Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I deactivated my Facebook account. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2653 | Total Posts: 36 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
(Originally posted on: 09-12-08 05:38:01 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The new layout that they forced me to use is pretty lame, so I'm not using it until they change it back. Hopefully enough other people deactivate or quit using it. Let me know in this thread when they let me change it back to the old style.
--vladmir87
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 05:40:37 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My frienquaintance started a group called "Quit bitching every time facebook changes." You should look into it. Remember the kerfuffle two years ago when they came out with their news feed?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Angus

D'oh!

Reply 2 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 05:42:09 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
My frienquaintance started a group called "Quit bitching every time facebook changes." You should look into it. Remember the kerfuffle two years ago when they came out with their news feed?

I didn't complain back then because I liked the news feed. I am complaining now because the new style is really bad. That might be hard to wrap your head around though.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 3 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 05:44:44 PM)

what? It's not even that different
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 4 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 05:47:45 PM)

Too cluttered. At least with old Facebook you could minimize all the crap.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 5 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 06:07:08 PM)

I haven't had a problem with it. I mean, Christ, you people were birthed in the computer age. How hard is it to figure out a new program/GUI?
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 6 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 06:23:19 PM)

Quoted from JosÚ Rizal:
The new layout that they forced me to use is pretty lame, so I'm not using it until they change it back. Hopefully enough other people deactivate or quit using it. Let me know in this thread when they let me change it back to the old style.

ok
FUCK YOU ANTPOCAS THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT MR. RHINO DUMP IF YOU HADN'T HAD THAT MISCARRIAGE IN OUR TOILET I WOULDN'T BE COVERED IN SHIT 'PIJAOD'FUFAUCAKFUCKASFD
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 7 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 06:24:31 PM)

CHANGE! SCARY!

This is also the same reason Sunny and I mutually decided not to alter the INTL interface too much when we began designing INTL5: people bitch about the stupidest, most inconsequential shit and have zero ability to adapt to changes without complaining like a five year old.

Frankly, I like the new Facebook.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 8 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 06:32:45 PM)

See, when sunny was talking to me about changes in INTL5 she kept saying that, but seriously, fuck 'em if they can't learn a new interface.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 9 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 06:43:28 PM)

Well, the goal was to maintain the original interface as the default to reduce the number of people bitching. I remember when I went from INTL2 to INTL3, the number of complaints was discouraging and a bit frustrating. I felt that this time around, it wasn't worth it.

However, with Facebook, I imagine the way the site is designed, maintaining two completely separate interfaces, with as much AJAX as they have, would completely overload their programmers to the point of almost running two completely separate sites simultaneously. Seriously, just look at their source code sometime and download their Javascript files. For the old Facebook, there was one file that had at least 500kb worth of Javascript code and that was just one file. Imagine trying to maintain and develop for two distinctly different AJAX-intense interfaces, it would quickly become a liability.
Kimmie

mom id like to re-educate about birthcontrol methods

Ballkicks: (+9 / -3)
Reg. Date: Jul 2008
Reply 10 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 06:49:14 PM)

It's exactly the same. Some things moved over a bit, and there are a few more tabs, but I don't see why everyone is so upset.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 11 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 06:59:21 PM)

Why did they change the interface if there were no problems with the old version?
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 12 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 07:09:43 PM)

My understand is that the old core code was outdated and didn't allow for projected expansion and memberbase growth.

As for why they created an entirely new design and only allow users to use the new interface, probably has something to do with what I said above, maintaining two distinct AJAX interfaces would be a pain in the ass for their programmers. The new interface is probably more adaptive or something, who knows.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 13 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 07:20:52 PM)

what you should do is open you're own alternative to facebook that will be far superior because you NEVER change anything about the UI, and we know that that's what's important about a website.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 14 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 07:41:42 PM)

I'm a little annoyed by it too, especially since the "Go back to old Facebook" button doesn't do anything.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV
Angus

D'oh!

Reply 15 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 09:04:29 PM)

Disliking a new interface because it's not as good as the old one is impossible, so it must be because I am scared to death of change. On the internet.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 16 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 12:16:38 AM)

Is this the new one that came out a few months ago? Because mine looks like that one. Which is fine?
bradism.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 03:00:32 AM)

honestly who gives a shit its only facebook
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 18 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 03:51:50 AM)

People bitched about the new last.fm too, but I think it's pretty sweet once you get used to it.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 19 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 07:49:02 AM)

facebook is like electronic narscism....people always let other people stuff know, that they (me) don't care about
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 20 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 10:08:13 AM)

Isn't that pretty much your posting style?

((((hug))))
Angus

D'oh!

Reply 21 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 11:23:56 AM)

It's impossible for something to be new and not as good as before. We are on an inevitable march forward progressing to our electronic Utopia, just like the Enlightenment Philosophers before us! Such small minds as those who favor the old Facebook format over the new would rather us live in straw huts, I do imagine.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 22 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 11:27:22 AM)

Or you are just a little bitch that goes overboard and deletes your entire account because a website changes the way it looks.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 23 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 11:59:35 AM)

A couple hours after the change, at that.
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 24 of 36 (Originally posted on: 09-13-08 12:02:54 PM)

I don't like the new look either. Now all of my friends will ignore the "personality" stuff on my page like Philosophers and bumper stickers.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2653 | Total Posts: 36 ]