Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 10882 | Total Posts: 101 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Ballkicks: (+116 / -37)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
(Originally posted on: 03-14-05 03:40:49 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The trailer is now available on the internet. It actually looks like it won't suck, which is good. There is no Jar Jar Binks to be found, and they'll finally be some space action it seems. Also, Chewie is back, there looks to be more Yoda-fighting goodness, and there are some recognizable ships.

Link. You need quicktime for it.

Thoughts?
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 1 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-14-05 03:55:24 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Even though the first two were disappointing, I'll still probably see this one, mostly because I like Samuel L. Jackson. i'm a serial-killer :)

Too bad Lucas is the director.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 2 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-15-05 04:24:50 AM)

Oh, I'll see your movie, George. I will see it and say bad things about it on the internet. You'll get my money, but not my respect, which we all know is what you really want.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 3 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-15-05 04:54:27 AM)

Episode I looked like it wouldn't suck and then it did suck.

Episode II looked like it'd be loaded with not sucking, and it sucked.

Episode III looks exactly the opposite of something that looks like it won't suck but then sucks.

My bet is that it sucks. And I'll sit through every suck ass minute just so I can finally get closure on this Star Wars journey and can finally turn my back on it and never fucking revisit it again. Not even the old ones, I'm fucking sick of those too and I grew out of them years ago. Also I'm using my free pass to regal cinemas so I don't put any more money into Lucas's pockets because I wish he was bankrupt or dead. Either one is fine.
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 4 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-15-05 10:00:57 AM)

The movie looks so lame it makes me want to cry. Lucas is (surprise, surprise) focusing entirely too much on making the lightsabers pretty and not enough on the plot. This just looks... cheesy. The original Star Wars were groundbreaking. This is just becoming a cash cow.

And I'll still have to go to see it because like Smokey said I need closure MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
And I'm paralyzed
Cross out the eyes
Blur all the lines
Tearing this canvas from the wall
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-15-05 10:32:12 AM)

The fact that Darth Vader and other classic characters appear means it will probably be better than I and II, which is not saying much.
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 6 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-15-05 10:45:26 AM)

If Jar Jar died, I'd consider forgiving Lucas for the complete sullying of my childhood.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 7 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-15-05 11:50:52 AM)

Lucas should have started with Episode III and worked backwards to Episode I.

At least then, people could connect with characters they already know well, rather then having to meet an entirely new crew that had a high chance of sucking (compared to the classic characters of IV-VI).
LEGISLATION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 8 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-15-05 12:06:00 PM)

It wouldn't have been terribly hard to match quality characters with a new set, Lucas just didn't try because he knew if it had "STAR WARS" in the title idiots like us would see it whether it sucked or not.

This will be better:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/legostarwars/index.html
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
This reply was last edited on 03-15-05 12:28:29 PM by Smokey.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 9 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-16-05 07:40:30 AM)

Fuck you guys, I like every single Star Wars movie and I'll like this one too, whether I like it or not!
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 10 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-16-05 10:02:28 AM)

Quoted from Smokey:
It wouldn't have been terribly hard to match quality characters with a new set, Lucas just didn't try because he knew if it had "STAR WARS" in the title idiots like us would see it whether it sucked or not.

This will be better:

No, this will be better:

http://www.newgrounds.com/video/losthope.html
I open once and you call me devil's gateway[/whisper] | [whisper] Evil me, oh yeah I know, what good curves can you throw?
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 11 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-16-05 11:11:34 AM)

Quoted from Chimp:
The movie looks so lame it makes me want to cry. Lucas is (surprise, surprise) focusing entirely too much on making the lightsabers pretty and not enough on the plot. This just looks... cheesy. The original Star Wars were groundbreaking. This is just becoming a cash cow.

The...plot...?

The original Star Wars were groundbreaking... because of the effects (ie. pretty lightsabres!), not because of the groundbreaking plot thread of OMG GOOD VS. EVIL.

Come on people, you act like any of the Star Wars movies had good scripts. They didn't. The actors helped the first set, but it was mostly the novelty of the films that made them so memorable and groundbreaking. This is why Industrial Light and Magic is a huge firm, and George Lucas, Scriptwriter is not.

Whateva, I still like the movies. I just don't pretend like they were ever anything more than eye candy.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 12 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-16-05 01:06:21 PM)

Yeah, i love the scenery, all the space ships, the universe, and the multitude of races.

I didn't like episode 1 super muc, but i thought the clone wars was a really good movie.

I love the whole depth of the star wars universe, so forgive me if i wont join y'all in your wailing song.
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 13 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-16-05 02:44:25 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
Quoted from Chimp:

The...plot...?

The original Star Wars were groundbreaking... because of the effects (ie. pretty lightsabres!), not because of the groundbreaking plot thread of OMG GOOD VS. EVIL.

Come on people, you act like any of the Star Wars movies had good scripts. They didn't. The actors helped the first set, but it was mostly the novelty of the films that made them so memorable and groundbreaking. This is why Industrial Light and Magic is a huge firm, and George Lucas, Scriptwriter is not.

Whateva, I still like the movies. I just don't pretend like they were ever anything more than eye candy.

Even though I hate Star Trek...Star Wars is Star Trek for kids.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 14 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-17-05 05:34:39 AM)

Quoted from Snowy:
Quoted from Smokey:

This will be better:

No, this will be better:

http://www.newgrounds.com/video/losthope.html

Wow, that was the most dire thing I've ever seen.
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 15 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-17-05 09:13:30 AM)

Smokey, I'm going to kill you.

Just a heads up.

Quote:
George Lucas, Scriptwriter is not.

Hey, fuck you, Willow was awesome!
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 16 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-17-05 08:20:03 PM)

No, if the Star Wars novelty does not wear off for you when you grow up...you are a little baby nerd. That's the end of it, there's no way out.

Also: I grew out of Willow too.
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 17 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-18-05 01:14:29 PM)

The novelty of the films being enjoyable?
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 18 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-18-05 04:08:53 PM)

Being especially fond of the movies of our childhood? God forbid!
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 19 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-18-05 07:11:36 PM)

Evidently it really ruins our chances of being big, strapping, macho men like Smokey here.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 20 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-19-05 10:41:06 AM)

Evidently it really ruins your chances of being big, strapping, macho men like me.

The novelty will wear off guys, I promise. Not that I don't appreciate the films for what they were to me when I was a kid...but I wouldn't want to sit though them again at this point.

Of course...I know them pretty much by heart.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 21 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-19-05 12:01:20 PM)

Well, every human is different, smokey.

And i for one, like epics.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 22 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-19-05 02:43:06 PM)

Star Wars isn't an epic. Epics don't have Ewoks in them.

Also plenty of people are exactly the same as other people.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 23 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-19-05 03:33:03 PM)

Hey man, Ewoks are the best.
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 24 of 101 (Originally posted on: 03-19-05 06:31:55 PM)

I'd like to point out that the Ewoks had a point beyond being fuzzy and cute.

If you read between the lines, you notice they took atrocious losses fighting the Imperials, yet fought they did, and eventually won. Lucas had a message in there in beyond the fur and "yub yubs".
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10882 | Total Posts: 101 ]