Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > "nimo gives blood" OR "nimo has a seizure and dies!" > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5732 | Total Posts: 53 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Ballkicks: (+321 / -17)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:14:59 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm giving blood tommarow for the first time and i'm slightly nervous. My dad and one of my older brothers had seizures when they gave blood but my other older brother didn't. Honestly i'm just giving blood because I have a huge paper due tommarow and this gets me out of it...

Anyone know anything that could help me out, like what to eat, how to "not have a seizure and die", or anything like that?
www.uselessstatic.com
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 1 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:18:31 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It's illegal because you're not fucking 18.

Make sure you have some juice and sugar. Apple juice is ideal.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
kham
you're a cigarette!

Bedwetter

Ballkicks: (+259 / -51)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 2 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:18:55 PM)

Quote:
Honestly i'm just giving blood because I have a huge paper due tommarow and this gets me out of it...

Nice to see "love for humanity" is still alive and kicking.
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 3 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:23:26 PM)

The age limit is 17, dragonmaster.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 4 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:25:24 PM)

Quote:
Honestly i'm just giving blood because I have a huge paper due tommarow and this gets me out of it...

Yah, I'll get right on that "helping you out" thing. You sound like you're worth my time.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Outspoken, Opinionated, Empassioned and Shameless.
"It's kinda ironic because I'm not a virgin.."-Globethrasher...yes, Globethrasher.
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 5 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:27:11 PM)

Oh jesus christ people. I'd have given blood even if I didn't have the paper due, I just picked tommarow because the paper is due tommarow.
www.uselessstatic.com
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 6 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:27:59 PM)

That would contradict your "I'm just" statement.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Outspoken, Opinionated, Empassioned and Shameless.
"It's kinda ironic because I'm not a virgin.."-Globethrasher...yes, Globethrasher.
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 7 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:29:33 PM)

Well I wasn't quite expecting to have my reasons for donating blood questioned. But since you all seem to hate the idea of giving blood for reasons other than loving humans I felt I should be more clear.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 8 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:49:12 PM)

Giving blood is giving blood.

Take it or leave, you ungrateful fucks. If you get in a horrible accident and almost die, make sure the blood you get in the hospital was given by people with completely pure intentions.
Where can I turn for comfort? Where do the cold days end?
Where has the sunshine gone? Where do our two hearts blend?
Where has love gone and hidden? Where must I go to find?
The more I shun romance, the more love is defined.
JamesMartigo
The Flying Dutchman

Ballkicks: (+118 / -35)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 9 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 08:49:52 PM)

I give half a liter (800 grams) of blood 4, 5 times a year. It's not that bad. It is important that you drink a lot before, and especially after giving blood. Make sure you take a good breakfast before going. Soup is good afterwards. Bring something to read, to take your mind off. Not a playboy though, it's not wise to pump blood to places you don't need at that time. You'll be alright.
"If I had a dick, I'd go get laid. But we can do the next best thing... let's kill people!" - Loki
"All he did is hurt that little girl's pussy" - RuPaul
"Vuisten tot het schuimt" - ???
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 10 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 10:08:13 PM)

Aw fuck James, give it to me straight, I'm a dead man aren't I?
www.uselessstatic.com
JamesMartigo
The Flying Dutchman

Reply 11 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 10:30:42 PM)

Before donating the blood, they put a very small, short needle into your finger to get a drop of blood, to check you iron levels... most people find that tiny sting more annoying than the donation itself. The whole thing will be over before you know it. Good work i'm a serial-killer :)
"If I had a dick, I'd go get laid. But we can do the next best thing... let's kill people!" - Loki
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 12 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 10:57:39 PM)

I remember that, James, and if it floats, it's ok, and if it sinks, it's not. *shudder* I'm deathly afraid of needles, but my parents ALWAYS took me when they donated blood.
They always served sweets at the donation thing when I went.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 13 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 11:07:39 PM)

i gave blood every opportunity in high school beause they school held blood drives. every time i managed to drag it out so i spent the entire school day in there.
Lately I've been feeling dead inside, Like my guts have dried up and died
But every night I water them back to life
When I fall down I'll fall apart, Trade in my bike for a shopping cart
and beg change from a world that needs some
But I'm so inebriated that I cannot see, Between the moon and you, lunacy is setting in
JamesMartigo
The Flying Dutchman

Reply 14 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 11:08:53 PM)

Here they put it in a machine, and it gives a reading... my iron count is usually between 9 and 10.5. By the way, is it true that they pay you in America (for donating blood)?
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 15 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 11:15:55 PM)

I don't think it is for blood, but for... something else in blood. Shit, I can't remember. You can make like $100 a week giving that stuff.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 16 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 11:19:10 PM)

they pay you when you donate sperm, ova and plasma.
Lately I've been feeling dead inside, Like my guts have dried up and died
But every night I water them back to life
When I fall down I'll fall apart, Trade in my bike for a shopping cart
and beg change from a world that needs some
But I'm so inebriated that I cannot see, Between the moon and you, lunacy is setting in
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 17 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-10-02 11:31:06 PM)

PLASMA.
That's it.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 18 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-11-02 12:01:48 AM)

Except thats fairly difficult to donate, if I believe.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 19 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-11-02 12:48:06 AM)

plasma is a very easy thing to "donate*". basically like donating blood, but they have a super duper machine that separates the plasma from the rest of the blood components (i.e., white cells and red cells), adds saline and shoves your blood back into your arteries.

it takes 45 minutes to an hour and a half, depending on how good you are at making your body pump blood through your arm.

and they give you cash!

*sell
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 20 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-11-02 04:14:27 AM)

Quoted from NNY:
they pay you when you donate sperm

That's just stupid.

And we don't get paid for donating blood here!
If you can read this, you need another beer. If you can't, you need some glasses.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 21 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-11-02 05:12:39 AM)

Stormraider: Be nice, asshole.

Nimo: If you have a seizure and die, can I have your stuff? And yeah, I hear orange juice is best to drink afterwards.
I want to tell you a little about myself, so you'll know where I'm coming from. First off, I am 35 years old.. I am thrice divorced.. and I live in a van down by the river!
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 22 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-11-02 06:03:01 AM)

I already promised my stuff to wheezy, but I have some women, would you like my women?
www.uselessstatic.com
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 23 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-11-02 06:05:43 AM)

As long as they're attractive women....ah, fuck, I'll take them either way.
I want to tell you a little about myself, so you'll know where I'm coming from. First off, I am 35 years old.. I am thrice divorced.. and I live in a van down by the river!
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 24 of 53 (Originally posted on: 11-11-02 06:09:39 AM)

You're god damn right you will.

They're a little weird, they're really into getting on each other and wearing strap-ons, I hope you have no problems with that... :{
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5732 | Total Posts: 53 ]