Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Fucking dating [Teen angst tl;dr ahead] > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3995 | Total Posts: 44 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
(Originally posted on: 02-12-05 04:21:43 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Over the course of the past month, I have been trying to break into the dating scene at my school after the end of my long-term relationship with my ex-girlfriend. In the course of that time period, I have managed to get shot down by 3 women, led on by one, and just plain fucked by another.

The first three are unimportant, as they only served to destroy my self-esteem. The last two girls, however, have truly fucked with my mind.

The first girl is a redheaded female who is a Mormon. For this reason, my friends and I call her The Mormom. The Mormon recently arrived at our school a few weeks ago, transferring in from NJ. I thought the Mormon was a relatively attractive girl, and having only spoken to her once, I figured, hey, what the fuck, ask her out. My friends and I had planned on bowling that weekend, and I invited her to come along. This was on Monday. After giving me the impression all week that she wanted to come and was excited about it, she mysteriously cancelled on Thursday. I came to find out that it was because she was afraid that my friends disliked her and felt that the group dynamic would be uncomfortable.

Sort of strange, but I figured that I would simply ask her out on a one on one basis. Another week passed, and I asked her if she would like to join me for a movie. She informed me that she was already obligated to go shopping with her mom on Friday, and church function on Saturday.

Normally, I would simply put this off as she isn't interested. However, this girl is very enthusiastic to the point of going out of her way to say hi to me in the hallways, and told me that she would be free next weekend. OMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!? I'm not sure what to think; is she leading me on, or is she genuinely busy?

I really wanted to make plans for this weekend, however, and another girl in one of my 5th period classes seemed to show some interest in me. I didn't know her too well, so I asked for her AIM screen name, and we had a few conversations online. We got along pretty well, and I ended up asking her to go out Saturday. She said she would have to check, but she would be glad to go.

This was great news! Finally, a date! She had a sense of humor, and was pretty good-looking as well. However, I didn't speak to her Friday since I wasn't in school, and having only spoken to her in school and online before, I had foolishly not asked for her phone number. I didn't hear from her this morning, so I fired off an email asking her if she knew what was going on. After I got back this afternoon from my daily outings, she left me a cryptic email that simply said:

Quote:
Sorry...I can't go...
C-ya Monday

OMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!? UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1

Now, the preceding events wouldn't worry me normally, but Prom is coming and I crave companionship. I will have to have a date by the end of the month, or all the ladies will be taken. I seem to suck at this dating thing and I just needed to vent because I'm going to spend another night watching movies with my friends instead of making out in a movie theatre.

I hate high school.
please have sex with me zippo
This reply was last edited on 02-12-05 04:26:51 PM by Agon.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 04:54:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

On the whole dating thing: Maybe you shouldn't. It's not as if you have a real deadline to meet(aside from Prom, apparently), and you've just come off a very serious relationship. I didn't date in high school and while I'm sure it'll bite me on the ass if I ever have to go on a real date, it didn't hurt. Take a break and just ride with the flow for a while.
And about prom: You have friends, right? You're not Devon. Go with a bunch of friends(unless you're in one of those cliques where EVERYONE has a date) and you'll have more fun than if you have a date. Or just go stag. It isn't overrated. Guys who go stag usually end up being the life of the party.
Chess players mate better
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 2 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 05:29:29 PM)

There's a good chance she isn't interested. Very few women will actually tell you they aren't interested because women are cowards. i'm a serial-killer :)

Ok so it has more to do with women being more emotional then men and she likes you enough to not want to hurt your feelings but at the same time she wants nothing to do with you in THAT way, but she likes you enough to go with you. OR She genuinely is too busy to go with you when you ask her.

Personally, I'd just set my sites elsewhere. Of course I am more comfortable with loneliness than most people.
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 08:23:16 PM)

Quoted from Amphytrite:

And about prom: You have friends, right? You're not Devon. Go with a bunch of friends(unless you're in one of those cliques where EVERYONE has a date) and you'll have more fun than if you have a date. Or just go stag. It isn't overrated. Guys who go stag usually end up being the life of the party.
Must be different where you when to high school from my school. Because at my school no one, and i mean no one, does that. You'd be out of your mind to do so here.
i've never been perfect // but i never meant to drag down you // so if i'm dragging you down now // i could wait in the lost and found // just promise me you'll be perfect // and i promise that i'll come around sometimes // to say // hello // all smiles[/w]

[w]L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Khelben
INTL Premium Member
OMG!

Come to my car. I have candy.

Ballkicks: (+69 / -35)
Reg. Date: Jan 2005
Reply 4 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 08:37:09 PM)

The words "she's playing hard to get" somehow come to mind.

Just ask her as unakwardly as possible what she's doing when, and if she isn't doing anything, then ask her out. One-on-one, of course. But if you're nervous around her, then go with a small group.

I don't mean to sound like Mom, but if she shoots you down, at least you tried.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 5 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 08:51:16 PM)

Religious chicks are bad game. Avoid them unless you know you can snag a super wild streak.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 09:00:05 PM)

I can completely relate, Agon. This year, several girls have tried to fuck with me...which I didn't take very well. Besides the first, I completely cut things off (IE, not talking or looking at them at all) as soon as I could tell that something was up. Saves for wasted time and makes me seem more unattainable to other girls because I just cut things off with the other girls without having any real reason that people could see.

Hooray for bitterness.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Hevan Gale

someone needs to break my hypocritical fingers

Ballkicks: (+27 / -49)
Reply 7 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 09:33:59 PM)

What kind of messed up high school are you people going to?? It's the other way around- guys fuck us up, play with our feelings, and then pretend like everything's all flowers and rainbows and that nothing ever even happened!

If you've had it as bad as THAT... then stay away from it for a while... maybe someone will show real interest in you and you'll have a date for the prom. If not, then go and find someone to hang out with there. You're not likely to be the only single guy going anyways.
~One day you will go on a big adventure with hobbit-sized proportions~
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 8 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 09:41:01 PM)

Quote:
What kind of messed up high school are you people going to?? It's the other way around- guys fuck us up, play with our feelings, and then pretend like everything's all flowers and rainbows and that nothing ever even happened!

It happens the other way around too; it's pretty much a big manipulation dance party 'round these parts. You may not realize it because of self-delusion or inability to see anything, but you have probably fucked with some guys yourself. Like it's been said earlier, some females may not intentionally fuck with guys, but since they're coward to tell a guy no, they still fuck with them.

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reply 9 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-12-05 11:22:38 PM)

Quoted from emtilt:
Must be different where you went to high school from my school. Because at my school no one, and i mean no one, does that. You'd be out of your mind to do so here.

That sucks. My mother forced me to go with a date senior year, and I had way more fun junior year when I just went with a bunch of friends.
But okay, stunning revelation of this thread: girls fuck with guys and guys fuck with girls. Oh, and high school sucks. No matter what. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Quoted from Agon:
transferring in from NJ

coal
Chess players mate better
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

Reply 10 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-13-05 06:17:12 AM)

I forgot to mention in my original post that the Mormon practically insisted that I take down her number, rather than me asking for it, which is the main reason why I would think she is interested.

Thanks for the advice so far guys.

Quoted from Hevan Gale:

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/display.php?tid=19565
please have sex with me zippo
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 11 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-13-05 03:21:25 PM)

Quoted from Agon:
Quoted from Hevan Gale:

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/display.php?tid=19565

I completely forgot about that. Hey Hevan Gale, you're a fucking dumbass. i'm a serial-killer :)

Hevan Gale

someone needs to break my hypocritical fingers

Ballkicks: (+27 / -49)
Reply 12 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-13-05 09:01:04 PM)

Merci.
~One day you will go on a big adventure with hobbit-sized proportions~
Khelben
INTL Premium Member
OMG!

Come to my car. I have candy.

Ballkicks: (+69 / -35)
Reg. Date: Jan 2005
Reply 13 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-13-05 10:59:00 PM)

Jesus Christ, whats happening to Agon's avatars?!
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

Reply 14 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-14-05 01:51:03 PM)

Just talked to this girl :

Quote:
I really wanted to make plans for this weekend, however, and another girl in one of my 5th period classes seemed to show some interest in me. I didn't know her too well, so I asked for her AIM screen name, and we had a few conversations online. We got along pretty well, and I ended up asking her to go out Saturday. She said she would have to check, but she would be glad to go.

I asked her what happened Saturday, and she told me that nothing happened. OMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!? She simply didn't want to go. Way to be up front about it, cunt.
please have sex with me socrateius
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

Reply 15 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-19-05 07:49:01 AM)

Another update for anyone who's interested:

I ended up going out last night after being set-up with a friend of a friend, and had a pretty good time. I'll probably end up asking her to prom, but she's not my type as far as actual dating goes.
please have sex with me hasty penguin
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 16 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-19-05 06:19:38 PM)

Better have sex with her before she realizes what a horrible, horrible mistake she's made.

Go get 'em, son.

Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 17 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-19-05 11:42:35 PM)

Since I'm 19, I technically can still have teen angst.

Therefore, I hate dating, guys suck, and I want to die.

Fin.
rchif0: i love you
thecaveparable: why?
rchif0: good question
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 18 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 11:35:55 AM)

Quoted from Smokey:
There's a good chance she isn't interested. Very few women will actually tell you they aren't interested because women are cowards. i'm a serial-killer :)

I feel really bad for you because you seem to have had bad experiences with women and come to conclusions like these. Everytime I've told guys I just want to be friends, they say it's ok but continue to try to "win me over". Girls aren't cowards, guys just can't take "just friends" for a fucking answer if it doesn't match how they feel. Then, when they finally find out that the woman was serious, they stop talking to her. Niiiice.

Anyhow, my advice for this dating thing is pretty basic. The old "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you actually find a prince" type of thing. It's basic and simple, but I find it to be pretty true.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
-Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 19 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 01:10:36 PM)

High school is all about hooking up with girls you think are hot in attempt to figure out what you enjoy in the opposite sex. I wouldn't have any serious relationships until after HS for sure.
"She had dyed red hair, a forest green dress, and a pair of kitchen knives. She was the last time I ever saw a rose."

"We all have the same thing. One lifetime.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 20 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 03:17:10 PM)

Quote:
I feel really bad for you because you seem to have had bad experiences with women and come to conclusions like these. Everytime I've told guys I just want to be friends, they say it's ok but continue to try to "win me over". Girls aren't cowards, guys just can't take "just friends" for a fucking answer if it doesn't match how they feel. Then, when they finally find out that the woman was serious, they stop talking to her. Niiiice.

This is because males and females look at interaction with the other gender completely different. Males are incapable of being friends with females, the sex aspect will interfere with everything. I mean, there are obviously exceptions; I have two platonic female friends, but that's a rarity indeed. As a whole, males don't really like females; between hanging out with their buddies that are actually interested in football or video games and a chick that wants to go shopping, it's obvious why. They have enough friends that they like hanging out with more, and unless a female is absolutely spectacular, they don't want to put the time into a having a friendship with her.

D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 21 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 06:07:40 PM)

edit: nerrmind this
"I like braided pigtails. My girlfriend does her hair like that a lot and I'm always a little sad when she takes it down." - Fishmanpet
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 22 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 07:44:36 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
Girls pretty much gave me that whole 'just wanna be friends' deal right up until around a year ago.

And Soccy, males and females can be just friends. I've done it, and still do. Sure, the random fantasy of sex (and other explicite acts) with said person crosses my mind, but that doesnt mean I let it fuck up the friendship.

<sarcasm>Thats what loney, depressing mastrubation is for.</sarcasm>

If I liked a girl and all she wanted to be was friends, sure, I'd be a little hurt. I'd think I wasn't good enough or something. But at least she doesn't hate me, and she still wants to talk and hang out with me.
you guess who, its a mystery!
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 23 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:29:51 PM)

Quoted from Socrateius:
Quote:

This is because males and females look at interaction with the other gender completely different. Males are incapable of being friends with females, the sex aspect will interfere with everything. I mean, there are obviously exceptions; I have two platonic female friends, but that's a rarity indeed. As a whole, males don't really like females; between hanging out with their buddies that are actually interested in football or video games and a chick that wants to go shopping, it's obvious why. They have enough friends that they like hanging out with more, and unless a female is absolutely spectacular, they don't want to put the time into a having a friendship with her.

Guys as a whole don't like females? Guys and girls can't be friends? What planet do you live on? You DO realize that not all men share the same viewpoints, right?

I know men who worship women like goddesses. I know men who think women are just really stupid (about 80% of themn do). I know men who think men are inferior to women by far and I know plenty of men who have good friendships with women with no strings attatched. I know married men and men with girlfriends who are also good friends with women with nothing weird or sexual going on.

I understand that straight men want sex from women and that CAN taint a friendship, but fucking A, I just really hate it when guys say all girls are teases, play games and are never upfront about things, because I feel I am. And i know girls who are, and I know plenty of men who don't fucking listen to them and then get all mad when they finally pull thier head out of thier ass.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
-Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 24 of 44 (Originally posted on: 02-20-05 09:50:20 PM)

i think what soccy meant was "Men are incapable of being friends with hot females"
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3995 | Total Posts: 44 ]