Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Europeans mean to be funny, Muslims mean business > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 10305 | Total Posts: 97 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-04-06 10:32:29 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Syrians have set fire to the Norwegian and Danish embassies in Damascus to protest at the publication of newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Iran says it should consider abandoning commercial and trade deals with countries where the cartoons have appeared

The Vatican says the right to freedom of expression does not imply the right to offend religious beliefs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4681294.stm

[Much praise is to be given to these Muslims, they take their culture seriously and and will fight for it at the drop of a hat. Allah Ackbar!]
Bleach your mind of illusion.
Then think about the future.

“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, verm÷gen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darŘber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”

RUDOLF HESS
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 10:52:30 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
Some of the cartoons depict Muhammad as a terrorist.

"Alright, they think our God is a terrorist. We need to prove them wrong. Any suggestions? Ahmed? Burn their embassy? I like the cut of your jib!"

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find na´ve, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 11:07:18 AM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Quote:
Some of the cartoons depict Muhammad as a terrorist.

"Alright, they think our God is a terrorist. We need to prove them wrong. Any suggestions? Ahmed? Burn their embassy? I like the cut of your jib!"

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Muhammed =/= Allah
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 3 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 11:09:06 AM)

My bad. I knew that.
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find na´ve, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 4 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 04:23:27 PM)

Quoted from Bon:

The Vatican says the right to freedom of expression does not imply the right to offend religious beliefs

Which is funny because that's exactly what it implies.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
frosty
This ban belongs to frosty now

I want Frosty to take my anal virginity!!1

Ballkicks: (+68 / -9)
Reg. Date: Aug 2005
Reply 5 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 05:57:01 PM)

Quote:
Iran says it should consider abandoning commercial and trade deals with countries where the cartoons have appeared

Frosty says such action would be reasoned, proportional and make excellent commercial sense and therefore raise the living standards of the Iranian people.

Seriously though, what the hell is wrong with these people? Alright, so they want to protest and a few want to do so violently, but you'd have to be a clinical retard not to see that, the Danish and Norwegian (?!) governments aren't even indirectly responsible for what happened.

Still, I suppose they'll acheive at least some kind of success in that it's doubtless vastly decreased the chances of anyone daring to attempt anything similar in the near future. If I was the artist in question, I'd be cacking myself.
Congratulations! You've just been tuned in by the Frosty Service Crew, INTL's no.1 casual firm...
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 6 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 06:57:23 PM)

Where can I find a picture of this cartoon on the internet? Somebody should put it up so we can see what the big deal was about.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
superstar satisfaction

pseudO Buddha

Ballkicks: (+21 / -12)
Reg. Date: Sep 2005
Reply 7 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 07:44:11 PM)

mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 8 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 08:03:50 PM)

He looks more russian to me than arabic
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 9 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 08:27:37 PM)

Quoted from mmac:

yeah he looks like a friggin cossak. Well I guess Muslims in Iran cannot take a joke, if comedy isnt banned state wide.
www.thepartylive.com
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reply 10 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 02:58:32 AM)

The newspaper page that started it all.

I hope this leads to some sort of war. You don't just attack Norwegian soil and get away with it.
LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reply 11 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 06:49:04 AM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

It explains pretty good what happened, and what actully triggered the making of these drawings....

I think it's sad to see that those protesters in the Moslem countries are such tools, they always need something to be angry about, initiated by their shitty (religious) leaders......

Now, i could undertsand if they were attacking and protesting, and burning Dannebrog if it was because we were dumb enough to go into iraq, but threathening my country because of some cartoons a newspaper made is idiotic, these people run around with these things you put around a horses eyes (skyklapper in danish) and can't see the bigger picture.

To collectively punish the citizens and companies of Denmark and Norway for what a single newspaper published is amazingly ignorant, but these poor misguided souls aren't used to that, in their shitty countries everything i government controlled......

I don't like Nazi parades, and if they choose to march, they must expect to be counterprotested, like the newspaper should have anticipated that they would also meet resistance....But the protest should be guided at the ones responsible, and not innocents caught in the crossfire

I think it's funny that they want us to change our laws regarding free speech......how dare they act superoir in law matters, fucking barbarians chopping hands off, torture and the continual and disgusting degredation of women

And you never hear the Imam's and Mufti's complain when they post blatanly anti-semetic cartoons, or depict jews as monsters in television series, and i wouldn't mind if they did, as long as they also would accept that we also have the right to caricature them, and pick fun at them, hyppocrits.

You americans probably aren't used to having so many moslems around, they are like our versions of "the ghetto", but with notable differences to the american latino and black ghetto's

- They come to the scandinavian countries because we have the best welfare in the world
- They try to emulate american "gangster" culture, in a disturning way, since we didn't bring them over as slaves, but saved them from poor living conditions
- Most are easily provocted over nothing, and they act xeneophobic (so do danes, cause and effect?)
- It's shitty that they all live in the same place, maybe they should spread out and assimilate into danish culture, but most just keep spinning down the spiral, caught between their shitty parents attempt to preserve their outdated culture, and the lures of the western world

In conclusion, If they won't respond with reason, then neither will i, so stop burning Dannebrog and try to attack us you fucking imbicile dickheads, The Vikings will destroy your idiotic ways, and defend the best and most free place on earth, Scandinavia.

PS. If any of you are good at drawing (izzy) then please make a drawing of the Thundergod Thor smashing Mj°lner into an "7th century arab looking guy"
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 12 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 07:20:03 AM)

Quoted from Superstar Surt:
A bunch of shit I've said about the arab culture, but you bitched at me for.

The End.

NeoPlasmicEagle
DUDE IT'S 7 AM STOP WANKING

Ballkicks: (+4 / -1)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 13 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 07:36:58 AM)

Surt, sounds quite a lot like muslims in the Netherlands, really. Though we're not as wealthy as you, we're not doing that bad ourselves.

So, some of them come here, looking for jobs etc. In principle I don't mind that at all, but here's the problem. Instead of marrying a dutch girl, or even a muslim dutch girl, they 'import' their wives from, say, Morocco... and usually from the most periferic areas there. No offence to them, but they still live in a way (and in the same mindsetting) as people did here, over 500 years ago.
So in a sense, we're letting our country be filled with the mentality that we had 500 years ago, very religious and 'honour'-based. I know this sounds a bit harsh, but think about it.

Also... the fact that the Arab countries simply ORDER 'us' western lands to change our freedom of speech seriously makes me mad. They, having a bunch of sheep and a lot of oil, order US, to change that which we've accomplished over the last 500 years because it does not match their Dark Age mentality?

And the great thing is that here in the Netherlands everyone has to be 'integrated', having a Dutch mentality etc. Eeeeveryone's yelling SO hard that they've done a great job... but just a few days I've heard an ?imam? preach about these caricatures. You can NOT fool me into believing that that was integrated.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 14 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 09:18:39 AM)

Quote:
- They try to emulate american "gangster" culture, in a disturning way, since we didn't bring them over as slaves, but saved them from poor living conditions
- Most are easily provocted over nothing, and they act xeneophobic (so do danes, cause and effect?)

Lets not go over the top here.

There's certainly truth in what you're describing, but i wouldn't say "most" arabs are like that.
The ones who aren't, like, teenagers coming from the worst ghetto-parts of the major cities aren't very aggressive or violent at all.
And as i don't live near any of those areas, there are a lot of arabs around here, but they don't seem to act any more obnoxiously than your general drunken swede does.
DRAHNIER
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reply 15 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 11:09:07 AM)

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:
Quote:

Lets not go over the top here.

There's certainly truth in what you're describing, but i wouldn't say "most" arabs are like that.
The ones who aren't, like, teenagers coming from the worst ghetto-parts of the major cities aren't very aggressive or violent at all.
And as i don't live near any of those areas, there are a lot of arabs around here, but they don't seem to act any more obnoxiously than your general drunken swede does.

You live in the countryside, my friend. Muslims congregate in big cities such as the ones where Surt and I live. I went to school with these people, I know how bad it is. Everything Surt says is true.
LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 16 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 01:57:32 PM)

I think Surt lives in Esbjerg, which i would hardly call a big city.
Also, i wouldn't call my city the countryside. (70-80 thousand people)

I really haven't noticed young arabs being much bigger assholes than any group of 14-15 year old Swedish boys are.
And the older arabs i go to school with (20-35 years) are quite friendly.

I'm sure it is worse in major cities though, because there all the arabs gather together in the worst and poorest neighbourhoods.
And living in a crime-infested ghetto tends to make people in general more aggressive.
DRAHNIER
This reply was last edited on 02-05-06 02:06:22 PM by drahnier.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 17 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 02:19:59 PM)

I saw a photo of a protesting guy hold up a banner saying "FREEDOM OF SPEECH GO TO HELL." What the fuck is that, it's freedom of speech that lets you practise your retarded religion in the first place.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 18 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 02:35:19 PM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
Quoted from mmac:

yeah he looks like a friggin cossak. Well I guess Muslims in Iran cannot take a joke, if comedy isnt banned state wide.

Images of the prophet are prohibited in Muslim culture.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-06-06 02:21:16 AM)

As was pointed out by Chimp and many others, Muslims are merely confirming our prejudices. I've seen so many on other message boards try to defend Muslims in some way, saying that this is the act of extremists, or that it is counter to Islamic teachings. But when was the last time Americans broke into and burned down an embassy of some other country? Or that any country allowed its citizens to destroy the embassies of other countries? I can't recall it happening anywhere other than Islamic countries.

Regardless of what the Koran says, Muslim culture and violence go hand in hand. It isn't that civilization is not yet structured enough in the Middle East to maintain law and order. We see examples of chaotic violence in Africa, which is very different from the organized and religiously motivated violence we see coming from Islamic countries. Muslim cultures dole out justice with extreme methods, and via values that contradict our own. While it is not sanctioned by Sharia, honor killings provide unique insight into the demented culture that dominates the Middle East. A woman who has been raped is considered to have dishonored her family, and must be killed.

Amusingly, some Muslims have taken this opportunity to lash back with their own cartoons. Lacking dirt on the Danes, they instead turn to their favorite target, the Jews. Here is a group they have plenty of experience pissing off:

While the anti-defamation league is not happy about this, I don't see the Jews burning down any embassies.
http://clevernothing.org
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 20 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-06-06 05:47:45 AM)

This is how I feel about Allah:

Warning - NWS dicksucking inside http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Dante/cum%20on%20my%20face.JPG NWS

users was warned for not linking and NWS tagging this image
This reply was last edited on 02-06-06 01:54:25 PM by Dante.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 21 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-06-06 05:52:12 AM)

Oh shit there's kidnappers in my hou
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 22 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-06-06 06:30:31 AM)

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:
I think Surt lives in Esbjerg, which i would hardly call a big city.
Also, i wouldn't call my city the countryside. (70-80 thousand people)

I really haven't noticed young arabs being much bigger assholes than any group of 14-15 year old Swedish boys are.
And the older arabs i go to school with (20-35 years) are quite friendly.

I'm sure it is worse in major cities though, because there all the arabs gather together in the worst and poorest neighbourhoods.
And living in a crime-infested ghetto tends to make people in general more aggressive.

Well, i really shouldn't have started a discussion about moslems in scandinavia, and rather focus on those down there...

But let me tell ya, i live in the eastern part of town, and i went to the worst elimentary school in the whole city, and while i totally agree that it's a shitty idea to congegrate all moslems in the same place, i certainly think they have the best chances for building a new and good life in scandinavia, than anywhere else in the world, free school, free money & freedom to be who you want to be.
Many Danes also live in those "bolig blokke" apartments, with a single mom etc. but they still manage to go to like a technical school or do something......It's like the Moslem kids have decided that they might aswell don't care about anything, and just stay mad, like a stubborn child.
Funny thing though, i've always thought that the somalis where the nicest, and that the arabs and turks seem to be most agressive, to the point where you can't even look at them right, i was well aware not to fight back when some 'perker' would try to provoke me into a fight, so i just held him, but didn't punch, cause if i had wiped some ass, his bigger brother would come......They are cowards alone, and only play smart in packs....

So yeah, Esbjerg may be a relative little town, but i for one have meet the full impact of the ghettorization of certain parts of town......a friend of mine from the northern part of time once said that they had one moslem at their elementary school.....

I believe that they have to break their pattern of destruction, and pull themselves together and MOVE ON, but they are inhibited in their culture in that......From our side i belive that they should be more spread out to easier assimilate into Danish soceity, IF they want to, because else, i think they should go back to their respective countries......but ah, monetary reasons conquor fatherland feelings in most cases....

Back to the issue at hand, MMAC, while i agree that it is generally a lame culture, i also think that the general population are subjected to alot of propaganda from both political and religious sides, and that i feel quite sorry for those, as they act like tools......
Further more, i wouldn't complain if they were burning stuff because we were dumb enough to go into iraq, but what i'm not putting up with is them trying to punish the whole Danish people for what a single newspaper which has it's own opinions publishes...

Also, they apperently burn the embasies down because they heard we were burning Korans in Copenhagen from an undocumented source.....They really don't need much more than a lie...
Also, they made images of our queen looking like a cow, because some dumbass mistranslated a quote from her to "oppose radical islam" to something like "attack islam"......I pity those reactionary biased fools, i would love to come on an egyptian news show, and own the fuck out of any of their commentators...

One Used a reference how we are afraid to be anti-semantic with reference to the movie "merchant from venice", and how it was changed to be more positive of jews, and i was like "that is a movie from hollywood, not Denmark, you fucking idiot"...I'm well aware that there is an anti-deformation leaugue in the US, but we have no such thing, and we also have very few jews, especially profilific jews.....so we don't talk much about them, but we critisize Israel very often. Oh, and christianity is like the number one religion we debate about and make fun of, but you never hear the Imams complain when that happens.....hypocrits
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 23 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-06-06 07:42:10 AM)

For mocking political conservatives quite often, you seem to be at the far end of conservative on this issue.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[01:19] witty tirade: wait wait wait
[01:19] witty tirade: let me get this straight
[01:19] witty tirade: I'm the thin attractive one
[01:19] witty tirade: and you, the fat one, are making fun of me?
[01:19] witty tirade: no sir I do not believe it.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 24 of 97 (Originally posted on: 02-06-06 07:49:06 AM)

Quoted from IF0:
For mocking political conservatives quite often, you seem to be at the far end of conservative on this issue.

Eh, all i'm doing is defending my country against unfair attacks, i really don't see your argument here, so i'm just assuming your trying to flame me

EDIT:

New image from the protestors omg yah rite fag lol

This reply was last edited on 02-06-06 09:14:39 AM by Sixten Sparre.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10305 | Total Posts: 97 ]