Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > What Was The First Game You Remember Playing? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3719 | Total Posts: 46 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 10-25-02 09:50:23 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

There was this one on the Nintendo, I forget the name. You had a little guy and he was running and when you stopped for awhile he sat down and it looked like he was smoking from a bong. I have no idea what the name was...World Runner? I'm not sure...

Some others are Strider, Lode Runner, Kung-Fu Heroes and Contra. And this is when I was like 2-4 years old.
Critical Acclaim for Flaming Arrow
| "Until I stop seeing you as hating me and wanting me banned, you're on my shit list." - Globethrasher |
| "Funny." - Sandamnit | "Your kingliness shuns Jews." - Wheezy | "I love you." - Zuri | "Spiffy." - NNY |
| "You opened me up to a whole new wonderful world of golden showers and bisexual group sex." - Dani |
| "If Gandhi were straight, and had really ugly children with Ed Gein, that kid might've been half as cool as Phil." - PR |
| "You manage to respond relatively quickly to IMs." - Emp | "You masturbate more than anyone else I know." - Kman |
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 1 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 10:26:45 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Kung Fu, Mario Brothers, the original Zelda
Never really understand what anything means
And how can I resist, something more than this?
Another second of my life, not knowing if it's true
Whispering the secret, whispering there is
Always something other, something more than this
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 10:27:07 AM)

pong
Desperation -> d espE RAtI on -> A Repo Edsn It -> A Rope Ends It
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 3 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 10:42:33 AM)

Oh, yes, Mario Brothers. Of course! I can't belive I forgot about that.

And Mingan, you're old. Hahaha, pong!
| "Until I stop seeing you as hating me and wanting me banned, you're on my shit list." - Globethrasher |
| "Funny." - Sandamnit | "Your kingliness shuns Jews." - Wheezy | "I love you." - Zuri | "Spiffy." - NNY |
| "You opened me up to a whole new wonderful world of golden showers and bisexual group sex." - Dani |
| "If Gandhi were straight, and had really ugly children with Ed Gein, that kid might've been half as cool as Phil." - PR |
| "You manage to respond relatively quickly to IMs." - Emp | "You masturbate more than anyone else I know." - Kman |
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 4 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 10:44:35 AM)

Oh, yes!! World Runner! That WAS it!

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes2/3dbattles.html

Oh, now that takes me back. That has to be the first game I ever remember playing.

Yeah, I first played it when I was 2 years old. 1988. Wow.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 5 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 10:52:13 AM)

Wow, World Runner was the first game Square ever made. Amazing.

To think, I thought my history with Square started with FF2 on the SNES. Now it goes back to 1988.
MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 6 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 11:23:20 AM)

Something for Atari 2600. Could have been a number of things:
Pitfall
Chopper Command
Barn Storm
Frogger
Defender

I don't know but it was probably one of them.

First Nintendo game was definately Duck Hunt.
ChakraMisfit
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 7 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 04:03:00 PM)

Flaming Arrow, I remember that game. 3-D World Runner for regular Nintendo. That game kicked ass!! If you paused the game, the guy would sit on the ground and smoke a cigarette (actually I think he was yawning) while it remained paused.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 8 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 07:39:16 PM)

! I remember that game, id play that for hours. i remember there was an option to play it with 3d glasses or something.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 9 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 09:12:50 PM)

Don't remember how old I was, but the Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cart. That thing ruled.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 10 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-25-02 10:16:15 PM)

This really old "RPG" based on Mother Goose's ferry tales. You'd have to find Little Bo Peep's sheep and stuff like that.
"If murder was legalised then everyone who is 14 or under would be killed by pedophiles."
-neo222
shelper

Ballkicks: (+58 / -7)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 11 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 07:29:16 AM)

frogger
and this weird game where you were a plumber and you had to make sure no little man climbed up the ladder so they would stuff themselves in test tubes and than fall down into the pipes where you needed to hit them with a hammer to get them out again.

that game rocked.
Mingan
INTL Alumni

Reply 12 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 07:33:04 AM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
And Mingan, you're old. Hahaha, pong!
it was ... well ... all there was, besides some bloody space invaders but pong was much, much better
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 13 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 07:49:27 AM)

Some weird game where you made some holes and traped baddies in them... it was for the Spectrum.
If you can read this, you need another beer. If you can't, you need some glasses.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 09:54:18 AM)

I played this Game were you should crawl around in a huge house and watch out for things, it was 2D and we played it on a commedore 64
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 15 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 04:39:17 PM)

Pong.
Mingan
INTL Alumni

Reply 16 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 05:21:21 PM)

Quoted from Sunshine:
Pong.
YES.

this thread got me all hooked up again. I browsed my cd drawers and found a collection of 8 cd's filled with classic games, hundreds of them, I had fun today
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 17 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 05:45:06 PM)

Duck Hunt, Mario Brothers, and Asteroids.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Outspoken, Opinionated, Empassioned and Shameless.
The Hyper Duck

Ballkicks: (+18 / -2)
Reply 18 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-26-02 08:00:05 PM)

Mario Brothers. I still haven't beaten it, but then again I haven't tried in 10 years.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reply 19 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-27-02 07:15:27 PM)

I didn't get started on video games until I was about eight or so, but man I sure did like them. [probably even more so than I did now].

The first game that I remember playing was Super Mario Bros. 3 on my friend's NES.
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing... - Tool
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 20 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-27-02 07:44:03 PM)

The origional Final Fantasy (NES) at my brothers friend's house. I would always watch, but they finally let me play once when they went outside. I had no fucking clue what I was doing.
This post brought to you by the letters F and U

"ULTIMATE FUCK-UP OF THE WEEK!!" - FA
"it's not too late." - Mr. Pixies
"asschowder." - Mirthalac
"I really, really dislike you." - Dani
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 21 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-27-02 10:48:03 PM)

Some ninja game on my friend's computer. You had throwing stars and sleep dust. Other stuff, I'm sure, but I only remember those.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 22 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-27-02 10:55:25 PM)

I remember playing this one Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game when I was like 3 or 4. I started playing my first console game(Super Mario) right when the NES was released, and I was like 5. Don't remember exactly, but I thought both games were so fucking hard.

Might be because I was 3-5 years old...
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 23 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-27-02 11:14:20 PM)

Quoted from ice:
Some ninja game on my friend's computer. You had throwing stars and sleep dust. Other stuff, I'm sure, but I only remember those.

I know that game! Its like..." 'Somethings' Revenge"
This post brought to you by the letters F and U

"ULTIMATE FUCK-UP OF THE WEEK!!" - FA
"it's not too late." - Mr. Pixies
"asschowder." - Mirthalac
"I really, really dislike you." - Dani
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 24 of 46 (Originally posted on: 10-28-02 09:50:10 AM)

all you people who are saying 'mario brothers' -- most likely you mean *super* mario brothers, as was the name of the game for NES where you saved the princess yadda yadda, but no. the original one was called mario brothers... and it was an odd game not at all like SMB.

also - this is all that there was to your precious nintento games: http://www.teambarker.co.uk/images/nes/duckhunt/closeupcart.jpg

i was surprised at how little there actually was to it. ive taken apart a nintendo system before and there was absolutely nothing in it... its an empty plastic box. looks like the carts were more of the same.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3719 | Total Posts: 46 ]