Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > What's the use to go on? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] [ Thread Views: 17399 | Total Posts: 169 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

let us praise his holy name

Ballkicks: (+35 / -41)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
(Originally posted on: 01-10-06 02:02:05 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
[12:07:57] Snowy-> you'll be alright, just stick by me, son...their jungles are strange!
[12:08:06] Snowy-> and the rewards so slight...
[12:08:14] Snowy-> and yet still we remain
[12:08:41] Buddha-> we got 4 more years letf
[12:08:47] Buddha-> left
[12:09:07] Snowy-> until wot?
[12:09:29] Buddha-> until its over, i die, the end of story
[12:10:03] Snowy-> and why do you have four years?
[12:10:08] Snowy-> make the story really creepy
[12:11:06] Buddha-> misty russian soul. I think i have the right to choose when its time for me to pass. So ive chosen my time
[12:11:10] Buddha-> 12 years ago
[12:11:27] Snowy-> hmm that is so awesome
[12:11:29] Snowy-> i hope it's true
[12:11:39] Buddha-> its true honey
[12:12:07] drahnier-> what the hell are you talking about?
[12:12:11] Snowy-> wow, so like..even if you have a happy beautiful wife and family and job and shit ...in 4 years you will just say byebye and kill yourself?
[12:15:18] Buddha-> Snowy -> whats the use?
[12:15:33] Snowy-> what's the use of what?
[12:15:40] Buddha-> 30 more years or 30 less

So, why dont each of you, INTL forummers, kill yourself rite here and now? What do you expect to see or feel in future that keeps you from suicide? Or you are just so lame and weak, that you live only out of circumstances or fear? What do you think. Do I have clues?
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-10-06 02:07:11 AM by Buddha.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 1 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 02:11:14 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 02:19:47 AM)

Wow you're really cool and mystical and brave because you're going to kill yourself.

Quote:

"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 3 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 02:28:01 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Wow you're really cool and mystical and brave because you're going to kill yourself.

Quote:

Are you blind? The fuck with me, I asked about you!

EDIT: Irony, huh?
Buddha Overdrive
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 02:33:32 AM)

I didn't have a choice in being born, and I don't have a choice in that I will also die. I also had no say in where and when I was born. Same is gonna go for my death.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 5 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 02:41:49 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
I didn't have a choice in being born, and I don't have a choice in that I will also die. I also had no say in where and when I was born. Same is gonna go for my death.

So you say you are just an innocent victim of circumstances and you'll continue living because the life left you no other choice? That's gross (c) Snowy.
Buddha Overdrive
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 04:30:33 AM)

uhm, desire to live?

Quote:

Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 7 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 04:33:09 AM)

Why doesn't a dog kill its self? Oh right because it's not deep and meaningful and so full of knowledge like you are buddda. We're still animals just developed enough to ask retarded questions such as "why am I HERE? WHAT IS THE MEANING?"

hey here's an idea when the time comes go and swap yourself with some person in a third world country who picks garbage to keep alive.
You are just jealous because you don't have the poke'mon theme song on your mp3 player!

J monkey <3
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 8 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 04:53:38 AM)

Does anyone here still preserves the ability to really ANSWER? Without any useless attempts of fishing the answer out of me. Why useless? Because I already showed the ground of what I'm thinking of all this. I said I choose the time to pass by myself, because I want to be in control of my own life.

I repeat the question for those who didn't get it from the first two times. "Why are u alive?". I'm not interested neither in biological aspect of the problem, nor in its "whats the sense of life?" general aspect. I ask YOU one simple thingy. Why dont u kill yourself? Any suggestions?

EDIT: to make things easy to you just try to imagine a colourful picture. I put my gun to your head and asked why shouldn't i kill you.
Buddha Overdrive
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 9 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 05:52:00 AM)

It's about the journey, not the destination.

Once you focus too much on the destination, you're fucked. It's an un-answerable question.
Anti Signature.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 10 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 07:35:57 AM)

I don't kill myself for the same reason I don't go to the ballet...it's not cool.

It's really as simple as mingan put it. There's lots of kick ass stuff here on earth - lots of interests I want to explore, information I want to pick up, people I want to know, toys I want to play with...people I want to play with.

Does desire really need an ultimate motivation other than to obtain? Anyway - why 4 years? Why not now? What's the use, right?

I still think you should do it, though. Just sooner.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 11 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 08:24:09 AM)

Really I suppose it is your choice if you wish to kill yourself.

As for me, I rely on numerous things to keep myself going. Perhaps the largest of them is I want to learn as much as I can and I want to see how the world unfolds so to speak. If I'm dead, I can't really do either. While I may die eventually (ok, will die) I figure I might as well observe and see all that I can and live for the moment.
"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars— mere globs of gas atoms. Nothing is 'mere'. I too can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more? The vastness of the heavens stretches my imagination— stuck on this carousel my little eye can catch one-million-year-old light. A vast pattern— of which I am a part... What is the pattern or the meaning or the why? It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little more about it. For far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it. Why do the poets of the present not speak of it? What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent."
"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
"You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird... So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing —that's what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something."
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt."
All by R. Feynman.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 12 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 08:27:40 AM)

When venus will match orion, i will draw forth my blade made of purified silver, and rid myself of the ghastly demons that hunt my plauged human soul, and i will fly to cassiopeia where i will dwell beside other 'deep-seekers', like buddha, the avant garde of human psionics

.....all because of love
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 13 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 09:06:06 AM)

Joie de vivre.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
- Dr. Johnson
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 14 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 09:07:37 AM)

You've crossed the line from attempting to be philosophical to being a sophomoric jackass.
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naïve, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 15 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 09:17:06 AM)

Quoted from greenidentity:

Once you focus too much on the destination, you're fucked. It's an un-answerable question.

Bingo. This is why I don't kill myself, because I live life day to day, more or less. Each day has it's ups and downs, but at the end, that's the end. Fall asleep and then wake up with another one.

On the overall, it's a pretty enjoyable system. I mean, I've got a few eventual goals, but nothing is ever set in stone.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reply 16 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 09:20:59 AM)

Why don't I kill myself? Because I don't want to.

Why don't I want you to kill me? Because I don't want to die.

I want to live.

It's not a complicated answer.

And really, you should decide to forget about those four years. Because only that decision you made to choose your own time of passing, made your question even remotely valid.

So why do you wait? what is the point of your life?
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 17 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 09:42:44 AM)

Even if he's serious he'll chicken out. But anyone here that takes him seriously is an idiot.

Sorry Snowy.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 18 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 10:13:41 AM)

I was stoned!

With white spider stars coming down
And night blowing black from the ground
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 19 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 10:31:33 AM)

Buddha's starting to sound like Leo on That 70's Show. And/or Chong.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[22:10] <IF0> adam has a girlfriend?
[22:11] <kayte> yeah, he does now
[22:11] <Amphy> wow, that's impressive
[22:11] <kayte> what he doesn't have is his password to intl because he randomly changed it and locked himself out of his account >_<
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 20 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 10:34:59 AM)

Quoted from greenidentity:

There is a certain definition for your way of thinking. It's called escapism. You try to forget the problem, hoping it will solve itself in time. It will. And we both know the solution.

I always liked you GI. BANG!

Quoted from Smokey:
I don't kill myself for the same reason I don't go to the ballet...it's not cool.

It's really as simple as mingan put it. There's lots of kick ass stuff here on earth - lots of interests I want to explore, information I want to pick up, people I want to know, toys I want to play with...people I want to play with.

Does desire really need an ultimate motivation other than to obtain? Anyway - why 4 years? Why not now? What's the use, right?

I still think you should do it, though. Just sooner.

There is a certain definition for your way of thinking. It's called hyperhedonism. "Pleasure is the highest good", or in an ethical formulation, "whatever causes pleasure is right." Ballet doesn't bring you pleasure so it's not cool. In very simple terms, a hedonist thrives towards maximising this 'ratio' (pleasure over pain). There are problems with this: Generally, all pleasures do not necessarily share common traits, besides the fact that they can be seen as 'pleasurable'. Also, the standards of what ought to be 'pleasurable' vary.

Let us now consider an oyster floating around the warm waters of some ocean, eating when it needs to, closing its shell when it needs to. As far as can be told, the oyster comes close to the hedonist ideal of a pleasurable (pleasure-filled) life.

Hedonism can be conjoined with either Psychological or Moral Egoism to make psychological hedonism a purely descriptive claim which states that agents naturally seek pleasure, or ethical hedonism, the claim that we should act so as to produce our own pleasure. One constant objection is that where one finds pleasure, another may find pain, leading to a contradiction in what the moral act is.

You are a piece of selfish plant, Smokey. So I don't see the reason of explaining "4 year plan" to you. You won't understand it anyway.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Quoted from Science Brad:
Really I suppose it is your choice if you wish to kill yourself.

As for me, I rely on numerous things to keep myself going. Perhaps the largest of them is I want to learn as much as I can and I want to see how the world unfolds so to speak. If I'm dead, I can't really do either. While I may die eventually (ok, will die) I figure I might as well observe and see all that I can and live for the moment.

You have never disappointed me, Brad. Way to go.

to be continued...
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-10-06 10:56:37 AM by Buddha.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 21 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 10:57:11 AM)

I don't want to die yet because I've got entirely too much to experience yet. Such as staying stoned for a majority of hiking the Appalachian Trail, travelling to parts of the words that take vast amounts of time to get to, and getting the fuck out of the military.

If you want to off yourself in 4 years, by all means, I don't care. Your decision affects me in no way whatsoever, physically, emotionally or spiritually. Posting threads like this does nothing for my approval or disapproval of your decision, and I'm sure it's the same way for most, if not all others here. This thread makes you come off as an egotistical asshat with emotional issues. Did mommy not hug you enough when you were a kid? I've got fucking issues as well, but in a depressive state I don't go around stating to the world, "I'm going to kill myself in 4 years! Look at me, LOOK AT ME!".

I'm usually not very annoyed by other forummers, mostly because the majority of them post threads that are entertaining or informative. Your threads are either completely ridiculous, non-sensical, or a waste of time to read. Start contributing like a sensible person, or just shut the fuck up.
If my ears could talk, they would say, "Thank you, Zorak. You have enriched us both."
Alloy
Grammar Whores Unite

Androgynous Mystic Wizard

Ballkicks: (+95 / -20)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 22 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 11:22:21 AM)

I won't kill myself because it will be painful, I'll probably screw it up like I screw up everything else and I honestly can't be bothered. I'll die when my time comes, why rush it? I want to see what tomorrow will be like and find out whether I've already hit rock-bottom or if the worst is yet to come. There are things I haven't done yet. I certainly don't want to die a virgin. And if I kill myself, I'll be giving in and perhaps giving other people a reason to give in. I don't want to give the people who hate me the satisfaction of knowing I'm gone forever and I don't want to hurt the people who do care about me.
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 23 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 11:35:55 AM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:
I don't want to die yet because I've got entirely too much to experience yet. Such as staying stoned for a majority of hiking the Appalachian Trail, travelling to parts of the words that take vast amounts of time to get to, and getting the fuck out of the military.

If you want to off yourself in 4 years, by all means, I don't care. Your decision affects me in no way whatsoever, physically, emotionally or spiritually. Posting threads like this does nothing for my approval or disapproval of your decision, and I'm sure it's the same way for most, if not all others here. This thread makes you come off as an egotistical asshat with emotional issues. Did mommy not hug you enough when you were a kid? I've got fucking issues as well, but in a depressive state I don't go around stating to the world, "I'm going to kill myself in 4 years! Look at me, LOOK AT ME!".

I'm usually not very annoyed by other forummers, mostly because the majority of them post threads that are entertaining or informative. Your threads are either completely ridiculous, non-sensical, or a waste of time to read. Start contributing like a sensible person, or just shut the fuck up.

I will answer it despite of the order 'cos the main idea of this message seems to me being off topic.

Thus, Life is the reason and the mean of wasting time. Gothic.

Your threads are either completely ridiculous, non-sensical, or a waste of time to read.

I believe you are happy reading them.

If you want to off yourself in 4 years, by all means, I don't care. Your decision affects me in no way whatsoever, physically, emotionally or spiritually.

So my thread provoked your emotional reaction after all, didn't it?

I don't go around stating to the world, "I'm going to kill myself in 4 years! Look at me, LOOK AT ME!".

Quoted from Buddha:
Are you blind? The fuck with me, I asked about you!

BANG! Die, Idiot, Die! i'm a serial-killer :) *diabolic laughter*

EDIT: Wow, my karma stabilized once again, cool.

to be continued...
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-10-06 12:04:58 PM by Buddha.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 24 of 169 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 12:01:00 PM)

I've always thought that I would like to commit suicide before I become incontinent. After working in a nursing home, it scares me more than anything else.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 17399 | Total Posts: 169 ]