Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > St. Patrick's Day > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5053 | Total Posts: 53 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
(Originally posted on: 03-17-06 03:17:18 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So its St. Patrick's Day today and I was just wondering who is celebrating? Who here is Irish? I'm 1/4 Irish and I plan to celebrate that 25% of me. What are you guys doing to enjoy the celebrewation?
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 1 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 03:44:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The only real way to celebrate your 25% irish heritage is to drink a quarter of your body volume in alcohol.
Extrapolation

I move the stars for no one!

Ballkicks: (+84 / -20)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 2 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 03:51:32 PM)

I'm about 95% Welsh, which I figure is close enough (same Kingdom, different island). I'm wearing my Guinness t-shirt, so by the end of tonight, I'll be coated in Guinness inside and out.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 3 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 03:55:09 PM)

I don't think I'm going out. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS The friend I normally go to bars with is in super study mode and I don't like my other friends going to bars by myself. I might have a celebratory shot or ten at home, though. I'm not Irish, at any rate LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 4 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 04:14:16 PM)

Does Scots Irish count?
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 5 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 04:28:54 PM)

i'm 1/2 irish, but not drinking this evening. unfortunately.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 6 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 04:45:40 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
I don't think I'm going out. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS The friend I normally go to bars with is in super study mode and I don't like my other friends going to bars by myself. I might have a celebratory shot or ten at home, though. I'm not Irish, at any rate LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

with a name like kayte, even tho its not smelled kate, you are Irish, no matter where your relatives come from. so celebrate away.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 7 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 04:49:58 PM)

My.. great great grandparents.. I think that's it. They came from Ireland. But I don't drink. And I didn't even know what day it was. Or wear green. I suck. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[01:19] witty tirade: wait wait wait
[01:19] witty tirade: let me get this straight
[01:19] witty tirade: I'm the thin attractive one
[01:19] witty tirade: and you, the fat one, are making fun of me?
[01:19] witty tirade: no sir I do not believe it.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 8 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 04:54:52 PM)

Drinking is the order of the day tonight, and then going to a dope metal show. Lets get fucked! Unfortunately I have absolutely no green clothes.
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, vermögen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darüber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”

RUDOLF HESS
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reply 9 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 05:01:16 PM)

My ancestors were irish, therefore i follow every stereotypes associated with the irish lol am i rite??? all ur base r belong 2 us

Seriusly, by your definitions i'm 4/8 Danish, 3/8 & 1/8 French, but there is no way in hell i'm gonna let that define me, or somehow make me celebrate bastile day or oktoberfest, or other tacky superficial shit associated with the countries/cultures

How many of you are "irish" other that when it just happens to suit you?

Look, i know i made many a arguments against americans and their heritage, especialy against the Dimi's and Tyr, where i got wiser during our convos.....

But this is where i draw the fucking line

if i hear any more "I have partial irish ancestors therefore i drink a lot LOL", I........Well i can't do anything, but to tell you how unimaginary and cultural superficial you are

Oh, and i don't mind a day devoted to drinking beer, but don't tag a cultural package to it
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
skimmerboy11487
Yeaaaaa boi!

Ballkicks: (+11 / -4)
Reply 10 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 05:18:19 PM)

I'm 50% Irish and I'll tea bag tag my cultural package on your face. Because it's St. Patty's day, everyone's Irish today.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 11 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 05:22:09 PM)

Surt, what if your family had certain traditions that had been passed down since your family moved to denmark?

Mine does drinking isn't one of them, but there are other things we've always done, and that every member of my family remembers having done every year.

Soda Bread on St. Patricks is something we assumed was picked up in ireland, but my family has always made and eaten soda bread. We've got an old family recipee for the stuff.

My mother lived in Germany when she was a little girl, and a lot of the food we eat and make in my house is german because of this. My mother acquired a taste for the food, and so did I.

There are plenty of things I like that I've acquired from my family. I'm from an old traditional Floridian family as, and old florida had a unique culture that was a conglomeration of celtic, english and spanish traditions. There are recipees that we make that come directly from spain, there are things we celebrate, like May Day, because of the celtic influence, and we love tea and have for generations, probably because of the english influence. There's even an old recipee we have for haggis, though no one's made it in recent memory and my grandad mentioned eating it to celebrate some obscure scottish holiday when he was very small.

Now Surt, you're a logical person, and I know that you wouldn't dump on someone else's heritage simply because you don't have one of your own.

You're right to criticize those who turn St. Patty's into a day of drinking because they have obscure irish ancestry... unless their families have been using St. Pattys as a day of drinking for generations.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a party to attend.
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 12 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 05:34:18 PM)

Quoted from skimmerboy11487:
I'm 50% Irish and I'll tea bag tag my cultural package on your face. Because it's St. Patty's day, everyone's Irish today.

generic shitty quotes 101

St. Patricks day in america is a farce

It's comparative to the scandinavian descendants in Minnesota celebrating their ancestry by wearing horned viking helmets, drinking mjřd etc. stupid cultural stereotypes

And i don't follow any tradition in my family, if i would do, i wouldn't notice, and it would just be randomnes.
Tradition, as such is a shitty thing in my opinion, i am in no way going to be influenced by the past of my relatives, in somehow dictating how i must live our celebrate. I'm a unique personality, and i'm not going to do shitty traditions, like cooking shitty food or celebrating stupid holidays, based on my ancestral, cultural or national background.
skimmerboy11487
Yeaaaaa boi!

Ballkicks: (+11 / -4)
Reply 13 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 05:55:50 PM)

Hey, cheer up emo kid.

My pops makes irish coffee on days like these. He's 100% irish and even though I don't give a shit, I'll still drink the coffee. Or maybe I'll even ask him for some because that's one of his traditions and him seeing that I like his stupid coffee makes him happy that he can make me happy.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 14 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 06:13:43 PM)

Quoted from skimmerboy11487:
Hey, cheer up emo kid.

My pops makes irish coffee on days like these. He's 100% irish and even though I don't give a shit, I'll still drink the coffee. Or maybe I'll even ask him for some because that's one of his traditions and him seeing that I like his stupid coffee makes him happy that he can make me happy.

yeah, mutual denial is awesome

Oh, and i am no where Emo, that's a wrong judgement from your part. But i'm willing to guess that your the kinda guy who thinks chuck norris quotes are funny
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 15 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 06:16:57 PM)

i dont know much about chuck norris, but Macgyver is amazing. Ever watch?
IF0
Administrator

Reply 16 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 06:28:28 PM)

Surt, it doesn't particularly matter what your GENETIC heritage is when it comes to following CULTURAL habits.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 17 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 06:46:51 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Surt, it doesn't particularly matter what your GENETIC heritage is when it comes to following CULTURAL habits.

Quote:
i'm not going to do shitty traditions, like cooking shitty food or celebrating stupid holidays, based on my ancestral, cultural or national background.

IF0
Administrator

Reply 18 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 06:48:41 PM)

I guess I gave you the benefit of the doubt about NOT being ethnocentric when it came to cultural traditions, apparently. I don't see how any particular tradition could be "stupid" or "shitty," since one culture isn't exactly any "better" than another. It's all relative.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 19 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 06:51:13 PM)

hey surt, you are just a party pooper. thats what you are. You are the person sitting in the corner of a party pissed off cuz you believe the reason for the party is BS. Well I think it is idiotic to deny your heritage. It doesnt have to define your life or who you are, but you should be proud of where you came from. And if you turn a St. Patricks day thread into some deep cultural statement, then you've got problems. Relax, have fun, and enjoy your life, enjoy St.Patricks day, whether you are 100% 50% or 0% irish, celebrate Irish tradtion anyway you can. Don't be a bum in the rug or a wallflower at a party.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 20 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 07:34:43 PM)

I got 100% tanked because of my 100% heritage.

I am, Australian.
bradism.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 21 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 07:38:59 PM)

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
I got 100% tanked because of my 100% heritage.

I am, Australian.

That is as good of a reason as any.
artzilla
Firefox remembers my PASSWORD

More like Grandpa AWESOME

Ballkicks: (+95 / -25)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
Reply 22 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 07:42:49 PM)

I celebrate LIFE everyday. I'm not Irish. But every day of life is a special day to me. I don't drink either. Life is too precious not to celebrate it every day. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may not come, today is all you have. Enjoy it, make the most of it.
Mind over Matter! I don't mind and it don't matter!
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 23 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 08:10:39 PM)

I bitched about how everyone wore green today. I wore blue and brown. Then I drove my car for four hours (yeah 495!).

Great day.
Marius Portius: You're exploding in a big exploding explosion of sex and personality
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 24 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-17-06 08:18:51 PM)

Some people seem to think they are cool because they think they are unique and anti-culture or whatever the hell they think they are doing. I agree with artzilla enjoy life everyday. Its St. Patricks day, enjoy St.Patricks day. Wearing green doesn't make you cool, niether does being a rebel and wearing blue. Its St. Patricks day, its a holiday, enjoy life and celebrate the holiday.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5053 | Total Posts: 53 ]