Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Time to Impeach Dubya ... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 6235 | Total Posts: 82 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
sprUceWOLF
I LIKE TO REPORT RETARDATION STATION POTS!!!

" ...pots?" - Posts you silly.

Ballkicks: (+10 / -68)
Reg. Date: May 2003
(Originally posted on: 10-29-05 09:47:41 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Given the recent indictment of Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's closest advisor, DO YOU THINK BUSH SHOULD BE IMPEACHED NOW? IF "NO", WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR OPINION IF KARL ROVE IS ALSO INDICTED?

Here are the viewpoints of a couple public figures, including the Senate Minority Leader:

>"At the heart of these indictments was the effort by the
>Bush administration to discredit critics of its Iraq
>policy with reckless disregard for national security and
>the public trust," Pelosi said.

>Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, called on
>President Bush to address the "very serious questions
>raised by the (Plame) investigation," and sought to
>broaden the Democratic criticism by charging the White
>House willfully used faulty intelligence data to justify
>its case for war against Iraq.

>"This case is bigger than the leak of highly classified
>information," Reid said. "It is about how the Bush White
>House manufactured and manipulated intelligence in order
>to bolster its case for the war in Iraq and to discredit
>anyone who dared to challenge the president."

Full CNN story from which above was taken can be found here: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/indictment.reaction/index.html
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 1 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-29-05 09:50:37 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

But did he commit adultry?
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Because when insanity takes it's toll, I intend to have exact change."
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 2 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-29-05 09:58:33 PM)

British Agent's current title is very creepy...

Bush should be impeached if evidence exists that he lied while in office. Certainly if Cheney is impeached Bush ought to be thoroughly investigated. There's a clear link now between information Bush used in his State Of The Union address and the effort Cheney's office put into paying Wilson back by outing his wife as a CIA operative. Wilson reported to the WH that some of the most damning intelligence about Iraq's nuclear dealings were clearly forgeries - knowing this Bush and whoever organises his public addresses used the specific cases that Wilson discredited in that State of the Union address and then months later declared the information inaccurate. There definitely needs to be a deeper search of WH records and I hope Fitzgerald doesnt let the buck stop at Libby. I dont believe for a second that Libby would have been operating without the knowledge of his uberboss Cheney.

We'll see.

"My 1991 brawl with a transvestite is still the classic. He was a big guy, so once I got him down, I kept decking him. Then I saw the cops and thought, 'Hmmm. Danny Partridge beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite hooker. I should probably run.' I listened to my own high-speed pursuit on the stereo of my car after beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite prostitute. That's bitchin'. "
- Danny Bonaduce, man among men.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 3 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-29-05 11:52:18 PM)

Quote:
Bush should be impeached if evidence exists that he lied while in office

If proven to have intentionally lied, which would be difficult to do.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[00:57] <IF0> you missed a big debate.
[00:57] <IF0> between myself and STFU.
[00:58] <IF0> he says i'm selfish because i don't put effort into contributing at intl, to which my response is "i don't particularly care enough about INTL to put effort into contributing, other than perusing it for amusement"
[00:58] <the_red_chimp> ...wait
[00:58] <the_red_chimp> he contributes?

[15:18] <mmac> you think you're more of a man than I am?

[17:43] <IF0> i saw your ass
[17:44] <MsPT> perfect
[17:48] <MsPT> wait..are you talking about my ass or my boyfriend?
[17:52] <IF0> ...your ass.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 4 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 12:51:56 AM)

The way things are happening is better anyway, with multiple members of the Republican and Administration hierarchy being hauled before the courts for good solid reasons. Unrelated case but still....DeLay sure looks perky in his mugshot. Botox, anyone?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1020051delay1.html

Now, tell me the truth, Tom. Isint this kind of fun? I know I'm having fun i'm a serial-killer :)

"My 1991 brawl with a transvestite is still the classic. He was a big guy, so once I got him down, I kept decking him. Then I saw the cops and thought, 'Hmmm. Danny Partridge beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite hooker. I should probably run.' I listened to my own high-speed pursuit on the stereo of my car after beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite prostitute. That's bitchin'. "
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reply 5 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 01:55:37 AM)

You have to wonder how the trial are going to go however. Republican party leaders going in front of conservative texas judges? Yeah, like anything is going to happen there.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.
Sixten Sparre
pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 6 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 04:15:28 AM)

It's amazing how much Bush can piss all over the political system, but still a majority of americans voted for him.
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 04:44:45 AM)

it is amazing how much something that happened today can not change the past
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 8 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 05:22:07 AM)

Lets all just move on and let bygones be bygones.

IF0
Administrator

Reply 9 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 09:20:14 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
It's amazing how much Bush can piss all over the political system, but still a majority of americans voted for him.

Instead of whining about how Bush was elected AGAIN in the same way that you've done since the election despite that it won't change ANYTHING, you should probably constructively and intelligently realize that it's more of a sign that maybe the democratic party should come up with candidates that are worthy of being voted for. It wasn't that everybody believes in Bush. It was more that the democrats can't field anybody worthy of being him, and THAT is the sad part, not that Bush was re-elected. In another news, I hate first past the post elections.
[00:58] <IF0> he says i'm selfish because i don't put effort into contributing at intl, to which my response is "i don't particularly care enough about INTL to put effort into contributing, other than perusing it for amusement"

Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 10 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 09:30:09 AM)

Quoted from Surt:

His current approval rating is ~43%.

Quoted from Snowy:
Bush should be impeached if evidence exists that he lied while in office.

It doesn't stop there -- he can be impeached if he has been found to commit "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." The Constitution hasn't defined what that means nor have the courts explicitly interpreted it. But there are at least two issues that fall into these categories -- misleading the public re: the war in Iraq and election scandal.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticing under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
IF0
Administrator

Reply 11 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 09:31:10 AM)

If I'm not mistaken.. Impeachment must be approved by the House, then a trial is held in front of the Senate, with the Chief Justice overseeing. That's a bunch of Republicans that'd have to agree.

Nicotine

Ballkicks: (+5 / -2)
Reg. Date: Oct 2005
Reply 12 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 11:36:20 AM)

Quoted from IF0:
Quote:
Bush should be impeached if evidence exists that he lied while in office

If proven to have intentionally lied, which would be difficult to do.

It wouldn't be that hard. He said the Iraqis had Weapons of Mass Destruction for one. The UN reports say there weren't any. There are other examples of course, but this one is the most obvious to those who may have followed the Independant Media's coverage of the Iraq War.

Quoted from IF0:
Quoted from Surt:

Instead of whining about how Bush was elected AGAIN in the same way that you've done since the election despite that it won't change ANYTHING, you should probably constructively and intelligently realize that it's more of a sign that maybe the democratic party should come up with candidates that are worthy of being voted for. It wasn't that everybody believes in Bush. It was more that the democrats can't field anybody worthy of being him, and THAT is the sad part, not that Bush was re-elected. In another news, I hate first past the post elections.

Au contraire, IFO. Did you know that many Churches pressured their parishioners to vote for Bush? 53% of Catholics voted for him mostly because of his views on Gay Rights (or lack thereof) and Abortion (again, or lack thereof). When I went "home" to Massachusetts in July 2004, I was shocked to hear my neighbors tell me that the area priests were having the parishioners sign a petition against gay marriage and that pamphlets were given out in support of Bush and his re-election.

Quoted from IF0:
If I'm not mistaken.. Impeachment must be approved by the House, then a trial is held in front of the Senate, with the Chief Justice overseeing. That's a bunch of Republicans that'd have to agree.

Haha Basically, but don't label people simply by their party affiliation. Everyone has their own brain (well, with some exceptions ahem) and the right to speak out against what they see as wrong. If some Republicans think Bush should be Impeached then more power to them.
"We were clappy-happy, we were hippy-dippy,
We were building Eden by the mighty Mississippi.
And we lived in San Fransisco, or else in Notting Hill,
And we made a lot of babies though our women took the pill,
Ad we played a lot of Zappa and Dylan and the 'Dead,
And we talked a lot - but mostly I've forgotten what we said.
sprUceWOLF

Reply 13 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 12:04:30 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Instead of whining about how Bush was elected AGAIN ...

despite evidence that the second Bush election may have been tainted by electronic vote-switching fraud...
IF0
Administrator

Reply 14 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 12:36:36 PM)

Quote:
It wouldn't be that hard. He said the Iraqis had Weapons of Mass Destruction for one. The UN reports say there weren't any. There are other examples of course, but this one is the most obvious to those who may have followed the Independant Media's coverage of the Iraq War.

All he'd have to say was that he was given incorrect information/intelligence, and the blame would then be diverted. It'd be very difficult to prove something that could potentially be hidden in the depths of government secrecy, especially when the government makes it very difficult to become privy to such information. Therefore, it'd be difficult to bring it up in court.
Quote:
Au contraire, IFO. Did you know that many Churches pressured their parishioners to vote for Bush? 53% of Catholics voted for him mostly because of his views on Gay Rights (or lack thereof) and Abortion (again, or lack thereof). When I went "home" to Massachusetts in July 2004, I was shocked to hear my neighbors tell me that the area priests were having the parishioners sign a petition against gay marriage and that pamphlets were given out in support of Bush and his re-election.

Yes, churches would encourage their followers to vote Republican. That's no surprise. Religious people are generally conservative, and support the republican beliefs that you mentioned above. However, America has had religious influence forever, and democrats have still won presidential elections. It just so happens that John Kerry was a worthless candidate, even compared to Bush. When Obama runs, he'll most likely win. Worthy candidates will result in a win, unless they're not a part of the republican or democratic party.
Quote:
Haha Basically, but don't label people simply by their party affiliation. Everyone has their own brain (well, with some exceptions ahem) and the right to speak out against what they see as wrong. If some Republicans think Bush should be Impeached then more power to them.

When people hope to continue their political careers as part of a certain party, with that comes certain negatives to going against said party. With a two party system, if you fuck over your party as a politican, you're not going to be very popular. Politics does not always allow for integrity.
Quote:
despite evidence that the second Bush election may have been tainted by electronic vote-switching fraud...

Conspiracy theorists unite.

Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 15 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 01:05:37 PM)

That is a pretty reasonable theory, about the voting fraud. Just because it goes against official history doesnt mean there cant be an aspect of truth.

The Government Accounting Office has confirmed what the blogs reported and the mainstream media media dismissed as "conspiracy theory". The electronic voting machines were wide open to fraud, and fraud likely occured in Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, and New Mexico, among other states.

According to CNN, the U.S. House Judiciary Committee received "more than 57,000 complaints" following Bush's alleged re-election. Many such concerns were memorialized under oath in a series of sworn statements and affidavits in public hearings and investigations conducted in Ohio by the Free Press and other election protection organizations.

The non-partisan GAO report has now found that, "some of [the] concerns about electronic voting machines have been realized and have caused problems with recent elections, resulting in the loss and miscount of votes."

The United States is the only major democracy that allows private partisan corporations to secretly count and tabulate the votes with proprietary non-transparent software. Rev. Jesse Jackson, among others, has asserted that "public elections must not be conducted on privately-owned machines." The CEO of one of the most crucial suppliers of electronic voting machines, Warren O'Dell of Diebold, pledged before the 2004 campaign to deliver Ohio and thus the presidency to George W. Bush.

The trouble is finding a balance between 'kook theory' and reality. If you trust that what you see in the mainstream media is all that happens and all that you need to know about, you're in as much trouble as the people who think Reptilians killed President Kennedy.

IF0
Administrator

Reply 16 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 01:09:03 PM)

Let's hope then, that if it really happened, maybe there will be an effort to remedy the situation, especially if it happens again.

sprUceWOLF

Reply 17 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 02:43:51 PM)

If the people in power control the election machinery, what is their incentive to allow investigation or reform????
IF0
Administrator

Reply 18 of 82 (Originally posted on: 10-30-05 02:56:07 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Politics does not always allow for integrity.

sprUceWOLF

Reply 19 of 82 (Originally posted on: 11-01-05 05:04:48 PM)

The Senate Democrats forced the full Senate into closed session today to talk about the Iraq whitewash ... closed session has not occurred in 25 years I think they said, and then by agreement of both parties, not in this fashion.

Would the rest of the world recover some of its (formerly) favorable feelings toward the USA if the nation dealt with Bush specifically because of Iraq ... and took action?
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 20 of 82 (Originally posted on: 11-02-05 06:51:11 AM)

The Democrats need to step up and defend this, and not let Bush/Frist/etc. frame the issue. The closed Senate is not a bigger story then Bush's war lies.

America hates this war right now, and they should (correctly) claim to be a minority party fighting for the majority opinion to be heard. The Bush Administration should be held accountable for its bullshit.
"I can't carry a pen...I'm afraid it will puncture my scrotum"
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 21 of 82 (Originally posted on: 11-02-05 07:41:55 AM)

grr that dubya has done it again!
LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
IF0
Administrator

Reply 22 of 82 (Originally posted on: 11-02-05 09:09:50 AM)

Actually, seeing as how Iraq just passed a constitution, it's popularity might get a boost.

Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 23 of 82 (Originally posted on: 11-02-05 02:51:34 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Actually, seeing as how Iraq just passed a constitution, it's popularity might get a boost.
You mean the constitutional election that was so shady even the Iraqi Shiite majority wants a recount?
"I can't carry a pen...I'm afraid it will puncture my scrotum"
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 24 of 82 (Originally posted on: 11-03-05 04:22:59 PM)

Sorry guys, but I already warned you about electing Bush a year ago!
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6235 | Total Posts: 82 ]