Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > Hey everyone, I PIRATE MOVIES AND MUSIC AND SOFTWARE AND VIDEO GAMES > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 2688 | Total Posts: 19 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 11-30-05 03:34:22 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

There is a difference between talking about pirated material and providing resources to attain pirated material. Who the fuck cares if someone says, "I downloaded this movie" or "I downloaded this album" or "I downloaded this game"? No one. And if, on the off chance, you care, this isn't the message board for you, so leave.

Questions?
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 06:11:08 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What, has someone been giving you shit about it? As long as you don't say anything about it over at the RottenTomatoes foums, no one seems to really care.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 2 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 06:13:26 AM)

antpocas has been warning people for this for awhile.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/display.php?tid=22547&postid=454642#post454642

edit - Not that I'm trying to call out antpocas or anything, but from that thread, it seemed like a clarification needed to be made, and I'm glad that you did it, Sandamnit.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey

This reply was last edited on 11-30-05 06:20:01 AM by Zippo.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 3 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 07:08:15 AM)

Downloaded !=pirated, some things can be downloaded legally, ie. iTunes sells ABC shows.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 4 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 10:20:14 AM)

BAND!!!
Quoted from Zippo:
Not that I'm trying to call out antpocas or anything, but from that thread, it seemed like a clarification needed to be made, and I'm glad that you did it, Sandamnit.

Agreed. There's a difference, especially now that (as kayte said) a lot of stuff can be downloaded legally through iTunes and other sources. I think as long as people understand the distinction, it's okay.
<Zippo279> that's sexy
<Amphy> not quite.
<Zippo279> shhh
<Zippo279> you can't tell me what i think is sexy!
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 5 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 11:05:53 AM)

Not to take Antpocas' side, as he's a whiney needlessly arrogant uptight unfunny repetitive generic virgin Spaniard cunt, but with all the "If you have a problem with a mod or admin, discuss it in PM's," instructions that I've seen, this thread is mean. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reply 6 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 11:07:24 AM)

Yeah, I'm wondering why this was posted here instead of a mod forum. No one here really cares if you talk about it or not.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reply 7 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 11:15:53 AM)

It has already been discussed to an extent by the mods/admins, but due to the fact that some of your peers are reporting posts that pertain to this topic, Sandamnit is (probably) just bringing the issue to your attention.
Quoted from IF0:
Not to take Antpocas' side, as he's a whiney needlessly arrogant uptight unfunny repetitive generic virgin Spaniard cunt, but with all the "If you have a problem with a mod or admin, discuss it in PM's," instructions that I've seen, this thread is mean.

Actually, this thread was not sparked by the thread that I provided in my post. I was just using it as an example of the confusion in policy.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 11:51:40 AM)

UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1

MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
How will I ban people now?
*sigh*
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 9 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 12:30:45 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Not to take Antpocas' side, as he's a whiney needlessly arrogant uptight unfunny repetitive generic virgin Spaniard cunt, but with all the "If you have a problem with a mod or admin, discuss it in PM's," instructions that I've seen, this thread is mean. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Seems like Sandamnit is making more of an announcement that applies to non-administrative members just as much as moderators; that saying you downloaded something is not a bannable offense as long as you don't provide an illegal source for media. And, because it's his site, that stands. While he's left room for discussion, and even debate, the thread is mainly here and open to provide clarification for members, or so it seems given the wording he used to ask for feedback ("questions?") which does not directly translate into "give your opinions."
The fox knows many good tricks, the hedgehog only one.
One good one.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 10 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 01:39:07 PM)

I didn't think it was an issue with normal members if someone discussed pirating until antpocas starting warning and banning over it repeatedly, so I think that even if it is, by wording, kept generic, it is definitely leaning towards implicating antpocas as being an asshat. Like I said, not that I care to defend antpocas. I download tons. big grin
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 11 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 02:58:23 PM)

Quote:
Not to take Antpocas' side, as he's a whiney needlessly arrogant uptight unfunny repetitive generic virgin Spaniard cunt, but with all the "If you have a problem with a mod or admin, discuss it in PM's," instructions that I've seen, this thread is mean.

Well.....it IS his message board...he DOES set the rules...
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
IF0
Administrator

Reply 12 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 05:22:18 PM)

If I had meant anything very argumentative by that statement, I probably wouldn't have ended it with, "this thead is mean."
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 13 of 19 (Originally posted on: 11-30-05 07:16:14 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
I didn't think it was an issue with normal members if someone discussed pirating until antpocas starting warning and banning over it repeatedly, so I think that even if it is, by wording, kept generic, it is definitely leaning towards implicating antpocas as being an asshat. Like I said, not that I care to defend antpocas. I download tons. big grin

I think Sunny has handled people doing that before, too. This is less a problem of moderators, and more of posts being reported that shouldn't, as Zippo said.

If Sandamnit had an issue with Antpocas, I'm pretty sure he would've handled it behind scenes.
The fox knows many good tricks, the hedgehog only one.
One good one.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 14 of 19 (Originally posted on: 12-02-05 07:35:25 AM)

Quoted from Vervet:
If Sandamnit had an issue with Antpocas, I'm pretty sure he would've handled it behind scenes.
Thank you.

Yes, if I had a problem with a particular moderator, then yes, I would've brought it up with them and not made an announcement about it. However, since I pretty much assumed that 90% of the people who post here, download movies, music, etc, I thought it would be fair to at least let them know that HEY, it's okay to say, "yeah, I didn't want to spend my money to see this in the theatre of buy the DVD, so I downloaded a copy and it sucked" without getting banned or warned by a moderator.

I tolerated mods banned and warning people for this in the past, but it's gotten to the point where I felt as if a clarification needed to be made and even discussed, despite the fact that no point could possibly be raised to change my mind on the subject.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 15 of 19 (Originally posted on: 12-06-05 08:55:48 PM)

Wow I downloaded Clerks last nite guys what a coincidence
I can't carry a pen...I'm afraid it will puncture my scrotum.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reply 16 of 19 (Originally posted on: 12-07-05 04:14:48 PM)

Every time I see this thread, I think it says "I LIKE PIRATE MOVIES AND MUSIC AND SOFTWARE AND VIDEO GAMES."
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 17 of 19 (Originally posted on: 12-08-05 12:16:03 AM)

I was actually writing a big post about when I realized that Vervy had already summed it all up in:

Quote:

What a waste of time. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

EDIT: Seriously? People actually tell on each other to mods about mentioning pirating?
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Because when insanity takes it's toll, I intend to have exact change."
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 18 of 19 (Originally posted on: 12-08-05 09:28:01 AM)

Quote:
EDIT: Seriously? People actually tell on each other to mods about mentioning pirating?

That was the whole assumption of my post; I didn't realize anyone was that lame here.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 19 of 19 (Originally posted on: 12-09-05 09:41:57 AM)

I think the point has been made that no one will get retribution for such an action in this forum. As such, I'm closing this thread, and moving it to the Announcements forum. The changes have been made in the Forum Rules reflecting Sandamnit's stance.
This reply was last edited on 12-09-05 09:47:41 AM by Sunn O))).
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2688 | Total Posts: 19 ]