Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > New Feature: Photojournals > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2925 | Total Posts: 43 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 09-25-05 04:05:49 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I really only added this, because I'm in dire need of one of these, so I decided I'd add this as a global feature for INTL.

It's fairly simple to use and I'll probably add more shit to it later, when I have more time.

Click here to view the index page of the Photojournal section.

Once there, there will be an indexed list of all photojournals available. If you're one of the first few people to view this thread, you'll probably only see my photojournal listed.

You can view individual photojournals by clicking on the link provided in the table cell. A random photo from your photojournal will be displayed.

From within viewing a photojournal, you can view individual photos by clicking on the thumbnail provided for that photo.

Once viewing an individual photo, you can click on "Next" and "Prev" to navigate through all the photos within the photojournal.

"That's all great and good, but how do I start my own photojournal?"

On the index page of the photojournal, at the bottom of the list of photojournals, you can click on the "Click here" link which will take you to the upload script.

From within the upload script, you can upload 10 photos at a time and simultaneously give each individual photo a comment, which will be displayed when viewing that photo. You may also use BBCode in order to help format your comment.

When you submit the photos, the script will automatically generate a thumbnail based on the full-sized photo you uploaded and return you to YOUR photojournal.

From your photojournal, you may either click "Edit" or "Delete" in order to do just as I said, edit or delete that photo.

When you click "Edit", you'll only be able to change your comment.

When you click "Delete", you'll have to confirm the deletion of that photo.

And that's about it.

TODO List:

User-submitted comments on individual photos
Privatized photojournals
Ratings for individual photos
Rename file option
Download/save all photojournal photos in zip format

Additional information:

For the time being, everyone can create a photojournal. When INTL4 comes out, photojournals will be Premium account ONLY! When the changeover takes place, non-premium members photojournals will be locked to that member until they register a premium account.

Also, there is no quota--for the time being--on the amount of photos or size of photos you may upload. Also, non-registered members may view your photojournal.

If I start noticing a lot of people registering to use the photojournal, I'll likely make it so that you need a certain number of posts in order to use the photojournal.

And as always, ENJOY!
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 04:27:05 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I thought the header looked funny. Anyway, hopefully this'll get some use.
Oh, I am going to go to a special hell...
- Malcolm Reynolds
Captain, Serenity.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 2 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 04:40:58 PM)

Looks awesome. If I ever get my hands on a scanner, mine will be packed to the gills.
I will be your screech and crash if you will be my crutch and cast
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 07:18:11 PM)

In the Mosul picture, what's that long wall-looking thing?
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 4 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 07:21:47 PM)

once again jeff, awesome idea. im gonna be all over this like a fat bitch on cheese cake.
Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool's gold mouthpiece
The hollow horn plays wasted words
Proves to warn
That he not busy being born
Is busy dying.

I can't use liquor as a crutch, a crutch helps you walk.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 5 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 07:29:20 PM)

It seems like the photojournals are organized by user, I think instead they should be organized as independent entities, and named. So if you click "photojournals" it will show you four of the most recently created photojournals, and in each persons profile, it would say "view x's photojournals" and it would take you to a page with all of his different photojournals listed. It would be necessary for the photojournals to be nameable and perhaps have a short description.

I don't really know how to phrase suggestions except in the form of a hypothetical statement, so bear with me here and please understand that I am not making demands.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 6 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 07:51:17 PM)

before i decend on the server and rape it up the ass is there any limit to what someone can upload? i have about 7000 pictures ive taken, and while only a tiny fraction are worth showing off i dont want to get carried away. unelss its ok to get carried away, then im all for shameless self promotion.

edit: stupid spelling.
Suicide remarks are torn
Proves to warn
Is busy dying.

This reply was last edited on 09-25-05 11:06:46 PM by NNY.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 7 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 08:10:52 PM)

this is something that could get integrated into the frontpage i guess, too.

also, fuck that's a nice camera. wish i had the cash.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 8 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 10:16:10 PM)

Quoted from NNY:
before i decent on the server and rape it up the ass is there any limit to what someone can upload? i have about 7000 pictures ive taken, and while only a tiny fraction are worth showing off i dont want to get carried away. unelss its ok to get carried away, then im all for shameless self promotion.

I'd say pick out the favorite of your favorites, or focus on a specific theme or day/time period until Jeff gives you the go-ahead on bandwidth assassination. I'm trying to keep the number of my pictures under twenty for now (just a stab in the dark), but I don't know if Jeff'll want it less than that when the feature becomes more popular, or if it even matters.

Edit: this is an excellent feature, Sandamnit.
'Mine is a long and a sad tale!' said the Mouse, turning to Alice, and sighing.
'It is a long tail, certainly,' said Alice, looking down with wonder at the Mouse's tail; 'but why do you call it sad?'
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 9 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 11:09:56 PM)

alright, untill i hear from jeff ill trim it down some. i had 80 picked out just thumbing through but i can narrow it down to fewer, I GUESS.

edit:

also, maximum prefered resolution? im not going to upload any 4mb high res images, but im just curious.
Suicide remarks are torn
Proves to warn
Is busy dying.

D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 10 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-25-05 11:38:48 PM)

So yea I just uploaded 20 fairly high-resolution pictures. Let us know whats too much.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 11 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 05:30:38 AM)

I don't really care what you upload. As it stands, the site can push 1.2 terrabytes of bandwidth a month and I have a few dozen gigs of freespace on the server.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 12 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 07:05:03 AM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
I don't really care what you upload. As it stands, the site can push 1.2 terrabytes of bandwidth a month and I have a few dozen gigs of freespace on the server.

huzzah. commence uploading!
Suicide remarks are torn
Proves to warn
Is busy dying.

Ballard
INTL Premium Member

Ballkicks: (+162 / -22)
Reply 13 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 07:43:55 AM)

This is very cool.

Some crazy-good photographers here. why haven't you been making threads showing these photos?
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 14 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 08:16:03 AM)

i make them once in a while. many of these ive probably already posted. a few of them go back a few years. i dont know what anyone else's excuse is.
Suicide remarks are torn
Proves to warn
Is busy dying.

Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reply 15 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 09:06:44 AM)

this is such a great idea, sandamnit. i'm going to go upload a bunch of stuff now.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 16 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 09:27:11 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
So yea I just uploaded 20 fairly high-resolution pictures. Let us know whats too much.

I remember you talking about that trip, and since I went on practically the same one a few years ago - thanks for those pictures, dude, brings back very nice memories i'm a serial-killer :) Same with you Vervet, for your pictures of Rothenburg. I wanna go back!

I'm uploading some pictures now.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 17 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 10:59:03 AM)

Quoted from Ballard:
This is very cool.

Some crazy-good photographers here. why haven't you been making threads showing these photos?

I think some people have; I recall having seen (some of) yours, Dimi's, NNY's and Kayte's before. I believe Sandamnit has made a thread with Iraq pictures before--just not these.

I've been working on resizing and organizing all of my Germany pictures into an album for offline friends and family--but I've had a thread in mind for awhile. Things just got busy once I got back to University.

Speaking of: Lyle, did you go to Europe as planned? Did you take a fuckload of pictures?
'Mine is a long and a sad tale!' said the Mouse, turning to Alice, and sighing.
'It is a long tail, certainly,' said Alice, looking down with wonder at the Mouse's tail; 'but why do you call it sad?'
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 18 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 11:40:55 AM)

What is the chance that you have a high rez version of this one:

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/photojournal.php?a=view&id=100

I would like to set it as my desktop.
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 19 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 01:10:19 PM)

Wow I wasn't expecting any more features, I'm gonna put some up of my trip to Beijing and Hong Kong.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 20 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 01:11:33 PM)

I'm trying to upload a larger version of it, but my Internet over here is shitty and keeps timing out when I try to send it.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, I added photo titles and additional information (for those photos with additional information embedded into their file headers).

You can now specify a photo title on the upload page and/or edit that title through the "Edit" feature. If you do not specify a photo title, the photo title will default to the filename, without the file extension (jeff.jpg will become "jeff").

Also, I installed a program called "jhead" on the server that reads the header information from JPEG images and embedded it into the script, so that you can now view additional information on the photos based off of the information that your camera embedded into the file. For example, for most of my photos, you can see I took them with a Nikon D70, the aperture size, and size of the lens, along with various settings I had my camera set at to achieve the end result of my photo.

THE MORE YOU KNOW
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 21 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 01:15:29 PM)

Quoted from Bebop:
Wow I wasn't expecting any more features, I'm gonna put some up of my trip to Beijing and Hong Kong.
Yeah, I know I had posted that I wasn't going to be working on any further features for INTL3 and was only going to include new features in INTL4. However, when the idea struck me, I decided to write this for INTL3 and INTL4. I guess it'll help me further develop the INTL4 version of the photojournal, when I have an actual database to debug off of.
Sith
INTL Premium Member
Mango

Snake high score hog

Ballkicks: (+50 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 22 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 03:16:36 PM)

Very cool feature. I probably won't use it, unless I get a camera, but still, awesome idea.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 23 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 08:22:46 PM)

I think i've posted some of the photos before. But I normally don't make photo threads cause i'm always pushing my INTL file limit.

Edit: I just uploaded 10 (much more reasonably sized) more pictures from a trip to Greece many years ago.
Also +K to NNY for some amazing pictures. Also i'm really enjoying everyone else's photos too.
Loving this feature.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
This reply was last edited on 09-26-05 08:42:46 PM by D.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 24 of 43 (Originally posted on: 09-26-05 08:49:50 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
I think i've posted some of the photos before. But I normally don't make photo threads cause i'm always pushing my INTL file limit.

Edit: I just uploaded 10 (much more reasonably sized) more pictures from a trip to Greece many years ago.
Also +K to NNY for some amazing pictures. Also i'm really enjoying everyone else's photos too.
Loving this feature.

thanks.

im definitely loving all of these that people have put up. hopefully more people will jump on the bandwagon.

im not uploading super high res for efficiency, and i hate scrolling to see the whole thing. it might not do that for everyone, but it irritates the shit out of me. most of these i have up to 2560x1920 on the off chance that anyone wants a bigger copy of something.
Suicide remarks are torn
Proves to warn
Is busy dying.

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2925 | Total Posts: 43 ]