Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Battlefield 2 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3427 | Total Posts: 40 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-07-05 03:21:00 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I have to say, when I first heard it was modern combat I was disappointed. As with many games, my cousins and friends all got on the demo together so I jumped on the bandwagon. This game is fucking amazing. The strategy involved dwarfs every first person shooter around and the only complaint I have is that the sniper rifle sucks. There are so many options in this game that it's ridiculous. My personal favorite is the spec ops class, which can run up and plant C4 on a tank and blow it up, or combat drop into an enemy base and demo their radar. Overall it's worth every penny, and I'm throughly enjoying it.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 1 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-07-05 07:08:14 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This game is waaaaaaay too advanced for my computer.

MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
stumbling towards 3000
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-07-05 09:06:12 PM)

I also *love* the special ops class. Also, a little trick my friend taught me with spec ops. Cover your vehicle in C4, drive it somewhere (either around a bunch of enemies or a place where enemies will get into it) then blow it up.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
FMP writes erotic stories better than anyone else I know. - Socrateius
Shadowe

I kinda want to see that up someone's ass

Ballkicks: (+90 / -84)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 3 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-09-05 07:22:42 AM)

How about that, yet another part of bf2 that is pretty much a perfect match for something in planetside.
"We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things."

"Fourteen words to make someone fall in love with you forever, seven words to make them go without pain, how to say goodbye to a friend who is dying, how to be poor, how to be rich, how to rediscover dreams when the world has stolen them from you."
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 4 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-09-05 07:49:22 AM)

If you're trying to compare BF2 to planetside, there is no comparison. I can't even begin to explain how good this game is, not to mention the fact that it doesn't cost 12.99 per month.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 5 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-10-05 09:45:40 PM)

BF2 currently owns my life MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS I am awesome at the medic and sniper kits, and I am working on my engineer kit skills, although the shotgun isn't really my thing. Hit me up on MSN if any of you want to play, I only play on ranked servers though.
Iím the new king, Iíll take the queen...

[12:34am] <14Xunny> It may be highly viscous, but it doesn't mean it will stay there forever.
[12:34am] <04AntiAmi> my member is better now
[12:34am] <04AntiAmi> it stopped burning yesterday
[12:34am] <14Xunny> and Menion should shut the fuck up
[12:34am] <06+JimRowley> well i dunno bout the underaged literotica stuff
[12:34am] <06+Amphytrite> that's the spirit, sunny.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 6 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-11-05 02:12:08 AM)

I really love this game when I play it at my friend's houses...but honestly my computer would explode just trying to install it.
stumbling towards 3000
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 7 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-11-05 08:24:57 AM)

I just unlocked the medic weapon a few days ago, I was pinning down snipers on the dam (fucking HATE that level) last night as a medic. I gotta say it felt pretty good. Shotty is god in Karkland and Mashuutar, and nowhere else. I'm also becomming a beast with anti tank, I can take down armor from across the map pretty much every time now, moving or not(guided missiles are amazing).
Shadowe

I kinda want to see that up someone's ass

Ballkicks: (+90 / -84)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 8 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-11-05 08:16:52 PM)

This is priceless, i can't wait for the Sony-EA lawsuit this is going to start. If EA can get away with this, then i should have no trouble selling gta with a taped on label.
"We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things."

"Fourteen words to make someone fall in love with you forever, seven words to make them go without pain, how to say goodbye to a friend who is dying, how to be poor, how to be rich, how to rediscover dreams when the world has stolen them from you."
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 9 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-11-05 11:29:38 PM)

Yeah and after Sony is done suing EA for making a better game than them, perhaps they can move on to Bungie (Halo), or Atari(Unreal Tournament), or gosh, any game that incorporates vehicles into an FPS. They're similar, ok, Command and Conquer is similar to Starcraft, I don't recall Westwood suing Blizzard, or vice versa. I don't recall Nascar suing whoever makes Midnight Club. Do you know why that is? It's because you can't sue someone for making a product similar to yours. I doubt you've even played Battlefield 2, given your obvious lack of knowledge, so I fail to see where you can make a comparison apart from what you've read about it anyway.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 10 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-12-05 05:00:40 AM)

Quoted from Shadowe:
This is priceless, i can't wait for the Sony-EA lawsuit this is going to start. If EA can get away with this, then i should have no trouble selling gta with a taped on label.
what the fuck are you talking about
FISHMANPET

Reply 11 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-12-05 12:48:53 PM)

He thinks BF2 is a total rip of Sony's Planetside.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 12 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-13-05 05:23:13 AM)

Aren't Planetside battles much bigger? I thought it had battles with over a 100 players.

And you can't sue people for making similar games, that's just silly.
SpiderPEZ

Ballkicks: (+4 / -1)
Reg. Date: Jul 2005
Reply 13 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-13-05 12:16:09 PM)

Quoted from antpocas:
Aren't Planetside battles much bigger? I thought it had battles with over a 100 players.

Why not? Marvel Comics tried to sue NCSoft for City of Heroes. All because some Marvel employees were able to make superheroes with exactly the same powers to heroes published by Marvel Comics.

It's just as silly if not more.
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 14 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-13-05 01:42:58 PM)

Quoted from SpiderPEZ:
Quoted from antpocas:

Why not? Marvel Comics tried to sue NCSoft for City of Heroes. All because some Marvel employees were able to make superheroes with exactly the same powers to heroes published by Marvel Comics.

It's just as silly if not more.

The bolded parts separate similar from exact. Also it was in the City of Hero's EULA that you couldn't make a character with a name/appearance similar to a copyrighted character, and they deleted your character if you did.
FISHMANPET

Reply 15 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-13-05 01:46:43 PM)

Marvel lost that suit, I believe. They can't copywright flying or capes, or any one aspec that makes their characters unique.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 16 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-18-05 06:12:59 PM)

Quote:
Shotty is god in Karkland and Mashuutar, and nowhere else.

And Sharqi

Speaking of Sharqi Penninsuela, I can single-handedly win this map as MEC. After jumping off the Havok I can basically take the TV station all by myself. I'm now perfecting it, you dont know how many times I've been the only person able to capture a a spawn for MEC in an entire match with that level.

I'll explain my tactic if anyones interested, it's fairly redundant though.

The unlocked shotguns are absoleutly BEAST. I can get a 20 kill to 1 death ratio with those (particularly the AT one) quite often in urban levels, easily kill an entire squad inbetween reloads.

And snipers suck, anti-tank class makes a better sniper, I've scored countless 100m+ kills with the missle, nobody seems to realise that it's a 1-hit kill guided missle capable of killing anyone not behind cover guarenteed.
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 17 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-20-05 11:34:58 AM)

You get 6 shots as an AT. It leaves a smoke trail for everyone to follow. No thanks. I will admit that the AT shotty is god, but I was disappointed by the engineer unlock. 7 shots at full auto isn't enough to kill a squad.
Boo
shut up fags
Just as shitty as the original

Ballkicks: (+10 / -15)
Reg. Date: Jul 2005
Reply 18 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-24-05 12:45:56 AM)

lol, i play in CAL for battlefield 2 (www.caleague.com)
and im on a top 3 team. i might be able to make $$ playing bf2
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 19 of 40 (Originally posted on: 07-24-05 10:31:13 PM)

You don't make money playing CAL, you make money playing CPL, maybe. Also if you were actually playing CAL you'd be aware that the season hasn't started yet so it's impossible to be on a "top 3 team" because there's only been one preseason game. Almost smooth, almost. Team AWOL for the win.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 20 of 40 (Originally posted on: 11-22-05 03:27:06 PM)

So I just picked this up again and am having alot of fun with it.

Now somebody tell me how to unlock different weapons, I don't think it's possible to do with single-player, and I can't get online to play with others because my connection here sucks. Help me MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Because when insanity takes it's toll, I intend to have exact change."
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 21 of 40 (Originally posted on: 11-28-05 07:57:35 AM)

Well I just purchaced Battlefield 2: Special Forces. Anyone got it yet?

The new British SAS side is pretty damn cool, they use nifty looking modern weapons rather than some mediocre rifle that's been in use since the 70s. I think the weapons have been rebalanced in the patch or something because they feel like they're doing more damage. And the sniper rifle problem, which if you're familiar with the core game was that sniper rifles were really inacurate, has been fixed. The new vehicles aren't anything other than a graphics overhaul to the original models.

The grappling hook and zip line are pretty useful in certain situations, like when the enemy Commander sends an artilery strike to the rooftop you've been sniping on. The grappling hooks were implemented in a neat way, but they're mostly useless because nearly every rooftop in all the maps are already accessable by stairs or ladders anyway.

They added night vision goggles and gas masks and flashbangs as well, which work exactly the same as they do in other games, so it's nothing new.

Overall, BF:2 was a good game to begin with, and the addition of Special Forces Pack was a nice addition, but it didn't really add anything not seen in other games of its class (Ghost Recon, etc). The pack is only $30 though, which was the selling point for me. I can't wait to get back home for Winter vacation so that I can actually play online.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Because when insanity takes it's toll, I intend to have exact change."
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
Herminator
vervet is a dumby

Jamie Foxx kicks ass you whale fart >:(

Ballkicks: (+12 / -10)
Reg. Date: Nov 2005
Reply 22 of 40 (Originally posted on: 12-02-05 12:45:18 PM)

I apologize for reviving an apparent dead thread...but I just picked this game up and wondering if anyone from here plays much online.
Ein

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+74 / -42)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 23 of 40 (Originally posted on: 12-09-05 10:51:42 PM)

Constantly.

http://bf2s.com/player/48757510/
Kuna

Ballkicks: (+4 / -1)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 24 of 40 (Originally posted on: 01-01-06 04:07:34 PM)

I dont get to play as often as I like, but I love this game for its all out war. One round you own the opposing team, then the next round you get owned by them. Its a great game, and the mods that are coming out for it, are awsome in their own right. My favorite mod is the Stunt Mod, if you havent seen or heard of it, hit me up Ill give you some links to videos to show it off...its great!

Here are my crappy stats...lol
http://bf2s.com/player/Kuna/
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3427 | Total Posts: 40 ]