Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > INTL poll > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 5693 | Total Posts: 76 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
How do you feel about INTL currently?
This poll has expired.
I like it just fine 10 votes, 32.258%
INTL is pretty slow and boring lately 20 votes, 64.516%
I think it's progressing very well 1 vote, 3.226%
I fuckin hate it. 0 votes, 0%
Totals: 31 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-26-05 10:08:14 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Honestly, i think it's pretty slow ,and has become sort of a joke. No offense to anyone, but not much is happening, maybe in anticipation of INTL4?? Anyhow, I just thought I would make a poll to see how you, the people, feel. i'm a serial-killer :)
Anti Signature.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 10:15:26 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I agree it's been slow lately, that's pretty obvious. But I don't think it's been proportionally more boring or less entertaining than usual. It's fine. It only needs more action.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
greenidentity

Reply 2 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 10:20:08 AM)

Then vote, dipshit i'm a serial-killer :)

I dunno, there used to be something really cool about it. People were more tight knit, e.t.c., without being sappy or stupid, and now it's just like a playground for children to be ridiculous in.
Anti Signature.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 3 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 10:43:43 AM)

I voted for slow and boring. People need to contribute more. They seem to do so when there is a conflict occuring that they can comment upon or have a nemesis figure to harangue.

"My 1991 brawl with a transvestite is still the classic. He was a big guy, so once I got him down, I kept decking him. Then I saw the cops and thought, 'Hmmm. Danny Partridge beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite hooker. I should probably run.' I listened to my own high-speed pursuit on the stereo of my car after beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite prostitute. That's bitchin'. "
- Danny Bonaduce, man among men.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 4 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 11:09:16 AM)

i don't think it's been any different since the last time i took a hiatus, but i really don't post here too terribly much, mostly i just read.
Sixten Sparre
pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 12:30:11 PM)

i just want to say that the new wolf avatar guy is a really big faggot
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 12:34:16 PM)

i hate this type of thread

edit: it's because all the traffic has moved to the dojo
This reply was last edited on 11-26-05 12:43:37 PM by Guy Tuttle and Ass.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 7 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 12:57:16 PM)

It has been a bit slow lately, but I don't think it's boring, there's just no in-between poll option.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Because when insanity takes it's toll, I intend to have exact change."
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
greenidentity

Reply 8 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 01:27:07 PM)

Quoted from ice:

Why?? I was just curious to see how people were currently feeling about it. And it seems to be slower than normal, for longer than normal. I was just curious.

Quoted from British Agent:
It has been a bit slow lately, but I don't think it's boring, there's just no in-between poll option.

I like it just fine sort of is.
Anti Signature.
sprUceWOLF
I LIKE TO REPORT RETARDATION STATION POTS!!!

" ...pots?" - Posts you silly.

Ballkicks: (+10 / -68)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 9 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 02:09:36 PM)

Yes, it has been "slow and boring." And it's been hard to develop or contribute to any great threads.

Seems like if a good topic gets going, it will go for just a few rounds -- and then some yahoos will drop in and drag it off topic, or start attacking people instead of arguing ideas, or just indulge in some awkward attempts at inane self-amusement ... then the thread just sort of grinds to a halt and dies, or gets left hanging at such in such a bizarre impasse that no one wants to try to continue it. It would be like if Socrates drank hemlock every day.

It seems like a couple years ago it was more stimulating, a lot more fun, and a lot less stupid than it is now.

Also not sure how this board plans to attract new members if people are still considered newbies (and hazed like freshman) after two and a half years.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 10 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 02:21:20 PM)

Quoted from sprUceWOLF:
Yes, it has been "slow and boring." And it's been hard to develop or contribute to any great threads.

hard for you doesn't mean hard for everyone.

Quote:
indulge in some awkward attempts at inane self-amusement

congratulations, you've found the real reason for this site. only took you two years.

Quote:
It would be like if Socrates drank hemlock every day.

i think it would be more like if some idiot on the internet used references to philosophers to make himself look smarter and utterly failed.

Quote:
Also not sure how this board plans to attract new members if people are still considered newbies (and hazed like freshman) after two and a half years.

who said the goal was to attract new members? not everyone is hazed, only the ones who try too hard. you try way too fucking hard, and you're aggravating.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 11 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 02:33:58 PM)

Sprucewolf registered two years ago? WHOA
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 02:34:24 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
I agree it's been slow lately, that's pretty obvious. But I don't think it's been proportionally more boring or less entertaining than usual. It's fine. It only needs more action.

Also, my life is getting very busy, so I have trouble posting much.
"I went in the Haunted House, and around the corner, Frankenstein was patiently waiting for me."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 13 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 03:57:35 PM)

Who the fuck is sprucewolf?

edit: According to INTL's nifty search option, this kid made like 3 posts back in 2003 and thats it. Then came back like 2 weeks ago.

So to answer your question, we treat you like a newbie because you are one.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Because when insanity takes it's toll, I intend to have exact change."
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.

This reply was last edited on 11-26-05 04:03:00 PM by ba.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 14 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 07:37:00 PM)

I think whats happening is some of the main forummers that tied a lot of the random post together have gone missing so all we have is this random bunch of ... post?

Sort of like a buffet without any plates!

I mean where did emtilt go? What about flaming Arrow? Or Vervet? Skye? LBH? Dante?

Maybe to some (or a lot) those names dont mean a thing but I sure do consider them backbone to the INTL community - And their posting is next to none or none at all!
My little website i'm a serial-killer :)
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 15 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 09:56:04 PM)

Quoted from sprUceWOLF:

Dude, you only really started contributing a month ago, if that. You should expect it.
I agree that INTL's been slow. I don't post as much because my attention span isn't focused anymore and I can't do it, and because it's slow. So it's sort of a vicious cycle. No one posts because it's slow, it stays slow because no one posts.
I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock. My finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick tock clock and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest, a bullet in my lung I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. And if and when I die won't you bury me alone? Cause I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 16 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 10:07:09 PM)

cry cry cry

If you want to make INTL better, post better threads or take some funny lessons.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 17 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 10:19:19 PM)

^ I was waiting for that. omg yah rite fag lol

Meanwhile, the stats Sandy posted a few weeks ago showed the site is getting about half as many posts as this time last year, so... yeah. It's slow. I personally don't have much to post about these days, though. :/
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 18 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-26-05 11:31:28 PM)

I've been lurking here seen my ass wandered over from HG

it's defineltly......I really don't know......different?
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-27-05 01:04:45 AM)

It's because Emp is banned and salamando got banned too long so he doesn't post as much and ETH got a boyfriend and she plays with his penis instead of going to INTL and FA keeps going to jail because he molests people, and LBH and I had a rough breakup and then he stopped posting MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 20 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-27-05 01:11:20 AM)

Quoted from ice:

yes yes the dojo that was amusing like last week.
www.thepartylive.com
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 21 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-27-05 01:28:38 AM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
yes yes the dojo that was amusing like last week.

haha you should read what the dojo is saying about you right now
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 22 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-27-05 04:24:00 AM)

Quoted from kayte:
^ I was waiting for that. omg yah rite fag lol

Meanwhile, the stats Sandy posted a few weeks ago showed the site is getting about half as many posts as this time last year, so... yeah. It's slow. I personally don't have much to post about these days, though. :/

IIRC this time last year was when Sandamnit said he was gonna shut down the forums again which caused the most activity I remember seeing on these boards. So it's not a great comparison.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 23 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-27-05 05:27:28 AM)

Quoted from Bebop:
IIRC this time last year was when Sandamnit said he was gonna shut down the forums again which caused the most activity I remember seeing on these boards.
More like two years ago.
Scarlet
Woah

Skank

Ballkicks: (+82 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 24 of 76 (Originally posted on: 11-27-05 06:12:59 AM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
People were more tight knit, e.t.c., without being sappy or stupid, and now it's just like a playground for children to be ridiculous in.

I'd say the problem is that you lot are still too tightly knit - Makes it a little difficult for new people to intergrate in the comunity ... Plus you can be overly agresive towards Newbs (or Noobs, as the case may be) and you have a "bad reputation" - That's probably why things have slowed down.
- Scarlet.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5693 | Total Posts: 76 ]