say that my infinite wisdom would be that it's better to just shut the fuck up when you don't know what you're talking about than to pretend you do and end saying something you didn't even necessarily mean and can't take back.

Also, bitches ain't shit.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 16 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 09:20:22 PM)

I've got so much to learn, I am not sure of anything,

We are not separate from the world. I don't think people are unique. Any difference that is perceived from one thing to another is topical and not fully informed. Still, these perceived differences are perceived for a reason, to help you find yours...
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 09:56:55 PM)

Things are not always black and white. Pay attention to the grey areas, as the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Personal worth comes from within and not accomplishments, or external things.

What is right for you isn't right for anyone else.

Prove yourself to yourself.

Men are really simple.

Where the hell have you been dramamine???
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 18 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 10:25:25 PM)

Quote:
Men are really simple.

Um.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
greenidentity

Reply 19 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 11:23:56 PM)

Well, they are.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 20 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 11:26:03 PM)

Quote:
Things are not always black and white.
Um.
greenidentity

Reply 21 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 11:30:14 PM)

What?
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 22 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-05-08 11:39:14 PM)

That's what I thought.
dramamine
INTL Premium Member

Travelling, swallowing,

Reply 23 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-06-08 11:31:37 AM)

Snap! You got told, girl.

Also, I've been stalking you and couldn't find a hot spot where I could still look into your home.
greenidentity

Reply 24 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-06-08 12:08:38 PM)

Quoted from dramamine:
Snap! You got told, girl.

Also, I've been stalking you and couldn't find a hot spot where I could still look into your home.

I think that was more like a basic internet mis-communication--neither of our intentions/ obscure humor hit home. It happens.

Ah, so we aren't privy to any personal info! Why the long hiatus? Oh well..regardless it's good to see you back!
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2927 | Total Posts: 44 ]