Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > God Damn you McDonald's! God damn you to hell! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 4979 | Total Posts: 100 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

(Originally posted on: 12-03-08 06:18:34 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Normally, when a fast-food joint angers me, I tend to brush it off as the consequence of hiring so many disaffected teenagers and unmotivated adults who act like teenagers, but this last time was the final straw.

This all began when, after done with Span 2311, I decided to pick up two double-cheese burgers on my way back to my wonderful apartment and wonderful group of roommates who were surely passed out on the couch from one-too-many drinks or joints. I hate cooking in that place because of their sloth and filth so much that I willingly spend the $2.14 it costs for two burgers. A normal day, for sure. At the counter, however, as I pulled out my credit card to pay for the purchase, something in me let out an exasperated ôWTF?ö when the pimple-faced cashier announced that my bill was $2.76. Enraged, I pointed to the board above her head and showed her that the burger was advertised for $1.00. To which she replied ôWe changed the price this morning, so itĺs still $1.29ö. I asked to see a manager and she gave me the same line that despite their false advertising, I still owed their company $2.76 for two fucking hamburgers that were barely worth the dollar I usually pay.

But maybe youĺre asking yourself ôGee, Vissario, itĺs only $.29.ö Though that is right, there are two problems here; one, I wasnĺt informed that the price hike was made until after I was set up to purchase the hamburgers and, two, none of the managers seemed to understand that their company through their own sloth had lied to me about the price. LIED TO ME. It would be like my stock broker, right before he took the commission out of the money I gave him to invest, decided that he would raise it by 29% from 5.5% to around 7%. They lied to me, but worse, they didnĺt even find the need to apologize about it until after I pointed it out to them in front of the long line of customers backing up behind me. That felt good; fucking up their productivity for the sake of reprimanding them on their bad franchise.

I have made an oath on my honor to never again visit any McDonaldĺs in either this country or another until they decide to send me a letter apologizing for hiring such a group of lazy, deceitful, and arrogant employees incapable of recognizing when and where they goof up on things so basic to any business. Please, share with me either your hate of McDonaldĺs or the modern franchise system in this country.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 08:10:31 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

hey, people make mistakes man
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 08:23:42 AM)

my biggest problem with mcdonald's is how they are trying to revamp the mcdonald's brand by upgrading the atmosphere in their store. right near my apartment building there is a mcdonalds that has mahogany paneling on the walls, leather couches and chairs, a marble "M" on the lobby floor, and two (2) wood burning fireplaces placed throughout the restaurant. It is also two floors with an additional eating area and patio upstairs, and has a big gradiose staircase leading up to it.

The first time I walked in there I was taken aback. I asked the girl working the counter what the hell was going on here. She said that they are trying to remarket themselves as a "restaurant environment".

what the fuck man. you dont go to mcdonalds to contemplate life while staring into the fireplace. you go to mcdonalds for a cheap fatty burger and a sleazy atmosphere. wheres the greasy floors? wheres the creepy pedophile "ronald mcdonald" statue? wheres the shitty chairs attached to the tables with thick steel bars?
Totally ruining McD's for me.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 3 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 09:16:18 AM)

hey, they are trying to improve, and you are being a jerk about it, chill ooout
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 4 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 10:08:51 AM)

I thought this thread was going to be about how McDonald's denied vissario's job application. Now I just have a craving for some mcnuggets.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 5 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 10:26:33 AM)

Quoted from Hoff:
I thought this thread was going to be about how McDonald's denied vissario's job application.

Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 11:52:48 AM)

Maybe you shouldn't go to McDonald's. I'd expect you to at least be resistant to the marketing tactics that take advantage of most people, but I see you're just blindly following what the advertising executives tell you in the name of "convenience" and "economy", even though eating from the dollar menu is anything but. The destructive environmental agriculture practices you support are destroying this planet and you deserve the clogged arteries and reduced lifespan that is a direct result of such an irresponsible and destructive diet. Though you say you're a champion of change, you clearly are not. It's easy to rant against consumerism and global capitalism on the internet and then go down the street and buy a double whopper, isn't it?
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 7 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 12:46:57 PM)

Quoted from ice:
Maybe you shouldn't go to McDonald's. I'd expect you to at least be resistant to the marketing tactics that take advantage of most people, but I see you're just blindly following what the advertising executives tell you in the name of "convenience" and "economy", even though eating from the dollar menu is anything but. The destructive environmental agriculture practices you support are destroying this planet and you deserve the clogged arteries and reduced lifespan that is a direct result of such an irresponsible and destructive diet. Though you say you're a champion of change, you clearly are not. It's easy to rant against consumerism and global capitalism on the internet and then go down the street and buy a double whopper, isn't it?

I've said many times that I am not above the system. In fact, what I have said is that, being a part of the system, I must do what it takes to survive in it. I criticize, bitch, moan, and complain for the purpose of gradually changing what I see as incorrect within our society; the pointless consumption of resources used for nothing more than to consume resources. Things like huge SUVs and gigantic mansions which allow for displays of wealth rather than utility.

The consumption of that hamburger, via McDonald's, and the subsequent pollution it inspires is a consequence of the way in which food is supplied in this country. If I had instead gone to Wal-Mart, bought the buns, beef, and ketchup individually, I would not be substantially hurting global capitalism, or necessarily helping it, more than I would be purchasing a hamburger at McDonald's. Essentially, Ice, your argument is a red herring that assumes there is some feasible way, aside from nonexistence, to prevent wastefulness under the capitalist system we all are captive too.

But those arguments are easy, aren't they?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 8 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 01:21:58 PM)

u dumb
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 9 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 01:28:25 PM)

What vissario is saying is that, since you can't help but kill other living beings to survive, be it plants or animals, you might as well go shoot random people.

Man, I sooo want to have one of those ice-creams at McDonald's. Soon...
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 10 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 01:30:14 PM)

How do you "kill" a plant?
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 11 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 01:31:46 PM)

*blinks*
What?
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 12 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 01:40:21 PM)

Quoted from szaukjkjit:
*blinks*
What?

Plants don't actually exist, therefore it is impossible to kill a plant.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 13 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 02:02:30 PM)

You know what, I agree with vissario for once.

(Re: McDonalds false advertising, not plants)
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 14 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 03:51:47 PM)

This thread has given me incentive to go out of my way to eat McDondalds for dinner this evening.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 15 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 03:59:31 PM)

Quote:
LIED TO ME

NO ONE CARES
BITE MY BALLS
GO TO HELL

Do you expect anyone to get outraged over your hissy fit at the mickey dee's?
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 16 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 04:48:39 PM)

dude why would you want him to bite your ballsOMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!?

Anyway I would've told you to fuck off if I was working there and you bitched at me for .29 cents. It's people like you that make working in the service industry a living hell. Did the manager change the price? The cashier? No. So stop bitching at them you retard.

Also I would spit in your food.zing
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 17 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 04:56:04 PM)

Quoted from dollar_menu_millionaire:
my biggest problem with mcdonald's is how they are trying to revamp the mcdonald's brand by upgrading the atmosphere in their store. right near my apartment building there is a mcdonalds that has mahogany paneling on the walls, leather couches and chairs, a marble "M" on the lobby floor, and two (2) wood burning fireplaces placed throughout the restaurant. It is also two floors with an additional eating area and patio upstairs, and has a big gradiose staircase leading up to it.

The first time I walked in there I was taken aback. I asked the girl working the counter what the hell was going on here. She said that they are trying to remarket themselves as a "restaurant environment".

what the fuck man. you dont go to mcdonalds to contemplate life while staring into the fireplace. you go to mcdonalds for a cheap fatty burger and a sleazy atmosphere. wheres the greasy floors? wheres the creepy pedophile "ronald mcdonald" statue? wheres the shitty chairs attached to the tables with thick steel bars?
Totally ruining McD's for me.

Haha, sounds like Banff's McDonalds. That thing has been a palace for years.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 18 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 05:01:29 PM)

i'm also shocked how that shit is the cheapest alternative you have...i haven't been in a junk food restaurant in years, it's relatively ekspensive, and TASTES LIKE SHIT
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 19 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 06:41:17 PM)

McCafe is pretty sweet, but their website doesn't work properly. ima get you yet!
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 20 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 07:58:48 PM)

I'm lovin it.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-03-08 09:16:20 PM)

Surt fast food is not expensive here. Thats the point. Expensive food that tastes like shit and kills you slowly makes no sense.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 22 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 12:58:25 AM)

Why not? It's just like smoking, or drinking beer!
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Administrator

Reply 23 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 01:10:09 AM)

If there was healthy delicious cigarettes, then the gross deadly ones would be a lot cheaper.
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 24 of 100 (Originally posted on: 12-04-08 03:20:39 AM)

Quoted from Zippo:
McCafe is pretty sweet, but their website doesn't work properly. ima get you yet!

Their frappe's changed my world.

hey vissario my friend works for macdonalds and gives me the free standard drink cards already punched out! mm i wanna suck ur cock lol I'm taking them down one $3.45 drink at a time! We'll get the bastards!

no but seriously i'd still pay if i had to i love frappes.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4979 | Total Posts: 100 ]