Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > the most valuable thing you've ever found > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2124 | Total Posts: 49 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-02-08 01:31:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

On Halloween I was walking to a party and I found a joint in a little envelope on the ground, and it gave me the idea for this thread, even though it's not the most valuable thing I've ever found.

A few months ago we found a really nice dresser type thing on the street that probably would be worth about a hundred bucks, it's in our kitchen right now.

Other than that, I once found a bike. It was a pretty crappy bike but probably worth like 40 bucks. What have you found?
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 1 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-02-08 02:28:13 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

One time I rummaging through my apartment looking for 5 dollars so I could walk down to the gas station to get a pack of ports. It took me about 3 hours to find enough change to equal that amount. I was pretty broke at the time due to it being summer and not having a full time job. Once I bagged the change up, I took off headed for the gas station. One the way there I stepped on a nail and it went through the bottom of my flip flops and into my heal. It hurt really bad, but all in all wasn't that big of a deal. I continued on. I was walking with my head down because I was paranoid of stepping on something else. Upon arrival to the gas station I found a crumpled up $100 bill laying on the ground. I went inside and asked if anyone had lost some money. No one could tell me the amount missing, so I kept it.

I walked to the liquor store to get a bottle of Jameson with my new found wealth. With the thrill of going from broke to having spending cash, I forgot about the nail wound. By this time it was bleeding pretty bad and I didn't notice. I walked into the liquor store leaving blood footprints behind me. The cashier freaked out, and I apologized. I offered to clean it up, and he just told me to pay and get out.

From the liquor store I just walked back to my apartment and treated my wound. I then smoked a cigarette and drank a glass of Jameson on the rocks.
www.nickolati.blogspot.com
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 2 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-02-08 02:33:28 PM)

I once found a $50 note lying on the ground in a carpark probably worth like 50 bucks.

I bought Pokemon cards with it and an icecream.
bradism.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 3 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-02-08 04:24:17 PM)

I found a $20 on the ground once.

In Germany I bought a hat and inside was an East German newspaper from the 80s. That was pretty cool.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 4 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-02-08 06:08:14 PM)

When we were kids we found a gameboy in our yard. That was like the greatest day.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-02-08 11:06:49 PM)

One day I found INTL and subsequently, love.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 6 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 02:32:12 AM)

One day I went to a pub with a friend that came to Australia to visit, I went to the ATM to pay for the Guinness I ordered, and never ended up taking any money out of the machine...because there was $300 in the dispenser.

Free rounds for everyone!
‹just dandy› but. again. funnel aspect. I don't want anything put in there unawares. I'm no Richard Gere.
‹Purple› If it was Sunny doing it, s/he'd be pretty rough
‹just dandy› ouch. I just involuntarily clenched.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 7 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 04:41:30 AM)

I found Jesus
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 8 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 08:08:25 AM)

I found this thread boring.
DRAHNIER
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 9 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 09:12:53 AM)

Quoted from d-bag:
I found this thread boring.

And it was the most valuable thing you have ever found?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 10 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 09:40:40 AM)

drahnier leads a very unfulfilling life
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 11 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 10:09:51 AM)

I found a high school ID from 1973 on the Metro once.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 12 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 10:24:36 AM)

i found a dogshit on the street once, i hurried to put it in my pocket before someone else took it! i'm a serial-killer :)
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 13 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 10:26:08 AM)

Well done, Surt!
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reply 14 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 01:06:20 PM)

yes! i usually pay exorbitant prices!
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
3ms
poz_twinkl0rd

One time I saw 3ms punch a bear in the testicles, no homo!

Ballkicks: (+59 / -12)
Reg. Date: Oct 2008
Reply 15 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 02:09:47 PM)

Either $20 or a copy of Pokemon Blue.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 16 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 02:36:16 PM)

Cleaning out old barracks rooms I found a complete stereo system worth probably $600-1000 new.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 17 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 04:04:21 PM)

Found $600 speakers at Goodwill for $25 (for the pair)

They are kickass, but my friend bought them before I got the chance MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
‹just dandy› but. again. funnel aspect. I don't want anything put in there unawares. I'm no Richard Gere.
‹Purple› If it was Sunny doing it, s/he'd be pretty rough
‹just dandy› ouch. I just involuntarily clenched.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 18 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 05:27:41 PM)

A walkie-talkie from the forties or something when I was about seven or eight. The other kids on the street and I used to use it to listen to cell phone conversations.

It was remarkably funny and interesting to listen to. Even mundane conversations are exciting when you're not supposed to be listening to them. I'd do it still if my mom hadn't given it to Goodwill about a month and a half after we found it.
how is this for a quote
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 19 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 06:46:44 PM)

Quoted from CurseOfTheGreatBambino:
A walkie-talkie from the forties or something when I was about seven or eight. The other kids on the street and I used to use it to listen to cell phone conversations.

It was remarkably funny and interesting to listen to. Even mundane conversations are exciting when you're not supposed to be listening to them. I'd do it still if my mom hadn't given it to Goodwill about a month and a half after we found it.
Ha Ha the fun that was old UHF radios. It's scary how easy it is to listen in on that stuff and how secure people think we are.

One time during training in the Army we picked up a conversation between two teenage girls talking about school or something. OMG for realz!
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 20 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-03-08 07:28:11 PM)

Once I found a 50 dollar bill in the shoe department at a local supermarket. It was folded up and I thought it was only a 5 at the time I saw it. It was too out in the open to pick up so I slyly walked right over it and managed to slide it out of sight with my shoe then picked it up and went to a different area of the store. When I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was a 50 I accidentally said "holy shit!" out loud and a couple people in the aisle next to me turned and looked so I played it off by saying "A sale on M&Ms! Sweet!" I used it to buy some CDs.

The other day at work I had someone pay for a $4.50 order in half-dollar coins. After they left though I discovered that one of the half-dollar coins was in fact a 5 franc coin. Almost the exact same size and color. So I took fifty cents out of my pocket to put in my till and kept the 5 franc coin. I plan on carrying it around and flipping it to decide on things.

About a year or so ago I was digging through boxes in my room looking to get rid of crap I don't need when I found a 5 pound lead ingot in one of the boxes. It's maybe worth a few bucks in scrap prices but from what I've seen on eBay it could go for as much as 10 bucks. The strangest thing is that it was in a box of my stuff that I recognized. The ingot, however, is a mystery. I have no idea where it came from nor do any of my family. I put it in a plastic bag (because I was worried about lead poisoning) and stuck it somewhere in my room. It'd make a great paperweight. Or I could melt it down and turn it into the world's worst dildo.
I'm the conjurer of demons,
I'm the father of your death.
I bring forth the ancient evil,
I control his every breath.
I instigate your misfortune,
With the birth of killing trolls.
I awaken armageddon,
Feeding on a thousand souls.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reply 21 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 08:45:35 PM)

Once as a kind in 3rd grade I found 30 dollars on the sidewalk on my way home from school. The other day at work someone left their wallet, in it was like 50 bucks, a few creditcards. I unfortunately turned it in.
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, vermögen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darüber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 22 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 09:29:17 PM)

I collect fossils and I have collected some that are fairly valuable. I guess that counts as something I found, since it generally consists of finding them in rivers or quarries.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 23 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 09:46:48 PM)

Years ago I gave away a few of my father's paintings to an acquaintance. After my father died, I came to regret that heavily. Recently, the acquaintance died. I found out a few days ago his mom called my mom, to ask her about these paintings that had our last name on them.

So in a roundabout way...I found something valuable, again.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

¡Spanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 24 of 49 (Originally posted on: 11-07-08 01:12:23 AM)

I found 20$ at Six Flags and promptly bought lunch with it.
It's all about the pepsin and cocaine.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2124 | Total Posts: 49 ]