Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > FUCK YOU TOO GIBSON > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3420 | Total Posts: 52 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
(Originally posted on: 09-09-08 11:47:06 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I've been getting a little obsessed with Rock band lately, since the sequel is coming out soon (this sunday.) Basically, I've been playing a lot. This has taken its toll on the conventional plastar that came with the game, affectionately called the strat since it looks like one. I broke the strum bar a week ago, and finally got the box to send it back so I can get a new one at some future date. Hopefully by the end of next week. I wouldn't mind this so much, since my roommate has one of the Guitar Hero 3 controllers that should work fine with Rock Band, except that his controller sucks a fat dirty hobo dick. It'll randomly decided that I'm not holding the fret buttons and drop a held note, or in the worst case scenario it'll not even register my button presses, causing me to fail miserably. This causes me great distress as I'm hell-bent on improving myself in the game, which is hard to do when your controller is against you. It's getting to the point where I can play for a half hour before I have to turn off the game for fear of smashing the damn thing in the street.

I'd love to try and fix it if I knew how - I suspect its faulty contacts on the removable neck (damn the push for wireless, I want stable damnit!)
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 1 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 12:57:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

who the fuck is this "gibson" character you pale nerd?

also, why the fuck can't you get a life?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 01:47:01 PM)

go outside
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 3 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 02:25:39 PM)

Quoted from ice:
go outside

what is this 'outside'

The gibson is what the guitar is called. Also, pale nerd... lol...
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 4 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 04:51:53 PM)

Rockband is so easy. Straight out of the box I could beat just about everything on expert. There is no real skill involved. It is pushing buttons in sequence to music - much like lab monkeys do.
ôYou know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?ö - Chris Rock
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 5 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 05:28:27 PM)

Congratulations, monkey.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 06:24:41 PM)

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about Charles Gibson and ABC News for some reason.
One time I played Guitar Hero. It went really poorly because I didn't know there was a leftie option MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 7 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 07:38:48 PM)

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
I honestly thought this thread was going to be about Charles Gibson and ABC News for some reason.

FUCK YOU GIBSON. YOU'LL NEVER REPLACE PETER! MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 8 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 09:38:33 PM)

I thought this was about you playing an actual guitar.
Despair came knocking at my door
and I let her in.
For a while.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 9 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-09-08 10:39:31 PM)

Quoted from Trofozoito:
I thought this was about you playing an actual guitar.

Me too.

Snook, you fail.

Also, Gibson is far more superior to Fender.
őjust dandyŤ but. again. funnel aspect. I don't want anything put in there unawares. I'm no Richard Gere.
őPurpleŤ If it was Sunny doing it, s/he'd be pretty rough
őjust dandyŤ ouch. I just involuntarily clenched.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 10 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 04:36:01 AM)

Knowing guitar brand names is a nerdy thing now? This isn't the world I used to know.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 06:41:12 AM)

Quoted from Purple:
Also, Gibson is far more superior to Fender.

SO I've heard. However, I have a Fender, so fuck you.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 12 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 11:13:16 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from ice:
go outside

what is this 'outside'

The gibson is what the guitar is called. Also, pale nerd... lol...

You are amazingly white and outside means acquiring a hobby which doesn't smack of the cheap consumer culture known as "gamers". Hey, here's an idea, learn how to play the actual "guitar" learn u some stuff ok??
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 13 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 11:14:24 AM)

Dude you just skipped over the post where Snook admitted to owning an "actual guitar"
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 14 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 11:19:53 AM)

I don't think being a gamer is cheap. That's why piracy is an issue nowadays.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 15 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 11:33:10 AM)

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
Dude you just skipped over the post where Snook admitted to owning an "actual guitar"

which post? he has only been blabbering on about his plastic guitar and made defensive posts in support of his alleged nerdiness
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 04:20:28 PM)

I do, in fact, play real guitar. I own a Fender. It's pretty nice, though not high end. I'm not very good, but I'm learning.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 17 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-10-08 06:53:49 PM)

This is a thread in which a person is bitching about how much a fake plastic guitar game sucks.

Wow.

On topic though, I've found that the Rock Band guitar is real piece of shit. Guitar Hero 2 and 3 controllers seemed to have their act together, sadly they cannot be used with Rock Band without some serious nerdification.
FUCK YOU ANTPOCAS THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT MR. RHINO DUMP IF YOU HADN'T HAD THAT MISCARRIAGE IN OUR TOILET I WOULDN'T BE COVERED IN SHIT 'PIJAOD'FUFAUCAKFUCKASFD
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 18 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-11-08 07:16:14 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
I do, in fact, play real guitar. I own a Fender. It's pretty nice, though not high end. I'm not very good, but I'm learning.

advice; stop wasting yourtime on Guitar hero and practice moooar
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 19 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-11-08 10:28:30 AM)

That's what I've been doing lately, actually.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 20 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-11-08 02:21:27 PM)

vissario, if he start's practicing enough that he's actually good will you start complaining that he's selfishly focusing on his own personal skills when he should be contributing to the greater good of mankind by doing..... a good thing which you have yet to confirm or deny the existance of?
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 21 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 01:24:41 PM)

Quoted from Snook:
Congratulations, monkey.

Don't hate.
ôYou know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?ö - Chris Rock
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 22 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 01:58:28 PM)

Rock Band is only fun for the drums anyway. Guitar Hero is, overall, an immense waste of time and money, though I'll admit that it can be fun on occasion for a short period of time, usually only when it involves a small group of people just hanging out. In terms of sitting down and obsessively playing it for hours on end by yourself... lawl.

Since you're learning to play the real guitar, you should seriously spend the time you'd otherwise spend playing the game to better hone your skills at the real guitar. It doesn't necessarily provide the immediate satisfaction the games does (OMG SWEET I COMPLETED IT ON EXPERT WITH 90% OMG), but in the long run, subpar skill on a real guitar is greater than expert skill at Guitar Hero.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 23 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 02:02:45 PM)

i have never played those games, and i never want to....i'm always amazed how much you guys are into videogames, i haven't played anything, but like gta3 in the last 5-6 years
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 24 of 52 (Originally posted on: 09-12-08 05:48:44 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Rock Band is only fun for the drums anyway. Guitar Hero is, overall, an immense waste of time and money, though I'll admit that it can be fun on occasion for a short period of time, usually only when it involves a small group of people just hanging out. In terms of sitting down and obsessively playing it for hours on end by yourself... lawl.

Since you're learning to play the real guitar, you should seriously spend the time you'd otherwise spend playing the game to better hone your skills at the real guitar. It doesn't necessarily provide the immediate satisfaction the games does (OMG SWEET I COMPLETED IT ON EXPERT WITH 90% OMG), but in the long run, subpar skill on a real guitar is greater than expert skill at Guitar Hero.

Rockband drums are a blast. I can actually play the drums, which explains why I could beat stuff on expert out of the box. I haven't sat around and obsessively played for hours on end.

I agree with Jeff though man. If you own and are learning to play a real guitar, you should do that and not waste time with Rockband.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3420 | Total Posts: 52 ]