Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Snakes on a Plane > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 5706 | Total Posts: 48 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
(Originally posted on: 03-17-06 04:01:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

AKA the evidence for this forum's subtitle that "Samuel L. Jackson is in Everything!" and also AKA Motherfuckin' Snakes on a Motherfuckin' Plane (Bitch).

Snakes on a Plane

YouTube currently has a spoof trailer for the movie, as well as the newly released actual trailer. Hee hee.

Also, in this little interview clip, a giddy Mr Jackson If You're Nasty tells Ellen that he signed with the movie on the basis of the title alone, without reading the script.

I like that. Also I dislike snakes and feel it is likely that no matter how hilariously B-movie terrible it turns out to be, this would scare me. 500 snakes! ON A PLANE.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 09:17:37 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Ah they removed the actual trailer, I'll have to see if it's available elsewhere.

True story, the higher up people were going to change the title to something more.....less silly, and Jackson rallied against it, saying what you just did, that he only wanted to do the movie based on that title, and so they left it.

The director did Final Destination 2, which was a pretty vicious movie, so hopefully this one will not hold back. I'm envisioning snakes choking old ladies and babies, and Samuel Jackson is the only one one the plane who isn't afraid of the snakes, also he is immune to their poison (if they are poisonous), and the whole movie is him running around the plane saving everyone, and flushing the snakes down the toilet. And at sometime, someone has to open the plane door, maybe to jump out in hysteria, or to try and dump lots of the snakes out, causing him and some other people to fall out.

Ok, they are poisonous, that's cool. I want to see some blue babies, and Samuel Jackson has to suck the poison out, and there'd be a long line of people who were bit that have to have him suck the poison out, and he says, "Women and Children first!". Yeah, lots of fun, now I really have to order this
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion

This reply was last edited on 03-17-06 09:24:14 PM by Mr Pixies.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 2 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 09:28:10 PM)

Well damn, it was there early today. This is the official site but it's pretty non-descript. Here is the Wiki for it...

I think the other title was something to the effect of "Pacific Air Flight 121," and I am in full agreement with Samuel L. Jackson - if you're going to make a movie about snakes on a frickin' plane, don't try to make it sound more serious than that. lol @ duck hunt

The real trailer is pretty hilarious, I believe the words "I've had enough of these snakes" are uttered, and snakes pop out of every possible crevice. But I can't find it MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Edit: A few images.

EDIT AGAIN SNAKES ON A MOTHERFUCKING PLANE
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 3 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 09:33:31 PM)

Weird I actually just watched that trailer on the youtube website about two hours ago or so.

A definite sequal to this would be Snakes on a Submarine!
My little website i'm a serial-killer :)
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 4 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-18-06 02:41:48 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
EDIT AGAIN SNAKES ON A MOTHERFUCKING PLANE

Oh, apparently this is not the *official trailer*, just advance screening, and it's going to be cleaned up or something and the official trailer comes out next month.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 5 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-19-06 09:49:14 AM)

I think I'm getting a Snakes on a Plane t-shirt for my birthday.

I love action/horror movies that are ultimately satirical material, but that take themselves more seriously than shit like Scary Movie; I find them to be a lot funnier. So I'm looking forward to seeing this. I'm afraid that all of the Internet attention will make quoting this movie rival that of Napoleon Dynamite.
Who you know ever
Seen God?
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 6 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-19-06 10:13:25 AM)

They tried to get this writer to work on the script, and he was going to, but he quite because they told him they were gonna change the name: http://hucksblog.blogspot.com/2005/08/snakes-on-motherfucking-plane.html
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 7 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-19-06 07:42:49 PM)

Quoted from Vervet:
I think I'm getting a Snakes on a Plane t-shirt for my birthday.

Jealousy.
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 8 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-20-06 10:01:47 PM)

A conversation that transpired today went along the lines of:

"You're an emo."
"Snakes on a motherfucking plane, batman!"

The guy who said it dosen't even use the internet. How does this stuff spread?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 9 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-23-06 02:38:09 PM)

This movie is an INTERNET SENSATION.

This is the first movie I've gotten sick of hearing about before it's even come to theaters.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reply 10 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-23-06 05:55:14 PM)

Quoted from ice:
This movie is an INTERNET SENSATION.

This is the first movie I've gotten sick of hearing about before it's even come to theaters.

blair witch.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 11 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-23-06 11:14:20 PM)

Well, this one hasn't even come to theaters in the form of a trailer yet.
PopRocks

I can buck my hips and suck neck while pinned under 250 lbs of man; I had him do me doggy style so we could both watch "When Harry Met Sally"

Ballkicks: (+233 / -15)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 12 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-23-06 11:30:07 PM)

Who wouldn't want this on a T-shirt?

Quoted from [url:
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-03-24/[/url]] Jackson's Snake Film Creates Huge Buzz
Samuel L. Jackson's new mile-high thriller Snakes On A Plane has created such a buzz among internet film fans, movie bosses have called for re-shoots - to give the film a tougher rating. The film, which stars Jackson as an FBI agent trying to keep a federal witness alive onboard a plane full of snakes, wrapped last September - but went back before the cameras earlier this month for five days of additional shooting. Film bosses at distributor New Line Cinema opted to add new scenes to the film to take the movie from PG-13 into R-rated territory, according to industry magazine The Hollywood Reporter. They claim the second round of filming became necessary after intense and growing fan interest in the film, which is scheduled to be released this summer. Among the reported additions to the film is a foul-mouthed rant from Jackson in which his agent character bellows, "I want these motherf**king snakes off the motherf**king plane!" The line is expected to take on cult status. The film-makers have reportedly added more gore, more deaths, more nudity and more snakes to the finished product.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 13 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-24-06 12:11:43 AM)

Quote:
Among the reported additions to the film is a foul-mouthed rant from Jackson in which his agent character bellows, "I want these motherf**king snakes off the motherf**king plane!" The line is expected to take on cult status.

Haha. Fuck yes... (I think this line already has cult status without actual confirmation of it being in the movie).

Here are some pictures people have made, my personal favourites are this one and this one. This was the one that started it all, and is my current desktop background.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 14 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-24-06 12:34:54 AM)

i was looking forward to this movie until everyone else on the internet starting treating it like the funniest thing ever

jesus christ
bradism.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 15 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-24-06 01:39:23 AM)

I think, because of how much build up there has been, the movie will utterly disappoint.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 16 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-24-06 02:47:54 AM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
I think, because of how much build up there has been, the movie will utterly disappoint.

Probably, unless some babies and old people get bit, and Sam Jackson has to suck the poison out.
VAGINIAN

Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 17 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-24-06 08:02:07 PM)

I heard on the radio this morning that the movie was going to be PG-13, all the shooting was finished, but becasue of all this hype, they went back and shot more sex and violence, going for a hard R.
VAGINIAN

Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 18 of 48 (Originally posted on: 03-25-06 01:54:51 AM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:

How fucking high are your expectations?

I read that this was supposed to be a big war metaphor, Samuel L Jackson representing the sleeping giant America.

That's the funny part.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 19 of 48 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 01:38:52 AM)

Quoted from Mr Pixies:
I heard on the radio this morning that the movie was going to be PG-13, all the shooting was finished, but becasue of all this hype, they went back and shot more sex and violence, going for a hard R.

did you ehm, read poprocks' post?
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 20 of 48 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 06:19:50 AM)

I'm wondering how nudity is going to fit into this movie.
My little website i'm a serial-killer :)
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 21 of 48 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 07:28:45 AM)

Quoted from Aaron:

The snakes are going to rip the clothes off of the busty stewardess, and crawl into her orifices while a giant anaconda slowly suffocates her.
Who you know ever
Seen God?
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 22 of 48 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 08:15:56 AM)

i hate this movie

because i'm a non-conformist
bradism.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 23 of 48 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 09:57:56 AM)

Quoted from Aaron:

My guess would be Mile High Club Now With Added Snakes.
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 24 of 48 (Originally posted on: 04-27-06 05:51:37 AM)

This movie isn't even going to be bad in a good way. Its just going to be bad, in a bad way.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5706 | Total Posts: 48 ]