Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Freedom of Speech online (We might be in trouble.) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4320 | Total Posts: 36 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
(Originally posted on: 01-11-06 12:37:43 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Aparrently, it will soon be illegal in the U.S. to "annoy" someone else online.

Not only is it illegal, It's a federal felony.

I think that the supreme court will knock this down pretty easily should it be signed into law, but it could present some interesting legality questions.

Especially for forums like ours.

What do you all think?
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 12:48:50 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Just start signing all your flaming replies with your real name and adress, and you'll be safe. i'm a serial-killer :)
DRAHNIER
Alloy
Grammar Whores Unite

Androgynous Mystic Wizard

Ballkicks: (+95 / -20)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 2 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 12:53:31 PM)

What bullshit.

At this rate, it'll be impossible to cough without breaking some law or other.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 3 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 12:56:14 PM)

So yeah, I was talking to my friend the other day about how annoyance is subjective and he said "Oh!" but I knew he wasn't listening.

I fucking hate that, it's so annoying.

Edit: Also - Snowy, things are going to change around here (side note: America isn't the only one with the internets)
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 4 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 01:37:39 PM)

Quoted from Acheron:
Aparrently, it will soon be illegal in the U.S. to "annoy" someone else online.

Not only is it illegal, It's a federal felony.

I think that the supreme court will knock this down pretty easily should it be signed into law, but it could present some interesting legality questions.

Especially for forums like ours.

What do you all think?

hope you like jail

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 5 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 03:42:41 PM)

Some of the wording seems like it would make email spam illegal, but I'd rather press the delete button a few times a day and say what I like.
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +v Jew
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +o Jew
<FlamingArrow> AHHHH ZIONIST TAKEOVER
*** FlamingArrow has left #INTL
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 04:03:26 PM)

finally i can flame everyone without fear of retaliation!
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 7 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 04:06:59 PM)

Does this mean that it's technically illegal to create a smurf/gimmick to be annoying and say stupid shit? I'll forever be IF0. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[22:10] <IF0> adam has a girlfriend?
[22:11] <kayte> yeah, he does now
[22:11] <Amphy> wow, that's impressive
[22:11] <kayte> what he doesn't have is his password to intl because he randomly changed it and locked himself out of his account >_<
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 8 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 04:13:59 PM)

Quote:
I'll forever be IF0.

Oh shit man, that must be a fucking nightmare.

So sorry. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
DRAHNIER
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 9 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 04:50:25 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:
So yeah, I was talking to my friend the other day about how annoyance is subjective and he said "Oh!" but I knew he wasn't listening.

I fucking hate that, it's so annoying.

Edit: Also - Snowy, things are going to change around here (side note: America isn't the only one with the internets)

What? Why am I being mentioned? ~goes back to making toast~ Weirdo.

With white spider stars coming down
And night blowing black from the ground
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 10 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 04:53:39 PM)

You annoy me all the time with your random messages. I'm sorry if I have failed to convey that point in the past.

~ Smokey
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 11 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 04:55:26 PM)

Oh, is that inbetween the times you get drunk and beg me to 'use you, abuse you' ?

Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 12 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 05:04:31 PM)

That might happen but I don't remember. Oh snap is it legal to get drunk on the net then? DRINKING AND WEBBING! WUI!
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 13 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 05:06:17 PM)

I cant believe you're back on this again. It must be a gimmick, because i've gone quiet on you in IM land for weeks and then you've been the one to come message me and get my attention again. Stop pretending im all over you, as if!

superstar satisfaction

pseudO Buddha

Ballkicks: (+21 / -12)
Reg. Date: Sep 2005
Reply 14 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 05:11:05 PM)

bush is tired of getting laughed out of fyad
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 15 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 05:37:08 PM)

Something tells me a bunch of our politicians have been getting a lot of "OMG U SuX0r mah 84wlz!!"-type messages...

How stupid. I don't really care if some random yahoo decides to IM me - that's what the "block" and "list only" features are for.

Although, considering how inaccessable they made it to send mail and email to the president, I can't say I'm really that surprised.

*sigh*
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 16 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 10:17:11 PM)

HA can't catch me im in another country cross border crime.
www.thepartylive.com
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

let us praise his holy name

Ballkicks: (+35 / -41)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
Reply 17 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 10:57:29 PM)

Democracy, Freedom, Liberal Values? BAH!!! America can loose all of these in a blink and not even notice.
Buddha Overdrive
IF0
Administrator

Reply 18 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-11-06 10:58:25 PM)

It'd be noticeable, just not by everybody. Same as any other unequal society. i'm a serial-killer :)
[22:11] <kayte> what he doesn't have is his password to intl because he randomly changed it and locked himself out of his account >_<
the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 19 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-12-06 01:55:14 AM)

It's going to be interesting to see how the Internet is regulated (or not) in the future. I wonder if this attempt will have any effect.
I hate penis .gifs.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 20 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-12-06 03:29:52 AM)

Quoted from Buddha:
Democracy, Freedom, Liberal Values? BAH!!! America can loose all of these in a blink and not even notice.

You can say that, I guess, but at least we had them.
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

let us praise his holy name

Ballkicks: (+35 / -41)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
Reply 21 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-12-06 03:59:06 AM)

Quoted from ice:
Quoted from Buddha:

You can say that, I guess, but at least we had them.

The truth is we don't need them. Except Freedom. But that's the thing we have always had no matter what regime was on. And that is the thing america never knew, at least in the last 50 years.
Buddha Overdrive
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 22 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-12-06 08:59:41 AM)

Quoted from Snowy:
I cant believe you're back on this again. It must be a gimmick, because i've gone quiet on you in IM land for weeks and then you've been the one to come message me and get my attention again. Stop pretending im all over you, as if!

I know NZ is in some kind of time warp but you did it yesterday the day before the day before and the day before - one more time and I'm calling the president on you.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 23 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-12-06 09:08:38 AM)

Only because you beckoned me with your increased messaging to pierce the silence.......my love........

IF0
Administrator

Reply 24 of 36 (Originally posted on: 01-12-06 09:19:19 AM)

You two are so cute.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4320 | Total Posts: 36 ]