Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Why do some people constantly fuck up thier lives? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 6579 | Total Posts: 50 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-26-05 04:19:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Why is it that some people have a constant need to do stupid things just to cause problems? I'll explain, using me as an example.

I can go on with my life for about two or three months, doing everything right, getting all the bills payed, staying out of trouble, not pissing people off, all of that shit.

Then, one day, I wake up and decide to fuck everything up just for the hell of it. I'll decide to go out and do something stupid like drink every night for a week, blow all my money on drugs, shoot at someone because they pissed me off... any number of stupid things.

Then I spend the next two or three months trying to repair all the damage I've done until I have my life running smoothly, and wake up one morning and decide to do it again.

I've met a few other people who do the same. Actually, quite a few. Its not like someone who say, goes out drinking every night, or gets fucked up all the time, its like I actually fucking plan to do this well in advance.

I'm not writing this out of angste, I'm asking a serious question to see if there are others out there like this. I mean, is this a sign of some kind of mental illness or something, or me just acting out against people from growing up in an oppressive religious household..?
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-26-05 04:49:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

you get bored, and want change?
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 2 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-26-05 05:58:51 PM)

Hedonism? Personally, I'm sort of curious as to what different people's views on this are. I take pride in trying to keep my life stable (instability is a big pet peeve of mine) and I haven't ever delved too much into alternative reasonings.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Thomas Johnson

Ballkicks: (+10 / -9)
Reg. Date: Jul 2005
Reply 3 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-26-05 08:48:55 PM)

I've got a friend who has this problem. She acts so dramatic and it's really annoying. She says she's got some social disorders but then she acts like she is better than everyone else. (She provokes conflicts and blames them on her disorders.) It's hard to talk to her now because I end up pissing her off like crazy because she tries to point out how much better she is than me in every conversation. Essentially, I piss her off and get called an asshole and she stops talking to me for a while. I suppose she does this with several people, and rotates around to different ones. Eventually she'll talk to me again in a week or so; might be different, might be the same.
Ballard
INTL Premium Member

Ballkicks: (+162 / -22)
Reply 4 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-26-05 09:13:33 PM)

Oh Stoffel, you used to be a good, wholesome blacksmith.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 5 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-26-05 09:23:19 PM)

Quoted from Stoffel:
Why is it that some people have a constant need to do stupid things just to cause problems? I'll explain, using me as an example.

I can go on with my life for about two or three months, doing everything right, getting all the bills payed, staying out of trouble, not pissing people off, all of that shit.

Then, one day, I wake up and decide to fuck everything up just for the hell of it. I'll decide to go out and do something stupid like drink every night for a week, blow all my money on drugs, shoot at someone because they pissed me off... any number of stupid things.

Then I spend the next two or three months trying to repair all the damage I've done until I have my life running smoothly, and wake up one morning and decide to do it again.

I've met a few other people who do the same. Actually, quite a few. Its not like someone who say, goes out drinking every night, or gets fucked up all the time, its like I actually fucking plan to do this well in advance.

I'm not writing this out of angste, I'm asking a serious question to see if there are others out there like this. I mean, is this a sign of some kind of mental illness or something, or me just acting out against people from growing up in an oppressive religious household..?

My theory that you're a fucking moron seems to answer all of your questions. Then again, I'm not inclined to believe you do 99.9999% of the shit you say you do.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 6 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-26-05 09:49:55 PM)

The thing i commend you on though is your recognition of this. The worst most fucking annoying thing in the world to me, is when people are lazy and have no self responsibility and shitty morals. And they ask themselves over and over "Why the hell is this happening to me? Why do i have all this bad luck? Booo hooo!" Well get up off your fucking lazy ass and pay your bills on time, quit popping out baby after baby to get your welfare check, stop doing drugs all the time and get your shit together.

I'm not saying what you are doing is good, but at least you are recognizing what you're doing. I can't really tell you why. I have a tendency to self destruct as well, but on a smaller level. I'l be at work, getting rest and reading, doing good stuff and I'll always feel that urge to just get all fucked up after awhile. So I go drinking, and usually drink quite a bit. I get bored, so I go and do what I know will be fun. It's like Pixies said too, maybe you just get bored too, and need change.

Shooting at people though......MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Frankenstein would want your lovely head.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 7 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-26-05 09:50:27 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Hedonism? Personally, I'm sort of curious as to what different people's views on this are. I take pride in trying to keep my life stable (instability is a big pet peeve of mine) and I haven't ever delved too much into alternative reasonings.

There's a difference between hedonism and idiocy. I'm a Hedonist. I don't shoot at people, and I don't blow my money on drugs.
I want to be irrationally exhuberant again.
Erags

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme ça

Ballkicks: (+171 / -112)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 8 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 03:32:16 AM)

Nothing wrong with a little friendly gunfire.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 9 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 06:08:03 AM)

I agree with jimmy.

I think the most drama-whorish stoffel does is making these shitty attention grabbing threads.
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Stoffel

Reply 10 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 11:36:47 AM)

Oddly enough, I think jimmy's comment makes the most sense. Although he doesnt believe I actually do the shit I say, its quite the opposite. Basically, I spend my life being ordinary, blending in, basically being nothing, and then when I cant stand it anymore I go out and fuck things up for the attention afterwards. It would be different if I went out and did these thigns and didnt tell anyone about them and tried to hide them, but I feel the constant need to post about them, to tell my parents about themto piss them off, to call everyone I know while I'm doing them just to piss them off...

I'm not going to blame it on a mental disorder or anything. I think its just a personality problem. I always want to be the center of attention and being normal doesnt cut it for me.

It was fine when I was doing stupid little things like getting drunk and running around naked or something, but the last four or five times I've gone way over board.

After last weekend I've kinda decided that maaaybe I cant handle this all by myself like I think I can.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 11 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 11:46:03 AM)

Well then, stop.

You just said that you do it for attention and you don't think it's anything out of your control along the lines of mental illnesses and the like. So all you have to do is cut it out.

Problem solved.
"It is hard to say if this sermon had any effect on our townsfolk. M. Othon, the magistrate, assured Dr. Rieux that he had found the preacher's arguments "absolutely irrefutable." But not everybody took so unqualified a view. To some the sermon simply brought home the fact that they had been sentenced, for an unknown crime, to an indeterminate period of punishment. And while a good many people adapted themselves to confinement and carried on their humdrum lives as before, there were others who rebelled and whose one idea now was to break loose from the prison-house."
--Albert Camus, The Plague
Stoffel

Reply 12 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 11:58:44 AM)

Well, I mean, now I really dont have a choice, because I've just admitted that its for attention and doing it now would be even more lame...
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 13 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 03:11:42 PM)

Maybe you're borderline. Do some research.
Stoffel

Reply 14 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 04:14:11 PM)

I have. The closest I've come is bipolar, but I really hate to blame my 'problems' on a mental disorder and take drugs to make me 'normal'.

I dont know, I will take a look at borderline. Unfortunately its like looking at a horoscope. No matter what it says, I can find something that fits me perfectly for disorder I look at.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 15 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 05:12:21 PM)

Noone believes that you shoot anything but your mouth off at people that piss you off.

I normally am a very good boy until the last second...then I get drunk and arrested. It's not my problem - society is anti-me. Duh.

Quoted from Stoffel:
No matter what it says, I can find something that fits me perfectly for disorder I look at.

Depression is considered a disorder these days, I'd be careful how seriously I took that.
BOYS GO 2 COLLEGE 2 GET MORE KNOWLEDGE GURLS GO 2 JUPITER 2 GET MORE STUPIDER LOL
This reply was last edited on 07-27-05 05:25:39 PM by Smokey.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 16 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 05:35:24 PM)

There's real depression and then there's everyday "i'm sad" depression. The latter isn't a disorder while the former is.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 17 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 05:39:09 PM)

Even though former makes more sense in our current society. We've got every reason to be clinically depressed.
BOYS GO 2 COLLEGE 2 GET MORE KNOWLEDGE GURLS GO 2 JUPITER 2 GET MORE STUPIDER LOL
Stoffel

Reply 18 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 06:23:40 PM)

Quote:
Noone believes that you shoot anything but your mouth off at people that piss you off.

Believe what you want. Its not like I created this thread for the purpose of 'impressing' you. Otherwise I wouldnt have admitted that I think I do it for attention. Your right, I dont go around shooting at people that piss me off, but last weekend was different because I was fucked up on something that wasnt at all what I paid for. If I was here to lie about it or show off then I would tell you exactly what I did. I am regretfull and feel really stupid about it.

Quote:
There's real depression and then there's everyday "i'm sad" depression. The latter isn't a disorder while the former is.

The thing is, I'm really not depressed or anything. I'm actually quite a happy person when things are going normal, I only get depressed right after I do the stupid things. Its like all this happyness grows and grows as the month goes by and it climaxes as I'm doing whatever fucked up thing I'm doing, and then boom, the next day its back down again and I start over. Even at that, its not really depression, its more of just regret or feeling really stupid.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 19 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-27-05 07:51:57 PM)

Quoted from Stoffel:
Quote:

Believe what you want. Its not like I created this thread for the purpose of 'impressing' you. Otherwise I wouldnt have admitted that I think I do it for attention. Your right, I dont go around shooting at people that piss me off, but last weekend was different because I was fucked up on something that wasnt at all what I paid for. If I was here to lie about it or show off then I would tell you exactly what I did. I am regretfull and feel really stupid about it.

Right - and who the fuck gave you a gun? Or are we talking about silly string? I still think you're full of shit and pushing for internet attention.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 20 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-28-05 02:52:47 AM)

If you really do have a problem, I would look into something called self destructive personality disorder. I always like to blame that kind of stuff on a shitty childhood however.

Also if you ever want to be taken seriously change your damn Avatar. (I have so much room to talk)
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.
Stoffel

Reply 21 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-28-05 10:37:17 AM)

Quote:
Right - and who the fuck gave you a gun? Or are we talking about silly string? I still think you're full of shit and pushing for internet attention.

I've always had guns dumb ass. I grew up in the middle of the country, I've played with more guns than you have seen.

Quote:
If you really do have a problem, I would look into something called self destructive personality disorder. I always like to blame that kind of stuff on a shitty childhood however.

Me and my brother had a discussion on this, about how we wanted to blame it on our childhood, but we realized that we had an increadibly normal childhood and hate our parents because we cant blame our problems on them. :p

Quote:
Also if you ever want to be taken seriously change your damn Avatar. (I have so much room to talk)

eh, forgot about that, changed it back.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 22 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-28-05 12:38:56 PM)

Good to know Stoffel, really looking forward to reading about you in the papers.

I still think your full of shit because it's kind of hard to shoot at a person without getting arrested or at least sued for it...of course this IS texas...

Either way - you fuck up like I did and you're just a fucked up guy that got in a car - performed a daily routine that with his clouded judgement he thought he was fine to do as he always was years before.

You get fucked up and start shooting at people and you're probably a crazy Texan that doesn't need to have guns in the first place.
This reply was last edited on 07-28-05 12:49:35 PM by Smokey.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 23 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-28-05 12:50:12 PM)

Also, why are Texans allowed to have guns?
Stoffel

Reply 24 of 50 (Originally posted on: 07-28-05 01:50:50 PM)

Quote:
You get fucked up and start shooting at people and you're probably a crazy Texan that doesn't need to have guns in the first place.

I'm not going to argue with you about this now. I mean, I can honestly see a legitimate reason for gun control. Although gun control wouldnt have made a difference in this because I dont have a permit or license. And at that, I was a pussy in the way I did it. I didnt shoot at 'someone' I shot at the vehicle they were in from a ways down a dark road and then ran.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6579 | Total Posts: 50 ]