Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Rampant Common Sense Outbreak in the United States! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1694 | Total Posts: 29 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
old.jimmy
Too Dumb To Fuck

Ballkicks: (+214 / -44)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-06-02 01:44:55 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

GOP Control is Coup for Bush

Quote:

Winning a Senate majority represents a major political achievement for President Bush and gives his party control of the legislative agenda in a chamber where White House initiatives have frequently been thwarted.

But without a wider majority than the Republicans are likely to get, the president will still face frustrations.

"The likelihood of getting sweeping legislation done is very, very small," says Norman Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute. That's because Senate rules make it possible for a minority, or even a single individual, to block legislation. A filibuster of a bill where opponents, in effect, talk it into oblivion can only be stopped with a 60-vote majority.

Even so, Republicans will have more opportunities to move legislation. Democrats have used their control of committee chairmanships to bottle up presidential nominees whom they considered too conservative and to block a number of Bush's pet projects. But Republicans will chair all the committees beginning in January, and possibly sooner.

omg, i'm so lolol.
chambraigne: shampoo for your hair AND your brain.
our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real.
no matter how beautiful she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 1 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-06-02 03:16:35 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

"Republican" and "Common Sense" are not to be used in mixed company.
I want to tell you a little about myself, so you'll know where I'm coming from. First off, I am 35 years old.. I am thrice divorced.. and I live in a van down by the river!
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 2 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-06-02 05:44:01 PM)

hell, they shouldn't be combined in any company.

if rampant common sense broke out, the liberatarians and the greens would be running the show.
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
old.jimmy
Too Dumb To Fuck

Reply 3 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-06-02 05:47:17 PM)

you'd be surprised what you learn when you start actually looking out for the interests of your family.
omg, i'm so lolol.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni

Reply 4 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-06-02 06:04:46 PM)

you'd be suprised what you learn when you actually start looking out for the good of society.
Bobby Crosby's
old.jimmy
Too Dumb To Fuck

Reply 5 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-06-02 06:35:45 PM)

see, but if everyone would find an honest way to take care of themselves and their family, we wouldn't have to worry about society as a whole. i personally don't think i should be held responsible for the actions of society, when all i can control is me.
omg, i'm so lolol.
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 6 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-06-02 07:22:07 PM)

+ Karma for Jimmy. Its good to see that someone has some idea of where to go in life. I agree, I care more about me and my family than I do as society as a whole. And I agree with your comment about society not having nearly as many problems if people took care of themselves and thier own.
"Stoffel cut it out or I'll ban you" FA
Temporarily banned from HG for refusing to moderate my own room
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 7 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-06-02 08:02:08 PM)

Quote:
if rampant common sense broke out, the liberatarians and the greens would be running the show.

Lets see how your family does when society is shitted down the drain.

"MY BUM IS ON THE MAN!" - Flaming Arrow
"I just think circumsized dicks look a whole lot better" - Flaming Arrow

Woadie

Communism works in principle, and so do I

Ballkicks: (+52 / -11)
Reply 8 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-07-02 03:36:24 AM)

We are so fucked. I mean both parties are bad but the dems are the lesser of two evils. Once we start letting the right run the entire show it will not be long before Prayer is back in schools and abortion is outlawed under penalty of death.

I can see it now in a few years this country could become an Evangelical Christian theocracy. Where Atheists, Feminists, Liberals, Homosexuals, and any other group that makes baby Jesus cry will be executed on site.

Land of Liberty indeed.

Perhaps if any of what I said happens (the more realistic ideas) a revolution could occur.......
As tha polls close like a casket, On truth devoured
A silent play on the shadow of power! A spectacle monopolized!
The camera's eye on choice disguised. Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil? - Rage Against the Machine
Tonto_johnlee
U HAVE BEEN REDIRECTED TO THA LOGOUT SCRIPT ROFLOL

INTL resident asperger syndrome guy

Ballkicks: (+67 / -170)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 9 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-07-02 03:46:54 AM)

Quoted from Woadie:
We are so fucked. I mean both parties are bad but the dems are the lesser of two evils. Once we start letting the right run the entire show it will not be long before Prayer is back in schools and abortion is outlawed under penalty of death.

I can see it now in a few years this country could become an Evangelical Christian theocracy. Where Atheists, Feminists, Liberals, Homosexuals, and any other group that makes baby Jesus cry will be executed on site.

Land of Liberty indeed.

Perhaps if any of what I said happens (the more realistic ideas) a revolution could occur.......

Even though I'm Christian...amen brotha'. Oh, wait, you're atheist, I mean um, yeah, you're right. Except for the prayer in school stuff(partially, I mean you should be allowed to, as long as you don't coerce anyone into doing it). The abortion part I disagree with, partially again. I'd say abort only due to medical complications and the doctor is 100% sure it's necessary if the mother is to survive. I don't see it fit to abort for a simple whim of not wanting a baby.
DON'T CLICK HERE OR CLICK HERE.
For each point of positive karma I get, I get eight points of negative karma.
FUCK YOU ALL, FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Official King of Suck, as announced by Flaming Arrow at KOTRT.
Woadie

Communism works in principle, and so do I

Ballkicks: (+52 / -11)
Reply 10 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-07-02 04:04:30 AM)

People pray in school all the time but to themselves. Nothing is wrong with that. Some of my catholic friends used to cross themselves before a a test which I found mildly amusing. You want to pray do it but to yourself.

Abortion has nothing to do with me it's not my choice not my body they do what they want infact why do people even need to know? The old saying goes "if you don't like abortions don't have one"
As tha polls close like a casket, On truth devoured
A silent play on the shadow of power! A spectacle monopolized!
The camera's eye on choice disguised. Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil? - Rage Against the Machine
mirthalac
INTL Alumni

Reply 11 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-07-02 08:51:25 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quote:

Lets see how your family does when society is shitted down the drain.

hahahahaha!

see, the liberatarians and greens would be the ultimate set of checks and balances against one another. they're far enough apart on major issues that a wonderous national debate might actually break out, and progress might actually get made! and their first acts as a congress would probably be to repeal all the back-asswards drug laws, attempt to lower taxes, increase corporate accountablilty, and be more stringent on environmental issues. socially, abortion (a sensible form of population control) would be come NOT SUCH A FUCKING BIG DEAL, and as a result, standard of living increases would be rampant. campaign finance reform would get passed, and it would take the wanton major donations from corporations out of the race, and make candidates actually work FOR THE PEOPLE. how's that for a concept?

As a single white guy that is toiling away, making enough money to pay his bills every month, but living BELOW the poverty line, i would gladly pay more taxes than i already do (which is still an enormous amount) to see some logical, non-reactive legislation enacted.
Bobby Crosby's
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 12 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 09:40:53 AM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
"Republican" and "Common Sense" are not to be used in mixed company.
Same works for Christian.
"I have nothing but the greatest respect for Christian fundamentalists, because it takes a lot of stamina and dedication to successfully block out all forms of logic and reason for so long." -Lowtax

"my contest for YOU, salamando, is to post fewer threads with more content. GO!!" -Jimmy (To a thread in RS)
Stevo
The Monkey Pirate King

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+101 / -41)
Reply 13 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 01:26:41 PM)

Fuck the GOP. Common sense outbreak my ass.

You really don't understand the issues, do you? The GOP's tax cut isn't going to help you in any substantial amount unless you're in the top 10% of earnings, (the top 1% of the nation), you're pissing off most any other foreign country that still has any modicum of respect for us (and most don't), and you're buying into a corporation-based economy that has no need for you.

Way to look out for "your family", patriarch jimmy.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 14 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 01:27:25 PM)

Quote:
Same works for Christian

*gasp*

FUCK YOU!!!
"jamie had a chance, well, she really did...
instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids
mark still lives at home cause he's got no job, he just plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot

jay commited suicide, brendon OD'ed and died
what the hell is going on?
cruelest dream, reality"

NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 15 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 01:33:05 PM)

ha ha, your name is christian.
Lately I've been feeling dead inside, Like my guts have dried up and died
But every night I water them back to life
When I fall down I'll fall apart, Trade in my bike for a shopping cart
and beg change from a world that needs some
But I'm so inebriated that I cannot see, Between the moon and you, lunacy is setting in
MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reply 16 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 06:11:13 PM)

Quote:
You really don't understand the issues, do you? The GOP's tax cut isn't going to help you in any substantial amount unless you're in the top 10% of earnings, (the top 1% of the nation)

And taking even more money out of my paycheck will?

Quote:
you're pissing off most any other foreign country that still has any modicum of respect for us (and most don't)

By not telling them our secrets? By not kissing their ass? By not letting them walk all over us?

Quote:
and you're buying into a corporation-based economy that has no need for you.

Corporations dont need people as employees? So who works there? Animals?
Stevo
The Monkey Pirate King

LBH was here.

Reply 17 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 06:20:48 PM)

MBS, please don't embarass yourself by replying to any sort of political thread ever again.

Quote:
And taking even more money out of my paycheck will?

1. It's not your paycheck. It's your mommy and daddy's.
2. It's not necessarily out of your paycheck. Monetary value taken from your paycheck is returned to you in services; such as education, police protection, public transportation, etc.

Quote:
By not telling them our secrets? By not kissing their ass? By not letting them walk all over us?

By invading their countries and installing dictators? Yeah.

Quote:
Corporations dont need people as employees? So who works there? Animals?

Corporations don't need individuals. Don't be so naive. Hence the shift from life-long employee-ship to the temp workers we have today.
MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reply 18 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 06:45:18 PM)

Quote:
1. It's not your paycheck. It's your mommy and daddy's.

Know that for a fact? No you dont.[/quote]
Quote:
2. It's not necessarily out of your paycheck. Monetary value taken from your paycheck is returned to you in services; such as education, police protection, public transportation, etc.

My public high school sucked, Ive never used any forms of public transportation (at least not that I HAD TO PAY FOR) and I live so far out in a rural area the police would never get here in time.

Quote:
By invading their countries and installing dictators? Yeah.

Bush has bombed Afganinstan which housed the terrorist that made a DIRECT ATTACK on us. Bush also wants to make sure Iraq lets in the weapons inspectors and make sure they are actually WEAPONS INSPECTORS AND NOT TOURISTS! Clinton bombed Kosovo to get attention off of his penis activities. Clinton also sent the Rangers into Somolia after a guy that had absolutely no effect on us, and he didn't even finish the job.

Quote:
Corporations don't need individuals. Don't be so naive. Hence the shift from life-long employee-ship to the temp workers we have today.

Lazy off and do nothing when you are suppose to be working then you will find that your stay with that corp is as temp as possible. Work hard and you will find the opposite.

Congrats, you just recieved the first negative karma point I have EVER given to anybody.
Stevo
The Monkey Pirate King

LBH was here.

Reply 19 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 10:34:28 PM)

Quote:
Know that for a fact? No you dont

Yes.
Quote:
Highschool Student, Farmer

As a highschool student, you're not old enough to pay taxes other than ss, which isn't a tax. Also, 90% chance you don't make enough annual money to be taxed anyway, as any job a highschool student would have that would garner that much money would require said student to be almost a genius, which you MOST DEFINATLY are not.

Dumbass. I told you not to reply.

Quote:
My public high school sucked, Ive never used any forms of public transportation (at least not that I HAD TO PAY FOR) and I live so far out in a rural area the police would never get here in time.

So what if you had to pay for the transportation? The higher the taxes, the less you have to pay.

The rest of your points are too stupid to address...

Quote:
Bush has bombed Afganinstan which housed the terrorist that made a DIRECT ATTACK on us. Bush also wants to make sure Iraq lets in the weapons inspectors and make sure they are actually WEAPONS INSPECTORS AND NOT TOURISTS! Clinton bombed Kosovo to get attention off of his penis activities. Clinton also sent the Rangers into Somolia after a guy that had absolutely no effect on us, and he didn't even finish the job.

Are we just talking about those incidents? No.

PLEASE, SOMEONE ELSE (ICE, ANYONE) STEP IN HERE. I AM SO GODDAMN SICK OF SHOWING IDIOTS THE SHEER INSANITY OF US FP.

Quote:
Lazy off and do nothing when you are suppose to be working then you will find that your stay with that corp is as temp as possible. Work hard and you will find the opposite.

Bullshit. That statement is so naive it doesn't even necessitate a reply, but I'll give you one. Ever heard of Downsizing? Mergers? Think only the lazy ones get fired?

Watch Roger and Me. Do some research. Think.

Quote:
Congrats, you just recieved the first negative karma point I have EVER given to anybody.

Cool. Give me 10 more.
Stevo
The Monkey Pirate King

LBH was here.

Reply 20 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 10:35:05 PM)

For the record, I told you not to reply, as you'd embarass yourself...

Learn to take some advice.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 21 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 11:06:48 PM)

If I may interject: Ouch.
Where can I turn for comfort? Where do the cold days end?
Where has the sunshine gone? Where do our two hearts blend?
Where has love gone and hidden? Where must I go to find?
The more I shun romance, the more love is defined.
Stevo
The Monkey Pirate King

LBH was here.

Reply 22 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 11:09:17 PM)

Don't run with scissors, Mike.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 23 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-08-02 11:15:36 PM)

I shall do my best.
Where can I turn for comfort? Where do the cold days end?
Where has the sunshine gone? Where do our two hearts blend?
Where has love gone and hidden? Where must I go to find?
The more I shun romance, the more love is defined.
old.jimmy
Too Dumb To Fuck

Reply 24 of 29 (Originally posted on: 11-09-02 12:40:58 AM)

Quoted from Stevo:
Fuck the GOP. Common sense outbreak my ass.

You really don't understand the issues, do you? The GOP's tax cut isn't going to help you in any substantial amount unless you're in the top 10% of earnings, (the top 1% of the nation)

i'm sorry, but i remember receiving a little check in the mail just two years ago. i believe that helped me. it definitely helped more than the tax hike that would have ensued to create more "surplus."

Quoted from Stevo:
you're pissing off most any other foreign country that still has any modicum of respect for us (and most don't),

since when was the respect of other countries important to me? what do i get in the package deal that contains the respect of countries such as the netherlands, sweden, finland, china, north korea, france, etc? what benefit could there possibly be in becoming the netherlands' closest ally? free hookers? marijuana? a nation who loses ground to the sea every year? sweet deal. it's not like they're going to invade us if they get mad enough. the fact is that the global community may not respect us, but they damn sure do fear us. in those cases, i would rather be feared than respected.

Quoted from Stevo:
and you're buying into a corporation-based economy that has no need for you.

two words. small business. you provide a service, people pay you. you live *modestly*, but with job security out the nose and independence from the whims of some CEO that's looking to make a quick million. another way of avoiding becoming corporate-dependent is public service. we always need teachers...we always need law enforcement. these jobs don't pay well, but are secure. i don't need a 6 billion square foot home and 59 benzes in the driveway to be happy. (yes, i understand these jobs are tax-dependent. it does not bother me that a tax cut would result in lower salaries.)

Quoted from Stevo:
Way to look out for "your family", patriarch jimmy.

my family will not need to be wealthy to be happy. my children will be taught the value of hard work. they will be taught to be thankful for what they have and not to depend on others around them for security and happiness.
omg, i'm so lolol.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1694 | Total Posts: 29 ]