Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Super Bowl XL > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2829 | Total Posts: 37 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Who is going to win?
This poll has expired.
Pittsburgh Steelers 13 votes, 54.167%
Seattle Seahawks 11 votes, 45.833%
Totals: 24 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-03-06 05:47:30 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Super Bowl XL

When: Sunday, February 5, 2006 at 6 pm ET (ABC)
Where: Detroit, Michigan
Who: Seattle Seahawks (15-3-0) vs Pittsburgh Steelers (14-5-0)

Key Questions
- Who is going to win?
- Who do you want to win?

I'm gunning for the Seahawks, but I'm 75% sure that the Steelers are going to take it.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 1 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 05:59:02 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't know but it's definately going to be one of these teams. *sportscaster*

I voted Seahawks as a wild guess, since I haven't kept up with the NFL in a long time and have no clue what each team does.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 06:33:35 AM)

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelers.

Okay, I'm just as lost as Sam, but I'm trying to create an air of rivalry. Sam, your team is going DOWN
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 3 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 07:23:21 AM)

I don't really like either team, but of the two I like Pittsburg better and hope/think they will win. However, it's a pretty marginal favoritism.
Sixten Sparre
…pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 4 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 08:22:05 AM)

I will root for the Seahawks, because they have never won a superbowl yet
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 5 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 08:27:29 AM)

Seahawks have the cooler name BY FAR. It's going to be an easy win.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 6 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 08:42:01 AM)

I hate the Steelers.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
stumpy006

only a true pokemon master can evolve Mew to the third level

Ballkicks: (+19 / -8)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 7 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 08:47:28 AM)

Voted Steelers. They want it more, have some great momentum with the whole "Yeah, we were sixth seed and no one expected us to achieve anything" thing going for them.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 8 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 09:03:30 AM)

THE ROUGHRIDERS are going to beat THE ROUGHRIDERS this weekend. (its a canadian thing, give me an answer get +K)

I just really don't care who wins because well, im not that interested in the super bowl this year. Im sure ill watch it but fuck it, Steelers win, but I wish for the seahawks.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-detroit3feb03,0,452262.story?coll=la-headlines-nation

also interesting read
www.thepartylive.com
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 9 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 09:14:59 AM)

I'd rather see the Seahawks win (even though it isn't the Eagles playing I still have this pathetic love for the NFC) but the Steelers will probably take it handily.
Marius Portius: You're exploding in a big exploding explosion of sex and personality
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 10 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 09:17:58 AM)

I voted Steelers because I don't care about football like at all, but if the Steelers don't win I think one of my friends will commit seppuku or something in despair.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iíve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 11 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 09:19:09 AM)

Quoted from ice:
Seahawks have the cooler name BY FAR. It's going to be an easy win.
Really, I was just thinking the other day about how the seahawks is one of the crappiest football team names out there. Sure its cooler than the cardinals or the browns but I think the steelers is a better name.

It should be a good game cause both teams have been playing well lately. Unfortunately I could care less who wins. I think ill root for the seahawks because there are a lot of steelers fans in my area and I hate to see other people happy.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 09:50:48 AM)

I'm thinking the Steelers will win (how can the Seahawks compete when they don't have any catchy and terrifying nicknames like "Bus"?), but as a long standing personal tradition, I'm cheering for the Bengals.
"One time I spilled ice cream on my pants and we had to throw them out."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
The Hunger Site
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reply 13 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 12:41:32 PM)

I know nothing of the balance of power between these two teams, as I know nothing of NFL football, so I'll just side with the Seahawks because I like their helmet designs better. I mean, how does a white circle with some colorful four-pointed stars in it even relate to the Pittsburgh team's namesake foundary employees?
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 14 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 12:51:56 PM)

i'm an eagles fan and would rather an NFC team win. I dont have any feelings one way or the other for the seahawks, but i hate the steelers. I'm from PA and i want the steelers to lose. So I want the Seahawks to win, but i think the steelers are the better team. boo
Wherever the Speakers meet the Sneakers.....thats where you can always find me.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reply 15 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 01:39:34 PM)

Quoted from Spiff:
I mean, how does a white circle with some colorful four-pointed stars in it even relate to the Pittsburgh team's namesake foundary employees?

How wrong could you be? It was originally designed for U.S. Steel.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/3630407.html
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 16 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 03:44:42 PM)

I'm not thrilled with either of these teams, I guess.

I think the Steelers will win, and I am semi-rooting for them to. I don't really hate anyone on their team, like I do with the Colts.

The Superbowl is nothing without my Pats in it.
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reply 17 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 04:51:03 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
Quoted from Spiff:
I mean, how does a white circle with some colorful four-pointed stars in it even relate to the Pittsburgh team's namesake foundary employees?

How wrong could you be? It was originally designed for U.S. Steel.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/3630407.html

Not wrong, as I didn't actually state that their design was not relevant, but merely wondered how it was. Thank you for answering my question, though. It certainly makes it more interesting.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 18 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-03-06 11:31:10 PM)

I don't follow football much, but as an interesting effect of it being in Detroit is that a shitload of celebrities are apparently chillin in Windsor and Canada because there's more hotels and stuff here compared to broke-ass Detroit. I went home to Windsor this weekend just hit up the bars because I'm willing to bet money on seeing some faces.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 19 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 02:58:55 PM)

I think the sea hawks will win becuase of their all consuming offense
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 20 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-04-06 08:44:30 PM)

Missing option: Commercials

I don't really care much about football, but the commercials are pretty funny.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 21 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 08:58:53 AM)

I hate the motherfucking Steelers but how do you stop the A-Train: Jerome Bettis
This reply was last edited on 02-05-06 07:49:12 PM by Tyr.
artzilla
Firefox remembers my PASSWORD

More like Grandpa AWESOME

Ballkicks: (+95 / -25)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
Reply 22 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 11:14:23 AM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
THE ROUGHRIDERS are going to beat THE ROUGHRIDERS this weekend. (its a canadian thing, give me an answer get +K)

I just really don't care who wins because well, im not that interested in the super bowl this year. Im sure ill watch it but fuck it, Steelers win, but I wish for the seahawks.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-detroit3feb03,0,452262.story?coll=la-headlines-nation

also interesting read

Uhhh, Saskatchewan Roughriders...but as far as the Super Bowl goes, I think I am going to pick the Steelers[not because I like them] because they have been playing like the old Oakland Raiders. Hmmm, I might add that was a long time ago.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the "present", make the most of it!
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 23 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 04:51:19 PM)

Pittsburgh needs to get it together or this is going to be a pretty one way game.

Edit: Looks like they got it.

Edit 2: DAMMIT. Stop throwing interceptions.
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naÔve, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
This reply was last edited on 02-05-06 06:54:37 PM by C.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 24 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-05-06 07:29:54 PM)

The officials are doing an awesome job winning the game for Pittsburgh.

I mean the flags are unstoppable.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2829 | Total Posts: 37 ]