Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Arena: Bunch of dudes talking about balls > Euro Cup 08 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1414 | Total Posts: 27 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
(Originally posted on: 06-26-08 06:26:24 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So lets see everyones picks for the end stage of the euro cup.
Germany vs. Turkey
Spain vs. Russia

The spain vs. russia game is on tonight so make your picks soon if you can.

I'm picking spain over russia and then germany over turkey.

The turks have had a nice run but they have too many people missing now.

In the finals I have Germany winning over Spain.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 1 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 06:27:31 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Uh... somehow it posted 3 times. Can an admin or someone delete the other two? Thanks.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 06:37:26 AM)

The Germany game was last night...
DRAHNIER
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 3 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 07:34:30 AM)

oh damn, I wish America cared more about soccer so it would be easier to find out when the hell these games are. There is no advertising it at all. Atleast I "predicted" it correctly.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 4 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 07:45:16 AM)

They've all been on ESPN.. I've watched several of them in HD live. At 1:30p CST.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 5 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 08:12:09 AM)

I know they are on tv, i've watched several as well. But there isn't much advertising saying don't forget to watch as there are for other sports like baseball and football and whatever else.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 6 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 09:29:30 AM)

Well not only is it soccer, it doesn't even involve America. So I'm sure they didn't expect much of a fanbase.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 7 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 10:06:06 AM)

I understand, I'm just saying I wish it wasn't that way. And if they are playing it on their station it would only help them get more viewers if they mentioned it more often.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 02:26:22 PM)

Well, well. We're in the final, and playing some of the best football in the tournament to boot. But even though Germany has been relatively shitty, they're still more likely to win, if only because of tradition.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 9 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 02:30:43 PM)

I've managed to watch most of the games and enjoyed most of it.

I was hoping to see Russia or the Dutch in the finals, though.
how is this for a quote
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 10 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:22:32 PM)

Ok ok, when are the finals? I don't want to miss them.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 11 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:29:30 PM)

This Sunday, at 8:45 pm local time.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 12 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 06:54:16 AM)

cool thanks. I think it will be a pretty exciting game. Spain has been brilliant this tournament but have shown they can be shut down like in the Italy game. Germany have been iffy but have shown that even in a bad game they can have flashes of brilliance and be efficient with their chances which seems comically stereotypical. So if both teams show up to play I look forward to a tight match that will be won with a great play.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 13 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 07:00:54 AM)

This German teams lack of organization and defensive skills is an embarrassment.

I would much rather have watched them win 1-0 or on penalties after 0-0 than the two half-assed 3-2 wins they've gotten.
DRAHNIER
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 14 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-28-08 09:06:46 PM)

Germany hasn't shown itself to be the best team all-around, but they have taken full advantage of the opportunities given to them. Watching their place kicks against Portugal was something pretty special (although you could see some pushing and obstruction - but that's every team).
how is this for a quote
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 15 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-28-08 10:36:03 PM)

That was pathetic portugese defending + goalkeeping.

Of course Spain aren't the greatest at defending set-pieces either, so maybe it could work out.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 16 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 06:15:11 AM)

Yeah, our defense has been playing better than they should, they actually kind of suck but are doing surprisingly good in this tournament, so there's always the possibility that they'll go back to normal today.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 17 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 06:18:40 AM)

It really shouldn't suck because it's full of world class players, except Marchena, and Capdevila might not be quite world class but at least he's much better than Arne Friedrich.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 18 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 06:19:52 AM)

But Marchena does suck a lot and Puyol was in alarming bad shape before the tournament.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 19 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 09:58:44 AM)

Germany 1-0 even without Ballack if they decide he can't play.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 20 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 10:01:27 AM)

I hope Germany wins because I think if Spain wins they'll noise up the city with their honking.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 21 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 10:57:37 AM)

I predicted a 1-1 draw with Spain winning in the extra time, because I like wishful thinking.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 22 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 02:22:50 PM)

Go Spain. Not the most exciting of games, but at least there wasn't too much diving.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 23 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 03:53:46 PM)

About time, I says.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 24 of 27 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 05:23:01 PM)

Ok game, Torres is fast as shit. I predicted the score correctly, just the wrong team.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1414 | Total Posts: 27 ]