Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > The Hall of Fame > Post Your Picture! Again! Again. Still. More? Most? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 162 163 164 ] [ Thread Views: 258184 | Total Posts: 4096 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 100 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 01:52:02 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The only tie I own is blue with green and yellow stripes. I don't think I've ever worn it outside of parties.

Then again, I'm a girl.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo

Sunny: I'm actually vissario in disguise
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 101 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 02:52:18 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quoted from mmac:
It's a white one white paisley tie if that makes any difference.
It doesn't make a difference, but i like it, screw the haters.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 102 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 05:39:50 PM)

ok, me and tazzo, being european, know a little more about fashion

letterman jackets and sweaters of your college is lame, you silly mericans LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

But yeah, black tie on white shirt, not the invert.

chunky tie is way uglier than the extreme skinny ties.

And mr. rizal, i have those glases in pink i'm a serial-killer :)
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 103 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 05:41:29 PM)

Quoted from Surt:

letterman jackets and sweaters of your college is lame, you silly mericans LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

bless you surt
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 104 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 06:07:13 PM)

I have to say that I do prefer a wider tie with a full windsor. Skinny ties just seem a little to 'metro' for me.
http://www.michaelmcelhinney.com

An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 105 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 06:44:55 PM)

Quoted from mmac:
I have to say that I do prefer a wider tie with a full windsor. Skinny ties just seem a little to 'metro' for me.

You mean gay, right?
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 106 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 06:58:29 PM)

Quote:

Some of the shit you posted yourself wearing looks like a fucking Nascar jacket.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 107 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 07:03:56 PM)

oh, i've had a nascar jacket i'm a serial-killer :)

it's camp it's kitch it's irony i'm a serial-killer :)

seems to me, the only ones who have style oversea are the homosexuals
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 108 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 07:22:12 PM)

I'm not that bad.
http://www.michaelmcelhinney.com

An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1936 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 109 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-26-08 08:36:17 PM)

Quoted from Surt:

You and tazzo wear some of the most ridiculous clothing i've ever seen. Well thats not exactly true, but the more ridiculous stuff I don't believe people took themselves seriously in. I've worn goofier stuff but only for the fun of it.

I don't think i've ever seen anyone wear a letterman jacket outside of old TV shows like Saved by the Bell, but i'm assuming that line was a joke.

I dunno what goes on in Denmark, but suggesting black tie on white shirt because you see the invert way too often...makes no sense. I believe you if you say thats the popular lamer fashion right now in Denmark, but I don't think theres ever been a combo more consistently used than black tie on white shirt. Its got to be the most worn combo for males in the past 100 years.

Tie width means nothing to me, except I hate extremely fat ties, and really skinny ties look really metro. Happy medium works best in my opinion.

Granted I haven't cared about fashion (on myself) since high school, but that doesn't mean I don't still have a feel for it.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 110 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 12:44:38 AM)

There's a difference between having a feel for fashion and a feel for what the typical American collegiate male wears.

WORLDS OF DIFFERENCE.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 111 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 02:15:36 AM)

ok, I can't believe I'm making such a nerdy comparison

but think of all those shitty geocities pages with black backgrounds and white text. looks horrible right? now think of the inverse. it looks plain but it's simple and it's aesthetically pleasing.

there's a reason white shirt/black ties is a well worn combo! humans have been wearing shoes for ages sheesh that shit is so played out.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 112 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 04:22:44 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
seems to me, the only ones who have style oversea are the homosexuals
Aren;t they the ones that invented itOMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!?
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 113 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 06:14:17 AM)

the white tie on black shirt has been a fad for the last years, kinda like the red tie on black shirt like the dude from green day, and those fads are fucking lame

the black on white is just there, it's just classic, it has surviveability...

like tazzo said, horrible combinations...

oh, and you gotta care a little about what you wear, and most people who "don't care" use as much energy in "not caring" as others in caring.....you gotta wear something that sits good, whenever i see the math/physics crowd on uni, they always have those horrible to big wind breakers with built in hood and all kinds of straps, and thats the kind of shit you wore in the 90's as a kid....
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 114 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 06:27:09 AM)

Quoted from kayte:
There's a difference between having a feel for fashion and a feel for what the typical American collegiate male wears.

WORLDS OF DIFFERENCE.

And what the fuck makes you so sure which one I have?

Like I said I haven't even bothered since before I was even in college, and even now I don't wear what the average american collegiate male wears, I just wear whatever I feel like. So fuck you.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 115 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 06:41:31 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
the white tie on black shirt has been a fad for the last years, kinda like the red tie on black shirt like the dude from green day, and those fads are fucking lame

the black on white is just there, it's just classic, it has surviveability...

like tazzo said, horrible combinations...

oh, and you gotta care a little about what you wear, and most people who "don't care" use as much energy in "not caring" as others in caring.....you gotta wear something that sits good, whenever i see the math/physics crowd on uni, they always have those horrible to big wind breakers with built in hood and all kinds of straps, and thats the kind of shit you wore in the 90's as a kid....

It must be a lot more of a fad in Europe then, or maybe I just don't go out enough, 'cause I really haven't seen it here enough for anyone to care (though I do like tazzo's comparison). I also can think of seeing anyone with the red tie/black thing, then again I don't go many places where people would wear a tie.

I really care very little about what I wear, and I don't mean that in a way where I go out of my way not to care. I just don't feel the need to impress anyone with my looks anymore so I usually don't bother. On a daily basis I try not to be a mess, and look presentable, but I don't care to dress up anymore.
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1764 / -130)
Reply 116 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 08:49:42 AM)

I don't know Dimi, for not caring about fashion you sure care a lot about fashion.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 117 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 09:56:14 AM)

It depends on the atmosphere as far as that goes Dimi.

If I am at work, I will wear a black suit with a white shirt and a black/or white tie. If I am going out on a date I might dress it up a little bit and wear a black suit with an off color shirt.

Last time I went out I work a black pinstripe suit with a red button up shirt, with a black tie. It was pimp. It doesn't really matter what you wear as long as you rock it confidently. Confidence is sexy above all else.
Rather than filling it overfull, its better to stop in time.
Sharpen the blade to a point, but the edge wonĺt last forever.
Gold and jade may fill the house, but no one can retain them for eternity.
Boasting of wealth and virtue, brings trouble on oneself.
Reticence when the job is done, is the Way of heaven.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+246 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 118 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 10:01:30 AM)

I enjoy looking nice. I try and dress well, although I doubt anyone but me notices or cares. I'd say I have good fashion sense, personally.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 119 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 12:06:29 PM)

Quoted from ice:
I don't know Dimi, for not caring about fashion you sure care a lot about fashion.

How so? Like I said, I rarely go anywhere that needs any dressing up. The only time I need to wear a tie is at formal stuff like weddings. Since I don't normally need to dress up based on the atmospheres I'm in, and I'm not attempting to attract any one, I wear whatever is comfortable and doesn't look totally stupid. Because of that I also don't really spend any money on any nicer clothes anymore so even if I want to its hard to dress up. I really don't care about whats "popular fashion" or whatever, whether that refers to what the average american college student wears to dress up (double popped collars and a live strong band), or the metro-sexual club look. Even back when I put more thought into what I wore, I never tried to mimic a look, except for parody purposes. I always tried to do something original. Even now I try to be original but most of the motivation is gone so it mostly ends up being my jeans/corduroy (but mostly jeans) pants and whatever clean t-shirt catches my eye first that morning.

Of course I never said I don't care to talk about fashion, which is probably the confusion, I just don't care to worry about it in my daily life. I'm not saying that to sound cool or better than anyone who does, I'm saying it cause its the truth. I don't think its an especially good thing, it would probably be nice if I did care more and did dress up nicer, but I totally lack the motivation. Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to sound cool or high and mighty, but I didn't mean it that way.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 120 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 12:31:49 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
The only time I need to wear a tie is at formal stuff like weddings.

Sellout!
I actually bought and wore this for a wedding:

(oh yeah, old pic, and I had posted it before)
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 121 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 12:38:47 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Quoted from Dimi:
The only time I need to wear a tie is at formal stuff like weddings.

Sellout!

I know this was a joke, but still I have no problems wearing ties or with anyone wearing ties or dressing up. I just never have reason to unless I go to a wedding or something.

This thread has actually made me curious because I can't think of any places I WOULD go where I or anyone else would be wearing a tie, other than weddings or formal balls and stuff (excluding the business world of course, where I think a black shirt and white silk tie would be inappropriate anyway). I don't go to clubs, but I know people dress up more for them, but as far as I know no one dresses up enough to wear a tie. Out of curiosity, do you guys dress up more (meaning shirt and tie) when you go to clubs and parties and stuff? I'm having trouble picturing it.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 122 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 12:41:13 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from kayte:

WORLDS OF DIFFERENCE.

I've seen your pictures. You have some nice t-shirts. i'm a serial-killer :)
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 123 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 12:41:39 PM)

Around here, many guys dress up (here defined as wearing suits and ties) for New Year's, but that's about the only time of the year when they'd do it, except for work or weddings. So yeah, pretty much just like you said.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 124 of 4096 (Originally posted on: 03-27-08 01:01:12 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from kayte:

WORLDS OF DIFFERENCE.

I've seen your pictures. You have some nice t-shirts. i'm a serial-killer :)

First of all, how often do I post pictures? Almost never. And in the pictures in the gallery, I'm actually wearing T-shirts in less than half of them.
Secondly, your post was referring to a comment I made that said, "Granted I haven't cared about fashion (on myself) since high school, but that doesn't mean I don't still have a feel for it." Which clearly says I don't care about what I personally wear every day, which pretty much says, yes, I do wear t-shirts all the time. You were saying I don't have a feel for fashion, which could be true or false for all any of you know (and my pictures don't say one way or another because I admitted I don't put much thought into what I wear daily), but you have no real reason to believe one way or another.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 162 163 164 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 258184 | Total Posts: 4096 ]