Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Tattoos & Piercings > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2375 | Total Posts: 46 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-03-08 04:36:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Do you have any? Post pictures, explain them, spout your disgust for them, etc...

Personally, I love them. I have two tattoos and plan on more. It is true that that can be addicting.

Piercings on the other hand I cannot do. Something about actually puncturing the skin is too much for me to handle.

I will post pictures when I have time and see that there is some interest in this thread.

Hip, hip...
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 04:58:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

i cringe when i see that miami ink shit, and the people are like "yeah, i was in iraq, so i'll have thus huge fucking bald eagle, cause i'm a soldier and i was in iraq"

any tatoo besides aestetik appeal is very hard for me to understand...

like, shit like "i got a tatto of my childrens names" what the fuck, are you gonna forget them, if it ain't written on your arm?

People want to parade their personal sorrows, which for me is over the top tasteless
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 05:02:31 PM)

I'd have a tattoo or two if they weren't so expensive.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 3 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 05:31:12 PM)

Don't have them, don't like them.

I don't like tatoos on girls, not to sound like a fruit, but it ruins their bodies. They're almost tacky, like painting flames on the side of a car.

Piercings aren't my thing either. Just cause it creeps me out. I even find earrings kinda gross but they're so standard I can't say anything about them.

I once got into a discussion about tattoos with a couple friends, they agreed they wouldn't get a tattoo unless something important happened to them, like a friend died. I thought that was dumb and told them that if I ever died, I wouldn't want them to get a tattoo to commemorate me or anything like that. They argued that they wouldn't really be getting it to commemorate their dead friend, but only because they really actually want a tattoo, but wouldn't feel right getting one unless they had something important to explain it when people asked. Though I think thats dumb, I accept the logic and told them if I died they could use me an excuse for tattoos, 'cause hey it'll make them happy why not. (note: this wasn't that serious of a conversation)
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reply 4 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 05:31:32 PM)

Never gonna get one, cause if you do then you're marked!
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, verm÷gen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darŘber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 5 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 05:38:11 PM)

I want one, but I haven't seen one that i'd want to have, and I can't really think of one I'd want to have either. So I guess I'm stuck until I can think of one.

I'd get an eyebrow piercing just for fun, but I feel too old for that now and I wouldn't really actually want to wear something on my eyebrow, so no for that too.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 6 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 06:05:05 PM)

I have my ears pierced, but that's it. I barely wear earrings as it is so it wouldn't make sense to pierce anything else. The only thing I'd consider getting tattooed is my name in Arabic, but I'll probably never do it because I'd regret it soon after.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 7 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 06:22:54 PM)

I am at work right now and can't supply photos, but I have a few of each.

My ears are 3/4 and have stainless steel flesh tunnels in them. I have my labret pierced, as well as two hoops on the upper part of my ears.

As far as tattoos, I have several. I have two Salvador Dali pieces on my left forearm, a melting lightbulb on my left wrist, a star on the right wrist, and a reversible image that says Life/Death on my right forearm.
www.nickolati.blogspot.com
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 8 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 07:39:31 PM)

I don't like tattoos or piercings, for myself or on others. I find them very unattractive on girls. I'm not even a fan of ear piercings, but prevalence makes them tolerable.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 9 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 08:12:36 PM)

The extreme trendiness of tattoos and piercings completely turns me off to them. At this point, not having either makes more of a statement than actually having them.

I can tolerate piercings more than tattoos, since they are temporary by nature. Tattoos on the other hand kinda bug me since it's a bit of a leap of faith to permanently mark yourself for the rest of your life with something that may be insignificant, regretful, and/or just completely ugly ten years from now, if not a year or sooner. Short of minor religious tattoos or maybe a child's name, I don't see much use or reason for tattoos.

Frankly, I don't care what people do, but for myself, I don't ever see myself getting a tattoo or a piercing. I certainly don't find tattoos and piercings particularly attractive either, but that's my own problem.

This does remind me of an awesome Whitest Kids U Know skit:

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 10 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 08:35:59 PM)

A friend of mine got this tattoo on her back that she probably wouldn't appreciate being posted on the internet.

But I haven't seen her in like 5 years.

"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 11 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 08:51:55 PM)

1. Tattoos are art
2. You only live once (a blink of the eye really) and by the time my beautiful works of art become unrecognizable blobs of color I will be too old for anyone to find me sexually attractive anyway. That Tweety bird on your shoulder rots away just like the rest of your skin so why not decorate like a magical Christmas tree while you're here on Earth?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 12 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 11:02:47 PM)

Quoted from dramamine:
I will be too old for anyone to find me sexually attractive anyway

Girl you know there are dudes and chicks out there who are hot for the wrinkles.
I have no piercings and no tattoos, but have been considering one of the latter for a long time. The main thing stopping me is that I'm afraid
Quoted from Zippo:
I'd regret it soon after.

Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 13 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 12:12:47 AM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ni5CMCkUu0
Ok, as dumb as that sounds, thats a sweet tattoo. It will never cease being dumb, and I could get that as my second tattoo, but... I was about to ask, "is it sad that the more that skit went on the more I liked the idea of his tatto?" and the answer is yes, yes it is sad. I think I will get a tattoo once I'm set in life.

Quoted from Ztolk:
A friend of mine got this tattoo on her back that she probably wouldn't appreciate being posted on the internet
I knew this girl that had absolutely beautiful wings tattooed on her back. I'm not a big fan of girls in general putting shit on their body, especially my ex girlfriend who got her fucking name tattooed on her ankle, can we all agree thats fucking retarded??? Please??? Pretty Please? cuz really, it was her nickname, but everyone called her it that it might as well be her name, and she got it her on her fucking ankle/calf. How fucking vain, omg, omg omg omg, how fucking vain can you get, can we please all agree on that, for my sake, no matter how much you like to disagree and make internet peopel feel like shit, can this be the one thing we all agree on. I think its time for a paragraph.

Quoted from dramamine:
1. Tattoos are art
2. You only live once (a blink of the eye really) and by the time my beautiful works of art become unrecognizable blobs of color I will be too old for anyone to find me sexually attractive anyway. That Tweety bird on your shoulder rots away just like the rest of your skin so why not decorate like a magical Christmas tree while you're here on Earth?
[qp=593021,dramamine]I agree. It depends on your art prefrence, but no matter what that is, they are art first. And I say that as a person who loves but hates hippies. I think I'm half one. Anyway, just thinking now, I have never considered works of art as inspiration for a tattoo, so that might open up something for me thank you. I want my tattoo to be something that I care about and something that makes me.... really feel something, what ever that feeling is. There isn't many things that make me really feel deeply like a good Dylan song... ... really that song is spiritual for me. There are so many ways you can interpret that song that you have to identify with it. If you dont, then talk to me and I will explain why you should and you will be glad I did. But really If I can combine one of my favorite works of art with this song into a tattoo, I would get it in a second. This song, and especially this version of this song is beyond explanation and reason, its horrifying and brilliant. If I could combine the two in tattoo form I would. I wish I could.
This reply was last edited on 12-04-08 12:24:36 AM by Hoff.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 14 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 12:46:40 AM)

Right now I have three tattoos, maybe it's just the type of people I associate with, but it's pretty shocking for me to see some of you being so strictly against tattoos.

Basically, tattoos to me are just something to do; I'm so worried about all of the other consequences in my life, it's one permanent thing that I can do to myself with little consequence - I don't plan on getting very readily visible tattoos until I know that I have a career in which that won't be a problem. I really don't care what I'll look like when I'm older, as I'm sure there'll be plenty of things that I don't like about my body by that time.

I don't really care about meaning behind tattoos, beyond their aesthetic value - despite one of my tattoos being dedicated to my mother and another that I got as a piece with a friend when she was back in town. I'm also not really a flashy color-bomb sorta guy - prefer american traditional tattooing.

Personally, I think that girls with tattoos are just regular girls with stuff on their bodies. Depending on the style of tattoos, it can increase/decrease my desire to ravage them sexually.

The skit was a little drawn out, but funny because of all of the tattoos people get that they regret that show up on the internet.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 15 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 12:50:17 AM)

I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but I don't have anything against them and I like how some of them look. Oh wait, I hate those folks who get Gaelic tattoos even though they don't even know how to pronounce it.

I like piercings. I had a nose piercing some 4 years ago and I still think nose rings look awesome. I had to have it removed for my back surgery, and by the time I got out of hospital the hole had healed and I never bothered to get it done again, but I'd have liked to. However, I dislike upper lip studs with a passion.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Kitabatake

2efficient4spacebar

Reply 16 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 01:21:46 AM)

shitty cellphone uploads:

I had to fuck the contrast/brightness up on this one since my room is so dark:

you guys get the idea, anyway.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 17 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 06:29:17 AM)

Quoted from dramamine:
1. Tattoos are art

What does this "art" represent?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reply 18 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 07:06:17 AM)

Quote:
Short of minor religious tattoos or maybe a child's name, I don't see much use or reason for tattoos.

Those are the most moronic, really, again i ask, why the fuck do you need a tatoo of your childs name, are you going to forget it? cause than you are an asshole

Do you need a tatoo to commemorate your dead friend, man, you remember the dead friend in your THOUGHTS, not on some inky shit, trying to give yourself an edge when in the clubs
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 19 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 08:56:08 AM)

Quoted from Sixten Sparre:
Quote:
Short of minor religious tattoos or maybe a child's name, I don't see much use or reason for tattoos.

Those are the most moronic, really, again i ask, why the fuck do you need a tatoo of your childs name, are you going to forget it? cause than you are an asshole

Do you need a tatoo to commemorate your dead friend, man, you remember the dead friend in your THOUGHTS, not on some inky shit, trying to give yourself an edge when in the clubs
I was implying that those are the kinds of tattoos that you're not likely to soon regret or change your mind about whether or not they apply or are an important part of your life. Most people who get those kinds of tattoos do so as a tribute, not as a reminder.

If you can find meaning behind a tattoo whether it be through art or as a means of exerting some form of control, as long as you're happy with them, I'm happy that you have a way to express yourself constructively. And as long as your reasoning is sincere and not simply just a rationalization to justify your actions, I have no issues with it. But for every person that gets a tattoo for arguably legitimate reasons, there are twenty people who get tattoos just cuz. It's these kinds of people that give tattoos a bad name.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 20 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 09:27:01 AM)

If I ever got a tattoo it'd probly be something atrociously nerdy. Like, these:

on either shoulder or something.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Kitabatake

2efficient4spacebar

Reply 21 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 09:42:31 AM)

yeah but if you got caught by either side you'd be dead
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 22 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 09:46:57 AM)

This is my only tattoo.

Nerdy, yes...but awesome.

It also serves as a reminder that if I fuck up or some such I can always try again or start over.

And it will make my death nothing but ironic.

I also have a tongue piercing. I enjoy it.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 23 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 10:23:28 AM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
yeah but if you got caught by either side you'd be dead

Nonsense, I'd just say I was a defector.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 24 of 46 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 11:38:36 AM)

I enjoy the tattoos (two) that I have. There is meaning to them, but I mainly got them because I wanted something to demarcate me as different, when in the career I have chosen people are enforced to be uniform.

I plan on getting a third, I'm just looking for another artist I trust, given that the one who did my previous two has moved away.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2375 | Total Posts: 46 ]