Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Dating Annoyances? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3567 | Total Posts: 47 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 02-20-05 07:26:44 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm writing a story for a class. After I'm done, I'll post it here for a bit 'o critique. But I need to know some examples of things that, after dating someone for an extended period of time, can get annoying. Like how you gradually get tired of something someone does. Maybe they talk too loud, or they eat weird, or you get tired of their perfume or hair, I dunno, anything. Feel free to tell personal examples. kekeke u give soj???
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 07:39:46 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

People get into routines. My sister complains about it all the time, because all her boyfriend and her do is watch CSI until theis eyes bleed firenzic science evidence.
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Master

OMG MAGIC

Ballkicks: (+52 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jan 2005
Reply 2 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 08:01:26 PM)

Expecting things when I am not made aware of what you want.

Example: My girlfriend has it in her head that every friday night I will be with her despite me telling her that I will not. I will get text messages saying "Where are you" when I am in another state because magically, I am always supposed to be there on friday nights.

Also, she thinks I magically know when she is feeling bad and will get upset if I am not with her when she feels depressed or sick or something else.
user_friendly

fuck LBH

Ballkicks: (+18 / -27)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 3 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 08:30:39 PM)

I have experienced the following which have annoyed the piss out of me:

- them wanting you to spend all of your time with them
- their cleaning habits (not enough, or too much)
- chewing/drinking loud
- their addiction to computer games
- the way they dress (can sometimes suddenly become very unattractive after a couple of months/years
After many years, Miss Piggie will finally end her relationship with Kermit the Frog after he converts to Judaism and can no longer eat pork.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 4 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 08:42:01 PM)

- cleaning habits
- treating me like a maid/taking advantage of my naturally helpful personality
- noisy chewing (but that's anyone, really)
- emotional clinginess
- overt, unjustified jealousy
- not returning the sexual favor
- an extremely controlling personality
- argumentativeness
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 08:44:14 PM)

Amen to the way they dress. My girlfriend had the same set of ratty clothes that she would alternate between each week. At first I found it endearing, then trashy, then endearing, then annoying and stupid.

She also used to flash me her retainer, which I found disgusting and she only did it to gross me out. Bitch.

And then, she had an absolute bestest friend that I was jealous of because she was beautiful and my girlfriend'd tell me and her many times off and on how she wished her best friend were bi so they could date. And she'd hit on other girls constantly, and I'd get so fucking jealous. If she did it to make me jealous, it worked, but when I get jealous, I get clingy and vindictive. As she learned. i'm a serial-killer :)

Also, she had this annoying obsession with acting not only like a boy, but like a perfect gentleman. She was immersed in her image of being a nonconforming atheist punk although personally I'd judge her as a purebred poser. She also delighted in the fact that people thought she was crazy and cut herself for attention--

Anyway, you get the gist of it. She annoyed me.
rchif0: i love you
thecaveparable: why?
rchif0: good question
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 08:49:52 PM)

weren't you the one who shit in your ex's stuffed animals
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reply 7 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:01:28 PM)

- not swallowing
- talking while the tv is on
- not cleaning my clothes
- not making pie

Actually, people who are overly dramatic or always have somekind of issue over something.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 8 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:05:36 PM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:

Actually, people who are overly dramatic or always have somekind of issue over something.

I forgot that one.

Drama and overreacting.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 9 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:08:55 PM)

Dating in itself is an annoyance. I was never any good at it.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
-Deep Thought, Jack Handy
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 10 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:10:37 PM)

Vervet if you knew me you would hate me. I am everything and more that you hate about people in relationships.MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

There goes one dream.*sigh*
you guess who, its a mystery!
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:20:39 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
Dating in itself is an annoyance. I was never any good at it.

Welcome to my current world, the life of a whore.
greenidentity

Reply 12 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:33:05 PM)

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum, having had 4 long term relationships (from 1 1/2 years to 4 years long), I've always been a serial monogamist and never had any surface dating situations. Instead, my relationships always got serious pretty fast.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
user_friendly

fuck LBH

Ballkicks: (+18 / -27)
Reply 13 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 10:32:48 PM)

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum, having had 4 long term relationships (from 1 1/2 years to 4 years long), I've always been a serial monogamist and never had any surface dating situations. Instead, my relationships always got serious pretty fast.

I'm like that too... within 2 weeks of knowing him, my current b/f was moving in. He had no where else to go, and I was head over heels, and he kind of came in and never left.
After many years, Miss Piggie will finally end her relationship with Kermit the Frog after he converts to Judaism and can no longer eat pork.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 10:33:56 PM)

- talking really loud when my ear is 5 inches from your mouth
- being whiny and clingy and overly emotional about stupid shit
- constantly talking about the wild lives of people I don't even know as if I care
- especially when said talking is during my favourite TV shows
- acting as if I owe you something for buying me shit.
- wanting to do nothing but lie in bed all the time

etc.

I get annoyed easily.
greenidentity

Reply 15 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 10:36:22 PM)

Quoted from kayte:

- wanting to do nothing but lie in bed all the time

Man I would love to date someone as lazy as I am.

Quoted from user_friendly:

I'm like that too... within 2 weeks of knowing him, my current b/f was moving in. He had no where else to go, and I was head over heels, and he kind of came in and never left.

Well I neevr moved that fast, I wasn't getting married and having kids after being with someone for 2 months or something, I just awlays connected with the guy fairly easily and quickly to the point where the getting to knwo you and dating stages became uneccesary and moot.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 10:45:08 PM)

Hee, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy lying in bed... just not all the damn time.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 17 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 10:48:18 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
Hee, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy lying in bed... just not all the damn time.

So what your saying is, if I came to wolfville id have a shot with you cause Danny isnt cutting the slack I AM A NINJA!
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 18 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 11:10:20 PM)

lol @ duck hunt
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-21-05 01:11:44 AM)

Quoted from kayte:

- acting as if I owe you something for buying me shit.

You do.
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
spoon

Deer Hunter

Ballkicks: (+60 / -18)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 20 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-21-05 02:20:13 AM)

- expects me to rearrange things to meet his wants
- advice turns into him trying to tell me what to do because he knows everything
- he tells the same fucking stories over and over again

and a lot of other crap already mentioned.
SPRAC
you,,,are,,,stupid,,,stop,,,posting,,,ok,,,

Ballkicks: (+2 / -12)
Reply 21 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-21-05 03:46:17 AM)

Hi, I'm new,, this will be my 2nd post,,

for some reason I just feel like making that statement...

anyways,,,

the single thing that annoys me like hell is when my girlfriend thinks for me..

i.e.

she thinks I'm mad so she'll start asking all this stupid questions and acting all weird,,, that's if Im lucky,, cause if I'm not she'll get all feisty and "on her side" for and argument that ,,,well,,,doesn't even exist!!!!

Anyways,, My 2cts

---SPRAC
SPRAC
you,,,are,,,stupid,,,stop,,,posting,,,ok,,,

Ballkicks: (+2 / -12)
Reply 22 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-21-05 03:51:18 AM)

btw,,,, can anyone tell me how to put my picture on the thing?

"newbie" is cool and all, especially the pink color,,, but I'm just not feeling all that "yellow"

cheers

---SPRAC
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 23 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-21-05 04:09:03 AM)

The only thing about relationships I don't like, is expectancies that I don't understand. I can't magically smell you want me to act a little different about something.

I'll pick up when you're angry, sad, annoyed, happy, horny or whatever. I won't pick up unvoiced expectations. they suck. I hate them.

Quoted from SPRAC:
btw,,,, can anyone tell me how to put my picture on the thing?

"newbie" is cool and all, especially the pink color,,, but I'm just not feeling all that "yellow"

cheers

---SPRAC
You have to sacrifice 1.7 sacrificial lambs on the FAQ altar. Then you must give us all your worldly possessions. Then you can go.
biep biepbiep biiiiep
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 24 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-21-05 04:50:24 AM)

C'mon Marijn. I know you want to say women getting into bed with their cold feet and freezing up your legs.
Jiangjun Izzy: i ... see
Jiangjun Izzy: i love you too??
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3567 | Total Posts: 47 ]