Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > So I got attacked last night... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4493 | Total Posts: 39 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-15-05 12:34:24 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Time: about 3am
Location: Outside Subway nightclub on the Cowgate, Edinburgh.

Me and a mate had been having a great laugh in The Pit, a wednesday night at Subway Cowgate. Come closing time, we filed out with the rest and hung about laughing about the metal we danced to and stuff. It was good to see him out as he'll be back on duty after this month back in Iraq.

Anyway, without notice or provocation, this 14st drunk guy comes up to us with his similarly built mates and headbutts me for no reason. Twice. And then followed it up with several punches to my face. My glasses fell on the floor and his mates hold my mate off from helping.

After finding the shards of my glasses on the floor through someone's help, I stand shocked as to why this guy would randomly attack me. I confided in who I thought was one of his mates, only to find it was the same guy. He had come back to deal some more damage as I wasn't yet unconcious or on the ground. A couple more headbutts in before I realise who he is and I'm defending myself almost blind. Taking several hits and dealing a couple back I manage to back up against a wall on the street (this street is surrounded by walls as it's one of the lowest in Edinburgh's old town) and I manage to grab his head and smack it against the wall in a bid to stop him attacking me.

Ergo he fell to the pavement unconcious and with blood coming out of his head. The police come up and take statements as an ambulance arrives very quickly (almost too quickly) to the scene. He is lifted into the ambulance as the police take a statement of me and his mates seperately. My mate is nowhere to be seen sadly.

-----

The outcome is that he had to go to hospital. And I'm now lacking in glasses, but comparatively well off considering I'm about half his weight from the looks of things. He and his mates may also have been squadies back in town, as they looked the build.

I don't know when the police will get in touch, but there's plenty of cctv footage so I have that. I think there were hundreds of witnesses to the beginning of the attack. He has no leg to stand on and I'm considering taking him to court for damages, ie new pair of glasses.

I've got a slight bump on my head, but thanks to my mates I'll get over being blind for xmas. And all in all, I made a blow for public and metaller rights by being able to defend myself. He'll think again before he picks a fight on a small and weak looking guy again.

Computer games don't affect kids! I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 12:39:05 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It's the Scottish Mafia. Someone's put an order out on your life.
I'm sorry that happened. That really sucks, especially the glasses. Did you know him at all or was he just some random guy you've never seen in your life?
<Zippo279> that's sexy
<Amphy> not quite.
<Zippo279> shhh
<Zippo279> you can't tell me what i think is sexy!
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 2 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 12:41:36 PM)

Literally just some random guy. Never saw him before and sure as hell never saw the attack coming.

Assuming he's alright when he gets out of hospital I'm going to have him charged with assault.

Computer games don't affect kids! I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 3 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 12:56:46 PM)

I have a tiny female friend who will headbutt men if they follow her around and pester us too much when we're out on the piss. She's fun to be around.

I'm glad you're alright, he sounds like a complete waste of skin.

You'd better watch out; you better go hide!
And Elder Sign's needed for this Yuletide
Great Old Ones are comin to town.

They're making a fist and shaking it twice.
They're going to hit you, naughty or nice!
Great Old Ones are coming to town.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 4 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 01:42:05 PM)

Good job on fighting back, what a gang of pricks.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 02:32:48 PM)

Quote:
I confided in who I thought was one of his mates, only to find it was the same guy.

That's hilarious (because you won).
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 6 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 04:24:38 PM)

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN WUSSY COUNTRIES WITH NO GUNS!
I can't carry a pen...I'm afraid it will puncture my scrotum.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 04:41:50 PM)

Nice job with kicking his ass there. Too bad about your glasses though.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 8 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 05:03:52 PM)

Told my mum about it, she was strangely non-plussed. Told my brother, he said "aw nice one!". Told the ass-manager at my old bar job and he asked if I'd been charged yet kekeke u give soj???

I have a funny feeling his mates are going to rip the piss out of him when he regains conciousness for being knocked the fuck out by a little guy like me!

Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 9 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 05:27:49 PM)

I'm glad you won! You struck a blow for skinny white guys everywhere! Good job!

(You are a true scotsman. A warrior poet and all that.)
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
sprUceWOLF
I LIKE TO REPORT RETARDATION STATION POTS!!!

" ...pots?" - Posts you silly.

Ballkicks: (+10 / -68)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 10 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 05:46:38 PM)

Good thing you had your wits about you in time ... what a rush though.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 11 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 06:03:05 PM)

Headbutts...what a stupid way to attack someone.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 12 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 06:04:19 PM)

He broke your glasses and in turn you gave that fucker a concussion. Nice comeback.

I guess you'll drive the last nail into his coffin by getting a clean court sweep when you charge him for assault.
College...
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 13 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 06:18:07 PM)

I was pretty sure this thread was going to end up with you curled up in the fetal position somewhere.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 14 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 07:18:11 PM)

To be honest, with the size of this guy, I was suprised. I had my studded leather armour +4 on though (biker jacket) and my aura of holiness, which allowed me to believe immensely in what I was fighting for.

All geek shit aside, I fought for my right to civic peace. I fought so that big, thick, drunk assholes don't consider every small guy a target. Somehow, I think, that's what brought me on top.

That and the fact he punched like a girl. Either that or my childhood in karate has given me a higher resistance to physical abuse.

And cheers Acheron. Though I'm technically Irish LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 15 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 07:23:09 PM)

Hey swiss whats a squadies the same as a NED? And to think I stood outside that bar with you, what a giant pussy one hit and he was on the ground.
www.thepartylive.com
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 16 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 07:38:43 PM)

Oh yeah, forgot I took you around the dark underbelly of Edinburgh big grin

A squadie is a term for a military monkey. Someone who hasn't quite figured out that life isn't all fighting, drinking and taking orders. ie the lowest ranks in the army.

My mate who was with me was technically an NCO squadie, but he has brains and political opinions. Squadies generally are teanagers with an aggressive mentality and bigger physiques to match.

You'll know what the walls are like around the bridge near those bars.

Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 17 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 07:49:22 PM)

Im sure he enjoyed eating a large chunk of grimy 500 year old wall. So if your mate is in the army why did he bail?
www.thepartylive.com
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 18 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 08:20:25 PM)

Sorry, I might not have made that point clear: He didn't bail, he got pulled away by a group of the other guys mates.

iirc, only one or two of his mates came back to see what was taking him so long in pasting the small fry. They came with shocked expressions when they found the ambulance there and their mate being lifted off the ground unconcious.

I guess my mate just got kept away. He's the sort of guy who would have nailed anyone who would attack me, but he was probably outnumbered.

I just hope he wasn't attacked as well.

asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 19 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 08:27:45 PM)

Atleast in the end you broke his shit off.

Drunken brawling can be pretty fun, as long as there is a bit of reason to it, but attacking people at random generally is not the way to go.

Have to be careful though. An Irish friend of me knows a guy who is in deep shit because of a fight outside a nightclub. The guy attacked him, he retaliated and shouted "I'm going to FUCKING KILL YOU" in front of several dozen witnesses, and threw the guy down when he lunged at him again, resulting in him cracking his skull against the curb and dying. :woops:
wir hren ein singen im raum...
wir jagen die monotomie...
wir machen aus stunden ein jahr
und mondschein aus unserem haar
wir fliegen so weit wie noch nie

This reply was last edited on 12-15-05 08:33:11 PM by asthetik.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 20 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-15-05 09:19:24 PM)

Yikes...

I'm hoping my attacker is at least alive. Hopefully he's in a coherent state to remember getting his ass handed to him.

peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 21 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-16-05 03:16:07 AM)

I'm so absolutely glad that you're not badly injured. Thank god for what ended up happening. What a shitty, stupid thing to do.

I hate drunk people who want to do nothing but fight. I mean I have a few friends who will get rowdy off of rye and want to wrestle, but that's a consentual thing. I've been to bars where guys are so obviously looking for a fight that they're still in the line outside waiting to get in and they're already starting shit.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 22 of 39 (Originally posted on: 12-16-05 05:31:27 AM)

I've been to a nightclub like that. We pulled up, and someone pulled a knife because they didn't like another someone's parking style. Needless to say, we left when we discovered a 10$ cover fee. (Every other club in the city has a 5$, cause it's bristol tennessee. We weren't going to pay double so we could hang out with violent drug addicts. The reason we were going there is because they're supposed to card at the bar, but we all know that's never going to happen.)

Sorry about the racial confusion swiss ;-) at least y'all don't have to share an island with 'them.' (Well, you do, living in edinburgh.) And I'm really glad you came out of that allright.
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
skimmerboy11487
Yeaaaaa boi!

Ballkicks: (+11 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 23 of 39 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 05:24:11 PM)

this is kind of off topic but does anyone still make fake IDs or does everyone just try to find clubs and bars that don't check ID
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 24 of 39 (Originally posted on: 01-10-06 08:07:50 PM)

Quoted from skimmerboy11487:
this is kind of off topic but does anyone still make fake IDs or does everyone just try to find clubs and bars that don't check ID

yeah that's just a little bit out there
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4493 | Total Posts: 39 ]