Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > ANOTHER School Shooting > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3124 | Total Posts: 50 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 03-22-05 10:44:29 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SCHOOL_SHOOTING?SITE=MOSPL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Quote:
REDBY, Minn. (AP) -- The suspect in the worst U.S. school shooting since Columbine smiled and waved as he gunned down five students, a teacher and a guard, asking one of his victims whether he believed in God, witnesses said. The teen's grandfather and his grandfather's wife also were found dead, and the boy killed himself.

Quote:
Then, in a nearby classroom, he heard the gunman say something to his friend Ryan. "He asked Ryan if he believed in God," Graves said. "And then he shot him."

ATLEAST HE WAS ORIGINAL. omg yah rite fag lol

Same story. Guy wore all black. Kids made fun of him.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 10:49:51 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
According to the 2000 census, 5,162 people lived on the reservation, and all but 91 were Indians.

That part was just... odd.

Still, I think it's a) pretty sad that kids haven't figured out to LEAVE OUT THE WINDOW by now and b) that kids still think killing 10 people and then themselves is going to get back at the world. I mean, I'm grateful they haven't figured it out, but I would've thought anonymous attacks then leaving would be the best way to go. A couple of those and a school is shut down.

Wait... that was horrible.

Still, that's depressing and horrible. One last thing
Quote:
classes cancelled Tuesday...[still up in the air for the rest of the week]

"Well, we know you watched your best friend get shot in the head the day before yesterday, but it's time to return to algebra now."
And I'm paralyzed
Cross out the eyes
Blur all the lines
Tearing this canvas from the wall
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 10:51:31 AM)

You know, that episode of CSI where the kid beat his little brother to death with a pipe because he told people he wet the bed makes sense when you see cases like this.

I was teased plenty and often for varying reasons in my life, and I was mad, but I wasn't that fucking mad.

Anger management? Better parental environment? His dad committed suicide and his mom was in a nursing home or something to that effect because of health problems. His grandparents...I don't understand why he shot them, but...God.

Death really...yeah. I don't really have words for it right now.
rchif0: i love you
thecaveparable: why?
rchif0: good question
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 3 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 11:24:22 AM)

Quote:
"I think there was an intent to kill," Tim Hall, the hospital's emergency nursing director, said at a morning news conference.

You know, I think I'm going to have to agree with him on this one.

Quote:
His dad committed suicide and his mom was in a nursing home or something to that effect because of health problems. His grandparents...I don't understand why he shot them, but...God.

Possible his grandparents treated him like shit...I can understand why the kid was fucked up. Granted, I don't think ANYONE should ever come to the point of shooting up your school, but the kid had some problems. Of course I'm not justifying this shit at all.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 4 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 11:27:59 AM)

To be fair, I hadn't heard about one of these shootings in a while. Anyway, a Nazi Indian teenage murderer is something I did not expect to see.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 5 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 12:25:25 PM)

I would be happy if I got shot in a school shooting because then that means I am cool. coal
LEGISLATION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 12:36:25 PM)

Quoted from Dante:
I would be happy if I got shot in a school shooting because then that means I am cool. coal

And/or dead.
I always find school shootings really weird. I'm not sure exactly why-I think it has something to do with the fact that as much as my high school was a model for this kind of shooting, it never happened. It always seems to happen in the schools you never expect.
You realize the sun doesn't go down-it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reply 7 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 12:40:19 PM)

Another child who slipped through the cracks. Not enough attnetion was paid to him and now that he has killed and shot people everyone with an opnion is going to blame the media, tv, music. *insert rev lovejoys wife OH WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN*
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 8 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 12:48:43 PM)

Hillary Clinton ahoy.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
ExtraKryspi
I WHINE ABOUT ASININE SHIT
i like your style kryspi

Ballkicks: (+117 / -63)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 9 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 12:52:06 PM)

Who the fuck cares?
e io etterna duro
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 02:16:02 PM)

Quoted from ExtraKryspi:
Who the fuck cares?
hay look at me i'm a rebel! get the fuck out, troll.

anyway, i blame manhunt.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 11 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 02:23:05 PM)

Quote:
I always find school shootings really weird. I'm not sure exactly why-I think it has something to do with the fact that as much as my high school was a model for this kind of shooting, it never happened. It always seems to happen in the schools you never expect.

Exactly, I can always notice at least a few people who I'm certain, if they had the firepower and were guarenteed suicidal, would do this. But they never do.
Megan

Salamando wishes.

Ballkicks: (+53 / -19)
Reg. Date: Nov 2004
Reply 12 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 02:56:48 PM)

Quoted from Lord Devon:
Quote:

Exactly, I can always notice at least a few people who I'm certain, if they had the firepower and were guarenteed suicidal, would do this. But they never do.

my ex boyfriend was like that, he thought he was a nazi, dressed real gothic, he always talked about shooting down the school and he was all suicidle, i broke up with him. and he graduated. i assume he was just lazy...
Shadowe

I kinda want to see that up someone's ass

Ballkicks: (+90 / -84)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 13 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 03:21:05 PM)

Oh great, thompson is gonna have some FUN with this one...

Why do peaple have to be so stupid, don't they realise it only makes life difficult for everyone else.
i Will nOt inseRt subliminal mesSages into my signature to Harm certaIn peoPles Minds...yEt.

"http://www.thehumorarchives.com/humor/0001065.html"- End Of Discussion.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reply 14 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 03:23:16 PM)

Quoted from this is shit:
Quoted from Lord Devon:
Quote:

my ex boyfriend was like that, he thought he was a nazi, dressed real gothic, he always talked about shooting down the school and he was all suicidle, i broke up with him. and he graduated. i assume he was just lazy...
Wow, wait a failure. I bet he moved out of his parent's basement, too.
Full bottle in front of me. Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work, and after many glasses of work I get paid in the brain.
ExtraKryspi
I WHINE ABOUT ASININE SHIT
i like your style kryspi

Ballkicks: (+117 / -63)
Reply 15 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 03:38:53 PM)

Quoted from IB:
Quoted from ExtraKryspi:
Who the fuck cares?

anyway, i blame manhunt.
Tell me why I should care about the tragedies of complete strangers. Tell me why I should take time out of my day to mourn the deaths (if death should in fact be mourned) of these people rather than the deaths of any other people. Because we share nationality? Because they're children? Because their deaths were tragic? Because I'm not connected to them, and presumably no one else here is either, at all. I didn't know them; I didn't know anyone who knew any of them. We shared no emotional bond, no friendship. You and I didn't know any of them were alive until their deaths became national news. And now I'm supposed to feel some sort of emotion for the victims or their families? That doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps if I had been in a similar shooting, or had lost a friend to a similar shooting, I would be able to identify with what their families and friends are feeling right now. But I haven't been in a similar situation. Essentially what I'm saying is that a person who hasn't been in a similar situation can't really care, through no real fault of their own, simply because they don't truly understand the situation and the emotions that go with it.

Now, care to tell me how or why I should care about this? Or are you better at making stupid comments and moving on?
e io etterna duro
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 16 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 04:23:34 PM)

I'm about as shocked by this as I would be if you told me there was a hostage situation in Iraq.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reply 17 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 04:27:29 PM)

Quoted from ExtraKryspi:
Quoted from IB:
Quoted from ExtraKryspi:
Who the fuck cares?

anyway, i blame manhunt.
Tell me why I should care about the tragedies of complete strangers. Tell me why I should take time out of my day to mourn the deaths (if death should in fact be mourned) of these people rather than the deaths of any other people. Because we share nationality? Because they're children? Because their deaths were tragic? Because I'm not connected to them, and presumably no one else here is either, at all. I didn't know them; I didn't know anyone who knew any of them. We shared no emotional bond, no friendship. You and I didn't know any of them were alive until their deaths became national news. And now I'm supposed to feel some sort of emotion for the victims or their families? That doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps if I had been in a similar shooting, or had lost a friend to a similar shooting, I would be able to identify with what their families and friends are feeling right now. But I haven't been in a similar situation. Essentially what I'm saying is that a person who hasn't been in a similar situation can't really care, through no real fault of their own, simply because they don't truly understand the situation and the emotions that go with it.

Now, care to tell me how or why I should care about this? Or are you better at making stupid comments and moving on?

EK, I'd be shocked just by the fact that something like this doesn't shock you anymore.

Why is this happening at all? Why does it happen alot on your country?

I'm asking these questions and staying up here on the mountain-tops with ma 3-legged Haggis... away from kids with guns!
Even as you slit my throat, I'd apologise for bleeding on your dress...
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Ive ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 18 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 08:29:35 PM)

In my Spanish class a year before columbine happened there was a huge nerd everyone would make fun of. One day he thought he would scare us all by bringing a grenade to class. Eventually we saw that the grenade was dead and so we started making fun of him even more and he got beat up alot after that too.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 19 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 08:37:18 PM)

you know, an m-80 is like a quarter stick of dynamite ew gros
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 20 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 09:49:17 PM)

I always hate hearing about school shootings, but they just keep happening. Have there not been enough shootings to start gun laws in the states? What message isn't getting through?

I'll never understand why people resort to guns to get bullies to shut up. Sure, it kills them, but you're going to get nowhere. You've got to stand up for yourself before it gets to guns.
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reply 21 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 09:50:41 PM)

I remember the nerdy kids in high school when they got picked on. They didnt shoot people, they went to a gym got bigger and came back the next school year and knocked someones teeth out.

I have a feeling if schools sponsored some boxing rings and gloves there would be less of a reason to shoot someone.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 22 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 10:09:06 PM)

This kid supposedly posted Neo Nazi statements on a message board.

BLAME THE DARK DUNGEONS OF THE INTERNETS!
LEGISLATION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 23 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 10:31:50 PM)

I want to see those posts he made. Know the forum?

Quote:
I always hate hearing about school shootings, but they just keep happening. Have there not been enough shootings to start gun laws in the states? What message isn't getting through?

Because when something is illegal, it all dissapears overnight. Of course, brilliant, the bad guys will never have guns that way! omg yah rite fag lol
Khelben
INTL Premium Member
OMG!

Come to my car. I have candy.

Ballkicks: (+69 / -35)
Reg. Date: Jan 2005
Reply 24 of 50 (Originally posted on: 03-22-05 10:36:59 PM)

When it's almost as bad as Columbine was, you know it's going to be big news.

It's kind of sad, really. I had a mediocre time in 7th grade; I went to a Lutheran school of all places and had a tough time with my then-peers and teachers. When I got into high school, things got pretty good for me, but imagine if they had continued getting worse? All that anger and frustration builds up inside of you, and it's going to come out one way or the other.

This kid turned to Nazism and racism (they're synonymous)in order to vent his frustration on people he believed are inferior. Nazism does a good job, apparently, of making you feel good about yourself. It only makes sense if you think you're automatically above others.

It's not violent video games or raw TV thats to blame, and I don't think its "bad parenting" either. It is the school environment, in which he was, according to what others have said, bullied and ostracized, and when you're a teenager, those feelings hit so hard. I used to go through them.

Middle school is fucking tough, and high school can be if you don't know what to say and when. Some kids, like this guy apparently, fall through the cracks and have nothing better to do than get trampled on. If it is like that, then LEAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, OR HOMESCHOOL IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOUSE! That or you have a really positive attitude.

The thing is, there is little about it that you can do. It's hard to find a solution to a problem with so many nuances, it'll make your head spin. Kids will always be mean to some kids, and some kids just don't know how to handle it. So instead of seeking out alternate ways to deal with their frustration, they fill their classmates with bullets. And to top it off, he kills himself in the end.

If you truly are too weak to handle reality and decide suicide is for you, then whatever, but don't take 10 other people, with completely different, usually happy, lives with you. He could have gotten the help he needed, but instead he turned himself into the bad guy by killing others. Now he's up there with Harris and other school killers.

It's such a difficult issue for some, and the media, never hesitating to sensationalize anything, is always quick to blame heavy metal music and M-rated games. A quick scapegoat for parents seeking something to take their shock and anger out on. Almost forms a small cycle, doesn't it?
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he does not become one; when you gaze into the Abyss, the Abyss gazes into you..."
-Friedrich Nietzche

"Whenever the majority of men are not deprived of their property or honor, they live contentedly".
-Niccolo Machiavelli

"All of my questions are answers to my sins/And all of my endings are waiting to begin"
-Slipknot, The Subliminal Verses
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3124 | Total Posts: 50 ]