Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > New Years Resolutions > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 7819 | Total Posts: 85 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 12-28-05 10:42:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It's that time of year again. Time to give up something you love or love to do for a short period of time only to go right back to it a month later. I'm trying to do a few things this year, but with my sloth-like nature, more than likely I won't accomplish any of them.

Once again, I'm going on a diet plan. I've gotten to the point where I realize that I'm at 225 pounds, and still gaining weight, and that needs to stop, now. I'm giving up fast food, including pizza delivery, completely. No more soda, even the diet soda shit. On top of that, only one heavy drinking session a month, and it will be light beers, whiskey or vodka only. Exercise will become a major portion of my life as well. Thirty minutes a day on an exercise bike, fifteen minutes on an eliptical machine, along with a weight lifting schedule.

I'm still not going to quit smoking, maybe next year. One other thing I will be doing is to save money. I'm acting entirely too frivolous with it now, so I'm putting myself on a strict budget, with allotments from my pay going to savings accounts to which I will not have immediate access. Also, I'm cutting down on my travel immensely. I've had this new car less than a month and have put almost 3,000 miles on it since I got it.

There, I've laid out my cards. Now, what are you all giving up permanently/temporarily?
If my ears could talk, they would say, "Thank you, Zorak. You have enriched us both."
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 1 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-28-05 10:43:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I am going to give up all temperance whatsoever.
I can't carry a pen...I'm afraid it will puncture my scrotum.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-28-05 11:09:38 PM)

I resolve to keep packing on the pounds, drinking, never go to church and keep on being the god-less consuming machine that has become north americans. Cause really I can't stick to anything.
www.thepartylive.com
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-28-05 11:10:51 PM)

I am going to do a good amount of stretching daily, look after my studies daily (it's gotten to the point where I'm losing focus all the time, so a bit a day will help me), and to get off my butt and start paying attention to the fact that I have to start working if I want to leave my parents' roof by the time I'm twenty one or so.
"I went in the Haunted House, and around the corner, Frankenstein was patiently waiting for me."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-28-05 11:44:35 PM)

Quote:
I'm still not going to quit smoking, maybe next year.

I heard on a radio show (i.e. no source) that quitting smoking is one of the most common causes of weight gain. So it makes sense to put that off.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 5 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-28-05 11:47:42 PM)

Get a girlfriend.
<drahnier> no i was in belgium with my parents, they always took me sailing when i was a kid
<drahnier> denmark, gewrmany, norway. england, lots of places
<Byc> the dreaded land of gewrmany!
<Snook> thats almost jewrmany
<Byc> not if hitler had his way
<Byc> it'd have been like jewrfew
<Byc> or jewrnone
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 6 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 12:04:05 AM)

Quoted from ice:

I heard on a radio show (i.e. no source) that quitting smoking is one of the most common causes of weight gain. So it makes sense to put that off.

That's one reason, but mainly I'm just going to keep smoking for stress relief. That's all psychological, however, and yes, it's been proven. Most people gain about 10 pounds after they quit, according to the army's anti-smoking propaganda machine.

Quoted from Snook:
Get a girlfriend.
I need to do that, as well. My previous girlfriend left me a big fucking emo mess for a while. That's all a thread I'll never write, mostly because I would be ultimately annoying the fuck out of myself by posting it.
If my ears could talk, they would say, "Thank you, Zorak. You have enriched us both."
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 7 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 12:20:26 AM)

Last year my resolutions were pretty typical, and I did manage to keep them all to varying degrees: lost weight, got a job, did well in all my classes. The resolutions I actually did worst at were reading more books and throwing out more stuff (I'm a packrat), which you'd think would require less commitment than the course work or the exercise, but that's how I roll. I still managed to throw out two or three garbage bags worth of stuff though, and I read 20 books.

I'm not making resolutions this year. Or, not exactly. I have goals like to continue going to the gym and all that, but what I'm doing, rather than "New Year's Resolutions" is this. I've been working on it for about a month and a half now, so that Day 1 is January 1st.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 8 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 12:43:35 AM)

I don't really bother with resolutions because I usually forget what they are after a month or so anyway and it just ends.

If I were to resolve though, it would have to do something with my study habits and increasing them.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Because when insanity takes it's toll, I intend to have exact change."
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
redviolin

Ballkicks: (+7 / -1)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
Reply 9 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 02:15:42 AM)

I can definitely relate to increasing study habits.

But I'm in the same boat. Just because I say something at the beginning of the year has no effect on me later on. It's in no way binding, and rather pointless for me.
AKA Cpt_Calhoun
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 10 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 02:15:48 AM)

I don't really have many resolutions for this year. I more just have stuff i'm going to start next year. tae-kwon-do, anime club, tennis (again), gym, save money for da futar! (my dads suggestion aka threat 'do it or you don't get a car in 3 years UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1 ' ) and start going to bed earlier than 2am on school nights.

Other wise my lifes pretty awesome so there's nothing else to change. i'm a serial-killer :)
You are just jealous because you don't have the poke'mon theme song on your mp3 player!

J monkey <3
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 11 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 02:30:18 AM)

Quoted from redviolin:
I can definitely relate to increasing study habits.

Lovely handle, that's one of my favorite films.

I prefer to sneak change upon myself rather than schedule it via resolutions. About the only thing I feel myself aiming for right now is to get healthier and increase payments to my growth fund : )=

Gimme, gimme, gimme.
the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reply 12 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 04:25:12 AM)

I am going to be more social and genial in general. I will also try to regain my lost "spark" - the joy of acting like a superior prick that I've unfortunately lost this year due to my robotic contamination in the world of Retail.
I hate penis .gifs.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reply 13 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 05:02:17 AM)

Raise the dead.

I say this one every year, but mark my words, 2006 is the year of the undead!

Aside from that, I just plan to continue to improve myself. That one's easy enough.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reply 14 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 05:25:07 AM)

Quoted from Arnok:
Raise the dead.
what, all of them?
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reply 15 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 05:30:14 AM)

Quoted from Mingan:
Quoted from Arnok:
Raise the dead.
what, all of them?
Well, not all at once.

And I suppose there are quite a few who would be better off if they stayed dead. Wouldn't have much to contribute, even to a shambling hoard of flesh-hungry zombies.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 16 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 05:40:03 AM)

1. Find a new job.
2. Get fit.
3. Improve study habits.
4. Maintain sanity (what's left).
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 17 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 06:17:51 AM)

I'd like to be a better friend to all my friends that are spread out over the globe. Most of my really good friends live in other countries now. I guess I need to cash in my frequent flier miles.
Rather than filling it overfull, its better to stop in time.
Sharpen the blade to a point, but the edge wont last forever.
Gold and jade may fill the house, but no one can retain them for eternity.
Boasting of wealth and virtue, brings trouble on oneself.
Reticence when the job is done, is the Way of heaven.
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 18 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 01:06:57 PM)

1. Get into an ALA-acredited library school, hopefully U of I.
2. Get back into the rigorous exercise schedule I had going this year and which was working really well until I stopped 2 months ago due to logistsics problems. I'm going to join a health club now, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
3. If #1 fails to pan out, find some sort of low-level library job to build up resume experience for future application attempts.
4. Write and draw comics more.
5. Continue to satiate my geeky desire to know as much random crap as humanly possible.
6. Stop worrying and doubting myself so much.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 19 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 03:05:04 PM)

Get myself back to a 3.3 GPA or better. It's going to be a hard year.
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find nave, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
superstar satisfaction

pseudO Buddha

Ballkicks: (+21 / -12)
Reg. Date: Sep 2005
Reply 20 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-29-05 08:03:35 PM)

Go back to the gym... I stopped because of an injury and lost all my muscle tone. Now, when I am un-injured, I haven't been going back...

But really I'm not a new years resolution person. I guess what's most important is to keep in touch with the now-scattered friends I care about.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 21 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-31-05 07:44:54 PM)

play more games, have more free time, stay up later. Live like an arch-geek of nerdland.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 22 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-31-05 08:54:18 PM)

Start studying. 13.3/20 is not an acceptable average, even without studying. I'm going to set a minimum of 14.5 for myself, 16 if I actually study.

oh and get a girlfriend
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 23 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-31-05 10:13:41 PM)

Maybe do something next new year's eve.

Not waste the entire year.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 24 of 85 (Originally posted on: 12-31-05 11:32:09 PM)

Don't be almost institutionalised again.
Oh, and be more "involved" at school which will hopefully make my life better.
<Zippo279> that's sexy
<Amphy> not quite.
<Zippo279> shhh
<Zippo279> you can't tell me what i think is sexy!
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7819 | Total Posts: 85 ]