Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I have some questions about INTL > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1594 | Total Posts: 32 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
DemonTed
BANG!!*thud*

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+31 / -8)
Reg. Date: Mar 2005
(Originally posted on: 03-21-05 11:19:08 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My questions are...

1) What's the average age of the people here?

2) It seems that there a few forummers here that are disliked, is there a specific reason or example of how they become disliked or are they just like that from the start?

I guess that's about it. I think I will lurk a bit more before donating or purchasing a premium account.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 11:24:13 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

1) I'd say 18-19, though there are certainly younger and older.

2) They did that to themselves through either a) terrible posting or b) just being annoying.
And I'm paralyzed
Cross out the eyes
Blur all the lines
Tearing this canvas from the wall
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 2 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 11:26:26 AM)

Someone's scared of being rejected!

Don't suck and you'll be fine.
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 3 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 11:31:08 AM)

TRC is right: Anyone with a serious karma deficit earned it, through douchebagery or other reasons.

Think before you post, and then realize that the worst that can happen to you is that some guys on an internet forum might not like you afterwards.
LEGISLATION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES
This reply was last edited on 03-21-05 06:40:59 PM by Dante.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 4 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 01:24:42 PM)

1.16-18

2.see goatstack, kapn xaos threads. Actually people take posting way too serious and dont have much of a real life or self esteem so they try to vent on people online.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 5 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 01:34:40 PM)

Quote:

2) It seems that there a few forummers here that are disliked, is there a specific reason or example of how they become disliked or are they just like that from the start?

1. Most likely between 18-20. There are a few forumers who do not fit the mean average. Several are over thirty, while there are a few who are younger than 16. INTL is open to people of all ages.

2. If you keep up with the ToS, post with confidence, and think while posting, you most likely wont fall under the example of those who are disliked. Some are disliked from the start, others gain it through time. There are even examples where a forumer who was originally disliked has ended up being very respected later on.

Can't really name specific examples. The examples are just as dynamic as how the people are disliked.
"Oh Joe Cocker"
(you like Joe's Cocker, don't ya?)
"It's up where it belongs."
This reply was last edited on 03-21-05 02:08:52 PM by Sunn O))).
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 6 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 01:35:17 PM)

If you look through the Hall of Shame, you'll be able to see the absolute worst threads, and the Hall of Fame will show you some of the best. Try to stay in the middle or go towards "Hall of Fame"-type posting.

And just be yourself. If you suck, then there's not much we can do about changing that, is it?
rchif0: i love you
thecaveparable: why?
rchif0: good question
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 7 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 01:56:39 PM)

Quote:
Can't really name specific examples. The examples are just as dynamic as how the people are disliked.

Fisher and antpocas spring to mind.

They went from zero to hero i'm a serial-killer :)

Edit: Wait, me too.

Actually, you'd also probably need to keep in mind that people's posting style evolves as they age. Just look at some of the older threads here; pretty much everyone has changed. Posting like Flaming Arrow did 2 years ago might not be that great now, but then it was pretty much standard.
And I'm paralyzed
Cross out the eyes
Blur all the lines
Tearing this canvas from the wall
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 8 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 01:58:22 PM)

Quote:
If you keep up with the CoC, post with confidence, and think while posting, you most likely wont fall under the example of those who are disliked. Some are disliked from the start, others gain it through time. There are even examples where a forumer who was originally disliked has ended up being very respected later on.

Don't listen to her; she's a princess and her thoughts are skewed. I don't even know what the CoC is. Maybe we're at HG and we don't even know it.

Read the faq and try not to make too many posts while you're new.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 9 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 02:06:01 PM)

Quoted from wheezy:
Quote:
If you keep up with the CoC, post with confidence, and think while posting, you most likely wont fall under the example of those who are disliked. Some are disliked from the start, others gain it through time. There are even examples where a forumer who was originally disliked has ended up being very respected later on.

Don't listen to her; she's a princess and her thoughts are skewed. I don't even know what the CoC is. Maybe we're at HG and we don't even know it.

Read the faq and try not to make too many posts while you're new.

ToS, spelling error. Not much of an issue.omg yah rite fag lol
"Oh Joe Cocker"
(you like Joe's Cocker, don't ya?)
"It's up where it belongs."
This reply was last edited on 03-21-05 02:24:08 PM by Sunn O))).
DemonTed
BANG!!*thud*

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+31 / -8)
Reply 10 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 02:47:03 PM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
1.16-18

2.see goatstack, kapn xaos threads. Actually people take posting way too serious and dont have much of a real life or self esteem so they try to vent on people online.

Quoted from Chimp:
1) I'd say 18-19, though there are certainly younger and older.

2) They did that to themselves through either a) terrible posting or b) just being annoying.

Holy Fuck!! I'm surrounded by kids...I'm in my 30's. I guess I should provide the beer when/where ever I can.

Kapn Xaos appears to be one of those forummers that appears to not care about anything and just acts all crazy to create some kind of attention whoring. (weeeee lookit meeee shit)

I don't know what the hell goatstack is trying to do. From his posts he feels like he has an identity crisis. Going by recent 'whoever changed the name...' forum, It appears that goatstack has taken akin to Kapn Xaos.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 11 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 03:21:32 PM)

*Is 16.*

I notice that many here are in their college years, or later.

Also, I made the mistake of being a dumbass when I first came here. Don't be retarded, and post intelligently.

Oh, and don't make new threads as a newbie, unless it is truly awesome.

And the search function is your best friend.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 12 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 03:43:46 PM)

Make a friend! And post erotic pictures.
Kitabatake: My anal sex spider senses are tingling.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 13 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 03:45:46 PM)

Quoted from peach:
Make a friend! And post erotic pictures.

This helps immensely, too. Following revered examples, and seeing good posts in the Hall of Fame doesn't hurt either.
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 14 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 04:22:00 PM)

Quoted from DemonTed:
My questions are...

11 years old.

Are you happy, PEDO?
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 15 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 04:33:35 PM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
1.16-18

Hey man only 2 of my threads I've made are in the HoS!MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Edit: I don't get why you guys hate me. I mean, if I'm stupid I'm completely oblivous of the fact until moments later. I'm not a smart stupid person like Xaos...
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 16 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 05:03:51 PM)

Quote:
Holy Fuck!! I'm surrounded by kids...I'm in my 30's.

im 21, if that helps.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

Frightening social changes continued! And then the religious right began a righteous backlash! First they accused gays and lesbians of being promiscuous! And when this failed, they began accusing them of having long-term committed monogamous relationships and wanting to get married!
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 17 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 05:08:58 PM)

23yrs old in 9 days...

And you lot better buy me alcohol and/or crack-cocaine for presents.

Be nice, like me, and people love you. Be funny, like Smokey, and people love you. Be damn right sexy and cool, like Dani, and people love you.

It isn't hard to be liked around here. You just gotta roll with it.
Even as you slit my throat, I'd apologise for bleeding on your dress...
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 18 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 05:36:32 PM)

1. I'm 122 years old; Jeff (Sandamnit) made this forum as my last death wish. However, they invented the artificial heart around that time and I survived along with INTL.

2. Also, the key to being popular at INTL is to either be a girl or stir up drama (these are generally synonomous).

ps stay out of rs
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 19 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 05:44:54 PM)

i dont stir up drama, at least not intentionaly. does that mean no one likes me anymore?
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

Frightening social changes continued! And then the religious right began a righteous backlash! First they accused gays and lesbians of being promiscuous! And when this failed, they began accusing them of having long-term committed monogamous relationships and wanting to get married!
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 20 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 05:49:36 PM)

You're quietly bitchy and that's cool.
Kitabatake: My anal sex spider senses are tingling.
Shadowe

I kinda want to see that up someone's ass

Ballkicks: (+90 / -84)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 21 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 06:12:24 PM)

1) like they said, anywhere from 16 and up

2) Don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. Karma doesnt mean peaple like or dislike you automatically... its more like an ongoing graph of your Funny-meter.
i Will nOt inseRt subliminal mesSages into my signature to Harm certaIn peoPles Minds...yEt.

"http://www.thehumorarchives.com/humor/0001065.html"- End Of Discussion.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 22 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 06:14:06 PM)

Quoted from NNY:
i dont stir up drama, at least not intentionaly. does that mean no one likes me anymore?

Don't worry, we don't really like Dani either.
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
Ms PT
INTL Premium Member

:)

Ballkicks: (+123 / -10)
Reply 23 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 06:34:54 PM)

After seeing the 'average' age, I feel like I'm old enough to be someone's MOM hahahahah I'm only 23 though, so don't worry, there will be no preying on little boys anytime soon...or will there....
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 24 of 32 (Originally posted on: 03-21-05 06:39:44 PM)

I think the average age here has moved up a little bit, as forummers who have been here longer are getting older. Then again, we seem to get a lot of newbies. I would say the average age is 17-19. I'm 21 and I feel old.

The key here is to have a strong personality, and if you don't, then just act in confidence and you will stick out as an individual. If at first your personality does not fit in with the 'flow' of the board (which you will discover as you read along) then hide your personality and slowly let it out after you loose the newbie avatar. People will be like "holy shit, where did he/she pop out of?" Oh, and that definitely falls into the category of not starting out by making a millions sucky threads with only a link to a news article.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1594 | Total Posts: 32 ]