Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > The good the bad and the ugly of New Orleans > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2897 | Total Posts: 49 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Alice Baker

"Tell me why did you give him a girls' name?"

Ballkicks: (+27 / -12)
Reg. Date: Mar 2005
(Originally posted on: 09-09-05 05:23:10 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/

I have quiet a few friends down in this part of the country and have been trying to get in touch with some of them to no avail. I finally talked to a neighbor that is feeding one of the guys fish and getting his mail. He said a group of about ten of them headed down right after Katrina hit to help. These guys all run together and work together building water tanks all over the US. If we end up in the same proximity because of a job, they get in touch so we can see each other. I just wanted to say something about that part of the country having GOOD people. They are all not stupid, uneducated, looters.
Sun bleached bones and withered trees
Slowly rotting just like me
Empty bottles broken glass
My resolve is fading fast

I swear sometimes I think this life is killing me
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 05:57:56 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

so whos the ugly?
LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 2 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 06:03:14 AM)

Incidents seem to bring the idiots out into the open though.

I don't see anything wrong with stealing food from the grocery store (when it's impossible to buy food), but I hope as many of those people stealing remote control cars and shit get arrested as possible.

I hope that the cops get arrested and fired from their job for that. It shows real problems with american society when things like this happen (I'm sure we're not the only ones though).

I did laugh my ass off when I saw those cops, you'd think they could atleast change out of their uniforms first!
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.
Sixten Sparre
…pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 3 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 06:04:02 AM)

pff, anyone would loot given the chance
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 4 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 06:07:29 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
I wouldn't, unless it was a matter of survival. But then again I have moral integrity.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reply 5 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 06:46:32 AM)

Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from Surt:
I wouldn't, unless it was a matter of survival. But then again I have moral integrity.
I have little moral integrity, but I still wouldn't loot, unless for matters of survival (ie food, water, liquor)
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 07:36:01 AM)

Quoted from Mingan:
Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from Surt:
I have little moral integrity, but I still wouldn't loot, unless for matters of survival (ie food, water, liquor)
ditto to mingan. in the middle of a deserted, flooded, powerless city what would be the point in breaking into best buy? any sensible person would have far higher priorities than filling their house with all the shit they could never afford. thats what insurance claims are for -- well after you arent in immediate and perpetual risk of dying.

damned if i wouldnt need a drink though.
Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool's gold mouthpiece
The hollow horn plays wasted words
Proves to warn
That he not busy being born
Is busy dying.

I can't use liquor as a crutch, a crutch helps you walk.
Scarlet
Woah

Skank

Ballkicks: (+82 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 7 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 03:04:46 PM)

I find I agree with Surt, I'd go looting not just for the hell of it, but because I could get some fairly good stuff for free *Shrugs*
- Scarlet.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 8 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 03:07:28 PM)

Yeah, I'd loot. I'd probably hit up the retail stores and take off with the most kickass computer i could find. I seriously fantasized about being there, finding a best buy and making 3 ultra-end PC's out of components, taking the best home theatre equipment and shit and stuffing it all into my car, removing all traces of the store from them, and take off.
Alice Baker

Reply 9 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 04:35:55 PM)

Quoted from NNY:
Quoted from Mingan:
Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from Surt:
ditto to mingan. in the middle of a deserted, flooded, powerless city what would be the point in breaking into best buy? any sensible person would have far higher priorities than filling their house with all the shit they could never afford. thats what insurance claims are for -- well after you arent in immediate and perpetual risk of dying.

damned if i wouldnt need a drink though.

You think this attitude toward looting might be the reason some of the people who are above water in the French Quarter refuse to be forced out. They dont have windows, electricity or running water but they want to stay!

I donít mess with other peoples stuff. Their girlfriends, cars, wallets etc. I do on occasion mess with them but only if it is warranted. But if I was starving a super chain like wall-mart could kiss my butt. I would take their water and food. But I donít see me cruising the electronics isle or the pharmacy.

How about the cops sit at the door with instructions written on the wall. "If this is a must have item take it! If not we will shoot your before you can get it put back"

NNY has a good point. I would get me a bottle and a shotgun. Guard what I owned and up the death toll which is now believed to be grossly overrated.

"Some of the catastrophic deaths that some people predicted may not have occurred," said Col. Terry Ebbert, the city's homeland security chief.

jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 10 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 06:49:59 PM)

Quoted from Lord Devon:
Yeah, I'd loot. I'd probably hit up the retail stores and take off with the most kickass computer i could find. I seriously fantasized about being there, finding a best buy and making 3 ultra-end PC's out of components, taking the best home theatre equipment and shit and stuffing it all into my car, removing all traces of the store from them, and take off.

Drive off straight into the 5 foot flood waters? Good plan. Well thought out. Maybe you should loot a canoe first.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 11 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 07:06:18 PM)

Sure I'd loot. I'd be grabbing food and loads of diabetic supplies - I'd grab as much of that as I could.
"I went in the Haunted House, and around the corner, Frankenstein was patiently waiting for me."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 12 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-09-05 10:00:24 PM)

If it were an option I would have gotten the fuck out so I didn't have to loot anything anyways.

I would loot in a group though, so maybe the other asshole would get shot first.
Alice Baker

Reply 13 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-10-05 05:33:05 AM)

Quoted from Tyr:
If it were an option I would have gotten the fuck out so I didn't have to loot anything anyways.

I would loot in a group though, so maybe the other asshole would get shot first.

A good idea would be to loot a Kevlar vest!!! Sams use to have them and definitely in a group. It is hard to see over 5 cases of beer to know where the bullets are coming from!

antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 14 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-10-05 08:09:00 AM)

I know I'd get a new iPod, and maybe one for all of my friends.
mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 15 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-10-05 04:49:01 PM)

Quoted from Alice Baker:
A good idea would be to loot a Kevlar vest!!!
I thought you had to go through special channels to buy a bullet proof vest. I know when my stepdad ordered his good vest (the kind that's one step up from the military's, with ceramic plates to take a rifle round point blank) he had to jump through a whole bunch of hoops.
Alice Baker

Reply 16 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-11-05 05:13:54 PM)

Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from Alice Baker:
I thought you had to go through special channels to buy a bullet proof vest. I know when my stepdad ordered his good vest (the kind that's one step up from the military's, with ceramic plates to take a rifle round point blank) he had to jump through a whole bunch of hoops.

I dont know their quality. But I went to Sams one time and that was the first thing on display. You know how they put new stuff right when you walk in. They were expensive too. I wondered who would buy a kevlar vest from Sams????? That has been awhile ago. I bet we would have seen some good stuff on MTV's jackass if you could still get them.

mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 17 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-12-05 01:55:53 AM)

Quoted from Alice Baker:
Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from Alice Baker:

I dont know their quality. But I went to Sams one time and that was the first thing on display. You know how they put new stuff right when you walk in. They were expensive too. I wondered who would buy a kevlar vest from Sams????? That has been awhile ago. I bet we would have seen some good stuff on MTV's jackass if you could still get them.
I seem to remember Johnny Knoxville getting shot in one of the episodes anyway, I thought he was wearing one.

Celebrities can probably get those vests a little easier, with all the psychos out there.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 18 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-12-05 02:53:16 AM)

Quoted from mmac:
I seem to remember Johnny Knoxville getting shot in one of the episodes anyway, I thought he was wearing one.

Celebrities can probably get those vests a little easier, with all the psychos out there.

Also, what with all of their expendable cash.
That's about when I met nelly, she was the village belle.
I was just a panderer, but I loved that girl like hell.

Then along came a city slicker, all finely dressed and gay.
Before I knew it, the son of a bitch stole my nelly away.

So I'm just resting my bones a while, and then I'll be on my way.
I'll get the runt that swiped my cunt if it takes till the judgement day.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reply 19 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-12-05 11:37:00 AM)

http://anon.salon.speedera.net/anon.salon/reporter_gone_wild.mov

This is absolutely awesome. The talking heads biting back and not letting the politicans away with soft answers. I hope it's the beginning of a new and better trend for American broadcasting. I also hope the link works...

Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reply 20 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-12-05 03:28:01 PM)

i'd hope that if i was in the situation, i wouldn't loot. it's less that i care about the very likely ruined property of people who might not be back for months, it's that it's a really dumbass waste of energy when food is scarce.
Nazgul4591
OLD SK00L KREW 4 LIFE

I'm sorry if you're crying.

Ballkicks: (+22 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 21 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-12-05 07:58:11 PM)

Quoted from Lord Devon:
I'd probably hit up the retail stores and take off with the most kickass computer i could find. I seriously fantasized about being there, finding a best buy and making 3 ultra-end PC's out of components, taking the best home theatre equipment and shit and stuffing it all into my car, removing all traces of the store from them, and take off.

What would be the pint of this if the only way out and back to your home involved over 10 feet of water? I mean do you really hink your going to find the time to dissasemble it and put it in ziplock baggies? And if so I dont think I trust Ziplock baggies to do that sort of thing. Oh well if it gets fucked at least you didnt loose any money.
No one dies a virgin life screws us all.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 22 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-13-05 12:43:30 AM)

Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from Surt:

If that were true, you wouldn't sit there and lie to us like that.

Did you guys see the last real time with Bill Mahr? Where they have the picture of a black guy wading through the water with a bag full of food and a case of sodas and the caption uses the words "after looting a convinient store" and then they have a picture with two white people in the exact same position and the caption says "after finding some food."

That was pretty crazy. I don't like to pull the race card but there has been some pretty blatant discrimination here, I think.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 23 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-13-05 12:56:20 AM)

Quoted from Smokey:
Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from Surt:

If that were true, you wouldn't sit there and lie to us like that.

Did you guys see the last real time with Bill Mahr? Where they have the picture of a black guy wading through the water with a bag full of food and a case of sodas and the caption uses the words "after looting a convinient store" and then they have a picture with two white people in the exact same position and the caption says "after finding some food."

That was pretty crazy. I don't like to pull the race card but there has been some pretty blatant discrimination here, I think.
First, I don't understand how your little story is any sort of argument against my case.

If you do wish to know however, I am white. That means I would be finding big screen televisions and stereo equipment.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 24 of 49 (Originally posted on: 09-13-05 01:17:35 AM)

I don't care enough about your case to dedicate an entire post to it.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2897 | Total Posts: 49 ]