Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Arena: Bunch of dudes talking about balls > The Olympics > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] [ Thread Views: 13808 | Total Posts: 131 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
(Originally posted on: 02-10-06 11:58:41 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

That time every four years when it is possible to lose a lot of money betting on Curling and Speed Skating has come once again: The Winter Olympics.

What is your crap Non-U.S. country good at?
Who are your stars that the rest of the world has never heard of?
Do you give a shit about the Olympics?

All of these are massive questions that weigh heavily upon this thread.

Where did that guy find such an enormous joint? He must be running from the police.

SHIT SHE BROKE THE OLYMPICS

International Ku Klux Klan Convention '06
This reply was last edited on 02-21-06 01:11:46 AM by Dante.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 1 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 12:54:08 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I like the Olympics!!

I read once that the Olympics are like the biggest fuck fest ever, which makes sense if you think about it. All those people in the best physical condition of their lives, the adrenalin pumping, and they all live together! I wish I were an Olympian.

Umm I think there's like some sport called hockey that Canadians are supposed to be good at. Also some people made some "bold" medal count predictions..
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 01:24:00 AM)

I am super pumped for Olympic Hockey. I love it. Aside from that the Winter Olympics don't appeal to me too much, the summer ones are more my cup of tea.

What was with the hell-like opening ceremony scene? They were scary.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 3 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 04:25:33 AM)

Quoted from kayte:
I like the Olympics!!

I read once that the Olympics are like the biggest fuck fest ever, which makes sense if you think about it. All those people in the best physical condition of their lives, the adrenalin pumping, and they all live together! I wish I were an Olympian.

Umm I think there's like some sport called hockey that Canadians are supposed to be good at. Also some people made some "bold" medal count predictions..

You forgot curling HOW COULD YOU
www.thepartylive.com
artzilla
Firefox remembers my PASSWORD

More like Grandpa AWESOME

Ballkicks: (+95 / -25)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
Reply 4 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 08:40:28 AM)

Is "Bobsledding" an event? I'd like to try that once before I die, what a rush!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the "present", make the most of it!
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 5 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 09:01:52 AM)

I predict that the proud Norse people will athletically rape this competition.
LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reply 6 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 09:02:18 AM)

Quoted from artzilla:
Is "Bobsledding" an event? I'd like to try that once before I die, what a rush!

Yes, yes it is.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 7 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 10:55:33 AM)

Canada will likely win shitloads of medals, as that's all we're good at.

Interesting fact: Canada's 'official' Olympics gear is being sold by the Hudson Bay Company, Canada's oldest company. Except they're now owned by an American.
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, vermgen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”

RUDOLF HESS
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reply 8 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 11:05:01 AM)

Wednesday morning...Canada vs Italy in Men's Hockey.

Hockey is the selling point of the winter olympics, in my opinion. Even though Canada always does decent in most other things, hockey is still where it's at.

EDIT: And we're usually the best dressed. Way to hop on the Roots bandwagon after Nagano. UK and USA, I'm lookin at you.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 9 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 12:54:37 PM)

Well Sweden pretty much sucks these days, and once again we will be horribly humiliated by Norway.

We'll get some medals in the short distance sprint-skiing, maybe some in womens downhill skiing, possibly a hockey medal. (apart from the lame female hockey that no one cares about)
And at least one curling medal, likely a gold.

Theres also some obscure stuff that no ones heard about, like the freestyle things.

I'm also hoping for Germany though, and things are looking a lot better there.
There are two German golds already after one day of competitions, and lots of other medal chances.

So surely a top-5 position in the total medal league should be no problem for Germany.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 10 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 01:07:50 PM)

Spain might actually get a medal this time, thanks to Rienda, a chick who is apparently pretty good at one of those skiing downhill competitions.

The Winter Olympics are not really taken seriously around here, because we suck at all these sports. I watch curling on Eurosport every now and then, though.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 11 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 01:14:15 PM)

Hey sukkit, remember last time when Muehlegg, the German or Austrian who competed for Spain totally slaughtered everyone in all the cross-country skiing competitions?

Surely Spains greatest success in a winter competition ever, until he got caught for doping and lost all his gold medals, of course.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 12 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 01:25:48 PM)

That was hilarious because everybody called him "Juanito" when he won but went back to saying "Johann Muehlegg" when he tested positive.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 13 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 01:45:14 PM)

Yeah he sure ruined those entire olympics for a lot of other athletes. (Or was it a world championship?)

He sort of made the whole cross-country medal lists completely irrelevant, because its not like the guys who finally got those gold medals would have won them if Muehlegg hadn't been there.
A lot of people burned themselves out trying to follow his insane tempo.

He WAS pretty damn impressive though, doping or not.
He must have been extremely good at doping himself, because lots of athletes use banned substances, but that usually doesn't make them completely outclass the entire world elite in every single event.

And oh man, is that guy ugly or what.
DRAHNIER
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 14 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 01:54:13 PM)

Curic Aida of the Bosnia team is worth the price of admission.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 15 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 02:27:53 PM)

Womens hockey: Italy - Canada 0-14.
And the game isn't even over.

This illustrates the more pathetic and laughable aspect of the olympics.
Sports no one cares about where a few nations are (relatively) good and the rest of the world are fucking amateurs.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 16 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 02:46:21 PM)

Yeah, the Winter Olympics are like swimming in the summer games, and everybody's from Namibia.
stumpy006

only a true pokemon master can evolve Mew to the third level

Ballkicks: (+19 / -8)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 17 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 02:53:16 PM)

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:

Sports no one cares about where a few nations are (relatively) good and the rest of the world are fucking amateurs.

Hockey's definately the worst example of this. More in Women's than Men's. Its the same with the IIHF World Juniors hockey tournament, for those who are farmiliar with it ... there are a handful of countries that have much better hockey development programs than others, which results in lopsided tournaments at every level of the game ...
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 18 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 03:00:48 PM)

Quote:
Hockey's definately the worst example of this. More in Women's than Men's

Well the mens hockey isn't like this at all, really.
There, even the worst teams might not lose to the best ones with more than a few goals, and there are like 7 top-class teams.

In womens hockey, Canada is totally superior, and everyone else apart from Finland, USA, Sweden and Russia are absolutely horrible.
Also, tackling isn't allowed, what the fuck is that about?

Edit: By the way, Canada scored at least 2 more goals during the last minutes of that game.
They got about one goal every other minute during large parts of it, and had like 70-5 in shots.

Not that i watched more than a few minutes of it, of course.
DRAHNIER
This reply was last edited on 02-11-06 03:05:56 PM by drahnier.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 19 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 06:54:51 PM)

I had a cousin who competed in Nagano. I have always like the winter olympics better and would like to watch them someday.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reply 20 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 07:00:38 PM)

A few days ago some Italian-Canadians who are playing for the mens hockey team were bragging about getting ready to give Team Canada a run for their money. I really do feel bad for them.Considering they might have the skill level of a mediocre jr b team...which is 6 steps below the NHL.

Prediction 25-0
www.thepartylive.com
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 21 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 07:14:59 PM)

Sweden should have some potential in the hockey tournament, but as we notoriously fail miserably in these things, it will be really hard to advance beyond the quarterfinal.

There are 6 teams in each group, and i think 4 of them advance to the quarterfinals, so beating Latvia and Kazachstan really shouldn't be a problem.

So 7 of the quarterfinal teams are already obvious from the start. (Canada, USA, Finland, Russia, Chech Rep, Slovakia, Sweden)
And i really think Germany should beat Switzerland and Italy to be the 8th.
DRAHNIER
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 22 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 07:17:47 PM)

Team Italy only got to play because they were the host country anyway, and their team is like brand new, so it's not too surprising that they got hammered.

I don't think you can use hockey as an example of a sport that no one cares about when that and figure skating are pretty much the figure head sports of the winter Olympics. :/ Curling, though... LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

Quoted from mmac:
I have always like the winter olympics better and would like to watch them someday.

I hope very much to be able to be in Vancouver for the 2010 Games. I saw some lady on the news a few nights ago who has attended each Olympics (as a spectator, not competitor) since 1972. Wow.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 23 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 07:21:19 PM)

Quote:
I don't think you can use hockey as an example of a sport that no one cares about when that and figure skating are pretty much the figure head sports of the winter Olympics. :/ Curling, though...

I think i can use FEMALE hockey as an example.

Also, figure skating is only big in north america, no one gives a fuck about it here.
Here it's cross-country skiing and hockey.

You just don't like skiing because you totally suck at it.

And i imagine in all the bigger nations of central europe it's cross-country skiing and something else, like ski-jumping.
DRAHNIER
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 131 (Originally posted on: 02-11-06 08:07:00 PM)

Get some sleep, drah, I didn't say anything about skiing :P

Quote:

Also, figure skating is only big in north america, no one gives a fuck about it here.

Sure... except for Russia and China amirite.

Meanwhile, women's hockey is a new sport, this is only it's third Olympics, having started in 1998. Give it time to get more popular.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 13808 | Total Posts: 131 ]