Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > The Gallery Will Soon be merged with ID > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 2476 | Total Posts: 18 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-19-05 11:56:46 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

And this is what I want you to do.

Continue posting your threads the same way you do here. I like threads about artists, poetry, writing etc. Others probably do too, they just never visit the gallery.

I did an experiment with Lyles thread earlier this month. I moved it to ID where it got 6 posts within the day. Then it got moved back to the Gallery where it's received a further 1 post in like a month or something.

I'm going to merge all the Gallery threads into ID so I'm sure the "recent review of a book" and "art of the ~day" can continue to exist at the minimum. But I don't want this to end up like the Arena, where sport is never talked about ever again. So that's all I'm stressing, keep posting your work. There are some talented people and some creative stuff here.

And from now on you can say "very nice" in reply if you think something is very nice and want to encourage someone else. Obviously extensive feedback is more constructive, but if all you want to share is an unjustified opinion then go ahead.

Please post in this thread any questions or issues you want to raise about this move or anything related.
bradism.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 1 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-19-05 12:06:11 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I dont understand why people dont cruise the forum index more often. So ID will have four moderators...will there be any special consideration towards art threads when it comes to protection against flaming and such? I kinda liked having a wee glade of art away from the mele of the other forums.

The fear and the yearning
It's gonna eat you alive
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 2 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-19-05 12:16:48 PM)

ID doesn't need any more moderators.

Quoted from Snowy:
will there be any special consideration towards art threads when it comes to protection against flaming and such?

I will pay special attention to ensure that art threads are protected and any trespass will be dealt with impunity.
bradism.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 3 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-19-05 12:22:58 PM)

That's very decent of you.

It's gonna eat you alive
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 4 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-19-05 12:36:34 PM)

Quoted from Nappy_Brad:

Quoted from Snowy:
will there be any special consideration towards art threads when it comes to protection against flaming and such?

I will pay special attention to ensure that art threads are protected and any trespass will be dealt with impunity.

I think it's also a good idea to let the general ID population know that art threads should be treated differently than the "40+ fight videos" thread.

I'm assuming you'll move this announcement to ID when you merge The Gallery. If not, will you post an announcement?
But you were living before that,
And also you are living after;
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 5 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-19-05 04:48:07 PM)

Good bye, Gallery!

This has long been needed. The Gallery has been slowly declining since its creation.
i've never been perfect // but i never meant to drag down you // so if i'm dragging you down now // i could wait in the lost and found // just promise me you'll be perfect // and i promise that i'll come around sometimes // to say // hello // all smiles[/w]

[w]L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 04:26:14 AM)

Make it provisional, and if arts disappear altogether like happened to sports then open The Gallery again. It's better to have a slow forum dedicated to arts than to not have anything at all.

And bring back The Arena
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 7 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 04:43:20 AM)

Damn, I wish i'd given you your +k for this comment instead, Suk.

It's gonna eat you alive
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 8 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 09:58:58 AM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Make it provisional, and if arts disappear altogether like happened to sports then open The Gallery again. It's better to have a slow forum dedicated to arts than to not have anything at all.

I agree completely, don't worry.
bradism.
jr10102
Rated Poor.
rated "poor"

Ballkicks: (+3 / -13)
Reg. Date: May 2005
Reply 9 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 02:41:16 PM)

i think you should merge it with ID because I barely come here anyways........
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 10 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 03:24:08 PM)

Quoted from Nappy_Brad:

Quoted from Snowy:

ID should have atleast an 'artsy' moderator representing those who do intend to post gallery threads in ID. None of the current ID moderators know what is involved in moderating gallery-type threads, nor what is acceptable and unacceptable for those threads. Appointing a moderator that knows how to deal with gallery threads would assist in the transition, and in the long-term.
"Oh Joe Cocker"
(you like Joe's Cocker, don't ya?)
"It's up where it belongs."
This reply was last edited on 05-20-05 03:29:15 PM by Sunn O))).
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 11 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 05:34:31 PM)

Quoted from Sunny:
Quoted from Nappy_Brad:

Quoted from Snowy:

ID should have atleast an 'artsy' moderator representing those who do intend to post gallery threads in ID. None of the current ID moderators know what is involved in moderating gallery-type threads, nor what is acceptable and unacceptable for those threads. Appointing a moderator that knows how to deal with gallery threads would assist in the transition, and in the long-term.

I would say NNY makes a good artsy moderator.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 12 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 08:25:20 PM)

Quoted from Vervet:
Quoted from Sunny:
Quoted from Nappy_Brad:

Quoted from Snowy:

I would say NNY makes a good artsy moderator.

Perhaps.
"Oh Joe Cocker"
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 13 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-20-05 11:25:11 PM)

Why wouldn't he?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 14 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-21-05 12:37:49 AM)

This is sad to see, but hopefully it will get the art threads more traffic. Take the ups with the downs.
<IF0> jess.
<IF0> skye.
<IF0> one of you.
<IF0> or both of you.
<drahnier> you're very perceptive
<IF0> need to come visit.
<IF0> because i think that means i'll get laid.
<suicyanide> how did you draw this conclusion?
<drahnier> because you're desperate sluts?
<drahnier> ZING
<suicyanide> ....NO
<Amphytrite> i am because i'm willing to have sex with drah.
<drahnier> amphy, you've just insulted us both at the same time
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 15 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-21-05 12:52:21 AM)

Quoted from Vervet:
Why wouldn't he?

Has he had experience moderating Gallery threads?
"Oh Joe Cocker"
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 16 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-21-05 06:31:54 AM)

Quoted from Sunny:
Quoted from Vervet:
Why wouldn't he?

He has had experience making and posting in Gallery threads; he understands what qualifies as good criticism as both an artist and a reader/forumer of this forum. I think that's enough.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 17 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-21-05 09:49:46 AM)

Quoted from Vervet:
Quoted from Sunny:
Quoted from Vervet:
Why wouldn't he?

He has had experience making and posting in Gallery threads; he understands what qualifies as good criticism as both an artist and a reader/forumer of this forum. I think that's enough.
Agreed. I'm sure he'll do a swell job.
i've never been perfect // but i never meant to drag down you // so if i'm dragging you down now // i could wait in the lost and found // just promise me you'll be perfect // and i promise that i'll come around sometimes // to say // hello // all smiles[/w]

[w]L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 18 of 18 (Originally posted on: 05-21-05 02:44:44 PM)

Quoted from Vervet:
Quoted from Sunny:
Quoted from Vervet:
Why wouldn't he?

Agreed for now, and I expect it.
"Oh Joe Cocker"
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2476 | Total Posts: 18 ]